Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:04:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:20:29 PM

In case anyone is thinking about veripool (pool.vericoin.info), don't bother it's not worth it. Experimented by pointing a 1Th/s sha-256 miner at it for 24 hours and got $1.50 usd (5.63 vrc) worth of vericoin. Supposedly they mine an anonymous coin and then exchange it for vericoin and split it up in the pool. Whatever the multipool 256 coin was, I found 7 blocks of it, but the return sucked. Someone in another thread alleged that the pool operator may be skimming, so be warned.  Your best bet is to just mine BTC (or whatever else) and then exchange for vericoin.

Also, yes, I know vericoin is a proof of stake coin, I just wanted to test the exchange pool to see what it was like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:30:59 PM

I do clearly see there accumulation going on about 40K... think about of goin all inn again... could there will definitly be another 5x run startet at 50k, some gives me green light?

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:36:55 PM

I do clearly see there accumulation going on about 40K... think about of goin all inn again... could there will definitly be another 5x run startet at 50k, some gives me green light?

glad you can see that they are buying. current price is lowest i've seen past few days. solid devs, cool features coming next few days, what more do you want hear ?  Roll Eyes
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:52:05 PM

In case anyone is thinking about veripool (pool.vericoin.info), don't bother it's not worth it. Experimented by pointing a 1Th/s sha-256 miner at it for 24 hours and got $1.50 usd (5.63 vrc) worth of vericoin. Supposedly they mine an anonymous coin and then exchange it for vericoin and split it up in the pool. Whatever the multipool 256 coin was, I found 7 blocks of it, but the return sucked. Someone in another thread alleged that the pool operator may be skimming, so be warned.  Your best bet is to just mine BTC (or whatever else) and then exchange for vericoin.

Also, yes, I know vericoin is a proof of stake coin, I just wanted to test the exchange pool to see what it was like.

I hope you have some kind of proof of your allegations.

Biontic

Activity: 121

HodL tight, it's gonna get wild

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:54:03 PM

snip (pool.vericoin.info), don't bother it's not worth it. Experimented by pointing a 1Th/s sha-256 miner at it for 24 hours and got $1.50 usd (5.63 vrc) worth of vericoin. snip
Yep I tried that too - 1Th Sha256 for 21 hours on the 27th/28th - totalled 33 VRC so far

nowhere near as profitable - BTC mining woulda generated 0.0318 but I only got 33 VRC = 0.01425 @ 43k
even at 55k its still only 0.01815

However there are still payments trickling in 3 days later - so results - not conclusive - but id be surprised if I get another 20+vrc

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
 Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." ~George Bernard Shaw
epicradness

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:58:52 PM

He'd need proof for the allegations if he himself was alleging this. He's just telling us what he heard on another thread.

But to the core of his post, as he illustrated, is pretty correct. I've pointed about 25Mh/s Scrypt for almost a half a day and got proportionally, what he's describing.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:09:37 AM

He'd need proof for the allegations if he himself was alleging this. He's just telling us what he heard on another thread.

But to the core of his post, as he illustrated, is pretty correct. I've pointed about 25Mh/s Scrypt for almost a half a day and got proportionally, what he's describing.

Well most multipools suck just as hard, the best turn out is to mine a coin direct then put it through an exchange and just buy vrc. At least I noticed the same thing, the only reason why I still keep them pointed to veripool is because I want to support the coin. I agree some more transparency with the pool would be nice. Look at LTCrabbits setup they have good transparency and they multimine. I am sure the devs are way to busy to accomplish this atm maybe in the future it can be another project.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:11:50 AM

What he said is hearsay. It's worth even less. Yes, he needs proof or it's not true. Just another lie.

professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

I have to say, this is one of the most promising coins I've seen in a while.

I'm watching this one very closely.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:20:30 AM

You better buy...you can watch it closely but if it shoots into the air, you're lost
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:21:00 AM

Hmm Big ltc sell off....

Wonders Lee let it slip LTC would never be getting on coinbase even though he works there.

Then again were some whispers at one time of vrc making it though huh?

Inc buys on vrc at same time, interesting times...

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
professorY

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

You better buy...you can watch it closely but if it shoots into the air, you're lost

Oh, I did.

I sold my crypto holdings and cashed out a few months ago after getting burned in the NEOBEE b.s. (not a huge % of my holdings but still...I was more angry for other people who lost a lot). I just recently got back in and I've been researching the current crop of alts and Vericoin really seems to have its shit together.

The devs being very public is gold. That was one of the best things about Dogecoin. But just the fact that you can automatically spend it wherever bitcoin is accepted basically renders a LOT of other alts moot, doesn't it? Let's hope it keeps up.

The fact that it has such a solid 'elevator pitch' ("you can automatically spend it anywhere btc is accepted!!") will be huge for these guys in the coming weeks. Once it starts to spread a bit, this could be a good one.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:32:43 AM

Stop spamming shit
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:37:44 AM

Stop spamming shit

+10   Cheesy
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:42:49 AM

Oh, I did.

I sold my crypto holdings and cashed out a few months ago after getting burned in the NEOBEE b.s. (not a huge % of my holdings but still...I was more angry for other people who lost a lot). I just recently got back in and I've been researching the current crop of alts and Vericoin really seems to have its shit together.

The devs being very public is gold. That was one of the best things about Dogecoin. But just the fact that you can automatically spend it wherever bitcoin is accepted basically renders a LOT of other alts moot, doesn't it? Let's hope it keeps up.

The fact that it has such a solid 'elevator pitch' ("you can automatically spend it anywhere btc is accepted!!") will be huge for these guys in the coming weeks. Once it starts to spread a bit, this could be a good one.

vrc is good until others don't create veribit. what is stopping coins like peercoin, nxt, drk coin doing the same thing. vrc was the first but will definitly not be the last. only if we could stop them, vrc would be the next big thing
professorY

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:45:06 AM

Oh, I did.

vrc is good until others don't create veribit. what is stopping coins like peercoin, nxt, drk coin doing the same thing. vrc was the first but will definitly not be the last. only if we could stop them, vrc would be the next big thing

Exactly. You can't stop anyone else from doing it too. So they need to get the message out there hard and fast so that people associate that idea with them. They seem to be doing a good job so far of getting themselves out there, so I just hope it continues.

koralon

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:45:55 AM

Hello dudes!

Did you know BitcoinPoster.com?

You could put a logo of their coin there..   Smiley

Thankss

2005 called, they want their pixel grid banners back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Million_Dollar_Homepage
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:51:32 AM

Oh, I did.

Exactly. You can't stop anyone else from doing it too. So they need to get the message out there hard and fast so that people associate that idea with them. They seem to be doing a good job so far of getting themselves out there, so I just hope it continues.

Actually a lot of Vericoins operations is not open source so it would take a very intelligent team to mimic what they have done.
professorY

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

Oh, I did.

Actually a lot of Vericoins operations is not open source so it would take a very intelligent team to mimic what they have done.

Even better.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:59:02 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 03:22:48 AM by Kevondo

In case anyone is thinking about veripool (pool.vericoin.info), don't bother it's not worth it. Experimented by pointing a 1Th/s sha-256 miner at it for 24 hours and got $1.50 usd (5.63 vrc) worth of vericoin. Supposedly they mine an anonymous coin and then exchange it for vericoin and split it up in the pool. Whatever the multipool 256 coin was, I found 7 blocks of it, but the return sucked. Someone in another thread alleged that the pool operator may be skimming, so be warned.  Your best bet is to just mine BTC (or whatever else) and then exchange for vericoin.

The Multipool is also STILL IN BETA. Dev's only have so much time and r spending it on implementing other features

They know the pool needs work and will get around to it.

It only went beta a short time ago. It was in Alpha for quite awhile

The multipool has been available and VeriSend-SMS, with anon option,  VeriBit, new wallet releases incorprating these features fullfilled promises they made to the community.

They have also done multiple interviews, arranged with the help of a generous VRC community a PR Firm, raised funds to go to the NABC meeting  in chicago on 19 July. okayed a First edition physical 1 Troy OZ. .99 silver VeriCoin with holgraphic chip that can be used to store VRC.

I can't speak for pnosker but I belive he would tell U the pool is "Raggadey" and he's not happy with it.  But the Dev's have prioritzed things and all will be fine sooner or later.

I don't know how they do it really. All 3 work fulltime jobs. From FaceBook it looks like Effect has a Family. all 3 R constantly present answering question and Squashing FUD"sters, like a bug in their code. All 3 do this with aplomb and pnosker is like a bear protecting the cubs.

So The pool isn't a Ferrari yet it's a Fiesta.  I'm good with that, going down the road with these guys at their speed. I trust their judgements as to where and on what they spend their time

But that's just me...

CORRECTION: In a more recent post on the subject of the pool pnosker states the pool is still in ALPHA. I was in error here. My apologies.
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: