Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:44:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
superfluouso

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:57:45 AM

I apologize if this was already discussed/requested elsewhere in this thread.

Feature Request: In the Vericoin wallet overview tab, could you include a line item showing the total amount of vrc/interest earned?

Just click on 'transactions', then click on 'type', it will all be there sorted by date.

Thanks - I'm familiar with QT but what I'm looking for is a total interest amount listed in overview.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:16:46 AM

Yes you are right. A good part of the answer. Smiley
However, in Indonesia for example, it is illegal to trade ( buy goods using crypto) but OK to trade crypto for fiat. Also, merchants in small towns are unlikely to want to accept Ver direct but might be willing to have an ATM if they get a percentage from ATM use. Also, ATM's might help reduce the problem of price hiking by middlmen.
The world is so varied we will probably need many solutions to get Ver into mainstream use. It's already way ahead of other coins that are about as useful as a rubber crutch in a swamp.  Grin

@Aragoon

Please can you point me to the Undang2 RI that bans the trading using crypto? I am interested about this.

Thanks in advance,

Eth.
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:29:40 AM

Sorry but I can't point you to the legislation (undang2) about trading in RI. I just picked up bits from local news. I used the situation here as an example of how merchant adoption is not always the solution.  Smiley
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:29:51 AM

vericoin been a bit quiet for the last few days. do you know PINK coin is working on something like veribit, but instead of it being used where btc is being used, it will be used where paypal is accepted
backdoorboy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:46:19 AM

Yes you are right. A good part of the answer. Smiley
However, in Indonesia for example, it is illegal to trade ( buy goods using crypto) but OK to trade crypto for fiat. Also, merchants in small towns are unlikely to want to accept Ver direct but might be willing to have an ATM if they get a percentage from ATM use. Also, ATM's might help reduce the problem of price hiking by middlmen.
The world is so varied we will probably need many solutions to get Ver into mainstream use. It's already way ahead of other coins that are about as useful as a rubber crutch in a swamp.  Grin

@Aragoon

Please can you point me to the Undang2 RI that bans the trading using crypto? I am interested about this.

Thanks in advance,

Eth.

link to relevant article mentioning indonesian currency laws, Undang-Undang Nomor 7 Tahun 2011, Undang-Undang Nomor 23 Tahun 1999, and Undang-Undang Nomor 6 Tahun 2009

http://e27.co/bank-indonesia-declares-bitcoin-as-illegal-currency/
aragoon

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:51:01 AM

Nice one and thank you.  Grin
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 09:55:28 AM

vericoin been a bit quiet for the last few days. do you know "x" coin is working on something like veribit, but instead of it being used where btc is being used, it will be used where paypal is accepted

That will be interesting. Taxes ect for crossing currencies like that would be a big liability I would think. Going crypto to crypto keeps you in the same currency type.

Going from crypto to paypal might be a taxable event in some countries. I personally wouldn't cash out a penny here until US law is official. Instead any money I made would be spent on gift cards and other things so that I didn't withdraw to a bank account and claim income.

Interesting Idea. But its not going to work on a scale such as veri-bit due to the tax laws.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
backdoorboy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:15:48 AM

I'm in Malaysia, and am promoting crypto to migrant workers, predominantly Bangladeshi's who work at my local petrol stations, as an alternative remittance.
since telling them about Vericoin veri-sms some have shown more interest over btc as most do not have internet access readily where they dorm or work, and their spouses at home are generally not computer literate or dont have a pc of their own, but all own smart phones and do make video calls, so these guys do use the internet when available. (info from the guys i know.. not in any way a generalisation)

apart from western union, there are "money changer" syndicates that offer services to workers at competitive rates, and i have even heard that some have used phone credit as a means to transfer funds, only hear say but sounds interesting, humans get very resourceful when there are leaches and parasites at every corner.

i have yet to find a willing adopter/partcipant, due to the lack of crypto 2 fiat conversion at the Bangladesh end.. if any bangladeshi / indon / myanmar folks are on vericoin thread.. theres a whole bunch of ppl being raped of their hard earned cash by the likes of western union, i urge you guys to promote vericoin and push for conversion services at your end

altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:53:58 AM

VeriCoin had a great day on Wall St. discussing VeriCoin with some corporations. We also found some time to make it to the Bitcoin Center in NY.

We (Doug and I) are going to be hosting a party at the NY Bitcoin Center in the Financial District of Manhattan (across the st. from the NYSE!). The party will be in late July (date still not set in stone) and we will have lots of cool stuff to give away (VeriCoin Tee shirts, stickers, paper wallets with some VRC, etc.). We will also be bringing food and drinks.

Doug and I are happy to help contribute funds for this party, but if you would like to contribute, please send some VRC over to this address (the Party Fund): VJ61hq3A8RCq79uaWAFe56J3ri5RvitN15

Anything unused will go to the VeriFund.

It's going to cost a few thousand dollars to have a hundred shirts to giveaway, a DJ, etc. but we think it's going to be awesome. The tentative date is set for Monday night, 7/28, at 7 PM.

Please help us host the Very First VeriParty in NYC!

Great news about the Wall St. investor meeting and many congratulations for what you have achieved with this project so far!

As for the launch party, my understanding was that the plan is to have a big launch party organised by WizRig (J. Bosch) in Miami. We heard in the first hangout that a big party will be with celebrities, TV and all kind of news organisations in Miami where the world will hear about VeriCoin. Is that Miami PR event still going to happen? I am fully aware that you do not work for investors like myself and you have no obligation to answer, but since you represent the project, you have put your digital currency in the public exchanges and your project involves with real peoples' real money your reply would be really appreciated.

During the time when the price was pumped to 55K WizRig was very active and outlined an ambitious and sensible PR plan via the first hangout (when WizRig and you were sitting together and explained the plans side by side) as well as via twitter and IRC, it sounded a good plan and it seemed your decision to let WizRig close to your project is a wise one. WizRig said that he is here for creating crypto history, work for the community and for him it is not about money, it is about work for something good. Is that still happening, generally speaking is WizRig still part of your project and if yes to what extent? Since you represent VeriCoin I hope you don't mind I am asking you about the role of WizRig in your project.

In Russia there are many investors like myself very interested in your digital currency, its features like the SMS and VeriBit are very suitable for our environment. We are not concerned about price drops at all, but it would be great to understand who is doing what in your project.

aragoon

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:01:18 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 01:36:21 PM by aragoon

I'm in Malaysia, and am promoting crypto to migrant workers, predominantly Bangladeshi's who work at my local petrol stations, as an alternative remittance.
since telling them about Vericoin veri-sms some have shown more interest over btc as most do not have internet access readily where they dorm or work, and their spouses at home are generally not computer literate or dont have a pc of their own, but all own smart phones and do make video calls, so these guys do use the internet when available. (info from the guys i know.. not in any way a generalisation)

apart from western union, there are "money changer" syndicates that offer services to workers at competitive rates, and i have even heard that some have used phone credit as a means to transfer funds, only hear say but sounds interesting, humans get very resourceful when there are leaches and parasites at every corner.

i have yet to find a willing adopter/partcipant, due to the lack of crypto 2 fiat conversion at the Bangladesh end.. if any bangladeshi / indon / myanmar folks are on vericoin thread.. theres a whole bunch of ppl being raped of their hard earned cash by the likes of western union, i urge you guys to promote vericoin and push for conversion services at your end

Yes. In Indonesia you can use a phone operator card to top up with credit and then use for shopping and cash back.( XL network ). Crypto could do it much better if we could find an accessible and easy way to cash into local currency. Not many people know about BTC never mind alt coins. But VRC can offer a way to transfer value and, if it could then be cashed into local currency the word would spread like wildfire in no time. First mover will win the day. Yes, it's using VRC as a means to an end and it goes back into Fiat but what a difference it could make for millions.

In-wallet decentralised exchange from FIAT to Crypto, systems to send value by SMS, privacy options are already on the table. Sending is easy thanks to VERisend

The bottleneck is getting the token (VRC ) into local currency and, in so far as is humanly possible, keeping the middleman centralised services out of the process. Prypto cards offer one way to go but I still think direct use of ATMs would be better. I personally would avoid the PayPal route.
For rural areas, if folk understand the benefits of it, local centres could be set up with an ATM and Internet connection in a nearby town. It might be combined with micro funding projects run by women to encourage small business development and reach a global source for crowdfunding. The possibilities it opens up are limitless.
I'm sorry I am not a tech so I have no idea about the likely complexities in setting up such a system but I believe it will be worth the effort. meantime, I'll just keep telling people about VRC and how good it is.
aragoon

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:18:23 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 01:37:28 PM by aragoon

I must apologise for repeatedly using VER (abbreviation ) instead of the correct VRC. Mea Culpa.  Smiley

edited prev posts to put things right,  Smiley
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:48:32 AM

Thanks @backdoorboy and @aragoon for the references about the usage of Bitcoin in RI, I was quite surprised that there could be an specific law banning BTC per se, since the nature of the Indonesian government is to be snail-level-slow adapting the Undang2 to the new technologies.

That was a pity because I had in mind a small Bali campaign to promote the VRC/BTC commerce there (and remember bitcoin.co.id headquarters are located there also) but I will study the scenario twice after reading the quoted article.

Cheers,

Eth.
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:21:03 PM

VeriCoin had a great day on Wall St. discussing VeriCoin with some corporations. We also found some time to make it to the Bitcoin Center in NY.

We (Doug and I) are going to be hosting a party at the NY Bitcoin Center in the Financial District of Manhattan (across the st. from the NYSE!). The party will be in late July (date still not set in stone) and we will have lots of cool stuff to give away (VeriCoin Tee shirts, stickers, paper wallets with some VRC, etc.). We will also be bringing food and drinks.

Doug and I are happy to help contribute funds for this party, but if you would like to contribute, please send some VRC over to this address (the Party Fund): VJ61hq3A8RCq79uaWAFe56J3ri5RvitN15

It's going to cost a few thousand dollars to have a hundred shirts to giveaway, a DJ, etc. but we think it's going to be awesome. The tentative date is set for Monday night, 7/28, at 7 PM.

I got your cab fare. Smiley

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:22:58 PM

Great news about the Wall St. investor meeting and many congratulations for what you have achieved with this project so far!

As for the launch party, my understanding was that the plan is to have a big launch party organised by WizRig (J. Bosch) in Miami. We heard in the first hangout that a big party will be with celebrities, TV and all kind of news organisations in Miami where the world will hear about VeriCoin. Is that Miami PR event still going to happen? I am fully aware that you do not work for investors like myself and you have no obligation to answer, but since you represent the project, you have put your digital currency in the public exchanges and your project involves with real peoples' real money your reply would be really appreciated.

During the time when the price was pumped to 55K WizRig was very active and outlined an ambitious and sensible PR plan via the first hangout (when WizRig and you were sitting together and explained the plans side by side) as well as via twitter and IRC, it sounded a good plan and it seemed your decision to let WizRig close to your project is a wise one. WizRig said that he is here for creating crypto history, work for the community and for him it is not about money, it is about work for something good. Is that still happening, generally speaking is WizRig still part of your project and if yes to what extent? Since you represent VeriCoin I hope you don't mind I am asking you about the role of WizRig in your project.

In Russia there are many investors like myself very interested in your digital currency, its features like the SMS and VeriBit are very suitable for our environment. We are not concerned about price drops at all, but it would be great to understand who is doing what in your project.

I'm not sure where we are with the Miami party. Hopefully Joel can pop in and answer any questions you have regarding him.

We've run into some issues with Bristol PR (not related to Joel-- Bristol has a check signed by him that he donated) relating to attacks by other coins on VRC. We're going to call them today and hopefully figure out how to resolve the issues.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:29:59 PM

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:34:58 PM

relating to attacks by other coins on VRC. We're going to call them today and hopefully figure out how to resolve the issues.

Any chance you could expand on this Pat? What 'attacks' are these and how does this affect the job that they were hired to do?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:36:32 PM

relating to attacks by other coins on VRC. We're going to call them today and hopefully figure out how to resolve the issues.
Any chance you could expand on this Pat? What 'attacks' are these and how does this affect the job that they were hired to do?

I wish I could go into more detail but honestly I don't really know. I'll report back after we talk to them. As of right now, they are refusing to cash the check. Maybe the cattiness crypto just isn't for them.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:51:36 PM

I'm not sure where we are with the Miami party. Hopefully Joel can pop in and answer any questions you have regarding him.

We've run into some issues with Bristol PR (not related to Joel-- Bristol has a check signed by him that he donated) relating to attacks by other coins on VRC. We're going to call them today and hopefully figure out how to resolve the issues.

Thanks for your reply. The Bristol PR plan sounded really good, sorry to hear there are issues and good luck with resolving it. The plan to get them news releases this week and use Bristol PR to get VeriCoin to the mainstream sounded really good.

If you don't know what is happening with the Miami party then there is a lack of communication within the team at least with Joel. I thought that was the case when I saw less and less communication from Joel.

There are always issues in any processes and I am sure you will solve the problems. We (me and another few Russian investor in our group) see VeriCoin as a long term project which will be very successful because of the dev team and will invest more in the meantime to keep VeriCoin going :-))

Amalgamus

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:10:37 PM

I must apologise for repeatedly using VER (abbreviation ) instead of the correct VRC. Mea Culpa.  Smiley
You can correct it by going on your post and click on "edit" to change VER into VRC.
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Is there a link to the Google invite?  I'd like to help test on my Nexus 5..

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: