Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:10:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:21:16 AM

When you start reverting back to insulting other aspects of the coin it becomes clear to people that your previous posts and "recommendations" are all given with similar ill intent. You are a troll who is happy to see VRC hurting, congrats..
If you're so blind that you can't see that these 'features' are pure gimmicks, then I wish you all the luck holding your bag.

The butt hurt bag holders in this thread are priceless.

Incase you aren't good at math, or never checked out the gimmick aside from mocking it, let me say it again. I can keep saying this as long as you want to say its a gimmick, because you miss the value big time in this.

Actually veri-bit costs .20 cents to get money to bitcoin wallet from cryptsy, withdraw bitcoin and it costs .31

So, its a "gimmick" that actually saves you money! Huh, whatta gimmick!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btminer8

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:21:46 AM

Apparently it is okay to steal from vericoin investors hard-earned money in the name of decentralization.

These people who are against the hard fork lacks empathy and integrity.

Actually hard forking to avoid a transaction makes your coin lose 100% of it's integrity.

What integrity are you talking about? Avoiding a malicious transaction?

So it is okay to steal in cryptocurrencies and get away with it now?

Aww, does someone need mommy to hold their hand on their trip to the bank? Nice mickey mouse coin.

If this is your conclusion, you showed your true colours.
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:24:48 AM

Everything you say is false, misleading or you just keep ignoring the situation.  I can't keep up, but you are not alone.

I stopped responding to people because it is the same thing over and over.  You explain to them what 8 mil coins staking at once would do and they ignore, or they make up their own bitcoin history like you just did Smiley

You take the time to respond, but doesn't make a single worthwhile comment...  Obviously you just have nothing to say of value.

Nothing I have said is false or misleading (and nobody has proven otherwise - nobody has even made an intelligent counter point to anything I've said).  I've made up no history - bitcoin and litecoin have NEVER rolled-back the chain for an external reason like an exchange.

If the blockchain network can't survive this, then the coin doesn't deserve to survive.  A rollback like this is so counter to the very ideas of distributed trust, that it's almost offensive.

I stopped responding because it is the same thing over and over. Blah blah.. bs fud.

A coin with great devs, innovating, delivering and showing integrity and not being anon and closing shop should pay because a big exchange like mintpal failed.

Mintpal failed on the most basic of levels, you don't hold 8 million coins in a hot wallet.  So any pos coin should suffer if an outside entity is irresponsible at best and reward thieves?  Very interesting view

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:25:11 AM

And FFS... stop calling this a hardfork.  This is a blockchain rollback.  There is a huge difference.

Desperately trying to create new buzzwords? The blockchain gets altered as has happened many times with other coins.

But you are right, the special thing here is, that thieves will hold an empty bag.
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:26:53 AM

And FFS... stop calling this a hardfork.  This is a blockchain rollback.  There is a huge difference.
Desperately trying to create new buzzwords? The blockchain gets altered as has happened many times with other coins.

But you are right, the special thing here is, that thieves will hold an empty bag.
It's just annoying to see people use the completely wrong term to describe something.  Education is good, no?
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:27:32 AM

When you start reverting back to insulting other aspects of the coin it becomes clear to people that your previous posts and "recommendations" are all given with similar ill intent. You are a troll who is happy to see VRC hurting, congrats..
If you're so blind that you can't see that these 'features' are pure gimmicks, then I wish you all the luck holding your bag.

You are a crypto stalker lol.  Very interested in a coin that in your opinion has no value.  

Why so worried? Sold and want to buy back in cheap?  Sorry for your loss but it still does not change the facts.  VRC did what was needed to protect the community due to another entities negligence. PERIOD.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
GridWorker

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:27:54 AM

You seem very butthurt that folks are getting their money back.

Not quite sure how you think they are butthurt for getting their money back.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
Shill

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:28:13 AM

Actually it's you who seems most butthurt here. That no one is giving into your FUD.

This is a thread about vericoin. See the title? Don't like it? Fuck off. I'm sick off listening to you. Ignore.
GridWorker

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:30:34 AM

VERICOIN IS NOW CALLED           LOSERCOIN  .......LOSERS
I think you have to be 10 years or older to be on this forum. Cheesy

RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:31:21 AM

I'm sorry to the guys who lost coins, but you lost them because of Mintpal and they should reimburse you not the entire blockchain being forked. If Mintpal can't pay then the community shouldn't have trusted so many coins with one exchange. Isn't this a decentralized crypto coin? You can't become centralized when it's convenient to bail out an exchange because it's convenient.

Why not be Visa coin and allow chargebacks, and while you're at it have a Vericoin bank and offer Verinsurance

This coin is forever tainted, and this is a sad day for all alt coins. Mintpal is NOT too big to fail. Maybe we should fork the Bitcoin blockchain to bail out Mt. Gox and Mark Karplees  Undecided

+1, sad but true.
eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:33:33 AM

It's just annoying to see people use the completely wrong term to describe something.  Education is good, no?

Then go and learn and read my and other´s previous posts. I am tired to repeat myself over and over again.

And I am annoyed to see people using buzzwords to distract readers. Maybe you should better try this centralization thing again.
GridWorker

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:37:27 AM

Interesting to note that I was trading until the moment of the lockdown (which froze my last VRC transfer) yet it had no effect on the previous sales even minutes earlier. My sales were still valid and were transferred out of mintpal maybe an hour ago.

Shill

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:38:06 AM

VERICOIN IS NOW CALLED           LOSERCOIN  .......LOSERS
I think you have to be 10 years or older to be on this forum. Cheesy

lol. +1

I think even at 10 I would have been to embarrassed to make a joke like this.
phzi

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:38:48 AM

Then go and learn and read my and other´s previous posts. I am tired to repeat myself over and over again.

And I am annoyed to see people using buzzwords to distract readers. Maybe you should better try this centralization thing again.
What buzzwords?  It's a blockchain rollback.  It is not a hardfork...  I don't think anybody except you is trying to distract users.

A hardfork is when you create a branch of the network that is not compatible with the other branch - that's not happening here.  

VRC is proposing to roll back the blockchain and create a soft-fork starting at a previous block height.  The intent is then to essentially 51% attack the coin so that the rollback branch becomes a longer chain, therefore orphaning all the original blocks.

Having scrolled through your post history, I see nothing I can possibly learn from you.

Do this fork, and you have successfully 51% double spent your own network.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:38:51 AM

I'm sorry to the guys who lost coins, but you lost them because of Mintpal and they should reimburse you not the entire blockchain being forked. If Mintpal can't pay then the community shouldn't have trusted so many coins with one exchange. Isn't this a decentralized crypto coin? You can't become centralized when it's convenient to bail out an exchange because it's convenient.

Why not be Visa coin and allow chargebacks, and while you're at it have a Vericoin bank and offer Verinsurance

This coin is forever tainted, and this is a sad day for all alt coins. Mintpal is NOT too big to fail. Maybe we should fork the Bitcoin blockchain to bail out Mt. Gox and Mark Karplees  Undecided

+1, sad but true.

The point is theft could be prevented and was. If I told you there was a better way then letting someone steal confidence from the whole crypto system would you believe it?

It was done. The money will be returned and no thieves will be able to steal money from hundreds of individuals crypto accounts.

Its a matter of time before news picks up that a new crypto currency PREVENTED fraud and returned money to hundreds, if not thousands of investors with NO LOSS. and within 1 day? WHAT? I can't believe it! Oh, yeah I can, its Bitcoin? Wait, NOOOO its that new kid VERICOIN!!!

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:43:58 AM

As soon as this story has a outcome that we can report on. You better believe I am going to every financial channel, and blogger I can find OUTSIDE crypto and going to talk ears off till people put this on the front page, believe it.

I have lots of valuable VeriCoin domains and few coins now, I will fight for this community as it has way to many people from the top down to the people taking in faucets that deserve it. Most coins would have been abandoned and Fudded out. You can Fud us, but you won't break us.

I love everyone involved in VeriCoin, even more today. Think, what doesn't break a good community, it brings them together, Maybe I am alone, but honestly, I am 100% commited to vericoin now, I was maybe 98% before today. Not anymore. All in.

GridWorker

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

The intent is then to essentially 51% attack the coin so that the rollback branch becomes a longer chain, therefore orphaning all the original blocks.

A hardfork is when you create a branch of the network that is not compatible with the other branch - that's not happening here.  

So you are saying that they are NOT creating a branch of network that is incompatible with the other branch?

Dafuq?

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:45:24 AM

VeriCoin will hard fork to a checkpoint a few hours ago just before the attack on MintPal. MintPal has agreed to cover losses relating to the hack.

VeriCoin is fine, there are no vulnerabilities. We had to decide between hard forking prior to the attack or letting MintPal fall and the thief keeping the 8 million VRC that was stolen. We chose the option that we thought would be best for the coin.

We will be releasing a new wallet with a fix shortly.

If they are going to cover losses related to the hack why would Vericoin need to hard fork?

The hard fork you mentioned is a huge mistake. I, as a user, would never use Vericoin again because what is to stop the devs from doing this again in the future especially if someone sent coins from one party to another...that were supposedly irreversible? You have a big fucking problem on your hands.

I suggest you stay out of it and let everything play as it lay. Don't interject yourself into trying to fix a negligence on an exchange's part as now you would look scammy as well.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

phzi

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:46:09 AM

The intent is then to essentially 51% attack the coin so that the rollback branch becomes a longer chain, therefore orphaning all the original blocks.

So you are saying that they are NOT creating a branch of network that is incompatible with the other branch?

Dafuq?
Correct - they are NOT creating a branch that is incompatible.  It's fully compatible on a protocol level.  There is no hard-fork.  They are rolling back the blockchain.

VeriCoin will hard fork to a checkpoint a few hours ago just before the attack on MintPal. MintPal has agreed to cover losses relating to the hack.

VeriCoin is fine, there are no vulnerabilities. We had to decide between hard forking prior to the attack or letting MintPal fall and the thief keeping the 8 million VRC that was stolen. We chose the option that we thought would be best for the coin.

We will be releasing a new wallet with a fix shortly.

If they are going to cover losses related to the hack why would Vericoin need to hard fork?

The hard fork you mentioned is a huge mistake. I, as a user, would never use Vericoin again because what is to stop the devs from doing this again in the future especially if someone sent coins from one party to another...that were supposedly irreversible? You have a big fucking problem on your hands.

I suggest you stay out of it and let everything play as it lay. Don't interject yourself into trying to fix a negligence on an exchange's part as now you would look scammy as well.
EXACTLY.
defier

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:46:22 AM

In your logic there should be no hardfork ever, because it is always a bailout.

If bitcoin hardforks for whatever reason, they do it to protect their coin. It is a centralized decision and they are bailing out themselves. If they would not hardfork, the coin would die. You are advocating this, so please demand it from the BTC-DEVs and the foundation.
You have a horrid sense of logic or understanding of crypto if that was your conclusion.  Hardforks are perfectly valid, specifically when a coin is developing - for security reason, or feature development.  But they should be very very carefully considered.

The key is that this VRC move isn't a hardfork, it is a blockchain rollback for external purposes that are totally unrelated to coin development.

And the BTC fork for that 184 million exploited coins was for development?  Yes I know you previously try to explain how that wasn't the same.  Facts are, someone illicitly grabbed a bunch of coins, and the community reacted to negate it.  No two scenarios are the same and must be resolved differently.  

Mr. Strawman, I hope you're not one of the thieves.   Butthurt because the community isn't going to let you become a millionaire and destroy the coin at the same time?  There's very little doubt the thieves, are here watching.  And I imagine their posts sound exactly like yours.
Regardless we will see if the fork really spells doom for vrc or crypto like you say.  Then everyone can join together and sing, Bye Bye, Miss American Pie.

I do own a few hundred vrc.  But its meh to me if I lost it.  This is a warning call for POS and especially Mintpal security(lucky bastiges).  But I'm enjoying, to the point of being giddy, that the crime was thwarted.  If this fork didn't work, I'd prefer they drop and delist the coin everywhere.  Rather than give the scumbags 1 satoshi.

"Hope and Change"  The infomercial slogan, that fooled a nation...  Twice
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: