Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:49:05 AM

This has the potential to ruin the coin or result in it coming back stronger than ever. We still hold the remaining 70% so as long as vericoin holders continue to be so active, we're just fine here. Also keep in mind that exchanges will definitely update to the new wallet, and quite a bit was being held in exchanges, so it's not quite as difficult as it appears to reach 51%.

Of course the exchanges are going to update it is their ass on the line and the devs are literally giving them a hand out by supporting the hard fork idea.

whats your problem ?? you are here saying bullshit for more than 3 hours..
do you want to open ppl eye? hmm no.. you just want ppl to dump so you can buy it cheap

trust me... lol.. no one wants to buy.

I would. If this fork is successful and coins go back to their rightful owners.

You are just a bag holder trying to retain value in a coin that is obviously dead. The rightful owners of the coins are whoever used a security flaw to steal them, it's their reward.  

You sir are a FUD spewing idiot please do humanity a favor and remove yourself from the genepool and stop wasting our precious resources in the most expedient fashion, I'll even buy you the bullet to do it with.

"fud" is just a buzzword that people use as a way of discrediting others when no other means are available.

Wow theres really no reason to answer you anymore as you have proven beyond any doubt how fucking stupid you really are.

How bout this PM me your address and at some indeterminate point in the future I'll come hold you and your family hostage, steal everything you own, and maybe knock off your wife/gf/mom/daughter/husband/boyfriend/whatever. by your logic it isnt criminal I am exposing security flaws in your personal home defense systems. Therefore I am providing a service and bettering everything. What do ya say, sound good?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:49:29 AM

How many rolls back in the future is the question?

The clear answer: As many as situations grant. Any and all thefts will be reversed. How's that for assurance, transparency and honesty?

Ultimately VRC will be worth what its community determines and supports. What's with all these familiar names (all associated one way or5 another with BC and The Black Hand, by the way) that never ever posted here and now come to post shit against hard forking and leaving the thieves with nothing? People add two plu two, come on!

"VRC, the PayPal of cryptos".  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:50:53 AM

The clear answer: As many as situations grant. Any and all thefts will be reversed. How's that for assurance, transparency and honesty?

Ultimately VRC will be worth what its community determines and supports. What's with all these familiar names (all associated one way or5 another with BC and The Black Hand, by the way) that never ever posted here and now come to post shit against hard forking and leaving the thieves with nothing? People add two plu two, come on!

+10000

This rollback is the biggest joke in crypto since Doge! :p
Dadams

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:53:37 AM

Also love the fact that the FUD posters ignore the simple reason why it was not a choice but a necessity to fork to protect the community.

1 entity controlling 8 million coins that decided to stake them all would have had well over the 51% needed of the STAKING coins.

They will continue to ignore it.

Just so I understand correctly:
Are you saying that Mintpal (forgetting about the hack at the moment) already had the power to do a majority attack against the VRC network?
How is it different from the hacker owning the coin or Mintpal owning it?
Isn't the whole problem that it is just one entity owning the coin and able to attack the system?
If it isn't dangerous if Mintpal holds it, how is it suddenly dangerous now?

chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 04:54:38 AM

+10000

Welcome to the clueless club.  8 million coins staking would be well over the 51% of staking coins.  So doing nothing would be better?  It is what it is and many small individual coin holders will be saved instead of 1 hack thief making a lot of money.  Yeah I see your logic.

Again, the clueless club is rampant tonight led by smoothie.  Ask him for your membership card, you earned it.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
Shill

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:55:25 AM

Also love the fact that the FUD posters ignore the simple reason why it was not a choice but a necessity to fork to protect the community.

1 entity controlling 8 million coins that decided to stake them all would have had well over the 51% needed of the STAKING coins.

Are you saying that Mintpal (forgetting about the hack at the moment) already had the power to do a majority attack against the VRC network?
Isn't the whole problem that it is just one entity owning the coin and able to attack the system?

Are you really that dense? Um, mintpal didn't steal anyone's coins. They are holding them. The hackers stole the coins.

Quite different ways of obtaining them and one that's quite hostile don't you think?  Or I should ask do you think?
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:56:13 AM

BTC was forked 100 times
LTC  forked many times
DRK forked twice last month

.........................ETC ................

VRC FORKED NOW  . SO WHAT ?

BTC and LTC were never forked due to a hack or scam of a business.

Get your facts straight.

They have been forked because dev where drunk ? we don't care why they got forked . The thing is : we are waiting our coins to came back and trusting patrick more and more after this attack ! You didn't answer to my question , how much they pay you to spread fud and stay here for at least 3 hours ? or can i say KHOW MUCH (with an east european prostitute accent ) . Your life is ok ? lol . I hope = i will never have a life like yours = spreading FUD on a coin where people are suffering from major losses . So my second question was = what coin you want to promote with your FUD ? = what Boobs-coin you want us to invest in?

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:56:22 AM

The great thing about cryptocurrency is that it's impossible to short it.
You like it, you buy it.
You don't like it? Do you have some? No? Ops... sorry, gfy
This is a good logic flow for you fudders.. Guess what? you end up in the longest path, right into the gfy statement  Wink
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:56:31 AM

Rollback will be the death of the scammers dreams of making out with 2 million dollars, thats about it.

I love people getting mad that criminals will not be getting paid this evening!

to bad, so sad. Poor criminals.

And you want to know what makes it worse for the criminals, and they know this. Is this could backfire on those hoping for a drop, after a initial panic (or maybe not depending on outcome) I bet you see the price rise as MEDIA will take this over.

For everybody in crypto some like this some don't, lets say half like it, half don't. Well, with all this media, we may be getting after this. I bet you the half that don't like it will be drowned out with the new wave of investors, just a thought. Those BC scammers aren't happy about this.

Not mad at all. Please don't put words in my mouth since you want to put "everybody" into this category.

I just like calling out the BS that is going on.

Good luck with VRC as now it will be tarnished (in my view) on the trust aspect. VRC devs made a huge mistake here. This is called damage control but it will not change the inevitable.

Time will tell.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Autodidact

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:57:02 AM

So many people here with such strong opinions.  This is the nature of humanity, not everyone will agree.  VRC will continue on, and so will cryptocurrncies in general, like it or not Smiley
Dadams

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:57:11 AM

Are you really that dense? Um, mintpal didn't steal anyone's coins. They are holding them. The hackers stole the coins.

Quite different ways of obtaining them and one that's quite hostile don't you think?

No no, you misunderstand.
People are saying a rollback is needed to save the coin because 8mil is too much for one person to hold (regardless of how they got it.)
Yet we are rolling back to a time when one person is holding this coin (Mintpal).
How is this different?
Is it because we are trusting Mintpal won't attack the network?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:57:52 AM

+10000

Just wanted to post it once more as it has a nice ring to it:

"VERICOIN, the PayPal of cryptos".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 04:57:56 AM

Mintpal I doubt would jeopardize their arguably decent business for vrc a coin you are trying to say is worthless.

I am 100% sure mintpal will not allow this to happen again.  Also the community will not let it happen.  No way will they trust a 3rd party entity that keeps 8 million in a hot wallet.

I can't imagine how much vrc will be moved off mp as this settles out.  Many will also realize that a coin that transacts as fast as vrc does is fine sitting in their wallets staking.  This will further strengthen the system after this educational experience.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:58:01 AM

+10000

Welcome to the clueless club.  8 million coins staking would be well over the 51% of staking coins.  So doing nothing would be better?  It is what it is and many small individual coin holders will be saved instead of 1 hack thief making a lot of money.  Yeah I see your logic.

Again, the clueless club is rampant tonight led by smoothie.  Ask him for your membership card, you earned it.

I don't give two shits as to what the reason behind the rollback is. The rollback is enough for me to start going off. I feel bad for the investors but they chose to invest in a coin which was attacked and will now die a horrible death.
Dadams

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:58:52 AM

Mintpal I doubt would jeopardize their arguably decent business for vrc a coin you are trying to say is worthless.

I am 100% sure mintpal will not allow this to happen again.  Also the community will not let it happen.  No way will they trust a 3rd party entity that keeps 8 million in a hot wallet.

Um.. what do you mean? Mintpal is a 3d party that kept 8mil in one hotwallet.
Hence our problem here.

Edit for clarity:
If 8mil belonging to one person is too dangerous, then Mintpal with or without the hack is dangerous.
A kindof ghash.io situation isn't it?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:59:49 AM

+10000

I don't give two shits as to what the reason behind the rollback is. The rollback is enough for me to start going off. I feel bad for the investors but they chose to invest in a coin which was attacked and will now die a horrible death.

I guess I am clueless to call it as I see it.

Yup been here for over 3 years....look at my track record.

Vericoin will die a slow death. This is only damage control from the devs.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:02:23 AM

About 5 crypto stalkers posting 20 times a minute that think vrc is worthless.  Funny how a worthless coin attracts so much attention from people who want to buy it, no matter how much they deny.

You can't blame them either vrc devs have shown they can deliver.  They have further proven they are here to stay even when a 3rd party f's up in the most negligent of ways.

testcoin

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:02:47 AM

2. Fork the blockchain to block the stolen coins and effectively destroy them.
Vericoin will survive. Hacker has no coins. No threat to system. Coin amount reduced, value goes up.
Mintpal customers lose, this is Mintpal and the hackers fault. Mintpal needs to reimburse.
Mintpal could die.

Sorry, but I believe this option 2 doesn't exist at all.

How can you possibly admit that certain coins are invalid because they were stolen and not return them to their owners? It makes no sense whatsoever. You either ignore the crime or give them back to their owners.

It would be similar to Mintpal losing the keys to their wallet.
They made a mistake. Responsibility belongs to them,
if they admit the hack and there is fear that coins end up with an immoral entity that could harm the infrastructure, this would be a way to protect the infrastructure.

Intuitively it might feel wrong but think about it a bit more.
This option exists because it is a compromise.
In the compromise, people will not be able to call it a chargeback or a bailout hence the reputation of VRC will be spared.
VRC devs feel they have to act out of 51% attack fear. This will negate it.
The community will support this decision if it is either this or option 1, denying hacker the coin or letting the hacker have the coin.
The only people who will feel very strongly against this decision are not VRC holders in general, just those who left a lot of their money on an exchange. This will also be a lesson for them then.

Actually in my perfect world, all 3 options would be created by devs and then community can decide which blockchain to support and build on.

you can only "destroy" the coins by hard coding and blocking the address that holds them..

given that vericoin has its own inbuilt mixing service. I am not sure that all the coins would be stored in the one location for long or are even traceable.

if the coins get mixed and split up into numerous addresses then there is virtually no hope of "destroying" them.
what you would have to do is shut down the entire network and then block each address that has the coins.. you cannot do this while the network is running because the thief can simply keep moving the coins to different addresses

for all intents and purposes the devs probably went with option 3 .. roll back (effectively destroying every transaction that has happened since the hack) because option 2 was simply not practical.

Thank you very much for responding to my mental exercise of option 2.
If it is truly impractical or impossible and it was between option 1 and 3, if I was dev I would probably go with 3 as well.
Option 1, although more honest and safe for the ideology of cryptos would be too risky for devs.

It is clear that VRC devs didn't have better soluton other than rolling back the blockchain

Think about it, if someone robbed a bank in our real world, no one would even consider the Option 1 unless the Option 3 was not possible

It's funny that people can live with the Option 3 in real world, but cannot accept it happen in crypto world

This is another double standard that people should think more about it
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:02:53 AM

Glad to see smoothie stepping it up with the anti-FUDing while I was out enjoying some food, lol.

Much respect.

It's funny that people can live with the Option 3 in real world, but cannot accept it happen in crypto world

This is another double standard that people should think more about it
Fiat money and blockchain ledgers are two vastly different things.  Trying to make this function like reversible fiat money is exactly where the devs went wrong.
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:03:47 AM

Um.. what do you mean? Mintpal is a 3d party that kept 8mil in one hotwallet.
Hence our problem here.

Edit for clarity:
If 8mil belonging to one person is too dangerous, then Mintpal with or without the hack is dangerous.
A kindof ghash.io situation isn't it?

This is a very good point indeed and the risk will only disappear if and when more people will stake the coins in their own wallet. This is exactly what we heard from devs tonight.
Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: