Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:55:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:18:08 AM

"This was not done out of a desire to save MintPal, but rather a desire to save your coins."

That line is what gets me from MP, fucking bullshit and they are lucky the devs are risking their shit over this.  MP can suck a dick at this point honestly, they blab on about something something withdraw was able to happen but they did not touch our servers, guess what idiots, there was no need to touch your servers.

MP's ass was saved and VRC will suffer for it, sucks because I hold this coin but it is just the way it is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:18:15 AM

Bobsurplus, ok you certainly are entitled to your opinion. I invested in CLOAK and VRC because I like both coins. But I dont go around to other threads which I dont want to invest in. You spread more fud against coins you dont invest in than actually supporting coins you do invest in, I guess this is your way of supporting Cloak..just bash the competition. You do this on the Crypt thread too. Its classless and it actually makes Cloak look bad for having idiots like you around.

phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:18:32 AM

Another one bites the dust and presses the pussy ignore button.  Cheesy

name calling...real mature.  Cheesy
The ignore button IS a pussy way out - ignoring someone like Smoothie shows that you can't even defend your point well enough.  

"pussy ignore button" isn't name calling, unless you think an href link is somehow animate.
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:20:07 AM

The ignore button IS a pussy way out - ignoring someone like Smoothie shows that you can't even defend your point well enough.  

"pussy ignore button" isn't name calling, unless you think an href link is somehow animate.

You were bad-mouthing the ignore button and I just couldn't stand for it.

Since you want to get into technicality, that's what you were doing.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:20:25 AM

Bobsurplus, ok you certainly are entitled to your opinion. I invested in CLOAK and VRC because I like both coins. But I dont go around to other threads which I dont want to invest in. You spread more fud than actually supporting your coins, I guess this is your way of supporting Cloak..just bash the competition. You do this on the Crypt thread too. Its classless and it actually makes Cloak look bad for having idiots like you around.

Have you made money on cloak? If so I think you owe me a big "Thankyou"!

I'm here to help the community as a whole, if that means I need to call out certain coins then so-be-it!

Now where's my "thankyou"?
Celani10

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:20:32 AM

Dont mind me, I FUD other coins that might threaten my (Cloak) investments

@smoothie...if you dont want to touch VRC, then why have you wasted your entire day typing shit storm after shit storm. wouldnt be a wiser decision to gtfo and find a coin you would like to touch, so you can make some money?

"Entire day" =/= 2 to 3 hours

my day wasnt a waste to me. Full of entertainment I'd say.

2 to 3 hours... And why the fuck would you stay here 2-3 hours?

People need to be really dumb not to see you want to make money

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:21:38 AM

Sorry guys! Its over
this coin can at Most be useful as toiletpaper Tongue

Rollback lol waht a joke  Grin
SW84

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:22:53 AM

Hi Everybody new wallet is up!

Thanks for hanging in there with us through this, quite a day.  We successfully thwarted the theft of coins and prevented an attack on the blockchain.  Go here to download the new wallet: www.vericoin.info

Backup your wallet.dat first before proceeding, it's location is listed below for your system.

Windows:
We recommend deleting everything but wallet.dat in your username\appdata\roaming\VeriCoin folder and running the default installer settings.  This will load up the full block and you will be on the splash screen for 10-15 minutes while it loads at the blockchain data.

Mac:
We recommend deleting everything but wallet.dat from user/library/applicationsupport/vericoin and putting these two files in this directory as well: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vericoin.conf http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat
You will sit at the splash screen for 10-15 minutes while the whole blockchain loads up.

Thanks for your hard work. When I go to compile the Linux wallet, it gives me an error about being unable to find the QtWebKit. Even after I install libwebkit-dev it still doesn't work. This is the same machine as the previous Linux wallet, so I know all of the dependencies are there. Any ideas?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:23:58 AM

3. VRC devs can deliver a roll back that helps mintpal and all users on that exchange but ignores any miners who are mining VRC and have not updated to the new client. And anyone who has received VRC in that time frame of the rollback.
It seems increasingly likely that there possibly never was even an attack on mintpal.  Seems more likely to me that MintPal somehow lost the coins or private keys, and the VRC devs are helping them recover their lost coins.

These question need to be answered before anyone should ever considering trusting the VRC devs:

The next time this happens - there is a large theft of VRC - what will happen?
How big of a theft must occur to warrant a blockchain rollback?

Looks like the scammers are mad that crypto is being cleaned up from thievery. Just a thought. Hard to make money if you know the technology not only can, BUT WILL be used to stop theft. To good. And some people think this is bad. Go invest in bitcoin if you think its bad, If you think its good, Well you got VeriCoin, I got a feeling more than 6 million dollars approves the vericoin devs. You all just making VeriCoin more popular, almost 50 pages today. That should make people take not at this rate.

"CLEANED UP". Does this mean putting a bandaid on the wound will fix the other unspoken implications of this action as well as this?

Prove to us with evidence that MintPal was in fact hacked and not just negligent with their handling of private keys. Thanks

No you misunderstand that my point here is to let everyone know how the actions of the VRC dev are going to be negative on the overall VRC economy when it comes to trust.

Sure let's keep this thread up at the top so new comers can read the broken nature of VRC through the actions of its developers rolling back the block chain due to ONE business' failure to run their exchange properly.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:25:07 AM

@smoothie...if you dont want to touch VRC, then why have you wasted your entire day typing shit storm after shit storm. wouldnt be a wiser decision to gtfo and find a coin you would like to touch, so you can make some money?
Honestly, I'd say Smoothie is doing a public service.

I agree!

At least someone looks at it that way.  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Celani10

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:25:20 AM

3. VRC devs can deliver a roll back that helps mintpal and all users on that exchange but ignores any miners who are mining VRC and have not updated to the new client. And anyone who has received VRC in that time frame of the rollback.
It seems increasingly likely that there possibly never was even an attack on mintpal.  Seems more likely to me that MintPal somehow lost the coins or private keys, and the VRC devs are helping them recover their lost coins.

These question need to be answered before anyone should ever considering trusting the VRC devs:

The next time this happens - there is a large theft of VRC - what will happen?
How big of a theft must occur to warrant a blockchain rollback?

Looks like the scammers are mad that crypto is being cleaned up from thievery. Just a thought. Hard to make money if you know the technology not only can, BUT WILL be used to stop theft. To good. And some people think this is bad. Go invest in bitcoin if you think its bad, If you think its good, Well you got VeriCoin, I got a feeling more than 6 million dollars approves the vericoin devs. You all just making VeriCoin more popular, almost 50 pages today. That should make people take not at this rate.

"CLEANED UP". Does this mean putting a bandaid on the wound will fix the other unspoken implications of this action as well as this?

Prove to us with evidence that MintPal was in fact hacked and not just negligent with their handling of private keys. Thanks

No you misunderstand that my point here is to let everyone know how the actions of the VRC dev are going to be negative on the overall VRC economy when it comes to trust.

Sure let's keep this thread up at the top so new comers can read the broken nature of VRC through the actions of its developers rolling back the block chain due to ONE business' failure to run their exchange properly.

Want to know why he is here since 3 hours ? look at his signature , he just want to scam people with his useless LELEANA coins , check his precedent posts , on SCAMMING ACCUSATIONS = he is a scammer and a troll, he scammed people with these leleana shitcoin don't feed the scammer neither the troll , go to promote your scam coins elswhere please
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:26:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNYzj6tw7XA

ROLLBACK!!
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:28:34 AM

Bobsurplus, ok you certainly are entitled to your opinion. I invested in CLOAK and VRC because I like both coins. But I dont go around to other threads which I dont want to invest in. You spread more fud than actually supporting your coins, I guess this is your way of supporting Cloak..just bash the competition. You do this on the Crypt thread too. Its classless and it actually makes Cloak look bad for having idiots like you around.

Have you made money on cloak? If so I think you owe me a big "Thankyou"!

I'm here to help the community as a whole, if that means I need to call out certain coins then so-be-it!

Now where's my "thankyou"?

You are not growing crypto, you noticed its not growing as fast as it should? Maybe the tech purists need to realize that more can be achieved if they get outside of the current paranoid way of thinking. Is much bigger applications for the blockchain.

VeriCoin is breaking the mold, and its what will bring in normal investors who are paralyzed by fear of the next GOX, you know why? because the attitude of purists is to let people suffer instead of using the technology to gain more people to crypto, Some people are really blind, this could be a good thing, yet people try to rally around basless acusations, rather than rallying around the facts that this changed crypto, and in a good way.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:29:47 AM

You were bad-mouthing the ignore button and I just couldn't stand for it.

Since you want to get into technicality, that's what you were doing.

We have some really thin-skinned people on this forum. Sorry for being too rough for some of you.

But seriously, get over it.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:30:04 AM

Wow, just had to read through like 15 pages just to catch up due to all this crap from you Smoothie.  Too bad there are people here that don't give a shit about what you have to say and can easily hit the ignore button like I will in a minute.  I support what has been done and support the Devs and this whole community.  I'm sorry that you feel the way you do but I suppose that's life.  We definitely need to get off this crappy Bitcointalk since it only allows worthless pieces of shit to troll here and try to bring a good thing down which unfortunately is not going to happen.  So FUD away, i just won't see it here shortly.  Have a nice one and better luck next time.   Grin

Oh and I just installed the new wallet successfully.  Thanks guys

Guess only problem is, how will I ever entertain myself again.  Not sure what I'm going to do if I can't read anymore from Smoothie or now Bobsurplus or Bobsucksdick or whatever your name is. 
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:30:06 AM

Hi Everybody new wallet is up!

Thanks for hanging in there with us through this, quite a day.  We successfully thwarted the theft of coins and prevented an attack on the blockchain.  Go here to download the new wallet: www.vericoin.info

Backup your wallet.dat first before proceeding, it's location is listed below for your system.

Windows:
We recommend deleting everything but wallet.dat in your username\appdata\roaming\VeriCoin folder and running the default installer settings.  This will load up the full block and you will be on the splash screen for 10-15 minutes while it loads at the blockchain data.

Mac:
We recommend deleting everything but wallet.dat from user/library/applicationsupport/vericoin and putting these two files in this directory as well: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vericoin.conf http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat
You will sit at the splash screen for 10-15 minutes while the whole blockchain loads up.

good work, thanks for reacting fast! Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:31:14 AM

ROLLBACK SCAM

This COIN is a MASSIVE FAILURE  

ROLLBACK SCAM

Just wanted to make sure this is on every page or so from now on!
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:31:19 AM

Whether people like it or not tomorrow I start the media push to get this into financial media outlets asap.

This is to big of a story to let go unheard. This will change the way people think of crypto, and in a good way. It cannot hurt. Bitcoin is still shunned by the world due to situations like gox. This is the exact opposite, As gox shook investor confidence, this will GROW IT!

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:31:22 AM

I just looked through the FUD spammer profiles.
95% of them are owners of "competing" anon coins.

Have a look for yourself. Click their profiles and go through their last posts. They are all here now - DRK - XC - XMR and CLOAK. And more!

It's not about ideals. It's about money as usual.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:31:53 AM

Dont mind me, I FUD other coins that might threaten my (Cloak) investments

my day wasnt a waste to me. Full of entertainment I'd say.

2 to 3 hours... And why the fuck would you stay here 2-3 hours?

People need to be really dumb not to see you want to make money

Just look at what I sell. I already make enough. If you look at my track record on what deals I've done on this forum. I don't need to make more money. Shows what you don't know junior member.

My intentions here is to make it very clear that the decision to roll back the VRC block chain was a huge mistake and all of the implications that go along with such a rushed decision.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: