Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
InvestorPerson

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:32:28 AM

3. VRC devs can deliver a roll back that helps mintpal and all users on that exchange but ignores any miners who are mining VRC and have not updated to the new client. And anyone who has received VRC in that time frame of the rollback.
It seems increasingly likely that there possibly never was even an attack on mintpal.  Seems more likely to me that MintPal somehow lost the coins or private keys, and the VRC devs are helping them recover their lost coins.

These question need to be answered before anyone should ever considering trusting the VRC devs:

The next time this happens - there is a large theft of VRC - what will happen?
How big of a theft must occur to warrant a blockchain rollback?

it has been stated that NEVER EVER again there'd be a rollback

so this fits to your theory

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defier

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:33:06 AM

Everyone is arguing in circles here.  The thieves and fudsters want their posts quoted and repeated.  So no point in responding to anyone, its all been said, repeatedly.

Regardless whether the actions today destroy the coin or not.  It needed to happen.  Doing nothing would've destroyed it, anyway.  Taking several millions of dollars off the markets.  Probably taking down MintPal.  And certainly leaving another public mtgox stain on the whole crypto community.  

Ultimately, if the fork burns VRC to the ground, that is much preferred to giving the criminals 1 satoshi.  Nobody wins the nuclear option, so "the only smart move is not to play".

Cockblocking the thieves, was the best move in a no win situation.

Good Call Devs

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:33:38 AM

3. VRC devs can deliver a roll back that helps mintpal and all users on that exchange but ignores any miners who are mining VRC and have not updated to the new client. And anyone who has received VRC in that time frame of the rollback.
It seems increasingly likely that there possibly never was even an attack on mintpal.  Seems more likely to me that MintPal somehow lost the coins or private keys, and the VRC devs are helping them recover their lost coins.

These question need to be answered before anyone should ever considering trusting the VRC devs:

it has been stated that NEVER EVER again there'd be a rollback

so this fits to your theory

Actions speak louder than anything they could ever say.

Their statement means nothing. Just words.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:33:45 AM

Bobsurplus , please go to play with your 5 dollars game code and let BIG investors playing with vrc : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358798.msg3837876#msg3837876  (are you still selling for 5 dollars) . VRC GAME IS TOO BIG FOR YOU = GO TO BED please

lol

LMAO, yeah I bought some GPU's (15) and they came with these game codes. I dont play games so I figured I'd sell them.

What's the deal?
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:36:09 AM

Dont mind me, I FUD other coins that might threaten my (Cloak) investments

@smoothie...if you dont want to touch VRC, then why have you wasted your entire day typing shit storm after shit storm. wouldnt be a wiser decision to gtfo and find a coin you would like to touch, so you can make some money?

"Entire day" =/= 2 to 3 hours

my day wasnt a waste to me. Full of entertainment I'd say.

2 to 3 hours... And why the fuck would you stay here 2-3 hours?

People need to be really dumb not to see you want to make money

Just look at what I sell. I already make enough. If you look at my track record on what deals I've done on this forum. I don't need to make more money. Shows what you don't know junior member.

My intentions here is to make it very clear that the decision to roll back the VRC block chain was a huge mistake and all of the implications that go along with such a rushed decision.

Ouch, VRC success will kill you... Oh, that's such a sweet thinking.. Looking forward!!!
SeDz

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:36:17 AM

Dont mind me, I FUD other coins that might threaten my (Cloak) investments

@smoothie...if you dont want to touch VRC, then why have you wasted your entire day typing shit storm after shit storm. wouldnt be a wiser decision to gtfo and find a coin you would like to touch, so you can make some money?

"Entire day" =/= 2 to 3 hours

my day wasnt a waste to me. Full of entertainment I'd say.

2 to 3 hours... And why the fuck would you stay here 2-3 hours?

People need to be really dumb not to see you want to make money

Just look at what I sell. I already make enough. If you look at my track record on what deals I've done on this forum. I don't need to make more money. Shows what you don't know junior member.

My intentions here is to make it very clear that the decision to roll back the VRC block chain was a huge mistake and all of the implications that go along with such a rushed decision.

so why dont you open a thread and explain your thoughs?
stop spaming here please

xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:36:29 AM

Everyone is arguing in circles here.  The thieves and fudsters want their posts quoted and repeated.  So no point in responding to anyone, its all been said, repeatedly.

Regardless whether the actions today destroy the coin or not.  It needed to happen.  Doing nothing would've destroyed it, anyway.  Taking several millions of dollars off the markets.  Probably taking down MintPal.  And certainly leaving another public mtgox stain on the whole crypto community.  

Ultimately, if the fork burns VRC to the ground, that is much preferred to giving the criminals 1 satoshi.  Nobody wins the nuclear option, so "the only smart move is not to play".

Good Call Devs

I do love how Mintpal says it does not benefit them whatsoever, that is laughable.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:37:03 AM

ROLLBACK SCAM

This COIN is a MASSIVE FAILURE  

ROLLBACK SCAM

Just wanted to make sure this is on every page or so from now on!

Suggestion: Use bigger fonts and brighter colors.  Cheesy

Perhaps use the "Vericoin, the PayPal of cryptos" as well.

Vericoin, the PayPal of cryptos

Thank's for pointing that out. Does it look better now?
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:37:13 AM

The hardfork is done and the wallets are available for download.

Here's the step-by-step on how to do the update.

1. Do the backup of the wallet.dat and vericoin.conf (if you have this file)
2. Delete all files in folder leaving only the two files mention above.
3. Download the bootstrap file from: http://vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat and put it together in the folder with the other 2 files.
4. Download the wallet from http://vericoin.info
5. Install the wallet
6. Run the wallet and wait for synchronization

-- If you don't have the vericoin.conf file you can make one using this:
irc=0
server=0
listen=1
checklevel=2
txindex=1
staking=1
connect=supernode.vericoin.info
connect=supernode2.vericoin.info
connect=supernode3.vericoin.info
connect=supernode4.vericoin.info
connect=supernode5.vericoin.info
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:37:27 AM

All these people think it is somehow amusing and entertaining that other people lost money. I'm an atheist but sometimes I wish there was a place...
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:38:02 AM

Good Call Devs

exactly

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
Dadams

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:38:10 AM

Bobsurplus, ok you certainly are entitled to your opinion. I invested in CLOAK and VRC because I like both coins. But I dont go around to other threads which I dont want to invest in. You spread more fud than actually supporting your coins, I guess this is your way of supporting Cloak..just bash the competition. You do this on the Crypt thread too. Its classless and it actually makes Cloak look bad for having idiots like you around.

Have you made money on cloak? If so I think you owe me a big "Thankyou"!

I'm here to help the community as a whole, if that means I need to call out certain coins then so-be-it!

Now where's my "thankyou"?

You are not growing crypto, you noticed its not growing as fast as it should? Maybe the tech purists need to realize that more can be achieved if they get outside of the current paranoid way of thinking. Is much bigger applications for the blockchain.

VeriCoin is breaking the mold, and its what will bring in normal investors who are paralyzed by fear of the next GOX, you know why? because the attitude of purists is to let people suffer instead of using the technology to gain more people to crypto, Some people are really blind, this could be a good thing, yet people try to rally around basless acusations, rather than rallying around the facts that this changed crypto, and in a good way.

The purists are worried for valid reasons buy4crypto.
I know you are worried about your money, but they are as well.
They are worried about it on longer term, you are focussed short term.
If you can understand the concern then it will lead to less argument and more constructive discussion.

I think the rollback was a bad thing but I would probably do the same in dev position.
It is a shitty place to be in between rocks and hard places.

What might sounds like cruelty to you might be logical to others.
Here is an analogy: you make a baby. You find out the baby is deformed and will never be able to live by itself.
For the aims of the exercise you can only have one baby. What do you do? Keep this one or try for another one that can survive by itself?
There is no right answer.
It might feel right to save it but who are you doing the favor for?

The problem is the system is broken.
We are seeing it again and again. Mtgox, mintpal, different names, same game.
What we need is a different way to do all of this.
This is why peer to peer exchanges are needed.
If peer to peer exchanges are impossible then what we need is a level of education among that masses that stops people leaving money on exchanges.
If daytraders realize they can lose all of their money then maybe we will have less daytraders, this won't be a bad thing in my opinion.
Maybe by letting enough people get hurt, it will lead people to learn the lesson from the pain.
Don't leave money on exchanges.

It is a bit like helping a gambling addict. You don't cure him by giving him more money to play with.
nicklucky123

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:39:14 AM

Great  devs!   Smiley
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:39:28 AM

The hardfork is done and the wallets are available for download.

Here's the step-by-step on how to do the update.

1. Forget the update because if we decide to make more coins or roll back further you'll just have to go through this again!

Thanks for the update!
Sovanik

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:39:33 AM

I just looked through the FUD spammer profiles.
95% of them are owners of "competing" anon coins.

Have a look for yourself. Click their profiles and go through their last posts. They are all here now - DRK - XC - XMR and CLOAK. And more!

It's not about ideals. It's about money as usual.

This was pretty obvious from the get go. They're here to just troll the coin.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:39:48 AM

Can those not working on a solution please move to a different thread so we can regroup as a community on our own please. Its an important time for us to focus. Thanks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
jobnotfound

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:40:20 AM

All these people think it is somehow amusing and entertaining that other people lost money. I'm an atheist but sometimes I wish there was a place...

Well said. Kudos to you!

All is well and good in the land of vericoin fans..

This was one hell of a day, but I'm going to rest easy tonight thanks to our amazing dev team
New linux wallet up, and syncing nicely.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:40:29 AM

Looks like the scammers are mad that crypto is being cleaned up from thievery. Just a thought. Hard to make money if you know the technology not only can, BUT WILL be used to stop theft. To good. And some people think this is bad. Go invest in bitcoin if you think its bad, If you think its good, Well you got VeriCoin, I got a feeling more than 6 million dollars approves the vericoin devs. You all just making VeriCoin more popular, almost 50 pages today. That should make people take not at this rate.

"CLEANED UP". Does this mean putting a bandaid on the wound will fix the other unspoken implications of this action as well as this?

Prove to us with evidence that MintPal was in fact hacked and not just negligent with their handling of private keys. Thanks

No you misunderstand that my point here is to let everyone know how the actions of the VRC dev are going to be negative on the overall VRC economy when it comes to trust.

Sure let's keep this thread up at the top so new comers can read the broken nature of VRC through the actions of its developers rolling back the block chain due to ONE business' failure to run their exchange properly.

Want to know why he is here since 3 hours ? look at his signature , he just want to scam people with his useless LELEANA coins , check his precedent posts , on SCAMMING ACCUSATIONS = he is a scammer and a troll, he scammed people with these leleana shitcoin don't feed the scammer neither the troll , go to promote your scam coins elswhere please

My coins if you do not want to purchase them. Then do not. I do not expect people to buy them.

Please post links to your claims and proof that I am scamming.

If you can't backup your diversion from the issue at hand (the VRC devs and their roll back) then please stfu. Thanks! Grin Grin Grin

nice try to divert attention to my coins and supposed "scamming" I did with no proof at all. LOL...epic fail by another noobie.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:41:51 AM

Can those not working on a solution please move to a different thread so we can regroup as a community on our own please. Its an important time for us to focus. Thanks

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:42:37 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: