Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:48:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:55:56 PM

Please help!! My wallet is not syncing or connecting to the network

windows?

Try installing the wallet again using the installer but choose a different folder name to where your vericoin.exe file is now, make sure you back up you wallet.dat though. After doing this, it worked for me and I am wondering that even though the installer is the new version, it is for some reason, not overwriting the vericoin.qt.exe file with the new version, so if you install it in the same folder then the exe file just remains the same, where as if you install it in a new folder, then it is actually putting the correct exe file there. Give it a try, just make sure you back up the wallet.dat file.

Sorry Mac

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:57:04 PM

Please help!! My wallet is not syncing or connecting to the network

windows?

Try installing the wallet again using the installer but choose a different folder name to where your vericoin.exe file is now, make sure you back up you wallet.dat though. After doing this, it worked for me and I am wondering that even though the installer is the new version, it is for some reason, not overwriting the vericoin.qt.exe file with the new version, so if you install it in the same folder then the exe file just remains the same, where as if you install it in a new folder, then it is actually putting the correct exe file there. Give it a try, just make sure you back up the wallet.dat file.

Bingo, I think you got it. Will try that

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:58:18 PM

Wrong, the whole cryptocommunity got burned on this one. How are people supposed to take Crypto seriously from now on. You guys just rolled back the clock and BAILED out the BIG BANK. Just like the FED would do!

This coin does have some buy support but I believe its just major holders giving a last ditch effort to get out at a respectful price. We'll see how the next week or 2 goes but I predict this coin will be:

DEAD in less then 4 weeks due to the MASSIVE INCOMPETENCE from the DEV team!

Apparently you don't understand that the root cause of this was Mintpal's poor security. At this point there is _nothing_ to suggest any shortcoming on the part of Vericoin or its team. That needs to be clearly understood by everyone. If you think otherwise you need to coherently explain yourself.

Vericoin helped pull the rug out from under the thieves' feet. And Mintpal is working to recompense everyone, not just at their exchange but at other exchanges handling Vericoin, so hopefully no one except the hacker loses in the end. Are you the thief? Seems like that is the only person who ought to be complaining and yelling about now.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:58:28 PM

have the questions been answered

a) will this happen again next time a theft occures?
b) what is the threshold-amount?
c) also for private wallets or exchange-wallets only?

furthermore:

did Mintpal ever provide any proof?
If yes: what proof?
If no: wtf?

you just took their word for it and forked the chain. Without any proof. Really? Did you just do that?

Well I'm surprised some of those questions haven't already been answered mainly the one about did mintpal ever provide any proof?  I didn't have any VRC but I was looking into it for a while so I'm very interested to see what outcome this rollback/hack will have on the coin and other things.  Sorry for those that got burned.

Nobody got burned besides the hacker as of right now.

We need to let the cards fall where they may. Out of chaos, comes clarity.

Wrong, the whole cryptocommunity got burned on this one. How are people supposed to take Crypto seriously from now on. You guys just rolled back the clock and BAILED out the BIG BANK. Just like the FED would do!

This coin does have some buy support but I believe its just major holders giving a last ditch effort to get out at a respectful price. We'll see how the next week or 2 goes but I predict this coin will be:

Relax boy. VeriCoin will be 70K by end of the week.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:59:13 PM

Calling VRC for what it is....is not FUD. It is pointing out the truth.

View it how you want. VRC is tarnished.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:59:34 PM

We must learn from this. Put your coins in your wallet, and only send coins to exchange when you really wanna trade some. Keep it staking, be safe

_@/'
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

Stop quoting the dumb fud please, youre adding to it

altcoinherald

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 11:00:37 PM

Here's the guy who lost the $4k in order to save the rest. https://twitter.com/fullhdpixel/status/488810060609748993

He needs compensation.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:05:51 PM

Apparently you don't understand that the root cause of this was Mintpal's poor security. At this point there is _nothing_ to suggest any shortcoming on the part of Vericoin or its team. That needs to be clearly understood by everyone. If you think otherwise you need to coherently explain yourself.

Vericoin helped pull the rug out from under the thieves' feet. And Mintpal is working to recompense everyone, not just at their exchange but at other exchanges handling Vericoin, so hopefully no one except the hacker loses in the end. Are you the thief? Seems like that is the only person who ought to be complaining and yelling about now.

I understand that mintpal is at fault but ....the issue is your VRC devs should not have stepped in and played Ben Bernanke (Federal Reserve) by bailing out VRC investors who had coins stolen from. It was not their place and their responsibility to fix the fuck up of a business using VRC.

What happens the next time VRC is stolen? Another roll back?

May as well use the traditional banking system or pay pal.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:07:35 PM

if there only was proof provided but they forked the chain just because mintpal told them to do so.

i'll be coming back to this thread tomorrow and see if i have gotten answers to my very valid questions or just accusations.

d) did mintpal provide any proof? If yes, what proof?

i demand answers for this in the interest of the investors aswell.
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:07:59 PM

They're the Paypal of the alts. Every one of its services are centralized and require you to trust the developers to use. They even are talking about rolling out a wallet that allows you to load it directly with fiat. Sounds just like Paypal if you ask me.

I understand that mintpal is at fault but ....the issue is your VRC devs should not have stepped in and played Ben Bernanke (Federal Reserve) by bailing out VRC investors who had coins stolen from. It was not their place and their responsibility to fix the fuck up of a business using VRC.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:09:49 PM

have the questions been answered

furthermore:

did Mintpal ever provide any proof?
If yes: what proof?
If no: wtf?

you just took their word for it and forked the chain. Without any proof. Really? Did you just do that?

Well I'm surprised some of those questions haven't already been answered mainly the one about did mintpal ever provide any proof?  I didn't have any VRC but I was looking into it for a while so I'm very interested to see what outcome this rollback/hack will have on the coin and other things.  Sorry for those that got burned.

Nobody got burned besides the hacker as of right now.

We need to let the cards fall where they may. Out of chaos, comes clarity.

If that truly was the case the devs would not have supported a rollback. I agree the cards need to fall and whatever comes of it comes of it.

But this is not the case...the devs stepped in in the exact same way a Central planner from a central bank would. your developers are not only developers they are the Ben Bernanke of VRC. lol

It isn't the dev's problem that mintpal is incompetent in their security practices.

So right! These sheep as I call em are solely focused on their own money and are failing to realize what's going on. Its obvious nobody is buying vrc on the exchanges. Zero new investors are flocking in. The press are barley covering this story but I have reached out to coindesk to see if they will write something about the deplorable actions these devs AKA Ben Bernanke's of vericoin have taken.

This coin is a joke, it's not a cryptocoin. Its the devs personal federal reserve!

Just a quick question for all the sheep out here. Do you guys really believe that any major real world vendor/payment processor will accept vrc if they know the devs can rollback at anytime! NEVER! This coin is a JOKE and dying as we speak!

Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:12:48 PM

So right! These sheep as I call em are solely focused on their own money and are failing to realize what's going on. Its obvious nobody is buying vrc on the exchanges. Zero new investors are flocking in. The press are barley covering this story but I have reached out to coindesk to see if they will write something about the deplorable actions these devs AKA Ben Bernanke's of vericoin have taken.

This coin is a joke, it's not a cryptocoin. Its the devs personal federal reserve!

Just a quick question for all the sheep out here. Do you guys really believe that any major real world vendor/payment processor will accept vrc if they know the devs can rollback at anytime! NEVER! This coin is a JOKE and dying as we speak!

Rolling back theft ,fraud and scam, my guess is they will love it, behond any other feature...
Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:13:03 PM

Only in the eyes of certain parties...namely the crypto decentralization purists. The truth is, to most random people (that would be the folks necessary to bring to crypto to ever make it 'mainstream'), Bitcoin is far more tarnished thanks to things like Silk Road and Gox than Vericoin will be by this. In the eyes of the everyday person, this will appear to many as being safer, knowing action can be taken to thwart a massive attack such as this.

While I normally give your serious commentary a fair bit of weight in the reading I do around here, I think that people who are viewing this occurrence in such a fashion are thinking too narrowly. For the average person, centralization and decentralization are not the black and white concepts they are viewed as here.

Occasionally, it is necessary to venture beyond the echo chamber of these forums to understand what still must come to pass before cryptocurrency can ever be a tool of the average Joe.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:13:56 PM

YOUR truth illustrates why most crypto will NEVER be accepted by the public. It's time that the crypto community get out of their mother's basements and join the REAL world. VeriCoin has done just that. VeriCoin is a REAL currency that has shown that it can be trusted, unlike 95% of the crap out there.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:14:51 PM

Can you please link me to where you read that?

They're the Paypal of the alts. Every one of its services are centralized and require you to trust the developers to use. They even are talking about rolling out a wallet that allows you to load it directly with fiat. Sounds just like Paypal if you ask me.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:15:33 PM

YOUR truth illustrates why most crypto will NEVER be accepted by the public. It's time that the crypto community get out of their mother's basements and join the REAL world. VeriCoin has done just that. VeriCoin is a REAL currency that has shown that it can be trusted, unlike 95% of the crap out there.

Okay so I get it now...

Real world = Roll backs = Charge backs = Bank Bail outs....

Got it. THanks  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:15:45 PM

Still no valid wallet out?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:16:29 PM

Still no valid wallet out?

its already out.
www.vericoin.info

version 1.3.3

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:16:50 PM

Rolling back theft ,fraud and scam, my guess is they will love it, behond any other feature...

The main stream systems already do this. How is VRC any different than the traditional banking system as it exists today?

My answer: It isn't. So why use VRC at all when you have the system already implemented world wide and controlled by the big banks?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: