Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:21:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:59:01 AM

most people are not able to think ahead it seems

looking at the whole incident, the chargeback seems the only right thing, but only from and to a certain point in the timeline

what you fail to see is what this might cause in future, what power you gave to a small group and what abusive potential you created. the chargeback is and looks good right to the point where you take away the "stolen" (stolen my a**) from the ones that caused this. but everything AFTER this is negative development. from now on, whenever someone with the right amount of power, influence, coins or whatever is needed, wants to cause a chargeback, they have a good chance to reach that goal by screaming HACKER and getting the gullible mass to approve actions for "the greater good"

besides that, it was stated in this thread that it was a _one_time_thing_. no more chargebacks in future. and yet you want to rush to the media, you want to reach investors with this story and tell them payp--vericoin is secure from thievery? yeah, what are you going to tell them when next time a situation like this erupts. and don't come with "it's impossible to happen again"

So...in the future if 45% of the coins get stolen...what should be done? Kinda hard to consistently explain the reasoning...huh?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucates

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:59:38 AM

my wallet says no connections got old nodes if new exist plz post it.

Huh

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:59:54 AM

name calling

Just calling it like I see it. 3 aspies pushing the VRC thread to the top of the page. It's like what happened with the movie Basic Instincts, with a loud minority of protesters creating a controversy where there is none and making every outsider curious about a coin they would never have bought before.

Read the forum rules noob. You will find that personal attacks and name calling are not allowed on this forum.

I didn't know the rules, I'm new here. But you're an aspie who's pushing the VRC thread to the top of the page. Your doing advert and you don't even know it. How can you not be an aspie, I mean, how can it be an insult when you're actually doing this weird thing? It's descriptive of you for real bro.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:01:45 AM

my wallet says no connections got old nodes if new exist plz post it.

Huh
can you go to the http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23vericoin&uio=d4 and somebody will help you
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:01:51 AM

name calling

Just calling it like I see it. 3 aspies pushing the VRC thread to the top of the page. It's like what happened with the movie Basic Instincts, with a loud minority of protesters creating a controversy where there is none and making every outsider curious about a coin they would never have bought before.

Read the forum rules noob. You will find that personal attacks and name calling are not allowed on this forum.

I didn't know the rules, I'm new here. But you're an aspie who's pushing the VRC thread to the top of the page. Your doing advert and you don't even know it. How can you not be an aspie, I mean, how can it be an insult when you're actually doing this weird thing? It's descriptive of you for real bro.

More name calling it seems.

Read the forum rules before you act like you are justified in your actions.

Edit: If you don't like the fact that I am posting in a public forum and obeying the rules of the forum...then deal with it. Or you could cry about it. The choice is yours.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

InvestorPerson

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:03:36 AM

So...in the future if 45% of the coins get stolen...what should be done? Kinda hard to consistently explain the reasoning...huh?

how about this

With that said, we will not be doing this again. It is imperative that you keep your coins off exchanges and safe. We did not do this to "bail out" MintPal but to prevent the coin from being destroyed in an instant.

yeah what now. how about being smart on your side, and for the exchanges goes the same

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:05:59 AM

name calling

your signature is starting to hurt my eyes.. how much are you selling it for since you've got that much exposure from all your craps? Smiley

BTCBTCBTC LEALANA   PHYSICAL BITCOINS AND
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:07:13 AM

how about this

With that said, we will not be doing this again. It is imperative that you keep your coins off exchanges and safe. We did not do this to "bail out" MintPal but to prevent the coin from being destroyed in an instant.

yeah what now. how about being smart on your side, and for the exchanges goes the same

His words mean nothing. His actions speak louder. Anyone can say something to restore confidence in the short term. In the long term I suspect this will be the reason VRC fails.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

bigc1984

Merit: 534

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:08:10 AM

I think this incident will show that rollback options will need to be part of every
coin including Bitcoin in the case of catastrophic system damage such
as what happened with the 8 million coin theft.

Otherwise regular mainstream users will not trust Crypto with their money - ever.

Don't let archaic ideals cloud the future of this experiment. I think this VRC
case will be looked back on as a groundbreaking event that helped bring crypto to
the masses.

Trust makes money work.
It's only logical that the system can defend itself from attacks that can kill it.

I will favor investment in coins that have this capability myself.
No one wants to put their money into defenseless vapor.

I agree - The developers might not as Patrick has said "We can't do this again."

However the recovery options will need to be much more sophisticated than simple rollbacks because this needs a number complicated problems such as merchants who exchanged goods for currency which was later made worthless.

As a wider point - eventually if cryptocurrencies ever go "Mainstream" then unless the world order changes (a radical change in human civilization departing from thousands of years of history), then it will be brought under the control of the federal reserve and all the other banking cartels/central banks of the world - they will be the masters of this new crypto economy - being able subtract and add to the money supply at their will. They will use any and all means they can to achieve this control, using similar secretive methods they used to setup the Federal Reserve all those years ago.

people didn't realize that rollback saved their asses = 1.45 million euros will put any exchanger down = so mintpal down = all crypto gone : zs , min , mint , btc , ltc ....etc = other exchnages will go down also = because they have transfers between them = it will be like subprim crisis with banks = pyramid = all exchanges will close

so then by that logic it's ok when the banks get bailed out to save the USD?
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:08:49 AM

name calling

More name calling it seems.

Read the forum rules before you act like you are justified in your actions.

Okay, let me rephrase that.

I seriously believe that you have an autism spectrum disorder called Asperger syndrome. I'm not insulting you, it is a diagnosis that I am making because of your weird actions over the last 2 days. Your helping the vrc community and you don't even know it. That's weird to me. So my identification of you as such is founded on 2 days of facts.

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:09:00 AM

and just like that I hate him again

You hate too easy. Well, actually you mostly hate everything that disagrees with your extremely narrow perceptions. Ignorance and lack of maturity, evidently.

Chosen ignorance, for the most part, in your specific case.

Way too old for your proverbial "wall-to-wall counseling", so I'd let you just be.

extremely narrow perceptions eh, nah I just hate liars, thieves, and manipulators. unfortunately that sums up about half of the crypto population at this point in time which, while sad, is unequivocally true.  

I love how YOU one of the WORST liars and manipulators in our crypto world are trying to lecture ME. HAH! by the way was it your ass on the firing line asshole? did YOU sacrifice 6 years of your life, your marriage (to be fair it woulda died anyway she was a slut), your social life, and have to watch buddies die? No? I DIDN'T FUCKING THINK SO. So yes I actually EARNED the RIGHT to hate who and what I want for whatever reasons I want, it's just disgusting that I did all of that so assholes like you get to sit at home behind your little keyboard and get rich off of scamming and manipulating your crypto brethren.  We have a saying in the military for what happens to shitbags like you, it's called blue-on-blue.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
canej

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:09:09 AM

IF you having sync issues and not connecting to network. Make sure you are running 1.3.3 if you not it will not sync. Best is uninstall client and then download new client from website vericoin website. Check via help about to see if you running correct client. As always make sure you backup your wallet.dat file...
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:09:43 AM

name calling

your signature is starting to hurt my eyes.. how much are you selling it for since you've got that much exposure from all your craps? Smiley

Jealous?

If it hurts your eyes. Just close them.

You have the ability to make your own signature if you wish. Or not.

My signature is not for sale...never will be.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

AFaQ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:10:01 AM

Please stop spamming the thread, it is against the forum rules, a single person cannot bump and spam so many times in one day. We get it but you seriously haven't dropped the vrc price at all and wont at all, Mintpal will pay for all losses incurred so this is covered, just go to sleep....Someone IS paying for it, you dont have to make then pay because mintpal have waved the red flag, they are paying for any losses and biting the bullet for this one, you literally have no cause here but to spam and violate forum rules. Please consider my suggestion, thank you.

SPACE
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:11:10 AM

Please stop spamming the thread, it is against the forum rules, a single person cannot bump and spam so many times in one day. We get it but you seriously haven't dropped the vrc price at all and wont at all, Mintpal will pay for all losses incurred so this is covered, just go to sleep....Someone IS paying for it, you dont have to make then pay because mintpal have waved the red flag, they are paying for any losses and biting the bullet for this one, you literally have no cause here but to spam and violate forum rules. Please consider my suggestion, thank you.

BUMP is not what I am doing.

Spamming is copy paste...copy and paste over and over and over. Some of the VRC users can take a lesson from you.

Read the forum rules before you make accusations against others.

Mintpal is hardly biting the bullet on this as they got a bail out for all of the VRC they lost due to incompetence.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:13:01 AM

Haha really this is how people respond to all this! All the hard work, effort and sweat that the devs have put into this!

Only 1 thing seems to be clear, people are only on this thread to make this coin FAIL!! When I see all the Newbie accounts being active at this thread, come on this is too obvious. Besides these Newbie accounts I only see Hero accounts who are active with Crypto since forever complain about this... Reason for this, to protect their investment as this coin has potential to take away a part of the BitCoins market. As is has Bitsend and a real-life usable transaction time, these 2 things combined give me the trust that this will / could be the future.

However the hack (weird it only hit VRC as BTC and LTC were targetted, read Mintpal statement) did some damage to the coin. Every day I read more and more posts, I get more and more doubts if this whole hack was not directly targetted agains VRC to make it FAIL!

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:13:06 AM

Why is v 1.3.3 showing as 1.3.2 ?

I dont know Flam, I am having same issue, someone said to make new folder, that it worked for them. I am still trying to figure this out

I guess sometimes it can take up to 30-60 mins to get through the boostrap

Same thing happened to me at first. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wallet instead of just installing over the top of the old one, and that worked for me.

Windows Wallet

Like I wrote earlier, I think for some reason, it is not overwriting the vericoin-qt.exe if you have it already, if you rename it or delete it, or point the installer to a new folder, then it works. It didn't do this on previous versions though, so I wonder if the installer has an issue.
Just don't forget if you are doing these things to back up your vericoin wallet.dat, just to be safe.

realestmofo

Activity: 168

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:13:29 AM

Of course the large VRC holders will go on Twitter / Bitcointalk and give VRC support, back the other exchanges, say nothing has changed and coin will do well. They want to make sure the price goes up and they can sell to those people buying at a higher price. Fall into their trap and buy higher or let the whales suffer and just go buy another coin.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Haha really this is how people respond to all this! All the hard work, effort and sweat that the devs have put into this!

Only 1 thing seems to be clear, people are only on this thread to make this coin FAIL!! When I see all the Newbie accounts being active at this thread, come on this is too obvious. Besides these Newbie accounts I only see Hero accounts who are active with Crypto since forever complain about this... Reason for this, to protect their investment as this coin has potential to take away a part of the BitCoins market. As is has Bitsend and a real-life usable transaction time, these 2 things combined give me the trust that this will / could be the future.

However the hack (weird it only hit VRC as BTC and LTC were targetted, read Mintpal statement) did some damage to the coin. Every day I read more and more posts, I get more and more doubts if this whole hack was not directly targetted agains VRC to make it FAIL!

Im not worried about my investments.

You can try to put words in my mouth but it doesnt work.

I am here to call things as I see it. Obviously many here would like to view the recent decisions as a good thing. I simply do not and have had extensive discussions with at least a dozen users here who have opposing views.

Nice try to make me seem to be something I am not. It doesn't work on me.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ozboy2014

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:16:05 AM

name calling

Jealous?

If it hurts your eyes. Just close them.

You have the ability to make your own signature if you wish. Or not.

My signature is not for sale...never will be.

jealous? hahaha.. God noooo.. Just thinking whether we should go half with my only Physical Sliver Vericoin by getting you to sell it for me since you've flooded the thread with all your signatures..lol
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: