Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

Just noticed 5 million+ vrc was transferred a few blocks back, hope someone hasn't been hacked into again. Sad

That's down from 8M. It's Mintpal's coins they are distributing back to the owners now. Go backwards through the chain and you can see them distributing it.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:53:07 PM

Just noticed 5 million+ vrc was transferred a few blocks back, hope someone hasn't been hacked into again. Sad

That's down from 8M. It's Mintpal's coins they are distributing back to the owners now. Go backwards through the chain and you can see them distributing it.

Ok thanks for that Smiley

Phew!

buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 04:03:26 PM

Wind your neck in "truth4crypto"

same goes for you "buy4crypto"

Since I assume you're the same person.

WHAT? excuse me? I don't have 1 other alias, I am a firm supporter of this community. I am not going to go make up anything. I only speak truth. Sorry if you think I am someone else. I am me, and thats IT.

So this is your true colors. I didn't directly attack you at any point. I made a vague statement and you assumed it was an attack on you because I mentioned that a gambling site isn't a service to the community. I personally messaged you and appologized for the mistake. It probably was rude. But I handled that in private. You go accusing me in a public forum of something as outlandish as that? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? No respect for you anymore. AT ALL Leckey. No wonder your pushing your gamblin site all over, scumbag

I'm waiting for you LECKEY to private message me... AND to say something in public since your accusation to clarify why you chose to slander me out of all the random people who could make a alias with 0 activity? What was the true purpose of slandering me?

So everyone is clear. I have no reason to make alias's. This is the only bitcointalk forum ID I have / use. Thats not a clever way to word it incase somehow I mispoke. I have 1 account here in this forum and this is it.

This is a clear attack on my reputation. If you know who leckey is I am sure you understand my concern. TY for clearing this up... SOON before FUD gets started.

Or maybe I should start some FUD, Did you make that account LECKEY? You where quick to point fingers at me? I REALLY want to know. You seemed mad about the way the developers handled things, Probably because you had a lot of micro bets on your GAMBLING site. So you make up a fake account to cause FUD?

If you have a network of gambling sites. I see how this could set a bad precedent for you. Maybe you had motivation to do that. Sounds logical.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 04:16:32 PM

So 5 million VRC is about to be redistributed back to vrc traders...? Or already has been.. hmmm

Was pretty impressed vrc price was holding up, but if it was due to a very muted supply ( as in 5 mil coins being tied up ) Well it makes you look at the market trading a little different.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:17:20 PM

5 million VRC will be distributed to whom they belong.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 04:20:23 PM

5 million VRC will be distributed to whom they belong.

I think his point was, that 8 million was the ones people where trading, the ones in personal wallets where longterm.

About 3/8 of the traders supply is released from mintpal 5/8 could still be locked up as of that blockchain transaction with 5 million in wallet.

We'll see how many of those go to wallets, and how many hit the other exchanges, I am hopeful.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:21:10 PM

So 5 million VRC is about to be redistributed back to vrc traders...? Or already has been.. hmmm

Was pretty impressed vrc price was holding up, but if it was due to a very muted supply ( as in 5 mil coins being tied up ) Well it makes you look at the market trading a little different.

Traders are sitting on the sideline waiting real trading to resume... I believe this is only going to happen once MP relists VRC which will happen after they distribute all coins and pay for the damages (some $4K)
virtuallann

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:50:05 PM

So what exchanges are have open trading currently on VRC?
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:52:12 PM

BitTrex and Poloniex, trading around 50K VRC/hour
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

Cryptsy also trading vrc. Think Bittrex might actually have the most volume though for vrc atm.  Strange.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:59:46 PM

PDF here: http://www.filedropper.com/mandatory-update133
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:03:41 PM

More than 13 millon coins staking, omg.

omg as in "worrysome" or omg as in "good" (assuming you meant MILLION, not "millon", of course...?

That's half the float... MP alone has another 8 million -as we have painfully just found out, so that leaves only another 4 million and change for the other exchanges and for actual USE...

I'd say "worrysome" applies more than anything, what do you think?

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

I have it with my mac. Downloaded the bootstrap and placed it with wallet.dat and vericoin.conf. Start the wallet but it hangs for ages now on importing bootstrap. Hope it all comes well.

My wallet has come up after half an hour, but it hangs at block 108839
you need to uninstall all old VRC stuff before installing new wallet

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:14:40 PM

Ok - not here to flame or fud - rather i just want to ask a question.

I've been out last night.. and I missed the google hangout. Did it go ahead? Were the answers satisfactory? What was the overall sentiment afterwards?
I know some of you will be unhappy no matter what was said.
I'm looking for some balanced views.. no screaming or fud!

Would be great if one of you could give me a quick update.

I would love to update you but because of the whole hack fiasco no the hangout did not occur and you shoulda come to the IRC chan for some answers because our poor lil thread here has been hijacked by smoothie and his merry band of FUDfags

That would be great... except that the IRC is CENSORED and therefore no real discussion with opposing views can take place there. That is the ONLY reason why VRC has not been listed in THE WALL OF HONOR.

And, by the way, rather than engaging the so-called "fudsters" here, and therefore facilitate their tasks, most wise people is simply ignoring them, either by not reading their posts or by actually hitting the "ignore" button, which makes the thread much more readable to them.

To go to a censored channel to avoid counterpoints -and fudsters, admittedly plenty of them in the last couple of days-, is not a solution at all, it's sharing a joint, so to speak, between fanboys rather.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:23:52 PM

and just like that I hate him again

You hate too easy. Well, actually you mostly hate everything that disagrees with your extremely narrow perceptions. Ignorance and lack of maturity, evidently.

Chosen ignorance, for the most part, in your specific case.

Way too old for your proverbial "wall-to-wall counseling", so I'd let you just be.

extremely narrow perceptions eh, nah I just hate liars, thieves, and manipulators. unfortunately that sums up about half of the crypto population at this point in time which, while sad, is unequivocally true.  

I love how YOU one of the WORST liars and manipulators in our crypto world are trying to lecture ME. HAH! by the way was it your ass on the firing line asshole? did YOU sacrifice 6 years of your life, your marriage (to be fair it woulda died anyway she was a slut), your social life, and have to watch buddies die? No? I DIDN'T FUCKING THINK SO. So yes I actually EARNED the RIGHT to hate who and what I want for whatever reasons I want, it's just disgusting that I did all of that so assholes like you get to sit at home behind your little keyboard and get rich off of scamming and manipulating your crypto brethren.  We have a saying in the military for what happens to shitbags like you, it's called blue-on-blue.

As usual, Will, you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about or, more precisely, who you are talking too. But nothing can be done about chosen ignorance or raw stupidity.

And please spare people here more details of your personal life,  the stupidities that you post every half an hour are pathetic enough.

awww I love you too IE, and who you are? LOLOL like you are supposed to scare me? c'mon try harder, theres been bigger men than you with much bigger guns than you have threaten me and guess what, I'm still here. I would LOVE for you to come see me and back up your thinly veiled threats, but no you won't cause all you are is talk I put up where I live so come and see me if you are such a billy badass.

Well that's precisely the point, numbnuts, that I am not even remotely who you choose to think I am. As for IE, I don't believe he would be interested in your "wall-to-wall counseling" either, he doesn't seem to be physically framed that way, but I wouldn't know. You see, IE is as far away from me, both racially, physically and philosophically as one can be ... withing the US. And yet, you choose to believe, numbnuts that you are, that we are the same person. Oh well, ask me if I give a fuck.

Or anyone else, for that matter.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:33:31 PM

PRICE IS FALLING

I know fan boys would find all kinds of excuses, of course, when, in reality, it is a simple logical -and I'd say temporarily at least, inevitable reaction-, but the truth is clear: Price is falling significantly in Bittrex. Currently around 32k which is roughly 22% from where it was before trading was initially halted. And, as far as Bittrex goes, or quite high volume during the last 24 hours.

I would imagine that a lot of people is wanting out right now for two reasons: One, to stay away and protect their investments until the smoke clears out and Two, because even if they still believe in VRC, as most do, they expect to have the opportunity to buy back in cheaper. It is absolutely normal and, again, I'd say inevitable.

Longer term? I am quite sure VRC will greatly benefit from the events we have just lived through and the mainstream reaction will start to be hinted at after the coming Chicago show over the weekend.

It would be quite nice if a hangout could be organized BEFORE the weekend to clear the air for the community as soon as possible, though. I hope it will happen.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

omg as in "worrysome" or omg as in "good" (assuming you meant MILLION, not "millon", of course...?

That's half the float... MP alone has another 8 million -as we have painfully just found out, so that leaves only another 4 million and change for the other exchanges and for actual USE...

I wouldn't call it worrisome at all. The fact that there are 13 million staked coins implies that there are quite a few other coins that are currently maturing for staking (or on cooldown). In my own case, at this very moment, only about 1/10th of my coins are staking while the rest are on cooldown. Add in all of those extra coins and the number of coins that have been committed to staking is pretty impressive.

MintPal is currently down to about 6 million from the original 8 million.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:46:18 PM

I need some clarification on something please......  In my wallet, I have two addresses total.  The first address (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) had just over 28k coins in it.  Second address (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) had only 3.44 coins in it. So, I tried to transfer the 3.44 coins from (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) to (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) so all my coins would be under one address.  What happened though is what I don't quite understand.  Fyi, I'm using Chainz to track this. Looks like the 3.44 coins stayed in the same address, but 1096 coins went to (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd) which is an address that I don't have in my wallet. My balance, from within the wallet, isn't showing that I'm missing 1096 coins but Chainz is showing them in the new address (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd).  Why did this happen and did these 1096 coins just go somewhere they can't be retrieved?  This fork thing has made me want to dig a little deeper into understanding all of this.  Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:51:53 PM

I need some clarification on something please......  In my wallet, I have two addresses total.  The first address (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) had just over 28k coins in it.  Second address (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) had only 3.44 coins in it. So, I tried to transfer the 3.44 coins from (VRzsNTFi2bitgQ5fu96tB1ihFrfAxtJPox) to (VGiycsx1phY9ekeMNbzCHpY2TtXAzNGd4C) so all my coins would be under one address.  What happened though is what I don't quite understand.  Fyi, I'm using Chainz to track this. Looks like the 3.44 coins stayed in the same address, but 1096 coins went to (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd) which is an address that I don't have in my wallet. My balance, from within the wallet, isn't showing that I'm missing 1096 coins but Chainz is showing them in the new address (VF9S9seoip7jvZfeDbj5P1kyNAiUG89bvd).  Why did this happen and did these 1096 coins just go somewhere they can't be retrieved?  This fork thing has made me want to dig a little deeper into understanding all of this.  Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

those coins you see passing by your adress arnt you coins.
I doesnt have to do anything with the hardfork its more like how the blockchainz works.

What you see there is summery of the coin flow and the calculation of the Blockchain because at the end of every block you will still have the legit amount of coins point on your wallet.

Edit: pls correct me if iam wrong i am not an expert!

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:53:53 PM

I wouldn't call it worrisome at all. The fact that there are 13 million staked coins implies that there are quite a few other coins that are currently maturing for staking (or on cooldown). In my own case, at this very moment, only about 1/10th of my coins are staking while the rest are on cooldown. Add in all of those extra coins and the number of coins that have been committed to staking is pretty impressive.

MintPal is currently down to about 6 million from the original 8 million.

I don't think you got my meaning at all... I find worrysome that SO MANY coins are in fact staking already, not to mention the many more that are in cool down status. VRC, in order to be successful, has to be widely available for trading and for purchasing of goods. Staking is hoarding and would signal, if in excessive amounts (and those 13 million plus the cooling down ones ARE excessive) to total lack of liquidity... which would be extraordinarily worrysome.

I hope that number decreases very quickly and full liquidity returns to the trading markets and the availability for purchasing when VRC returns to normal.
Pages: « 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: