Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:02:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:52:22 PM

someone can quickly update me about mintpal...any news?

Withdrawals being processed...no plans to open VRC/BTC market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:58:03 PM

Just noticed 5 million+ vrc was transferred a few blocks back, hope someone hasn't been hacked into again. Sad

That's down from 8M. It's Mintpal's coins they are distributing back to the owners now. Go backwards through the chain and you can see them distributing it.
I would like to give a big thank you to the VRC Dev team and the Dogecoin guy for so brilliantly making things right.  You guys not only saved Mintpal and everyone who had any type of crypto on that exchange but you also saved Vericoin from a 51% attack that would have assuredly killed the coin.  And I don't think you should even say that you will never do this again.  I think every criminal thief out there will think twice about stealing Vericoins now, because now we have proven that justice can be served in crypto.  Next we just have to get a better way of catching the criminals and sending them to jail too.  Smiley

p.s. Everyone please keep moving your coins off Mint and into your wallet.  Learn the practice of only putting your coins on an exchange for a few minutes when you need to exchange them.  Then right back to your wallet.  This will reduce your odds of getting MintGox'd by atleast 1000X.  It will also at the same time reduce the chances of the exchange getting targeted in the first place and will secure the entire Vericoin network from anyone planning a 51% attack.  Think of it as your duty.

I have posted several times that I also believe the devs acted wisely. But the gratitude for it would be quite excessive since their options were so limited that, in fact, there was nothing else they could do. Thanking someone for doing the only thing they could possibly do, is overkill, I'd say. Did they save the coin? obviously they did. But that benefits no one more than themselves -other than the Black Hand, of course, which is a very important consideration by the way-. If they did nothing, VRC couldn't exist today. Neither would MintPal... nor the BLACK HAND. And the reputations and the names of these devs would be ruined forever, while the same bar of transparency that they raised significantly with VRC, would actually prevent them from any position of significance, ever again, in crypto.

So the gratitude is far from warranted... even if, as is the case, I fully support what they were forced to do.

And on that note, I still fail to see - that's why I expect, anxiously, the addressing of the matter in the hangout-, the reason (or price, for VRC should benefit monetarily and in significant measure for it) for saving MintPal, obviously the element at fault besides the crooks. From ANY perspective, Mintpal, the responsible part for inadequately handling the coins they were entrusted with, is the overwhelming winner in this fiasco they allowed to happen. They would be bankrupt by now, without any doubt. Instead, they are still in business -although I hope people will rush out of Dodge on that regard and force them to close shop as of tomorrow- and their negligence hasn't cost them a penny, thanks to the VRC devs.

Accountability, unfortunately -along with flagrant fraud and thievery- continues to be dominant in cryptoworld. Even while the good guys, seemingly, have started to arrive.

Normal world regulation is so sorely needed...

Let's make some math:
- Mintpal's daily volume was around BTC 2.5K, some BTC 5 daily revenues or US$ 2500 (based on 0.2% transaction fee)
- VRC 8M were valued at some US$1.65M
- This means some 660 days of MintPal's revenues
- Let's assume some VRC 12K coins as an average position
- This means some 660 people were holding their coins at MP

Conclusions:
1) MP would never be able to pay and would go bankrupt
2) As an immediate consequence, all 660 VRC holders would loose their money
3) With 30% of VRC coins out there available for further attacks, VRC would crash and all people holding it would loose their money

So, please, let not fool ourselves: It was not about saving MintPal. It was about saving the coin and the investors' money.
leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:13:44 PM

It was about saving the coin and the investors' money.

I agree with the saving the coin bit, not the saving investors' money bit - that shouldn't even come into it as it's not the devs responsibility to look after people's misplaced investments.

But yes, I see why they did it to save the coin

DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:16:29 PM

Wow. I dumped all my coins, expecting a huge dump. But I must say its hodl out quite well.

I think I'm waiting for a little lower prices before looking to hoover up a few more.
pingdigi

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:17:55 PM

Just noticed 5 million+ vrc was transferred a few blocks back, hope someone hasn't been hacked into again. Sad

That's down from 8M. It's Mintpal's coins they are distributing back to the owners now. Go backwards through the chain and you can see them distributing it.
I would like to give a big thank you to the VRC Dev team and the Dogecoin guy for so brilliantly making things right.  You guys not only saved Mintpal and everyone who had any type of crypto on that exchange but you also saved Vericoin from a 51% attack that would have assuredly killed the coin.  And I don't think you should even say that you will never do this again.  I think every criminal thief out there will think twice about stealing Vericoins now, because now we have proven that justice can be served in crypto.  Next we just have to get a better way of catching the criminals and sending them to jail too.  Smiley

p.s. Everyone please keep moving your coins off Mint and into your wallet.  Learn the practice of only putting your coins on an exchange for a few minutes when you need to exchange them.  Then right back to your wallet.  This will reduce your odds of getting MintGox'd by atleast 1000X.  It will also at the same time reduce the chances of the exchange getting targeted in the first place and will secure the entire Vericoin network from anyone planning a 51% attack.  Think of it as your duty.

I have posted several times that I also believe the devs acted wisely. But the gratitude for it would be quite excessive since their options were so limited that, in fact, there was nothing else they could do. Thanking someone for doing the only thing they could possibly do, is overkill, I'd say. Did they save the coin? obviously they did. But that benefits no one more than themselves -other than the Black Hand, of course, which is a very important consideration by the way-. If they did nothing, VRC couldn't exist today. Neither would MintPal... nor the BLACK HAND. And the reputations and the names of these devs would be ruined forever, while the same bar of transparency that they raised significantly with VRC, would actually prevent them from any position of significance, ever again, in crypto.

So the gratitude is far from warranted... even if, as is the case, I fully support what they were forced to do.

And on that note, I still fail to see - that's why I expect, anxiously, the addressing of the matter in the hangout-, the reason (or price, for VRC should benefit monetarily and in significant measure for it) for saving MintPal, obviously the element at fault besides the crooks. From ANY perspective, Mintpal, the responsible part for inadequately handling the coins they were entrusted with, is the overwhelming winner in this fiasco they allowed to happen. They would be bankrupt by now, without any doubt. Instead, they are still in business -although I hope people will rush out of Dodge on that regard and force them to close shop as of tomorrow- and their negligence hasn't cost them a penny, thanks to the VRC devs.

Accountability, unfortunately -along with flagrant fraud and thievery- continues to be dominant in cryptoworld. Even while the good guys, seemingly, have started to arrive.

Let's make some math:
- Mintpal's daily volume was around BTC 2.5K, some BTC 5 daily revenues or US$ 2500 (based on 0.2% transaction fee)

Conclusions:
3) With 30% of VRC coins out there available for further attacks, VRC would crash and all people holding it would loose their money

So, please, let not fool ourselves: It was not about saving MintPal. It was about saving the coin and the investors' money.

Wow! That's horrible of them! Saving their coin and investor's money! What kind of a world do we live in where people are allowed to make such heinous attacks against the very fabric of cryptocurrencies </sarcasm>
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 08:33:49 PM

Let's make some math:

Conclusions:

Wow! That's horrible of them! Saving their coin and investor's money! What kind of a world do we live in where people are allowed to make such heinous attacks against the very fabric of cryptocurrencies </sarcasm>

And why is nobody talking about the poor thief?  I mean his feeling are probably really hurt he didn't get to take millions from thousands of people.  VRC devs should be ashamed, taking hard earned money from a thief.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
KidenceBgd

Activity: 66

VeRiCoIn :)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:37:10 PM

When be back Vericoin pool?Huh
eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:40:30 PM

I would like to give a big thank you to the VRC Dev team and the Dogecoin guy for so brilliantly making things right.  You guys not only saved Mintpal and everyone who had any type of crypto on that exchange but you also saved Vericoin from a 51% attack that would have assuredly killed the coin.  And I don't think you should even say that you will never do this again.  I think every criminal thief out there will think twice about stealing Vericoins now, because now we have proven that justice can be served in crypto.  Next we just have to get a better way of catching the criminals and sending them to jail too.  Smiley

p.s. Everyone please keep moving your coins off Mint and into your wallet.  Learn the practice of only putting your coins on an exchange for a few minutes when you need to exchange them.  Then right back to your wallet.  This will reduce your odds of getting MintGox'd by atleast 1000X.  It will also at the same time reduce the chances of the exchange getting targeted in the first place and will secure the entire Vericoin network from anyone planning a 51% attack.  Think of it as your duty.

Let's make some math:

Conclusions:

And why is nobody talking about the poor thief?  I mean his feeling are probably really hurt he didn't get to take millions from thousands of people.  VRC devs should be ashamed, taking hard earned money from a thief.

Yeah, and think about his efforts too, the hard work he put into this - where is his hard earned reward now?
I really feel so much sympathy for him. /s

BTW, bought me some VRC today and will continue to add. Go vericoin!  \o/
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

People are worried that this might set precedent for other coins to respond the same. An example would be if Bitcoin did this when Mt.Gox happened.

Bitcoin has forked two times, significantly. One was in 2010 when someone was able to mint billions of Bitcoins. They had to go back 100 transactions and reset the chain. Thankfully, the network was really small then, and all the developers had to do was get to the big pools and tell them to update their codes. Bitcoin was really small, and no one cared about it, so it didn’t get much attention.

The second event was where Bitcoin was updating from, I believe, 0.7 to 0.8. People didn’t like the 0.8 change, so some people didn’t move over. Basically, they were competing on two parallel chains for a long time. Eventually, the developers decided to revert back to 0.7.

When people say we’re abusing our power, that’s fine; they can say what they want to. I don’t think of it that way, because we were going out of our way to prevent the coin from dying off. Most of the people who are critical of this are people that don’t own it and are people that want another coin to succeed. They attack every coin and right now it’s a good opportunity to attack VeriCoin.

------

There is more, read the full article @ http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/vericoin-developer-speaks-ccn-mintpal-hardfork/2014/07/15

That is the mos important part.
The dev decided to make a change but the people didn't.
And in the end it was the users that decided the which chain was the right one.

Here there was decision taken by a few to protect a business , nothing more.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:46:13 PM

From here forward I will use 'we' as in 'crypto'

We have the ability, to undo unjust massive criminal actions.
We have the ability to stand up and fight for the rights of people.
We have the ability to make ground breaking decisions for the positive side of things finally.
We have the ability to CHOOSE if we do not like something and move on.
We have the ability to let the people determine the fate of when an exchange when they ever so blatantly disregards their own statements regarding security, by choosing to not use them.
We have the ability to not let a thief become a centralized , determining factor of a project.
We do not have to take a beating from others lacking judgement when so many could/would have been affected.
We do NOT have to mimic and or follow in the footsteps of others every move , just because 'they' would or wouldn't because they were the 1st to create an idea or movement. (yes I am implying BTC here)

We are in a revolution, and revolutionary progress, is not simply not following an old path, it requires leadership , that make fast, appropriate and responsive decisions that would affect masses, both good & bad.

I for one am proud, that the team involved with VRC, had the moral capability to step outside the box that 'some' seem trapped in, to make a difficult decision.

Walking behind others will never lead you down a new path where evolution is detrimental to success.

Everyone, enjoy your day.
eiskalt

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:50:35 PM

People are worried that this might set precedent for other coins to respond the same. An example would be if Bitcoin did this when Mt.Gox happened.

Bitcoin has forked two times, significantly. One was in 2010 when someone was able to mint billions of Bitcoins. They had to go back 100 transactions and reset the chain. Thankfully, the network was really small then, and all the developers had to do was get to the big pools and tell them to update their codes. Bitcoin was really small, and no one cared about it, so it didn’t get much attention.

The second event was where Bitcoin was updating from, I believe, 0.7 to 0.8. People didn’t like the 0.8 change, so some people didn’t move over. Basically, they were competing on two parallel chains for a long time. Eventually, the developers decided to revert back to 0.7.

When people say we’re abusing our power, that’s fine; they can say what they want to. I don’t think of it that way, because we were going out of our way to prevent the coin from dying off. Most of the people who are critical of this are people that don’t own it and are people that want another coin to succeed. They attack every coin and right now it’s a good opportunity to attack VeriCoin.

------

There is more, read the full article @ http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/vericoin-developer-speaks-ccn-mintpal-hardfork/2014/07/15

That is the mos important part.
The dev decided to make a change but the people didn't.
And in the end it was the users that decided the which chain was the right one.

Here there was decision taken by a few to protect a business , nothing more.

What are you talking about, vericoin community decided to go with the forked chain and showed support for it. Now you can FUD elsewhere.
KidenceBgd

Activity: 66

VeRiCoIn :)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:51:46 PM

twitter

七福神 @Li_Zhuan  ·  8m
#cryptojapan is fully behind #Vericoin. My friend write for me:
Wait until you see the full force of daikoku10crypto, li_zhuan, and crew.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:53:24 PM

Can I Withdrawal my VRC from MP to my wallet then?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
eiskalt

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:56:50 PM

From here forward I will use 'we' as in 'crypto'

We have the ability, to undo unjust massive criminal actions.
We have the ability to stand up and fight for the rights of people.
We have the ability to make ground breaking decisions for the positive side of things finally.
We have the ability to CHOOSE if we do not like something and move on.
We have the ability to let the people determine the fate of when an exchange when they ever so blatantly disregards their own statements regarding security, by choosing to not use them.
We have the ability to not let a thief become a centralized , determining factor of a project.
We do not have to take a beating from others lacking judgement when so many could/would have been affected.
We do NOT have to mimic and or follow in the footsteps of others every move , just because 'they' would or wouldn't because they were the 1st to create an idea or movement. (yes I am implying BTC here)

We are in a revolution, and revolutionary progress, is not simply not following an old path, it requires leadership , that make fast, appropriate and responsive decisions that would affect masses, both good & bad.

I for one am proud, that the team involved with VRC, had the moral capability to step outside the box that 'some' seem trapped in, to make a difficult decision.

Walking behind others will never lead you down a new path where evolution is detrimental to success.

Everyone, enjoy your day.

that makes my day, thank you.

Maybe FUDers get it now.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:03:21 PM

Yes. I withdrew mine yesterday.

Investing123

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

CryptoCalc.org - Altcoin Profit/Loss Calculator

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:04:54 PM

Get your Veri own VeriCoin T-shirts and hats here!

https://shop.moolah.io/VRClothes

eiskalt

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:06:21 PM

I withdrew my vericoins today. So yes, worked for me too.

EDIT: I have also withdrawn the vrc that I bought from bittrex - worked also very well and fast.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:09:50 PM

so will MintPal re-list VRC again?

eiskalt

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:15:27 PM

Do you think they will not list it again, because of all the recent FUD? VRC was one of their biggest markets before
the hack, if not the biggest.

They would be quite stupid not to list it again.

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:23:04 PM

Do you think they will not list it again, because of all the recent FUD? VRC was one of their biggest markets before
the hack, if not the biggest.

They would be quite stupid not to list it again.

I dont know what to think anymore about MintPal. Have you seen their last few listings when there were other much better coins they could have listed? So stupidity for them wouldnt be far out of the question.

Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: