Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Lucksee

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:12:06 PM

I had a question about those who trusted VRC... but now don't, after the fork...

Say, we divided everyone involved into two groups:

PRO-VRC and Ex-VRC investors.

...couldn't it be true that just any team with the capabilities could fork the entire VeriCoin chain right now and release a brave new Ex-VeriCoin wallet for Ex-VRC investors and they can go and task themselves with building and preserving the birth of their first cryptoeconomy.

Could the PRO-VRC and EX-VRC worlds just no longer need be connected?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:30:35 PM

I had a question about those who trusted VRC... but now don't, after the fork...

...couldn't it be true that just any team with the capabilities could fork the entire VeriCoin chain right now and release a brave new Ex-VeriCoin wallet for Ex-VRC investors and they can go and task themselves with building and preserving the birth of their first cryptoeconomy.

I doubt you'll get an answer from the people you're posing this question to because that scenario removes the fundamentalist philosophical aspect of what the current bashing-spree is about, and then there's no longer an argument.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
flun_sheen

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:34:38 PM

I m out, left about 3000VRC just in case.
Despite hard work from the team who was and is amazing there is nothing we can predict in crypto. For example I sold LitecoinX at the same price I sold VRC, few other coins too. Those coins has nothing that can be compared to VRC. Why I sold VRC you may ask, just because I m afraid of another failure loss I experienced in last few months. Every night I go to sleep waiting to wake up to realize that my investment is 2000% down so I just can't wait anymore to see price goes as it should be. Integrated features in VRC wallet is something I don't use and IMHO VeriBit is strange thing to me because I see it as a dump option and in fact I think that if many ppl use it that will lower the price of the VRC on the market. Also multipool didn't had strength to push price up. Complete story could be different if coin volume was lower. Regarding POS, those few people who are holders can stake VRC and just from staking they can earn a lot on exchanges every few days just by dumping. In that position those who has few hundreds don't have many options, only to invest more BTC. In fact if you have enough VRC you can earn much more just by staking than mining on multipool, no matter what equipment you have. Complete story about mintpal forced huge investors out and a lesson for them to think twice before invest into any POS coin. What was interesting to me is that this coin had so much variations in price on every single day so I was able to earn 1000VRC per day just selling high and buying again on the positions where you never expect to see it.

I must say again that this coin have best team with amazing knowledge and community tightly connected to the team who is trying to make all public and explain every little detail. But, history learns us that this is not enough.      

thank you Veri much.. i am most enlightened with an idea from this post. I will just buy as many VRCs as i can and earn money from staking.. great idea man
Lucksee

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:48:24 PM

should have let the thief keep the coins..

(Translation: destroy people's property by killing VRC at a vulnerable stage in its development. Result: hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of investor's coins suddenly and avoidably caused to be worthless. You may not be paying enough attention to the investor incentives.)

why is MintPal VRC's problem ?
you think they care about you ? your ass will be delisted in an instant when ever they want (when the coin loses popularity) lol

i don't like certain aspects of this coin i have said else where and it was summarized a couple comments back so..
days ago i grabbed a few VRC and i already seem to be in the profit side LOL
why ? i had coins on BTER and wanted my BTC working for me on some other coin but didn't know what to choose
and i picked it because nothing else looked better or hyped up..

i will add again a good point.. i have said in crypto before.
at least this coin is *trying
a lot better than just a blatant scam clone coin !
i give em credit for that but i do have to consider does some aspects of this coin set a bad precedent ?
Fork roll backs and centralization issues and pointless Bitcoin integration of sorts ?
Sorry but i don't see this as a coin i want to take part in long term for those reasons.
And i have no proof but i personally think it's plausible this coin was created just to make another coin.
it's features that make it different were added at their core to say "we're different" ?

no way for me to know if the dev here didn't make 100 before and will make 100 more..
the bottom line is a new coin comes along every few minutes and we keep getting told this is THE one..
then the next one says the same damn thing lol
Everyone knows cryptoexchanges are an alien species at the stage. Maybe, they're highly underdeveloped and will continue to grow and serve crypto. Maybe, they're only a necessary stepping stone to decentralized exchanges... due to slowly disintegrate itself from the cryptoworld... Who knows?

"Who knows?" is exactly the point.

VRC takes a questionable and difficult risk to save themselves... and in the process "bails out" this unpredictable cryptoalien exchange... in an environment of exchanges that we don't really know the future of, regardless.

Yet, VRC has so far survived and it continues to build momentum. Dev's have taken a stance on the future of exchanges and given their vision, have demonstrated an exceptional amount of competence for the altworld.

But it's cypto, right? We're here because we already understand our choices have attached risks. It's just a matter of sorting out which risks are more important.

Personally, VRC is still, of course, an unpredictable cryptocurrency... but, I think it at least has the momentum to grow before or if it dies.
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:49:10 PM

Despite hard work from the team who was and is amazing there is nothing we can predict in crypto. For example I sold LitecoinX at the same price I sold VRC, few other coins too. Those coins has nothing that can be compared to VRC. Why I sold VRC you may ask, just because I m afraid of another failure loss I experienced in last few months. Every night I go to sleep waiting to wake up to realize that my investment is 2000% down so I just can't wait anymore to see price goes as it should be. Integrated features in VRC wallet is something I don't use and IMHO VeriBit is strange thing to me because I see it as a dump option and in fact I think that if many ppl use it that will lower the price of the VRC on the market. Also multipool didn't had strength to push price up. Complete story could be different if coin volume was lower. Regarding POS, those few people who are holders can stake VRC and just from staking they can earn a lot on exchanges every few days just by dumping. In that position those who has few hundreds don't have many options, only to invest more BTC. In fact if you have enough VRC you can earn much more just by staking than mining on multipool, no matter what equipment you have. Complete story about mintpal forced huge investors out and a lesson for them to think twice before invest into any POS coin. What was interesting to me is that this coin had so much variations in price on every single day so I was able to earn 1000VRC per day just selling high and buying again on the positions where you never expect to see it.

I must say again that this coin have best team with amazing knowledge and community tightly connected to the team who is trying to make all public and explain every little detail. But, history learns us that this is not enough.      

Is it time to collect posts like this again to quote them in a few days as " I feel so bad for him he left the train  too soon" .

I feel you  buddy... I really do.  but if you wanna know have a comparison of this coin with dark coin I can say you, dark coin is....  Wait you can't  compare it because our market to is not the anon market but the end consumer market.

Our slogan,  friendly and easy to use. Fast Money everywhere.
We are going to make PoS system  to successed because it is the right and ecologic  thing to do.

Here is a fact : Manipulate Bitcoin with a 51% in world where bitcoin the dominating currency is much more easier than doing it with a PoS coin that is widely spread out because you need to rule more than the half world to do it and than you don't need to manipulate it anymore.

Bitcoin on the other hand can be cracked by when the mining Industrie get together and manipulate it. Silently like they already did I think.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Lucksee

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:50:24 PM

I doubt you'll get an answer from the people you're posing this question to because that scenario removes the fundamentalist philosophical aspect of what the current bashing-spree is about, and then there's no longer an argument.
Yup. That's why I wrote it ;]
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:31:58 PM

VRC Wallet on android is great! Great development dev team!
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:36:00 PM

If you guys want to help grow Vericoin and support further development and innovation buy some Vericoin Logo stickers, or Lotto tickets for the last available 1 oz .999 Fine Silver Physical Vericoin.  50% of all sales go straight to the VeriFund to help continually develop, improve, and market Vericoin. PM me for details

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:37:51 PM

If you want to donate directly to the VeriFund to help with development the link is below.

http://www.vericoin.info/verifund.html

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:46:05 PM

Or if you want something that can spread brand awareness/possibly get you a physical vericoin AND support VRC then PM me

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Bizquick

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:52:20 PM

If you guys want to help grow Vericoin and support further development and innovation buy some Vericoin Logo stickers, or Lotto tickets for the last available 1 oz .999 Fine Silver Physical Vericoin.  50% of all sales go straight to the VeriFund to help continually develop, improve, and market Vericoin. PM me for details

Thanks for the heads up!!   How much are the stickers? 

I'm sorry if it is posted somewhere else, but I'm being lazy. Smiley
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

thank you Veri much.. i am most enlightened with an idea from this post. I will just buy as many VRCs as i can and earn money from staking.. great idea man
Or you do the double and triple staking strategy.
First, buy as much VRC as you can in the low .00030's and stake them to earning the mining income from staking.
Second, point all your miners to the Vericoin multipool and stake all those payouts too to earn income off your mining income.
Now you are earning "mining" income via staking and mining income via mining, AND mining income via the staking of the mining income.
R2-D2R2

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:12:45 PM

Why does norton detect the wallet has a virus? Anyone has the same issue?
majeis

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:15:37 PM

Why does norton detect the wallet has a virus? Anyone has the same issue?

Probably just you.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/65c6059cdaad0eb4635322e4b83c548e3c882b292827fc304d196fb0a78c779a/analysis/

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
R2-D2R2

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:16:41 PM

No i just checked on norton , keeps deleting it has a threat.

majeis

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:18:41 PM

Symantec, the company that makes your antivirus product, is one of the scanners on that site.

Their latest definitions don't have a problem with it, so the fault is in your software.

edit: here's a rescan if you're paranoid https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/65c6059cdaad0eb4635322e4b83c548e3c882b292827fc304d196fb0a78c779a/analysis/1405891503/

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:02:35 PM

Every wallet that you download will give you the same warning. Its best you use trusted publishers in any case. Most of the antivirus pick up a false positive on crypto wallets.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:59:17 PM

Just check coins like maia,bitblock,maru,voot,iceberg,apex,conceal and their failure by just few days and those were my loses in last 15 days. So maybe all of you can judge me but situation in crypto world is too risky now to wait for anything go up.

Poor choice in coins my friend...sorry but you can't compare fly by night coins or scam coins to Vericoin. VRC will be around for along time!

actually you can.. they share most of the same code and are all put out in the same place, within this ANN scam forum section
and even made and supported by the same people.. i will bet my left testicle these guy have used anon names to make lots of coins before.

and wrong coins ? your full of shit !

every coin that comes along is "THE ONE"
until the next one comes out lol

i see what the guy is saying and i would have to agree with him.. he seem rational about it all to me.
and you i am hearing fanboy excuses and chearleading.

FUD first & ask questions later™
CodeHunter

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:01:26 AM

Man, all the weak hands have sold.

The StochRSI for the 1day/3day/1week are all at the bottom.

And I'm also looking at the 30min StochRSI on bitcoinwisdom, and whenever I see the lines getting all zigzaggy like that, it always later moves in a big way. The zigzaggy StochRSI is the most obvious sign of manipulation.

I've also noticed that Mintpal still has more liquidity than Bittrex, even though Bittrex has more volume. It's like the old saying goes, more volume does not equal more liquidity.

And I drew a line from the bottom that was reached since the market on Mintpal has re-opened all the way to latest bottom and it's aiming up, and all the inbetween bottoms line-up, each new bottom being higher than the one before, which means that does zigzags have been purchases on the part of the manipulators.

So although TA is not an exact science, it's looking really good here, like really really good.

portdavenport

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:15:49 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 12:33:36 AM by portdavenport

I think we're going through a quiet period before picking up speed again.

Vericoin has been bruised and dusted a little due to some important challenges, but by holding reasonably steady with a price around exchanges of around 30'000 satoshis, it's relatively stable.
While it appears the coin price isn't going anywhere, what's really going on is an 'Accumulation' of VRC wealth as it rides small waves of ups and downs from 30k to 36k over and over.

The important thing is it hasn't crashed to 15k or even 10k. The community, the developers and even the traders and investors are supporting it. So far, such a drop hasn't happened. If it did, a lot of people, even whales stand to loose too much money.

If it weren't for the MP security issue (which was not Vericoin's fault), all indicators were showing that VRC was about to see more investment growth.

The point now is that Vericoin has successfully weathered through it's first major storm, and these tests will define what makes or breaks a coin over time.

Look for the new Android Wallet.
Look for the new Website.

Another few good news reports, social media support, and some new features and I think we'll see Vericoin back on the move again.

portdavenport

PS. I think the only thing the VRC community and devs need to be mindful about is what happened to Mint coin. Proof of Stake was in its infancy and the DEVs essentially dumped their premine and then took off.
Too many people had large amounts of MINT staking in their wallets, and there was very little if any transparency from the Mintcoin DEV teams encouraging active merchant use or places for people to spend their Mintcoin.

Confidence was lost, and the value of Mintcoin dropped as more and more people dumped their coins.

Vericoin has been different. We know who the DEVs are and so far they have supported their coin along with the community. All we need to do is encourage VRC spending, promote the coin and develop a business/retail community around it with lots of practical, and accessible features that make transacting digital currency easier. I personally love how fast the transactions for VRC are. I can move VRC around the net within minutes.

Vericoin is still a coin to watch.
Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: