Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:45:08 PM

Does any one know if pool payouts are delayed? My last payment from the pool was 7/21.

Same here, last payout was 7/21, a few others in IRC have said the same thing and devs are looking into it I hope.

Last payout for me was just yesterday 7/22.  Pool looks like it is down for maintenance now

EDIT:  Back online

We are currently looking into payout delay issue for some.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:54:58 PM

Regarding payout delays for VeriPool:  The Optimized Buying Algorithm saw that the price was sagging and is waiting for the trough to do most of the VeriCoin purchasing.  That is why there is a delay, but you get more coin!
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:56:37 PM

We are serious about getting VeriCoin to the masses and we are building a program to achieve this goal! Be a regional team leader for VeriCoin! Telling merchants and the public why VRC and cryptocurrency!  Sign up for the VeriLeader Regional Project if interested:
http://veritalk.info/index.php/topic,87.0.html

Make sure you start with the right demographics (young and computer literate). Mom and pop who can't program an 80s vcr machine should be at the bottom of the list of priorities, they'll only slow you down and waist your funds, you'll get nothing out of them.

effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:00:52 PM

For those of you on windows that have a white screen appear after clicking the "Buy VeriCoin" button, we should have this resolved by the end of the day today, or tonight.  Thanks for you patience, nothing else is effected in the wallet by this so you can continue using the wallet normally.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:10:32 PM

the blank screen for VRC/Fiat is a  known issue affecting windows users and the Devs are currently working on a fix for it, as for the pool I'm not sure except maybe a drop in hashrate has caused a slow down in payouts, can't say for sure

thx for your reply. The blank Screen is not that bad, it was just an Information for the devs. But some post above a user wrote that he gets more out of the ming pool than usual. If i get less then there is maybe a problem.

What is your hashrate ? Sometimes it dont come in for a few hours but I can see its working because its a bigger payout

I tried both using the same directory as 1.3.3 and I tried a different directory.

I installed 1.3.4 and ran into the error. I also tried reinstalling 1.3.3 and I now get it with that version too where I never did before.

I was getting an error when I tried to install the new version too.  I actually had to uninstall from Add/Remove first, moved my wallet.dat to my desktop, removed the whole Vericoin folder in under user name\AppData\Roaming\Vericoin, restarted my PC and then reinstalled using the new Setup.  After it was done it complained about not having the wallet.dat but gave the option to import which i did by browsing to my desktop and selecting it.  After that it went on to sync normally.  You may want to try and disable any Antivirus you have also.  I believe that was one step I took also.

I tried all that except I never rebooted my box. I'll try that. Thanks.

leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:49:12 PM

Yet you will not help me make another one for the community because it would be competition for you. Not only will you not help me, you chose to attack me.

I don't recall a single pm or email or irc message or any communication from you asking for help with a faucet. That's why I haven't helped you. Because you haven't asked.

My telepathy skills are a bit rusty, sorry.

If you are actually serious about running a faucet, message me when you've got vericoind set up on a server.

SeDz

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:59:06 PM

sold all my vrc yesterday.. its going to drop 10-15k again..

Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:07:35 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 11:00:07 PM by Reavon

my friend why? Its a huge beartrap dont you see action is goin on by friday we will be volume kings on allexchanges and whale will jump in because they see liquidity.

This coin get teared arround so much... but at the end you will see the Phoenix rise !

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:11:36 PM

FUD Trash, its a great time to buy because VRC will back to 30k soon.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:11:47 PM

Every time before we where at a technical make or break point, we would get news about something "soon". Any chance to make healthy corrections where lost during the pumps. Now I think the day traders realize this won't go up 100% a day everyday and they are panic'd.

F'kin idiots.

Meanwhile, Everyone runs around like a chicken with their head cut off, No leadership, sigh.

Lost 1/3 our value in a day. Anytime I tried to get things on track, nothing. Nobody is near NYC that can try to make an effort to go outside and drop a paper wallet in a few iconic locations and create a game and some buzz about vericoin? Honestly, where is the coordination, the "team" is 3 people and a loosely affiliated gang of helpers is madness. Where do people go to solve issues, and create things for VRC?

I want to help create something big here but the more I think about it. Current money flow is showing that people are giving up on vericoin in masses in the last day alone? How are we going to create anything, bring in any support and create products for vericoin if nobody knows / cares about it?

I am so frustrated its hard to put into words. We can do better, but the more I think about it. Maybe its time to move on if nobody else gets it, or cares to make it better. I am sure someone will chime in and say this or that, but the fact of the matter is the products aren't wowing people enough. The words and hype created was bigger than any feature we released, and this is sad. Simply having a vision to be mainstream doesn't look like its going to be enough.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
aciddbboy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:19:36 PM

Looks like Daikoku10Crypto Has dumped his coins .
leckey

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:27:17 PM

The words and hype created was bigger than any feature we released

Well I blame wiz for that one - namedropping celebrities and mouthing about a big extravagant launch party in miami etc etc. So far, everything the devs have said they'd do, they've done. And if the only thing they're not doing right is PR/marketing - then there's no cause for all this panic.

ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:27:32 PM

Every time before we where at a technical make or break point, we would get news about something "soon". Any chance to make healthy corrections where lost during the pumps. Now I think the day traders realize this won't go up 100% a day everyday and they are panic'd.

F'kin idiots.

Meanwhile, Everyone runs around like a chicken with their head cut off, No leadership, sigh.

Lost 1/3 my value in a day. Anytime I tried to get things on track, nothing. Nobody is near NYC that can try to make an effort to go outside and drop a paper wallet in a few iconic locations and create a game and some buzz about vericoin? Honestly, where is the coordination, the "team" is 3 people and a loosely affiliated gang of helpers is madness. Where do people go to solve issues, and create things for VRC?

I want to help create something big here but the more I think about it. Current money flow is showing that people are giving up on vericoin in masses in the last day alone? How are we going to create anything, bring in any support and create products for vericoin if nobody knows / cares about it?

I am so frustrated its hard to put into words. We can do better, but the more I think about it. Maybe its time to move on if nobody else gets it, or cares to make it better. I am sure someone will chime in and say this or that, but the fact of the matter is the products aren't wowing people enough. The words and hype created was bigger than any feature we released, and this is sad. Simply having a vision to be mainstream doesn't look like its going to be enough.

An early market like this one is created and sustained by smart market makers, not by easily panic'd daytraders and small investors. When Bitcoin was created, there wasn't big competition around. Right now we have some 250 coins around and a new one released every other day. So, we need to continue developing the community and it will not surge steadily and continuously.
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:28:45 PM

FUD Trash, its a great time to buy because VRC will back to 30k soon.

Once it broke 28, the TA charts have indications for low 20's.    10-15, tuff sell...
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:34:46 PM

F'kin idiots.

Lost 1/3 our value in a day. Anytime I tried to get things on track, nothing. Nobody is near NYC that can try to make an effort to go outside and drop a paper wallet in a few iconic locations and create a game and some buzz about vericoin? Honestly, where is the coordination, the "team" is 3 people and a loosely affiliated gang of helpers is madness. Where do people go to solve issues, and create things for VRC?

You sound like a VeriLeader:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg7988162#msg7988162
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:35:42 PM

F'kin idiots.

Alot of people go to the IRC for support/ideas since this thread has been flooded with baseless accusations, lies, name calling, and general unsavoriness

Also of note, the Devs have day jobs/lives and besides that work hard on improving and developing VRC so as you might imagine that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to dig through the 30+ pages a day posted here to hand-hold every person with doubts

If you would like to try to coordinate projects better I would suggest joining the IRC where most active and productive community members reside and we will be happy to help you

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:35:50 PM

I see massive manipulation of price. How far will they go, who knows...
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:38:00 PM

The words and hype created was bigger than any feature we released

Well I blame wiz for that one - namedropping celebrities and mouthing about a big extravagant launch party in miami etc etc. So far, everything the devs have said they'd do, they've done. And if the only thing they're not doing right is PR/marketing - then there's no cause for all this panic.

Anyone that thought that Wiz guy was for real should just stop investing now. His inability to make eye contact, constant blinking, and putting his hand over his mouth are all tall tail signed it was all BS. Nevertheless at the end of his talk when he said "yo and I'm not even lying". Who says something like that after they make a statement if that thought wasn't going through their own head?

I'm not even lying Wink
BITCOINBITCH

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:44:15 PM

This is why YOU don't use coke kiddies!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sGVB9fAY8g

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery!
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:47:46 PM

F'kin idiots.

I have had a awesome idea that I think Vericoin would be perfect to implement but unfortunately haven't had the time to begin. If you look back at my chat history it was probably March maybe Feb where I was on the old Takeicoin chat room (haha poor Takeicoin) where a group of friends and I were looking to team-up with a coin project to integrate a new non-profit organization dedicated to integrating crypto currencies into the charity world.

We were dead serious about making this happen, I had a team of 5 people - three of us here in Minneapolis, 1 in Cali and 1 in China that were all on board with making the project work. Unfortunately we got tied up with 1 critical issue; easily process whatever the altcoin was (at the time we decided to try to partner with Takeicoin) into bitcoin. See from a legal standpoint if someone wanted to make a donation to a charity and say they use <insert altcoin name here> somebody would have to instantly convert that coin into bitcoin so we could tie it into bitpay so the charity actually received USD. We talked to a variety of charities that were totally on board with the project under the condition they receive the donation is USD.

The thought was:
1. Person send altcoin
2. Altcoin converted instantly to bitcoin
3. Bitcoin converted to USD (bitpay.com)
4. Huh??
5. Profit

As I've said before the problem we faced was step #2. Converting altcoin into bitcoin instantly. Well that's 100% why I decided to put my money behind VRC because when I saw a dev team actually accomplished this feat I thought to myself "man someone finally did it".

Truth is now, thanks to Veribit we would be able to actually launch the project. Problem is now, I left my job 2 months ago to start my own company and now don't have the time to take on a whole extra project. There is still the issue of scalability because if I wanted to donated $10,000 to a charity and use Veribit I don't believe it has the ability to scale to that degree.

If you tie in the use of bitcoin ATM we had this theory that now somebody could in theory be standing at a mall, insert $1 into the machine, send it to a charity anywhere in the world instantly - and that charity would receive that payment the next day, in full (minus small transaction fees) in USD.

Anyway, just some food for thought. Perhaps this fall/winter will be a good time to kick start this idea again but the point I'm trying to say is that there are ways to use this coin for amazing things. We just need to start thinking outside the box.  
Pages: « 1 ... 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: