Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:58:14 AM

I hope someone can help me with this. I have an unconfirmed transaction in my wallet. It appears since the rollback. I got the coins back from mintpal, now I want to get rid of this message (s.picture)

Second Problem is the  appearing message (s.picture). I don't know why i get a Network alert from Version 1.3.3. because i have installed 1.3.4.

I still don't get any payouts from the mining pool.

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:01:12 AM

Just Got a confirmation  from a famous German cryptocoin blogger he write about the Mintpal ,  vericoin incident as soon as possible.
I asked him  several days after the happening .  Follow him on twitter
@BTC_de_Blog.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:03:06 AM

(...)
I don't want to FUD, but I am trying to say the fact. You guys can look at my post history and tell.

Did that and there´s nothing in it confirming the allegations you posted here.

So for me you are most likely in the same altcoin rapist PnD group as phzi and BobBlob.

KidenceBgd

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

VeRiCoIn :)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:04:47 AM

portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:10:07 AM

I hope someone can help me with this. I have an unconfirmed transaction in my wallet. It appears since the rollback. I got the coins back from mintpal, now I want to get rid of this message (s.picture)

Second Problem is the  appearing message (s.picture). I don't know why i get a Network alert from Version 1.3.3. because i have installed 1.3.4.

What operating system are you on?

You need wallet version 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 (NB. Buy VRC in 1.3.4 is still being worked on; but this feature works in Mac/Linux).

If Windows. Have you cleared in your C:\User directory of all files and folders EXCEPT: wallet.dat, vericoin.conf, and peers.dat KEEP THESE 3 FILES (NEVER DELETE YOUR WALLET.dat file !!!!).

Path
C:\User\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Vericoin

Make sure this directory is empty only with only your Wallet.dat file in it. You can retain vericoin.conf and peers.dat if you like too (optional).

Uninstall and reinstall the App.

Check the bootstrap file for faster syncs during the installation process.

Start the wallet and watch the size of the bootstrap.dat file in the directory. This file needs to get to about 86MB in size before the application will open, and may take up to 45mins.

Allow your wallet to resync.

If you are still have issue with confirms, press the CHAT button on your wallet to enter IRC CHAT.
Say to the group members you have issues sync'ing your unconfirmed coins and somebody will help you more from there.

Good Luck.

portdavenport
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:10:52 AM

I think the most important and encouraging in the VeriCoin operation is that the devs are still interested in the project and working on adding new features. The price goes up and down, right now is down, but the hard work and the release of usable features will take care of the price increase. This is a legit dev team, as PNosker said they are real people building a real money. This transparency is a very unique attribute in the scam driven alt coin market.

Right now people are upset, but 50-100% price swing happens all the time even with real business operation. In the place Russia where I have been dealing/trading/funding IT, telecom and software companies I had experienced with a few 3000% price drop in the last 25 years, there were dead bodies all over the offices, so this is a very calm environment compared to that one, here is even the crypto-history maker scummer pumper WizRig is alive, so nothing dramatic happened here. Price drops are part of the business, even bitcoin has gone through several swing. Again, the hard work from the devs will take care of the price and the future of the coin still very bright.

Which is very encouraging to me that it seems the Devs are finally working on what really matters, the decentralized app feature. No one cares about VeriBit (why would anyone want it when we can pay with bitcoin, no wonder there is only 6 VeriBit users worldwide), the FIAT feature could be useful for a few people but nothing is innovative nor exciting in the FIAT feature, but a decentralized market place or exchange could be a game changer. Please focus on that and try to roll out at least a basic app that implements decentralized features. As you know there are incredible capable and smart people working on decentralized apps, Ethereum, Skycoin, even ViaCoin with the Counterparty inegration, etc., so the competition is fierce, that's why would be important that the Devs try to release at least a very basic but working decentralized app as soon as it is possible. As you know better than I do you compete with very smart guys like Dr. Wood from Ethereum http://www.gavwood.com/Paper.pdf , but if you have something that works (even if it is a very basic app) you can be the winner in this race.

There are many people like myself who invested a lot into VeriCoin, we are not overly worry about short term price changes and willing to invest lot more if things are going in the right direction. Please implement the decentralized feature and I guaranty you many more investment will come not from pumpers but from real investors.

Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:16:09 AM

Second Problem is the  appearing message (s.picture). I don't know why i get a Network alert from Version 1.3.3. because i have installed 1.3.4.

The unconfirmed will disappear as soon you you use a new address for your vericoin. This not much of a problem,  the payouts  for the pool are dependent by the buy algo.  It decides to buy lower so get more coin you win from waiting.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Taurenchief

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:17:29 AM

(...)
I don't want to FUD, but I am trying to say the fact. You guys can look at my post history and tell.

Did that and there´s nothing in it confirming the allegations you posted here.

So for me you are most likely in the same altcoin rapist PnD group as phzi and BobBlob.

Based on what you reply, you are just getting around the fact(what my main claim is).
If I were you, I would not reply like you and rather reply with fact.

Look at my history, do you see any association between me and the two people you mention? How can you just claim we are in same group?

Do you call anyone who say honest opinion as FUD?

What is wrong with you?

I am here because when I look through btt and found that I lost because of the rollback in the early days which should not be done when a fork happens (in early days I didn't realize it was a mistake, but now I do)
KidenceBgd

Activity: 66

VeRiCoIn :)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:21:28 AM

setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:25:26 AM

Thx to reavon and portdavenport. I reinstalled Version 1.3.4. it's synching now. I deleted all files in the roaming Folder (win7/64bit) uninstalled the wallet and reinstalled it with the newest Version. The Network alert message still appears. When it's synched i will generate a new adress and hope that the unconfirmed message disappears.

if I have more questions i will ask them in the chat

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:31:49 AM

(...)
I am here because when I look through btt and found that I lost because of the rollback in the early days which should not be done when a fork happens (in early days I didn't realize it was a mistake, but now I do)

Again, there is nothing in your post history to back up your claims, you did not even post about vericoin until now.

So you better provide evidence for your allegations - which of course you don´t have.

So yes, you are just trolling - good luck with that - appreciate your efforts.

defier

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:48:54 AM

This is a hard-fork for internal reasons, not a blockchain rollback for external reasons - HUGE difference.  It was done because the protocol wasn't implemented properly, not because some third-party exchange messed up.

Obviously you need to learn your terminology...

Bitcoin used a hard-fork, which caused that block to be invalid and unacceptable (because it was)...  Nothing was invalid or unacceptable (protocol-wise) about the block that VRC rolled back to.

Spin it how you like, but the fact remains. 
Someone found a way to get lots of BTC free.  And that would've destroyed the coin.  So rather than just Fixing, Forking, and moving forward, they Rolledback BTC to the point that eliminated the coins.

Were not all BTC created to that point, mined under the "improperly implemented protocol"?  Why did the Rollback stop where the billions of BTC were created?  A Purist would want the exploiter to keep the billions, rather than GASP Rollback and save BTC. 

The MP hack wasn't a VRC problem.  But someone ended up with lots illegitimate coins, and the rest is history. 

Regardless what happens to VRC, the rollback was a good thing.  Even if it dies, stopping the thieves from becoming millionaires is worth sacrificing my few thousand coin. 

2 more Facts.  We know who the Vericoin devs are.  And it is easy to see their commitment level, to the coin. 

One almost certainty in crypto, try to do good and someone will FUD you for profit. 
After all profit is more important than integrity, honesty, and even crypto itself.  amIright?
mtomcdev

Activity: 310

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:49:09 AM

I think the most important and encouraging in the VeriCoin operation is that the devs are still interested in the project and working on adding new features. The price goes up and down, right now is down, but the hard work and the release of usable features will take care of the price increase. This is a legit dev team, as PNosker said they are real people building a real money. This transparency is a very unique attribute in the scam driven alt coin market.

Right now people are upset, but 50-100% price swing happens all the time even with real business operation. In the place Russia where I have been dealing/trading/funding IT, telecom and software companies I had experienced with a few 3000% price drop in the last 25 years, there were dead bodies all over the offices, so this is a very calm environment compared to that one, here is even the crypto-history maker scummer pumper WizRig is alive, so nothing dramatic happened here. Price drops are part of the business, even bitcoin has gone through several swing. Again, the hard work from the devs will take care of the price and the future of the coin still very bright.

Which is very encouraging to me that it seems the Devs are finally working on what really matters, the decentralized app feature. No one cares about VeriBit (why would anyone want it when we can pay with bitcoin, no wonder there is only 6 VeriBit users worldwide), the FIAT feature could be useful for a few people but nothing is innovative nor exciting in the FIAT feature, but a decentralized market place or exchange could be a game changer. Please focus on that and try to roll out at least a basic app that implements decentralized features. As you know there are incredible capable and smart people working on decentralized apps, Ethereum, Skycoin, even ViaCoin with the Counterparty inegration, etc., so the competition is fierce, that's why would be important that the Devs try to release at least a very basic but working decentralized app as soon as it is possible. As you know better than I do you compete with very smart guys like Dr. Wood from Ethereum http://www.gavwood.com/Paper.pdf , but if you have something that works (even if it is a very basic app) you can be the winner in this race.

There are many people like myself who invested a lot into VeriCoin, we are not overly worry about short term price changes and willing to invest lot more if things are going in the right direction. Please implement the decentralized feature and I guaranty you many more investment will come not from pumpers but from real investors.

Decentralized apps and smart contracts combined with digital currency are the future. See Ethereum, $3.5 million investment in 24 hours.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:58:23 AM

price is really tanking , 12btc sell wall at 20k whats going on ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:03:40 AM

Decentralized apps and smart contracts combined with digital currency are the future. See Ethereum, $3.5 million investment in 24 hours.

Yeah, I was about to mention the Ethereum IPO and other Blockchain 2.0 platforms such as Swarm & NXT. If VeriCoin does not become a Blockchain 2.0 organisation then it is a guaranteed failure, no ifs and no buts.

It really would be nice to know what the developers are planning going forward. Days, weeks, months, and years. Where is the vision for us to follow? All these roadmaps we had before, talks of this and that. And in the past few days, its like Patrick went silent on twitter ect, David never speaks, And Doug looks like he has been trying his hardest. We have a VeriCoin party in a few days right? Shouldn't we be building excitement, rather than fizzling out right now? I had a idea to promote vericoin before the party in the financial hub of the world that nobody seems to care about. If not that, can something else be done? Or is it our goal to underwhelm all the investors, and people concerned with the party?

Can we have the vision laid out of whats going on by the devs? Where we are headed, whats in the pipeline of innovation? No hard deadlines are needed, The investors just need to know that their is a clear plan, and its being followed. Right now people are investing in vericoin for a lot of reasons. It would be great if people knew what they where investing in. Investing in the "mainstream" crypto is NOT working for us.

But just a general, who is vericoin, what are we, and where are we going would be EXTREMELY helpful.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mtomcdev

Activity: 310

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:09:08 AM

Yeah, I was about to mention the Ethereum IPO and other Blockchain 2.0 platforms such as Swarm & NXT. If VeriCoin does not become a Blockchain 2.0 organisation then it is a guaranteed failure like all the other shitcoins with a limited lifespan, no ifs and no buts.

Ethereum is still 4-5 months away from the release if that ever happens at all, their terms of conditions promises nothing. It seems Skycoin is still far from the release too. Perhaps vericoin will be the first? As you said a blockchain 2 tech is a good opportunity for vercoin to be one of the very few alt currencies that's going to stay alive.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:25:39 AM

I don't care about the price actually, because for me VRC is a Long term Investment (if i would care i'd have to cry because i lost 50% of my Investment)
But what really shocks me is the poor quality. Im running the Wallet 1.3.4. I permanently get Network Alert messages from the previous version, that i've uninstalled as discribed. Also Malwarebytes is popping up from time to time and tries to block the wallet.
The fiat button doesn't work (only blanksreen). That's not too bad, because it's in an early stage.
But what really makes me angry is: I don't get any payouts from the miner since days. I told my Problem here and on irc but nothing changed. In Europe the electricity costs are immens, so please take care that it works correctly.

Regards,
Michael
Shitty devs are shitty devs.  Adding a bunch of centralized web-based features to the QT client doesn't equate to a good coin.  Reverting a blockchain to save an exchange is awful, and set a precedent for the future of this coin (meaning, it has no real future).  People will always look back on this coin's history and go, "ah right, the devs that 51% attacked their own coin..."

Wow PHZI Promotes theft & scammers. He must have some scammers in his inner circle of trust .
CryptoLTD

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:28:58 AM

You guys really need to learn your Bitcoin history! Bitcoin had been rolledback!

8th August 2010 - 92 billion BTC into existence

On 8th August 2010 bitcoin developer Jeff Garzik wrote what could be mildly described as the biggest understatement since Apollo 13 told Houston: “We’ve had a problem here.”. “The ‘value out’ in this block is quite strange,” he wrote on bitcointalk.org, referring to a block that had somehow contained 92 billion BTC, which is precisely 91,979,000,000 more bitcoin than is ever supposed to exist. CVE-2010-5139 (CVE meaning ‘common vulnerability and exposures’) was frighteningly simple and exploited to the point of farce by an unknown attacker. In technical language, the bug is known as a number overflow error.So instead of the system counting up 98, 99, 100, 101, for example, it broke at 99 and went to zero (or -100) instead of 100. In layman’s terms, someone found a way to flood the code and create a ridiculously large amount of bitcoin in the process.

The fix was the bitcoin equivalent of dying in a video game and restarting from the last save point. The community simply hit ‘undo’, jumping back to the point in the blockchain before the hack occurred and starting anew from there; all of the transactions made after the bug was exploited – but before the fix was implemented – were effectively cancelled.

How serious was it? Bitcoin’s lead developer Wladimir Van Der Laan is pretty blunt about it, telling me: “It was the worst problem ever.”

Source1: http://www.coindesk.com/9-biggest-screwups-bitcoin-history/
Source2: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822.0
This is a hard-fork for internal reasons, not a blockchain rollback for external reasons - HUGE difference.  It was done because the protocol wasn't implemented properly, not because some third-party exchange messed up.

Obviously you need to learn your terminology...

Bitcoin used a hard-fork, which caused that block to be invalid and unacceptable (because it was)...  Nothing was invalid or unacceptable (protocol-wise) about the block that VRC rolled back to.

There are hard-forks, forks, and blockchain rollbacks (essentially, large blockchain re-organizations).

Hard-forks are performed because there is a bug in the software that needs fixing - a fault in the software itself.
Bitcoin has had a few emergency hard-forks; 2 to be exact.  These are positive changes - they show that the developers and community are on top of things, and capable of fixing the protocol or protocol implementation when necessary.

Forks are when there are two competing blockchains - this is usually a bad thing.  Simple forks are often caused when there are protocol version conflicts, and the longer chain stops getting accepted by a set of nodes, who then branch into their own chain.  Forks are almost always a bad thing.

Blockchain rollbacks and re-orgs happen when someone 51% attacks the network, or for the first time with VRC, when devs decide to force a revert to a previous checkpoint.  Blockchain re-organizations (rollbacks) are VERY BAD.  They show that the network has NO orphan security, and that you very simply should not trust your money on that blockchain.

A fork is not a fork.  Anyone that says that has no idea what they are talking about, and you probably shouldn't believe anything else they clai

And, FFS... the big and red text doesn't make your point more valid - it just makes you look desperate.

I wonder if the merchants that took BTC when it got rolled back got reimbursed, oh.. yea.. ofc they dident. So PHZI, what scam coins and scam devs do you promote? Its pretty obvious you want the ability to steal and be malicious. Is this why you are trolling this forum, because society shuns you and your fucked up morals?
CryptoLTD

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:31:29 AM

WOW PHZI PROMOTES THEFT NO WONDER HE TROLLS THIS FORUM, SOCIETY HAS SHUNNED HIM.
[/b]
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:34:45 AM

[/quote]

I wonder if the merchants that took BTC when it got rolled back got reimbursed, oh.. yea.. ofc they dident. So PHZI, what scam coins and scam devs do you promote? Its pretty obvious you want the ability to steal and be malicious. Is this why you are trolling this forum, because society shuns you and your fucked up morals?
[/quote]

Do you have any proof their not getting reimbursed or are u just assuming?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: