Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 06:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:48:55 AM

lol - yeah like a free how to speak Latin CD  Cheesy
Burnt of course.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:49:14 AM

Here's what concerns me about the "10 million coins staking" thing. This is not FUD, I am a bagholder like the rest of you, and the other 10 million coinholders.

So, there are only some 5 million coins being traded on exchanges currently, and the price is going down down down to pussy town. Doesn't that mean that there isn't even enough demand for that 5 million odd coins that ARE actually on exchanges to keep the price up?

So isn't that a BAD thing? correct me if I'm wrong, I really hope I am..

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:00:01 AM

Not a single word from the developers the past couple of days? Not a peep..

I know it's not their job to keep the prices up, or create hype, or any of that jazz.

But seriously, not a word? Not a single update? How's the Android wallet coming along, how's the iOS wallet? If the fiat wallet going to be implemented properly at all? A button linking to moolah is seriously dissapointing..

New website that was due a week ago? Anything, anything at all would be GREAT =D

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:01:54 AM

Just ordered 4 s3 ant miners that will be pointed at that VeriPool through the cold NY winters! Love the free heat.

August 7 is the first avail order. The first batch date already sold out.

I've been looking at the S3. I currently have four S1s and if the S3 puts out anywhere near the heat of the S1, you'll have no problem heating your house. Smiley

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:04:08 AM

I know it's not their job to keep the prices up, or create hype, or any of that jazz.

But seriously, not a word? Not a single update? How's the Android wallet coming along, how's the iOS wallet? If the fiat wallet going to be implemented properly at all? A button linking to moolah is seriously dissapointing..

New website that was due a week ago? Anything, anything at all would be GREAT =D

incorrect they have posted in here everyday and have been on IRC not their fault if their posts get buried under tons of BS posts, try following them on twitter

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:04:41 AM

Where have you been? Two of the three devs posted on this thread earlier today.

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:07:14 AM

I've been sleeping overnight (I live in Australia).

I'll look through the last few pages of nonsense to see what they've had to say.

Remind me what their handles are, there's pnosker and the other two are?

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:08:47 AM

I'll look through the last few pages of nonsense to see what they've had to say.

Both pnosker and effectsToCause have posted today.

buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:11:51 AM

Just ordered 4 s3 ant miners that will be pointed at that VeriPool through the cold NY winters! Love the free heat.

I've been looking at the S3. I currently have four S1s and if the S3 puts out anywhere near the heat of the S1, you'll have no problem heating your house. Smiley

Did you manage to make a positive ROI on those?

Never really wanted to get into btc mining again, but it seems like the timing worked out really well with this batch. Pretty efficient for the price.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:14:45 AM

Did you manage to make a positive ROI on those?

Never really wanted to get into btc mining again, but it seems like the timing worked out really well with this batch. Pretty efficient for the price.

I make pretty good money with my S1s by leasing them out. When they are not leased out, I do manage to get some mining in, but they are still profitable for me.

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:18:02 AM

Any upcoming news?
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:18:25 AM

Ok after scrolling through several pages of nonsense I found one pose from effectstocause saying that we have had these sorts of "price fluctuations" before so to just "keep holding".

That's it, no updates of features, nothing. Hardly a reassuring post if you ask me... What happened to the roadmap, what happened to the new website? WHAT IS HAPPENING AT ALL??

A "buy Vericoin" button that links to a website, are you serious? I'm not much of a programmer and I could have implemented that button in about 3 minutes...

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:21:17 AM

Again, I'm not trying to FUD here.. I want Vericoin to succeed as much as anyone. But I'm starting to wonder if I've just been fooling myself that the developers are actually capable of implementing real advances and innovation in this coin.

I've tried speaking with them regarding some ideas I have to help, nobody seems interested to listen or discuss anything.

They seem absent, giving a minimal number of f*%#s, not much greater than zero...

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:22:48 AM

effectsToCause (Doug) has written yesterday about developing a new method of anonymity that can compete with the best of them.

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:28:23 AM

Ok after scrolling through several pages of nonsense I found one pose from effectstocause saying that we have had these sorts of "price fluctuations" before so to just "keep holding".

That's it, no updates of features, nothing. Hardly a reassuring post if you ask me... What happened to the roadmap, what happened to the new website? WHAT IS HAPPENING AT ALL??

A "buy Vericoin" button that links to a website, are you serious? I'm not much of a programmer and I could have implemented that button in about 3 minutes...

You said "Not a single word from the developers the past couple of days? Not a peep.."

Well here a few that they gave today:

pnosker
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8006765#msg8006765
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8009434#msg8009434

effectsToCause
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8004939#msg8004939
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8005416#msg8005416
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8006707#msg8006707
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8007025#msg8007025

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:28:49 AM

effectsToCause (Doug) has written yesterday about developing a new method of anonymity that can compete with the best of them.

Tbh, i couldn't care less about anonymity.. What's the big deal with anonymity really!!?? Are we all just drug dealers and scammers that all we care about is anonymity?

I propose the opposite of anonymity, VERIFICATION! As an option of course. Surely a coin like VERIcoin could see the value of true verification attached to wallets?

"Vericoin Verified" anyone?

Which would you feel more comfortable with, sending your money to a merchant with a verified identity, or sending money to a merchant with an anonymous and untraceable transaction??

Seriously, anonymity is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of for a currency that is supposed to be going MAINSTREAM? It's completely counter intuitive..

Lets discuss =)

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:33:15 AM

You said "Not a single word from the developers the past couple of days? Not a peep.."

pnosker

effectsToCause

Let me sum up the general gist of those posts:

Patrick:
"Fork"
"Hold"

Effects:
"Hold"
"OBA"
"Hangout, whats to come!? No info though."
"Hold"

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:35:47 AM

pnosker

effectsToCause

Let me sum up the general gist of those posts:

Patrick:
"Fork"
"Hold"

Effects:
"Hold"
"OBA"
"Hangout, whats to come!? No info though."
"Hold"

What do you want then? You said "Not a peep." Those look like peeps to me.

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:39:30 AM

Tbh, i couldn't care less about anonymity.. What's the big deal with anonymity really!!?? Are we all just drug dealers and scammers that all we care about is anonymity?

I propose the opposite of anonymity, VERIFICATION! As an option of course. Surely a coin like VERIcoin could see the value of true verification attached to wallets?

Which would you feel more comfortable with, sending your money to a merchant with a verified identity, or sending money to a merchant with an anonymous and untraceable transaction??

Seriously, anonymity is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of for a currency that is supposed to be going MAINSTREAM? It's completely counter intuitive..

Lets discuss =)

Anyone care to discuss?

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:41:00 AM

Lets discuss =)

Why can't we do both...VERIfied and VeriSend!

Being verified would set us apart from the rest of the pack and make us more acceptable as a true currency!

VeriSend could be the anonymous feature for a choice for the user.

We would defiantly get a lot of FUD for implementing this feature of being VERIfied...but again we would be the only coin doing it. Merchants would be put at ease knowing exactly who they are dealing with.
Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: