Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:36:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:14:21 PM

yeah.. i had expected a lot more with fiat/vrc wallet..Sad

Well the Fiat/vrc in wallet sounds great.

but this implementation brings nothing in the end.
It's just a link to a Website.

Let's not sugar coat it. The fiat wallet implementation is a massive disappointment...

Where are the devs?? Helloooooo?

Don't tell me they're not reading this..

Fuck it. I'm starting my own coin.

Who's with me?
you can only link dots looking backwards.. these guys are smart (tho naive), they would know that that fiat wallet was crap and they risked looking dumb releasing that, so i can only guess, there must be something coming out, and it's all linked together ~ this downtrend, the silence. they can't be that dumb. i'm not being overly optimistic, just my gut. why try so much to save a coin from hackers to let it fall to nothing? IMHO
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:14:56 PM

We where saying, at least I was for weeks how innovative it was going to be as I was lead to believe from the promises. Essentially we where saying that we innovated this. It ended up to be nothing more innovative than the forum link that has been in the wallet for weeks.

We created this lofty expectation, and then we underwhelmed people. It was no wonder the price came down. I think this is a trend that can be reversed with a serious shift in strategy to better use strengths of the community. The backbone of Vericoin is the community. The one that went through hell and back, the devs who led us out of that time, and those who wish to make this a positive.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:15:41 PM

Let's not sugar coat it. The fiat wallet implementation is a massive disappointment...

Where are the devs?? Helloooooo?

Don't tell me they're not reading this..

Fuck it. I'm starting my own coin.

Who's with me?

I'm not sure how many times we need to say this, but we were aiming to make a direct CC FIAT/VRC system however due to the fact that we are all in the USA and require FINCED compliance as well as other legal compliance we couldn't do that.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:15:59 PM

Hi,all
I can't sync my wallet.

what version are you on, and windows, mac, linux?

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:17:12 PM

We where saying, at least I was for weeks how innovative it was going to be as I was lead to believe from the promises. Essentially we where saying that we innovated this. It ended up to be nothing more innovative than the forum link that has been in the wallet for weeks.

We created this lofty expectation, and then we underwhelmed people. It was no wonder the price came down. I think this is a trend that can be reversed with a serious shift in strategy to better use strengths of the community. The backbone of Vericoin is the community. The one that went through hell and back, the devs who led us out of that time, and those who wish to make this a positive.

I completely agree. We have a great community and we need it to help VeriCoin thrive. Bitcoin core developers do very little compared to the community. The same goes for the LTC core devs, and Doge core devs. It's all about the community.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:46:37 PM

Comments on VeriCoin from an academic economist:

http://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin/comments/2bop8l/comments_on_vericoin_from_an_academic_economist/

Interesting theory on staking with a variable interest rate. It may have saved VeriCoin...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
pi933

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:48:45 PM

I'm not sure how many times we need to say this, but we were aiming to make a direct CC FIAT/VRC system however due to the fact that we are all in the USA and require FINCED compliance as well as other legal compliance we couldn't do that.

Don't sit on this just thinking it's too hard to pull off (not suggesting you are...). Get the ball rolling now and knock out the obstacles as they come, even slowly will do. It'll get done and be a huge feature. The masses need this to be as simple as possible,
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:58:37 PM

More exposure today for VeriCoin: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/vericoin-review-unique-coin-decentralized-pos/2014/07/25

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:58:55 PM

Don't sit on this just thinking it's too hard to pull off (not suggesting you are...). Get the ball rolling now and knock out the obstacles as they come, even slowly will do. It'll get done and be a huge feature. The masses need this to be as simple as possible,

that means they have to be a currency and a bank at the same time -- (i.e like coinbase, bit pay / federal reserve)..
if you go back in history, coinbase & bitpay = modern banks
pi933

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:14:26 PM

that means they have to be a currency and a bank at the same time -- (i.e like coinbase, bit pay / federal reserve)..
if you go back in history, coinbase & bitpay = modern banks

I am sure this has been discussed ad nauseam all over the cryto world (I'm still ramping up) but how about considering VRC a product and not a currency? They'd simply be selling their product from within the wallet. I would be worried future regulations (possibly current) could stop this in its tracks...
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:18:58 PM

All can vote for VeriCoin here;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0

or you can vote for StealthCoin  Grin
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:33:22 PM

I have created a  raw Whitepaper which will do something i think will implement all VeriCoins features in one
decentrlised and Easy to use one.

My idea creats a concept to not beeing dependet of Moolah to buy VRC/Fiat. Also the buying of VRC/FIAT in my created idea supports VRC/BTC price and it will be decentrelised because you do it all out from your wallet. Also decentrelised VeriSend and VeriBit.

I have to write it now on my computer with some nice Graphics could take some days. (its only on Paper now.)

My motivation for this Idea was the Huge failure of Mintpal by handling our Coins so inappropriate on a hotwallet , thats why i rant on them so hard on twitter.
I was glad i had all my VRC on the wallet staking. But felt so sorry for all my brothers and sister who kept VRC on mintpal.

Thats why i dont want anybody ever to have his coins a exchange.

Please dont get me wrong i am not a Coder or some supersmart Crack in terms of coding, i am just an student engeneer for electricenergie tech on a german Collage. It happens  i have had some free time after my last exam so i could think about how to solve some useability issues with veriCoin .

first I will present the whitepaper, once i copy it as a PDF, to our dev and than i will be avaible for questions.
Once devs decide it is a good idea i will donate this idea to them as i think it will be in good hands.
If they decide it is not capable of what is possible, i will publish it to the community on VeriTalk and we all can discuss how to improve it .

Please mind that i dont speak the best english. I mainly talk German and Russian. But my english is better than my Spain and Romanian Smiley.

AGAIN. It wont be some code i created i just an idea on what i know about crypto and think that is possible to implement in one wallet. Dont expect to much but it will be exactly that what you imagine if you think about decentrelised VeriSend VeriBit and so on.

So stay tuned this community is so awesome i finally found a nice place to stay , so i invite everyone who loves VeriCoin Smiley to VeriTalk.info .

Reavon

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Reavon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:10:11 PM

And something else.

I just recieved 30 VRC by the begin of stake is this normal? I am not a bigfish staker by the way. Have arround 30K.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 05:35:27 PM

Regarding VRC/FIAT wallet.  As I have said multiple times now, this is just iteration one.  We are working with moolah to customize the exchange for the wallet, utilize some new features they have on the way, and we will not be dependent on moolah and will be adding other exchanges as well.  VRC/FIAT is not done.  It is a big work in progress and is taking longer than we thought to implement and devise a optimal strategy, but not anywhere near complete.
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:37:35 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 06:16:40 PM by PUMPBANDIT

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVatNQr-GM
Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:38:04 PM

And something else.

I just recieved 30 VRC by the begin of stake is this normal? I am not a bigfish staker by the way. Have arround 30K.

I just check your wallet. You get 30~ because your 20k~ coins 14 days old. Its first stake for this coins.
Reavon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:43:04 PM

And something else.

I just check your wallet. You get 30~ because your 20k~ coins 14 days old. Its first stake for this coins.

Ah alright cool. Thx

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
                ████████████
                                                ██
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:41:29 PM

OK we need to stop IGNORING realities deliberately and going around and around and around the same subjects wasting space, everybody's time and, especially, forcing the devs to waste their time in reading post pof no consequence and having to repeat themselves a million times.

So it is perfectly clear for everyone and no need for more repeating: DUE to unavoidable legal reasons, the FIAT/VRC conversion will have to be made, ALWAYS, THROUGH A LICENSED THIRD PARTY (Moolah or any other). No matter how many ribbons and nice wrapping you want to put it in successive versions, the basics will always be the same: A link to Moolah, no matter how personalized. It also implies paying Moolah for their services. Is that cleart enough? Can we just put that to rest forever? You can choose to expect from that whatever you want but that is all there is and that is all there WILL be in the foreseeable future. End of that story.

Now to the important matters that need further debate and clarification: REFERRAL PROGRAM. Everyone more or less is on board on this. BUT it is still not clear at all how will it be financed. The interest/inflation is, in my opinion, a bad thing. I could elaborate much further, but there's no need. It can be financed that way or through specific donations to the fund from stakeholders. Either way, financing is not a problem. So let's get moving with it as soon as possible.

THE most important matter, by far: VERIFICATION. Since it will be optional, also everyone is on board with this. I am more than on board, I am downright enthusiastic about it. This will be a whopper, definitely THE game changer. Why? very simple: When you approach ANY vendor and you make them aware that you bring to the table tens of thousands -initially, many more with time- of VERIFIED potential customers, their appreciation of Vericoin changes from the ever suspect world of crypto, Bitcoin included, to a pool of potential customers that will know of their products and services instantly and will be one click away from their ordering link. I believe it will spread like wild fire. It is the definite gate towards mainstream. The stakeholders will enthusiastically support it, will verify themselves and everyone else they can convince and it will be a blockbuster.

Now, another thing that we NEED to put to rest, like yesterday, is the misconception some still have that the recent decline was somewhat produced by unfulfilled expectations, Wiz2, the roll back or whatever else. IT IS NOT TRUE. I have stated (and DEMONSTRATED) that is has been a phenom/circumstance that has affected many other well established coins also with no reasons for it. And those coins have been affected equally or more than VRC in the same exact period. So, please, lets just see the FACTS and the reality and stop using falsehoods to further agendas, no matter how legitimate those agendas can be. Otherwise we will continue exchanging very long posts again and again round and round about the same FALSE matters. It isn't productive. And, most significantly, IT SIMPLY IS NOT TRUE.

On that very subject, there's no possible control we or the devs may have over P&Ds created by outside groups. It may be The Black Hand or any other. They have the resources, the buy and they pump. Nothing the devs or the rest of the stakeholders can or SHOULD do about that. It goes with the territory and, as long as we are all aware of it, everything will be fine: Lets say The Black Hand as accumulated 4.5 million VRC at an average price of 12000 sat. They pump it all the way to 40,000 and they star taking profits. When they are done, the price has gone down all the way to 16,000 and the average sell price for them has been 28,000. They did great, made a ton of money and DID NOT CHANGE anything in VRC. As a matter of fact, more people was aware of the rise, many more came into the coin and now are bagholders, but, for the real stakeholders, the price before the pump, when they were the same stakeholders, the price was much lower than 16,000 sat, so they -all of us- benefit from that. That's the perspective that we need to keep in mind... and, perhaps, if we identify the Pump phase, profit from it by selling close to the highs some or all our holdings and buy back double amounts on the way down.
So are the Pumps and Dumps negative? Not for the core holders, not at all ... as long as there's no inside info behind them. Let's not see ghosts where there are none and, above all, let's not pretend that creating awareness of the coin, by whomever, is a negative, ever, ok?

In other words, let's streamlined the repeated nonsense and hang ups that we may personally have, see things with the proper, FACTUAL, perspective and move to progressive -not hurried- action, if the devs approve, of course.

I have the feeling they will support the above mentioned initiatives quite enthusiastically.
BitcoinPorn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 07:20:09 PM

So it is perfectly clear for everyone and no need for more repeating: DUE to unavoidable legal reasons, the FIAT/VRC conversion will have to be made, ALWAYS, THROUGH A LICENSED THIRD PARTY (Moolah or any other). No matter how many ribbons and nice wrapping you want to put it in successive versions, the basics will always be the same: A link to Moolah, no matter how personalized. It also implies paying Moolah for their services. Is that cleart enough? Can we just put that to rest forever? You can choose to expect from that whatever you want but that is all there is and that is all there WILL be in the foreseeable future. End of that story.

I took different out of what they were saying.  I got that Moolah is just the first, but others will be used.  And that the click to go outside the wallet is not something that will be there forever, but in fact they are working to make sure you can get things done directly through the wallet.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:22:49 PM

And something else.

yes that is normal there is nothing to worry about.
Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: