Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:34:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:30:13 PM

So it is perfectly clear for everyone and no need for more repeating: DUE to unavoidable legal reasons, the FIAT/VRC conversion will have to be made, ALWAYS, THROUGH A LICENSED THIRD PARTY (Moolah or any other). No matter how many ribbons and nice wrapping you want to put it in successive versions, the basics will always be the same: A link to Moolah, no matter how personalized. It also implies paying Moolah for their services. Is that cleart enough? Can we just put that to rest forever? You can choose to expect from that whatever you want but that is all there is and that is all there WILL be in the foreseeable future. End of that story.

I took different out of what they were saying.  I got that Moolah is just the first, but others will be used.  And that the click to go outside the wallet is not something that will be there forever, but in fact they are working to make sure you can get things done directly through the wallet.

In my opinion you chose to get it wrong: It CANNOT be done. By the laws of the US. There are requirements that no coin can or will ever fulfill -even after regulation-. So yes there will be other partners, but will always, basically, be a link to a third party. This is not even worth discussing because, after all, what is the use of it when all the exchanges offer you such integration already. But, hey, make of it whatever you choose to. I was trying to streamline the projects in order to concentrate resources on those, such a VERIFICATION, that should be a priority because they imply gigantic potential repercussions. Now, because of your assumption, that I repeat, goes against the laws of the United States, the devs will have to feel obligated to, again, post to make you less convinced of what you wanted to interpret they said. And round goes the merry-go-round again and again...
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:38:36 PM

To add to a previous point, hopefully unnecessarily, therefore closing the door on the subject, the already established parallel in market behaviour of VRC with other established coins such as PINK, BLACK and NAUT, the three of them have rebounded already by around 50% from the recent lows, just like VRC has done (VRC actually at current count 70%, to be precise).

This has nothing whatsoever to do with what is either posted in the forums or any other suggestions/announcements and all to do with traders/investors buying back in at prices they consider easy to profit from. Nothing else.

And since the 4 have plenty of bagholders from these and much higher levels, sell offs of these quick gains, are to be expected, regardless of postings in forums and more or less run-of-the-mill announcements (such as new wallets, android wallets and the like).

Just keeping things in the proper perspective.
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

So it is perfectly clear for everyone and no need for more repeating: DUE to unavoidable legal reasons, the FIAT/VRC conversion will have to be made, ALWAYS, THROUGH A LICENSED THIRD PARTY (Moolah or any other). No matter how many ribbons and nice wrapping you want to put it in successive versions, the basics will always be the same: A link to Moolah, no matter how personalized. It also implies paying Moolah for their services. Is that cleart enough? Can we just put that to rest forever? You can choose to expect from that whatever you want but that is all there is and that is all there WILL be in the foreseeable future. End of that story.

I took different out of what they were saying.  I got that Moolah is just the first, but others will be used.  And that the click to go outside the wallet is not something that will be there forever, but in fact they are working to make sure you can get things done directly through the wallet.

In my opinion you chose to get it wrong: It CANNOT be done. By the laws of the US. There are requirements that no coin can or will ever fulfill -even after regulation-. So yes there will be other partners, but will always, basically, be a link to a third party. This is not even worth discussing because, after all, what is the use of it when all the exchanges offer you such integration already. But, hey, make of it whatever you choose to. I was trying to streamline the projects in order to concentrate resources on those, such a VERIFICATION, that should be a priority because they imply gigantic potential repercussions. Now, because of your assumption, that I repeat, goes against the laws of the United States, the devs will have to feel obligated to, again, post to make you less convinced of what you wanted to interpret they said. And round goes the merry-go-round again and again...

What I'd like to see, and have already proposed without hearing any comment from devs or whoever, is a more formal, community focused and stacks proportional, way to streamline the priorities of the coin.
evoked22

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:06:29 PM

New article posted for VeriCoin.

Tweet:
https://twitter.com/CoinsSource/statuses/492773652249604098

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:12:55 PM

Guys, just remember that the NewYork regulations might apply to more states with their copy/pasting. So if Doug wrote that he has an idea for making a better anon solution, then that should be included aswell and not tossed out the window.

I think anon is all the rage right now because the crypto community has this gut feeling that the regulations against crypto will be getting more strict with time, and they might be right.

But I love the VeriFied idea aswell.

Develop all these ideas as modules. Let the user plug in whatever they want. That's what we want out here, choices, not arguments about what is better, give us the choice to chose how the coin works for us. That's your "Holy Grail"

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:17:45 PM

Guys, just remember that the NewYork regulations might apply to more states with their copy/pasting. So if Doug wrote that he has an idea for making a better anon solution, then that should be included aswell and not tossed out the window.

I think anon is all the rage right now because the crypto community has this gut feeling that the regulations against crypto will be getting more strict with time, and they might be right.

Develop all these ideas as modules. Let the user plug in whatever they want. That's what we want out here, choices, not arguments about what is better, give us the choice to chose how the coin works for us. That's your "Holy Grail"

What are you talking about? If it has been coded, it should be included automatically. Having the user plug it in himself won't make VRC easier to use. And ease of use is important for VRC because it will be aiming at a broader group of demographics.

drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

I think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves...

We should be sticking to the main idea of verified transactions and anonymous transactions

VeriSend = Verified transactions in the blockchain, one wallet linked to a Verified Identity and a Vericoin ID Number...maybe some kinda of rating system for trusted users. Maybe verified users would gain more interest, and incentive to be a trusted user.

VeriShield = Completely Decenterilized Anonymous transactions...can create as many wallets as needed.

Again ZERO transaction Fees...

Also Vericoin needs to be as secure as humanly possible...the wallet needs password to send, 2FA, multisig. Encryption up the wazzzoooo

I like this setup!  Like the Verishied name for the privacy side of it too.  Verisend name should be for the verified marketplace.
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:00:59 PM

That's one way to know VRC is a success, they started spamming this thread.

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:21:45 PM

I'm not sure how many times we need to say this, but we were aiming to make a direct CC FIAT/VRC system however due to the fact that we are all in the USA and require FINCED compliance as well as other legal compliance we couldn't do that.

Don't sit on this just thinking it's too hard to pull off (not suggesting you are...). Get the ball rolling now and knock out the obstacles as they come, even slowly will do. It'll get done and be a huge feature. The masses need this to be as simple as possible,

FINCen compliance requires MASSIVE amounts of $$$ do you have a few hundred thousand US dollars lying around to permit the FINCen compliance?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

What are you talking about? If it has been coded, it should be included automatically. Having the user plug it in himself won't make VRC easier to use. And ease of use is important for VRC because it will be aiming at a broader group of demographics.

but they can be just like the current Verisend feature OPTIONAL to use as in YOU DONT HAVE TO USE IT regardless of if it is integrated into the wallet

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
luisb

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:09:04 PM

I think the most important and encouraging in the VeriCoin operation is that the devs are still interested in the project and working on adding new features. The price goes up and down, right now is down, but the hard work and the release of usable features will take care of the price increase. This is a legit dev team, as PNosker said they are real people building a real money. This transparency is a very unique attribute in the scam driven alt coin market.

Right now people are upset, but 50-100% price swing happens all the time even with real business operation. In the place Russia where I have been dealing/trading/funding IT, telecom and software companies I had experienced with a few 3000% price drop in the last 25 years, there were dead bodies all over the offices, so this is a very calm environment compared to that one, here is even the crypto-history maker scummer pumper WizRig is alive, so nothing dramatic happened here. Price drops are part of the business, even bitcoin has gone through several swing. Again, the hard work from the devs will take care of the price and the future of the coin still very bright.

Which is very encouraging to me that it seems the Devs are finally working on what really matters, the decentralized app feature. No one cares about VeriBit (why would anyone want it when we can pay with bitcoin, no wonder there is only 6 VeriBit users worldwide), the FIAT feature could be useful for a few people but nothing is innovative nor exciting in the FIAT feature, but a decentralized market place or exchange could be a game changer. Please focus on that and try to roll out at least a basic app that implements decentralized features. As you know there are incredible capable and smart people working on decentralized apps, Ethereum, Skycoin, even ViaCoin with the Counterparty inegration, etc., so the competition is fierce, that's why would be important that the Devs try to release at least a very basic but working decentralized app as soon as it is possible. As you know better than I do you compete with very smart guys like Dr. Wood from Ethereum http://www.gavwood.com/Paper.pdf , but if you have something that works (even if it is a very basic app) you can be the winner in this race.

There are many people like myself who invested a lot into VeriCoin, we are not overly worry about short term price changes and willing to invest lot more if things are going in the right direction. Please implement the decentralized feature and I guaranty you many more investment will come not from pumpers but from real investors.

That is a terrible mistake for nothing can lose more than 100%. That's tops.

You would understand that reading your post after that would be a waste of time, wouldn't you?

Agreed, but he made a point and everyone got it, pitty you are being either too dumb or too troll to stop reading past that point, he just made some really interesting points about minimum viable product and customer development in that and some recent posts. I think you are too "smart" to realize how dumb you are/seem sometimes, take it as you will.

If everyone "got it", what does it matter if I did or didn't.

Don't worry, I take your post for what it is: Inane stupidity. Pure and simple. Anything else to discuss?

Or what do you expect after posting what you chose to post, a bunch of flowers?

Well actually yes, WTF is inane stupidity, could you please at least learn how to correctly spell in your moronic posts? and BTW rocket scientist are you able explain why you say what you say like an adult instead of childishly trying to offend like the stupid troll you are? no wonder you  are in the top 5 morons list... meh
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:42:38 PM

Well actually yes, WTF is inane stupidity, could you please at least learn how to correctly spell in your moronic posts?

I think it's just a language barrier thing, what with English not being his native language. Inane means "stupid". As a native english speaker, you're not expecting to see somebody say "stupid stupidity", so you naturally assume that he misspelled "insane" or something.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:47:02 PM

barrabas is one of the better posters here, you just need to let his style roll off your back and learn to deal with it.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:50:30 PM

Well actually yes, WTF is inane stupidity, could you please at least learn how to correctly spell in your moronic posts?

I think it's just a language barrier thing, what with English not being his native language. Inane means "stupid". As a native english speaker, you're not expecting to see somebody say "stupid stupidity", so you naturally assume that he misspelled "insane" or something.

It seems you both need some help understanding the meaning:

in·ane
iˈnān/Submit
adjective
silly; stupid.
"don't constantly badger people with inane questions"
synonyms:   silly, foolish, stupid, fatuous, idiotic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, senseless, asinine, frivolous, vapid; childish, puerile; informaldumb, moronic, ditzy, daft
"another one of Craig's inane schemes"

Choose any of the synonyms to avoid the reiteration and all of them fully apply... including the reiteration.

I do speak and write perfect English, so there are no barriers ... or misspellings -unless prompted by typos or rushed posting. "Luisb", on the other hand, lacks command of English beyond a basic -very basic- level. He also lacks command of his native Spanish.

He just lacks command, period. Of anything.  
Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:58:07 PM

yeah.. i had expected a lot more with fiat/vrc wallet..Sad

Well the Fiat/vrc in wallet sounds great.

but this implementation brings nothing in the end.
It's just a link to a Website.

Let's not sugar coat it. The fiat wallet implementation is a massive disappointment...

Where are the devs?? Helloooooo?

Don't tell me they're not reading this..

Fuck it. I'm starting my own coin.

Who's with me?

I'm not sure how many times we need to say this, but we were aiming to make a direct CC FIAT/VRC system however due to the fact that we are all in the USA and require FINCED compliance as well as other legal compliance we couldn't do that.

So after begging for any of you guys to come in here and participate in some constructive discussion, this is all you have to say??

I can understand you not wanting to feed in to hype etc etc. But c'mon...

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:07:07 AM

Doug did say that the fiat/vrc wallet integration is far from finished, and that there's more to come. So they've said enough. They can't come here and cuddle you on every page.

ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 12:27:06 AM

I do speak and write perfect English, so there are no barriers ... or misspellings -unless prompted by typos or rushed posting. "Luisb", on the other hand, lacks command of English beyond a basic -very basic- level. He also lacks command of his native Spanish.

Huh! My mistake, then. Your sentence structure is often very strange; I've just been assuming that English is a second language for you.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
luisb

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:43:19 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 01:00:04 AM by luisb

It seems you both need some help understanding the meaning:

in·ane
iˈnān/Submit
adjective
silly; stupid.
"don't constantly badger people with inane questions"
synonyms:   silly, foolish, stupid, fatuous, idiotic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, senseless, asinine, frivolous, vapid; childish, puerile; informaldumb, moronic, ditzy, daft
"another one of Craig's inane schemes"

Choose any of the synonyms to avoid the reiteration and all of them fully apply... including the reiteration.

How pedantic and moron you are dude... what a sorry excuse of a thread this has become thanks to retards such as yourself, and not being happy enough giving *zero* insight further giving lectures of english in your free time haha you are so pathetic... keep trolling without arguments no wonder you are in the top 5 morons of this thread, IMO you should be the total winner

And BTW thats just the confirmation you are one of those f*cktards so stupid you are unable to see how deeply dumb you are...  is my command of english good enough?
Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 12:44:06 AM

Doug did say that the fiat/vrc wallet integration is far from finished, and that there's more to come. So they've said enough. They can't come here and cuddle you on every page.

I'm not asking for cuddles. I'm asking them to demonstrate some leadership and intelligence by participating in a constructive discussion about features which would be potentially game changing.

They don't have to say they will implement anything.

Vague statements and defensive attitudes are wearing thin..

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
luisb

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:18:42 AM

I'm not asking for cuddles. I'm asking them to demonstrate some leadership and intelligence by participating in a constructive discussion about features which would be potentially game changing.

They don't have to say they will implement anything.

Vague statements and defensive attitudes are wearing thin..

well about the verification thing, sorry but I fail to see the point... but what would be the point of ID verification if VISA and PAYPAL are doing... exactly that? and have I to remind you what happened to all the data of Mtgox after the collapse? Did you know all that data (few Gb worth of IDs and bank accounts) was for sale? And who is going to keep that data? Is it going then to be a centralized database or is it going to be part of the blockchain?
Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: