Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:44:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Magiklair

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:35:51 PM

What's the next milestone for VRC?

my opinion is that this coin is already self sustaining and the dev team has demonstrated that they are willing to do what it takes to protect their investors. i would say an aggressive marketing campaign to spread the word about vericoin. more articles accentuating vericoin developments and delivery so far. let the other coins try to demonstrate what they have to compete with that. blackcoin is out of the competition though. wouldnt even buy it if i heard about a pump beginning. just trade/invest, use vericoin services and if you run into problem you know you have a competent dev team that will fix any problems that prop up once reported by the community. that's what i call a crypto-currency!

most other coins are just speculative and have those so greedy they will do whatever they think will help to manipulate the market in their favour. but vericoin is a worthy investment. these guys have always delivered exciting stuff for the community and i wouldnt be surprised if we will see more later on.

You probably haven'ty heard the last coming from casa Blackcoin: They are about to hire a new marketeer... as some of the fan-boys are beginning to claim that either or both IconicExpert and Wizrig/Joel Bosch, come back.

I am sure though you have heard about the $32k they spent in hiring the Max Borgess Agency to do PR for them... so far -two months into the 3 month contract-, The Agency has produced a second-level employee Q&A with the fanboys in Reddit, 2 press releases and one article in a newspaper, i believe. People in crypto have been known to have gone to hospitals with seizures due to uncontrollable laughter about the subject...

Well, not that I fully support iconic expert, but he at least warned all the time against spending these amounts on PR-companies. Actually, I was really disappointed when I saw that Joel Bosch guy showing up here. From the moment he was doing his lowlevel screaming at blackcoin many real investors left. The moment I saw that guy here, I knew I had to sell, but I had too much faith in the devs and I kept all my coins ( and I have a lot VRC). Really hope Joel leaves today to blackcoin and never comes back. That guy has a negative value. When you look a blackcoin- or VRC-broadcast and you see him sreaming like a kid, you are shaking your head and quickly investigate another coin.

I believe he and his pump group has already moved on to some I/O coin

https://twitter.com/wizrig

well that doesn't instill a lot of confidence..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:58:16 PM

Joel is still supporting VeriCoin from the backend, he decided being out in cryptoland too public is negatively effecting his reputation for his other businesses, due to some who slander him.  
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:00:58 PM

Joel is still supporting VeriCoin from the backend, he decided being out in cryptoland too public is negatively effecting his reputation for his other businesses, due to some who slander him.  

Why is he participating in other crypto then? He is currently pumping IOC. And the other day was all mad about "crypto scams" IMO I think you guys need to stop being nice to him and distance yourself. I don't think many in the community support him in any way, shape, or form. His involvement I actually felt was a black eye we where finally getting over.

For me any association he has = red flag. You guys need to be the most trusted team in crypto. Associations with that guy, a clear manipulator / liar, are not helping...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:04:57 PM

Why is he participating in other crypto then? He is currently pumping IOC. And the other day was all mad about "crypto scams" IMO I think you guys need to stop being nice to him and distance yourself. I don't think many in the community support him in any way, shape, or form.

For me any association he has = red flag. You guys need to be the most trusted team in crypto. Associations with that guy, a clear manipulator / liar, are not helping...

He has supported multiple coins always, he helps to get coins off the ground mostly.  He is not on the team or anything, just a member of the community.  He has come through on his commitments for VeriCoin however the company he hired didn't.  But it all doesn't really matter because he's not in the foreground anymore.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:09:47 PM

Why is he participating in other crypto then? He is currently pumping IOC. And the other day was all mad about "crypto scams" IMO I think you guys need to stop being nice to him and distance yourself. I don't think many in the community support him in any way, shape, or form.

He has supported multiple coins always, he helps to get coins off the ground mostly.  He is not on the team or anything, just a member of the community.  He has come through on his commitments for VeriCoin however the company he hired didn't.  But it all doesn't really matter because he's not in the foreground anymore.

That is a very scary thought. Unless he is willing to tell us if / when he has sold any coins, I don't trust it one bit. So many people where active up until the peak. Joel, (Wizrig) and others. If they give money to a project to win people over, and then fleeces the community for 10's of thousands or more, I don't think that is a win for anyone in the community. "It takes money to make money" Now that he is working the "backend" That makes it even more dangerous to me as I don't trust that guy 1 bit. Maybe others from the community can share thoughts / concerns. If I am the only one that feels this way, then so be it. But if others are as passionate about this issue as I am, maybe you all could reconsider.

We are a team, not developers / Joel, and then the community. For someone like him to work closely with anyone in privacy is the most dangerous thing that can happen to a coin. His history has proven this time, and time again.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:27:49 PM

мoнeтy cливaют, гoгнo мoнeтa

Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:31:39 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 03:04:04 PM by Coinler

You've heard of credit card fraud before... right?

There are ways to prevent this, as has been already mentioned above, verification is the key.
You've got to be kidding me.  Bring your 3-tier verification processes.  You're still going to get defrauded if you allow crypto purchases with credit cards - period.  If you don't understand this, then you're just being ignorant.

But please, prove me wrong... (hint: you can't, I'm just going to enjoy watching you fail if you try)

well im not here to teach you about creditcard merchant and banking technologies so if that is your view then what can i say but, you are welcome to your opinion. keep saying it's impossible, you'll believe it eventually. experienced point of sale and financial sector worker here who's worked in rooms with millions of dollars sitting next to me in cash.. but hey what do i know. if you try any creditcard fraud though via my implementation, you'll find cops at your door no matter what country u live in.

vericoin may have chosen to use a 3rd party. but doesnt that mean "not impossible"?

anyway it's past my bedtime/movietime so im off for now.
It's not just an opinion... nor does having sat next to piles of cash indicate you know anything about credit card fraud prevention.

How about this: if you're so sure nobody can defraud your credit card processing implementation, please put your money where your mouth is, and offer a public challenge to proving you wrong.

The fact your say, "you'll find cops at your door" clearly indicates that you have no clue about anonymity on the internet.  How exactly are you going to find the person that defrauded you to buy a digital product that was never shipped?  And even if you are talking about a merchant that physically ships products, it's going to be a drop address, and the recipient will be long gone by the time you get the credit card charge back...

So... Prove it or shut the fuck up - and I'll happily disprove anything you try to prove about your recent comments. So, I would suggest you go with the "shut the fuck up" option, and stop talking about what you don't know.  You show me somewhere that you can purchase crypto currencies with credit cards, and I'll show you somewhere that is (or will be) actively being defrauded.

And BTW, working with large sums of cash that isn't yours is easy - most people learn quickly not to associate that cash with spendable money, and instead view it as a sort of monopoly money - it can be counted, but has no real world value to you.

i would respond to this. believe me i would, but ive said enough on the topic. i know all about credit card processing technologies, the holes and loopholes in various implementations and what you say isnt far from the truth. but truth be told.. the more information i provide is the more information i provide for free. so if noone believes it is possible, then that just leaves the door open for me to deliver something brand new to cryptocommunity. im working on developing my own project atm and these features are part of my project roadmap. a roadmap where i have the contacts and experience to deliver on every single aspect of it over a 24 month period. it wont be just empty promises. i have my methods of solving problems. it's what i do for a living. im a thinker/inventor etc!

what i will tell you is that i also intend to place bounties out for hackers to try to exploit our code. i intend to hire hackers on contract to further stress test any new technologies i implement so im not afraid of that. ill give you this.. you may be right in saying "there is no 100% security on the internet" and that is absolutely true! but what can be done is that the process is made so difficult to perform, that only a few would take the time, or have the knowhow to perform it. are you going to intercept a call from the bank to it's true cardholder before the transaction is approved? sure you could steal their phone, but what if its on a landline, you'll go outside their house and phreak their box? im no stranger to these technologies my friend. theres alot more that can be done as well regarding security. there are multiple facets.

the last thing i will say on the topic is about chargebacks is that if you provide the required verification through the right channels, then chargebacks dont become an issue and the bank will repay it's real creditcard owner via it's insurance setup. so the merchant doesnt suffer any chargeback issues once they agree to operate under certain protocols.

either way, i can debate a topic without cussing and getting on like a raunchy idiot to get my point across. to me i consider that behaviour losing the debate. so dont frustrate yourselves mate. its just a conversation on the internet.
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Guys... any update on when the next rollback will happen? I'd like to know so I can make a few grand on it if possible.

wait.. what? they havent done the rollback yet? i thought they froze all exchanges in a coordinated effort and did the rollback already??
MAD945

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:54:57 PM

Guys... any update on when the next rollback will happen? I'd like to know so I can make a few grand on it if possible.

wait.. what? they havent done the rollback yet? i thought they froze all exchanges in a coordinated effort and did the rollback already??

Hey Coinler, it's just Bob our resident troll!

The rollback was done successfully day of the hack, all stolen coins where returned to their rightful owners and all missing funds ($4,000) was reimbursed by mintpal(merchants, exchanges, coin owners)

Bob is here to spread FUD about the rollback and that's all he has to say repeatedly, we all think he might be mentally deficient.
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:06:10 PM

The rollback was done successfully day of the hack, all stolen coins where returned to their rightful owners and all missing funds ($4,000) was reimbursed by mintpal(merchants, exchanges, coin owners)

Bob is here to spread FUD about the rollback and that's all he has to say repeatedly, we all think he might be mentally deficient.

EffectstoCause can you please confirm this? because this is what i expected and would have been a wise decision.

in addition you couldve tracked the funds with the help of mintpal through the blockchain and have each exchange seize them if they came from one of those addresses that the stolen funds went to. basically blacklisting the address. if you havent already blacklisted the address, perhaps you can speak with your developers about seeing if you can have that done as well if you think it is a feasible move.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:10:22 PM

EffectstoCause can you please confirm this? because this is what i expected and would have been a wise decision.

in addition you couldve tracked the funds with the help of mintpal through the blockchain and have each exchange seize them if they came from one of those addresses that the stolen funds went to.

Coinler, that is the case. Bob has been here shouting things without much substance for a long time.

Everything has been done with much thought. The developers called everyone that accepts VRC prior to any decision that was made. They looked at all angles and took action to secure VeriCoin.

If you are looking for information regarding the Mintpal hack a good place to start would be watching this youtube video. It's the google hangout with devs after the hack. They explain the situation, and actions taken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PkqNcVD0YI

You will need to rewind to the clip it looks like. Hope this helps.

ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:13:26 PM

[...]The rollback was done successfully day of the hack, all stolen coins where returned to their rightful owners and all missing funds ($4,000) was reimbursed by mintpal(merchants, exchanges, coin owners)

It's been confirmed and discussed to death. The rollback was done to prevent a 51% attack, which would not have been difficult to do with 8M coins. A beneficial side effect of the rollback was that the thieves lost their coins and Mintpal was bailed out from a disastrous situation.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:24:05 PM

[...]The rollback was done successfully day of the hack, all stolen coins where returned to their rightful owners and all missing funds ($4,000) was reimbursed by mintpal(merchants, exchanges, coin owners)

It's been confirmed and discussed to death. The rollback was done to prevent a 51% attack, which would not have been difficult to do with 8M coins. A beneficial side effect of the rollback was that the thieves lost their coins and Mintpal was bailed out from a disastrous situation.

excellent, not just on the decision, but the quick thinking and the hardest part of all, performing a successful rollback. so that means that what we have is a confidence issue in vericoin investors. there are conflicting reports out there in the media. there needs to be a cleanup and strong media gathering around support for vericoin's decision. the media information needs to stress that the integrity of the network was maintained via the decision and that there is no need for any doubts from investors that theyll be feeding thieves to invest in this coin. the articles also need to remind everyone that because of this decision vericoin has no reason to suffer the same fate as dogecoin etc since everything is just as it was before the hack. meaning all committed investors are in no way at risk of a dump as was faced with dogecoin.

this is becoming more than 2 cents lol
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:29:29 PM

in addition you couldve tracked the funds with the help of mintpal through the blockchain and have each exchange seize them if they came from one of those addresses that the stolen funds went to.

Coinler, that is the case. Bob has been here shouting things without much substance for a long time.

Everything has been done with much thought. The developers called everyone that accepts VRC prior to any decision that was made. They looked at all angles and took action to secure VeriCoin.

If you are looking for information regarding the Mintpal hack a good place to start would be watching this youtube video. It's the google hangout with devs after the hack. They explain the situation, and actions taken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PkqNcVD0YI

You will need to rewind to the clip it looks like. Hope this helps.

you've got to maintain clarity. sarcasm doesnt help but just confuses investors. i got all the media reports so thats why i came here (late) to support the decision. from what i knew it was done immediately following the hack and im glad now that i dont have to retract my earlier comments regarding the rollback.

come on guys dont let the fudsters get you down. the ones responsible for the hack are the only ones that would have a problem with a rollback. that's just common sense. now the thieves have nothing, vericoin needs to take over the media with confidence in themselves in their reports. i havent seen much from you recently on main article websites so its time to take the lead on that. you dont have much competition in crypto. some people just want to slow you down because you were getting close to being direct competition with bitcoin.. which in some ways i believe you already are considering the team you have here.
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:37:31 PM

time for vericoin to implement decentralized in-wallet exchange. i may be willing to help with the design.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:46:09 PM

time for vericoin to implement decentralized in-wallet exchange. i may be willing to help with the design.

I agree decentraliced exchanges are needed more then ever espwcially for pos coins like vericoin.
If that happens we all will be veri rich Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

I agree decentraliced exchanges are needed more then ever espwcially for pos coins like vericoin.

precisely, it would provide additional security from exchange dumping for the free coins they get in stake every day. considering all the coins they get in stake they probably shouldnt even be charging trade fees, but i guess business is business and thats how capitalism works when you have a monopoly on a situation with no competition to offer competitive pricing. this the whole idea behind crypto, reducing centralized power structure and spreading the power among members of the community. ill hope that vericoin announce this to be the next thing in their road map. i think that it would be great retrieval to spark confidence and interest in the fact that they are making moves to prevent such hacks happening again and securing their investors.

also regarding the blockchain wallet resync issues i see discussed in the hangout. it may be a good option to provide a new download link for the blockchain and just ask users to copy and replace their current blockchain and peers.dat file as diamondcoin did. itll make things alot simpler than forcing users to get acquainted with irc etc. here's file, copy, paste and replace, sync.. done!
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:17:47 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 04:54:20 PM by effectsToCause

Hi folks,

Some were having a runtime error on windows for the most recent wallet. Please download this version as a temporary solution while we resolve the openssl conflicts.  If you are on windows and have no problems, no need to download it.  Also if you are Mac or Linux please disregard this, it only effects certain windows installs.  Please uninstall then install this: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vericoin-setup.exe
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:19:05 PM

We are working with a group to get a decentralized exchange, we will look into the possibility of it being in the wallet, that's a nice idea.  Though it may be technically difficult, let's see.
Coinler

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:22:20 PM

We are working with a group to get a decentralized exchange, we will look into the possibility of it being in the wallet, that's a nice idea.  Though it may be technically difficult, let's see.

sounds good. go ahead and nail down your ideas for it and if u get stuck with anything just message me and ill see if i can help you solve it.

ill try to be in the irc channel more often

Best Regards,
Coinler
Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: