Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ljm81

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:07:24 PM

Nice to see people are slowly coming back to mintpal, wise move  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:38:58 PM

I'm getting a little bit scared. 50% of my investment is lost. VRC features are beeing copied and the value of other coins explodes (cloak,rdd and others). Have we already seen the top value of VRC?
If I would have invested the 4 BTC in RDD at the same time, I would have 24 BTC now, so I only have 2.
I hope beeing patient is not a kind of stupidity.

Regards,
Michael

P.S.: I just looked in my wallet. I've got 0,4 VRC from the mining pool in the last 24 hours and 0,0 VRC from stakeing. So why should i keep the machines running? Sad

I fully understand your concerns. I am a very big fan of this coin, I have lots of VeriCoin so I would really like to see the price is going up, but things are not going well with this coin.

Completely agree, I have offered my help for marketing issues, but I am still waiting for response from the devs. By the way I have sent you a message, I am not sure you have noticed...

I too have offered to volunteer my time and help with marketing efforts. I've reached out to the dev team a couple times about it and never heard back. I can only beg someone to let me work for them for free so many times...

GO Here  http://veritalk.info/index.php/board,8.0.html

sign up for regional verileader program. Don't wait for others. get out there and start talking to people merchants, friends
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:08:41 PM

Yer mintpal seemed abit odd and quiet for a few days after the hack but vols def picking up again n things getting back on track.
I aint got no issues with mintpal mainly cuz i am a hacker and i fully understand that "every" website is vulnerable you just got to find the vulnerability. Bittrex is a bad apple for all serious crypto! 

On another unrelated matter that boggles me is all this dribble i keep hearing about just stake your coins just stake your coins... No dont just stake your coins soding trade!!

If everybody's just staking and holding on to their VRC like that little fucked up dude out of lord of the rings then whats gonna cause the upwards price drive?.. the price is set by market activity, no activity no price!
On top of what seems to be a wrong way of thinking were getting swamped out by a endless string of scam coins on bittrex!!

yes very true  no volume no market no interest then your staking is worthless. look at mintcoin only bagholders now (icl myself)
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:09:08 PM

Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:14:18 PM

giving away 2x10 VRC to 2 (in words TWO) of you People , because i want to test the mobile wallet.

Every one who wants to win just need to quote me and post here his QR-Code and saying

" I will stake , for Gods sake , even if its not worth a Steak"  

I will pay out the lucky ones today at midnight middle european time.

Come on guys only 2 hours left free VRC !!! Cheesy

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:03:11 PM

I'm getting a little bit scared. 50% of my investment is lost. VRC features are beeing copied and the value of other coins explodes (cloak,rdd and others). Have we already seen the top value of VRC?
If I would have invested the 4 BTC in RDD at the same time, I would have 24 BTC now, so I only have 2.

Regards,
Michael

P.S.: I just looked in my wallet. I've got 0,4 VRC from the mining pool in the last 24 hours and 0,0 VRC from stakeing. So why should i keep the machines running? Sad

I fully understand your concerns. I am a very big fan of this coin, I have lots of VeriCoin so I would really like to see the price is going up, but things are not going well with this coin.

Completely agree, I have offered my help for marketing issues, but I am still waiting for response from the devs. By the way I have sent you a message, I am not sure you have noticed...

Thanks, I have replied!
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:16:43 PM

these prices of vericoin seems like a good change to buy in but I have some (noob)questions. If someone could help me with these  Smiley

Are the devs of vericoin still active ? What are they working on at the moment? What is the long term goal/ vision

Reddit seems to be where the most action is for vericoin? This tread dont seem that active at the moment. I actually mostly read btctalk only, so much to read to little time... are there things that are a 'must read' for vericoin?

Are there some projects that are done by the community?

Where do the devs update ? Here ?

Is there a reason for the down trend except the 'normal' down trend a lot of alts are experiencing at the moment especially those who a a beg rise some weeks/moths ago like drk, also volume seems low in the hole altcoin market, whales are on vacation ? Roll Eyes

1. Yeah the devs are still active - I've reached out to them a few times and have often gotten a reply within hours. If you want to talk to them directly you can usually find them on the IRC channel.

2. A good 'must read' for vericoin just recently came out at the Vericoin party that was held a few days ago...  http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/talk.pdf

3. Someone can probably answer that better than I. Veribit... Veritalk radio... Andriod app to name a few

4. Devs update in IRC mostly, then people spread the word through other channels. I personally use bitcointalk.org myself so I complain frequently there isn't enough info here. But socal and a few others do a pretty good job trying to keep this forum updated.

4. Downtrend is happening because it went up 200% over a couple days (like most coins) and then is just coming back down to the norm. I couldn't even tell you what the 50/200 MA would be from a technical standpoint but we're probably coming back down to the norm. The mintpal hack/hardfork sure didn't help things either. Not sure if it will ever recover from that.

Outside of those last points I think VRC is still a great coin to invest in - I picked up another BTC or so worth a few days ago back around the 15k-16k area. Given the technicals I have a feeling you can probably wait a little longer and still pick up some more at a lower price but knowing alt coins and the way they move, at any moment it could jump back to 30k+

Thanks for you reply and info  Smiley

I will check out the irc chat, its blocked cause of security reasons on my pc Undecided have to figure out where that problem is.

I saw this on reddit the guys explains in a pdf what vericoin is, does and why he thinks its a good investment. : http://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin/comments/2bop8l/comments_on_vericoin_from_an_academic_economist/

just bought 10000 vrc to start Grin maybe later on the evening I buy some more
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:39:41 PM

Regards,
Michael

stop mining, bet you will continue to get payouts for a day or two after you stop, it takes time for the OBA to buy coins at best price and pay them out not to mention we have to wait for solved blocks to mature before they payout to get converted into VRC this has been stated AT LEAST 100 times here and on the IRC.

Also get out if you want, but look across the spectrum wheres all the volume? volume has disappeared across the WHOLE altcoin market and it would only take one whale to come in a buy up VRC to push price back to 50k because volume is so low. What little volume there is left is soaked up into the few "flavor of the week" coins which will in turn get dumped and then move onto the newest "flavor" in short don't agonize over P&D's you will lose far more money chasing the pumps then you would holding VRC longterm.

I can't tell you what to do with your own money but I can damn sure try to stress the market conditions to you, and right now market conditions suck for everyone (except the few P&D coins)

Nothing is wrong with the volume generally, at least the volume that could move Vericoin to 100K is obviously on the market. Investors just don't like this coin and even I still hold my vericoins I fully understand why there is no interest in vericoin lately and the interests have shifted to other probably better coins. Innovative coins, good news and exciting features (blockchain 2) are getting very nice volumes - see Viacoin. It is clear people who are interested in altcoins and investors think the current features like Veribit, Fiat in wallet are useless (otherwise they would invest), the fantasy about third world domination is baseless, also initiatives like the radio and silver coin which are good fun and great community projects but from investors' viewpoint such additions to the coin mean nothing. The regional representatives sounds good but will bring a combined of no more than 0.2 BTC from the Phillipines and Kenya, that's not going to make the coin stronger, and investors don't put money into a coin that executes such business plan.
Investors with real cash and BTC are interested in good news and usable features, Vericoin has none of them lately and therefore the price is low. This shouldn't be like this because even with the latest addition I don't think the Viacoin devs are a lot more competent than the Vericoin devs, Vericoin devs are perfectly capable to implement features that the market rewards with investment and hopefully they are going to start delivering good features and good news sooner than later.
Reavon

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:05:35 PM

Like this Tongue

And btw "ones" is spelled "ones" Wink

Oh yeah before I forget

giving away 2x10 VRC to 2 (in words TWO) of you People , because i want to test the mobile wallet.

Every one who wants to win just need to quote me and post here his QR-Code and saying

I will pay out the lucky onces today at midnight middle european time.

Congratulation to the winner of 10 VRC from my giveaway since he was the only one to participate correct xD

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Reavon

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:16:55 PM

Giving away another 2x10 VRC to 2 (in words TWO) of you People , because i want to test the mobile wallet.

I will pay out the lucky ones today at midnight middle european time.

AGAIN!

(Special thanks to Phaeton to donate those coins.)

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
                ████████████
                                                ██
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

arggg i got no idea how to insert a qr image. so im automatically out lol.    ?.

maybe i,m to late uk time 11.23 euro time 12.23 duh next time !.

Reavon

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:25:50 PM

arggg i got no idea how to insert a qr image. so im automatically out lol.    ?.

See this as a opportunity to learn :> ( dont worry i have 226 post made here and i dont know either xD)

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
                ████████████
                                                ██
Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:36:05 PM

42 bitcoin sell at 0.00018000 pressing down the price on mintpal.. at least we now know this is not a natural price drop!
If i was in as a investor there is know way i would show my hand like that and to be fair there would be no reason to unless your donig the obvious which is to hurt the coin or to drive the price down to pick up more, i think the price is already low enough so il let you all decide which one of the two.

I think were gonna be longer than a week to see any price rise unless somebody's got 100 bitcoin laying about

Totally agree with you here. That 42 BTC sell wall is clearly price manipulation. Like you say, if the seller really wanted to sell at that price they would not place it there, they would wait for the price to rise and then dump on the buy orders!?

Tbh I think that is a good sign, once the price starts to move again, that sell wall will be pulled away and the price will jump up to over 20k again. Heck, if I had a spare 50 BYC I'd be tempted to buy right through that wall, 18k is not a bad price to buy really =)

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:55:53 PM

I'm thinking of running a Vericoin competition, outside of this forum.

I'm thinking that something like asking people to create videos of them using Veribit to pay for goods or services and uploading them to Youtube?

I am open to other ideas though if anyone has any suggestions?

I think it should be something that gets the word out to people outside of this forum and at the same time showcasing some of Vericoins great features such as Veribit.

Thoughts?

Also I would be willing to offer up say 500 VRC for the prizes, if others would be willing to offer to pay the winners too that would be good also =)

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:58:51 PM

[...]

"I will stake , for God's sake , even if it's not worth a Steak"

Smiley

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:59:23 PM

I'm thinking that something like asking people to create videos of them using Veribit to pay for goods or services and uploading them to Youtube?

I think it should be something that gets the word out to people outside of this forum and at the same time showcasing some of Vericoins great features such as Veribit.

Thoughts?

Also I would be willing to offer up say 500 VRC for the prizes, if others would be willing to offer to pay the winners too that would be good also =)

GREAT IDEA

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Wreathy

Activity: 152

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:14:12 PM

See this as a opportunity to learn :> ( dont worry i have 226 post made here and i dont know either xD)

Ok that makes me feel better!. ty

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

Thoughts?

GREAT IDEA

Thanks! Maybe we could offer varying prizes for video that get the greatest numbers of views?

500 VRC for 1st
200 for 2nd
100 for 3rd

Something like that?

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:56:28 PM

sounds good

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:49:55 AM

these prices of vericoin seems like a good change to buy in but I have some (noob)questions. If someone could help me with these  Smiley

Are the devs of vericoin still active ? What are they working on at the moment? What is the long term goal/ vision

Reddit seems to be where the most action is for vericoin? This tread dont seem that active at the moment. I actually mostly read btctalk only, so much to read to little time... are there things that are a 'must read' for vericoin?

Are there some projects that are done by the community?

Where do the devs update ? Here ?

Is there a reason for the down trend except the 'normal' down trend a lot of alts are experiencing at the moment especially those who a a beg rise some weeks/moths ago like drk, also volume seems low in the hole altcoin market, whales are on vacation ? Roll Eyes

1. Yeah the devs are still active - I've reached out to them a few times and have often gotten a reply within hours. If you want to talk to them directly you can usually find them on the IRC channel.

2. A good 'must read' for vericoin just recently came out at the Vericoin party that was held a few days ago...  http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/talk.pdf

3. Someone can probably answer that better than I. Veribit... Veritalk radio... Andriod app to name a few

4. Devs update in IRC mostly, then people spread the word through other channels. I personally use bitcointalk.org myself so I complain frequently there isn't enough info here. But socal and a few others do a pretty good job trying to keep this forum updated.

4. Downtrend is happening because it went up 200% over a couple days (like most coins) and then is just coming back down to the norm. I couldn't even tell you what the 50/200 MA would be from a technical standpoint but we're probably coming back down to the norm. The mintpal hack/hardfork sure didn't help things either. Not sure if it will ever recover from that.

Outside of those last points I think VRC is still a great coin to invest in - I picked up another BTC or so worth a few days ago back around the 15k-16k area. Given the technicals I have a feeling you can probably wait a little longer and still pick up some more at a lower price but knowing alt coins and the way they move, at any moment it could jump back to 30k+

Thanks for you reply and info  Smiley

I will check out the irc chat, its blocked cause of security reasons on my pc Undecided have to figure out where that problem is.

I saw this on reddit the guys explains in a pdf what vericoin is, does and why he thinks its a good investment. : http://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin/comments/2bop8l/comments_on_vericoin_from_an_academic_economist/

just bought 10000 vrc to start Grin maybe later on the evening I buy some more

Congrats! I'm sure the entire community would be happy to know you're supporting the cause.

This is just my opinion (so take it for what it's worth) but since VRC is still down trending at the moment i would probably just put a mental stop buy order on VRC around 20k. Just to be safe if I was still on the outside looking in, I would enter a position (like you just did) and then wait to make a 2nd buy until the trend has clearly reversed. While you won't ever time the absolute bottom doing it this way, you will at least make sure it's got some life to it before you get more involved.

Otherwise you can always do a dollar cost average and just buy in at set intervals (like every Monday for the next 4 weeks) over a period of time. Or you can just buy more whenever you feel like it =p I guess it's up to you.

I'm more heavily invested than I would like to be. Although I still really support the coin, from a logical point of view if I had any bitcoin left to invest into it I would do the first strategy I suggested: mental stop buy order at 20k.

Anywho - welcome aboard! Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: