Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 [615] 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:48:07 AM

I've updated the Roadmap Post, breaking it into three sections (Current Projects, Completed Projects, Notes) and I've also added brief descriptions of all of the projects (thank Doug for those). The descriptions are collapsed by default but can be expanded with a single click.

This is just the first post in the "State of VeriCoin" section of the site. We'll have weekly (or maybe every other week) posts with updated progress bars, info on what each dev is currently focused on, and maybe hints at further things to come.

http://vericoinnews.info/vericoin-roadmap-august-5th-2014/

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:42:06 AM

This is why I never trusted wizfarm
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:27:18 AM

<insert rant about VRC>
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:29:08 AM

Get your VeriCoin Wallpaper Pack here: http://tinyurl.com/o6okt6t
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:34:34 AM

Are you guys sure? Or just positive? Because I am so close to unload my stash...

i wouldnt mind. how far a price point you want to dump to?
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:03:10 AM

I've updated the Roadmap Post, breaking it into three sections (Current Projects, Completed Projects, Notes) and I've also added brief descriptions of all of the projects (thank Doug for those). The descriptions are collapsed by default but can be expanded with a single click.

This is just the first post in the "State of VeriCoin" section of the site. We'll have weekly (or maybe every other week) posts with updated progress bars, info on what each dev is currently focused on, and maybe hints at further things to come.

http://vericoinnews.info/vericoin-roadmap-august-5th-2014/

Thanks Scott and SoCal for working so hard on the new road map. This is a great page for new investors to learn more about VeriCoin.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:30:15 AM

Wasn't the first pump fabricated anyway?  

Yes it was by J Bosch aka wizrig, and the devs (probably unintentionally) were part of the pump/scam by seeking assistance from J Bosch and letting the scammer Bosch join the team. People like jorrr above bought into the coin at 50K believing in the hype of J Bosch and the devs about bright future, world wide media campaign, celebrity party in Miami and creating crypto history. It was a scam, as there is no media campaign, no celebrity party and definitely no crypto history making here. I am sure the two naive PhD students and the full time MS developer who were probably manipulated by the scammer wizrig didn't want people like jorrr loss their money, but whatever the devs' intention was the result is just like that, real people like jorrr lost their real money on VRC. To pull off this scam and make the hype to get many people like jorrr buy into the coin at 40K-50K needed a scammer (Bosch) and three devs. Despite the significant prices drop and very little interest in the coin the devs still communicate here that J Bosch was nothing but helpful and great for the coin.

I am getting very close to the point when I start to sell my VeriCoins.
makes sense.. these devs should stop putting wizrig on a pedestal..

wiz pulled the same thing with BC, you should have seen that coming. vrc and bc share the same fate, into oblivion

There's a fundamental difference though: Blackcoin was and remains a corrupted scam (read about it widely on these forums and especially in my WALL OF SHAME, while Vericoin is the FIRST project that has launched with their devs assuming responsibilities and becoming public. Not only that, ONE of the three, is -at least until the new layoffs come in- an employee of Microsoft, which is way more than any other dev in crypto can say. People who invested and invest in Vericoin, invest in this three guys and particularly on Bachelor number three. Big, huge, humongous difference.

Adding to clarification, Joel Bosch/Wizrig is a pumper for his group, THE BLACK HAND, which is the big dumper. They did it hundreds of times in Blackcoin, IN CAHOOTS, with the devs; here, Bosch simply pumped, after investing and he and THE BLACK HAND had failed to make of Vericoin, so far, their corrupt playground.

No one can blame the young devs for being "impressed" by Bosch's "generosity" and wanting to believe his already very old promotional bullshit. But they held their ground when advised about who Bosch is and who he has sold his soul to. Nothing, otherwise, that they could do.

So, as you can see, VERI significant differences. There are many, many things that need to be revised and revised very quickly in VRC, but not the transparency and honesty of the dev team and, much less, the resiliency and support of the community. Both, the ONLY REAL assets of this or any other project of this nature.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:31:22 AM

I love how you delete my post and put up BULLSHIT(the anti-fud) LOLS

You DO realize that this is NOT a moderated thread?
portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

vericoin

http://vericoin.info
http://vericoin.info/downloads/talk.pdf
X-Laboratories

Activity: 163

founder of X-Laboratories

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:21:41 AM

Yes it was by J Bosch aka wizrig, and the devs (probably unintentionally) were part of the pump/scam by seeking assistance from J Bosch and letting the scammer Bosch join the team. People like jorrr above bought into the coin at 50K believing in the hype of J Bosch and the devs about bright future, world wide media campaign, celebrity party in Miami and creating crypto history. It was a scam, as there is no media campaign, no celebrity party and definitely no crypto history making here. I am sure the two naive PhD students and the full time MS developer who were probably manipulated by the scammer wizrig didn't want people like jorrr loss their money, but whatever the devs' intention was the result is just like that, real people like jorrr lost their real money on VRC. To pull off this scam and make the hype to get many people like jorrr buy into the coin at 40K-50K needed a scammer (Bosch) and three devs. Despite the significant prices drop and very little interest in the coin the devs still communicate here that J Bosch was nothing but helpful and great for the coin.

wiz pulled the same thing with BC, you should have seen that coming. vrc and bc share the same fate, into oblivion

There's a fundamental difference though: Blackcoin was and remains a corrupted scam (read about it widely on these forums and especially in my WALL OF SHAME, while Vericoin is the FIRST project that has launched with their devs assuming responsibilities and becoming public. Not only that, ONE of the three, is -at least until the new layoffs come in- an employee of Microsoft, which is way more than any other dev in crypto can say. People who invested and invest in Vericoin, invest in this three guys and particularly on Bachelor number three. Big, huge, humongous difference.

Adding to clarification, Joel Bosch/Wizrig is a pumper for his group, THE BLACK HAND, which is the big dumper. They did it hundreds of times in Blackcoin, IN CAHOOTS, with the devs; here, Bosch simply pumped, after investing and he and THE BLACK HAND had failed to make of Vericoin, so far, their corrupt playground.

No one can blame the young devs for being "impressed" by Bosch's "generosity" and wanting to believe his already very old promotional bullshit. But they held their ground when advised about who Bosch is and who he has sold his soul to. Nothing, otherwise, that they could do.

So, as you can see, VERI significant differences. There are many, many things that need to be revised and revised very quickly in VRC, but not the transparency and honesty of the dev team and, much less, the resiliency and support of the community. Both, the ONLY REAL assets of this or any other project of this nature.

much respect..and veri stacking (14.5 mil sleeping into wallets)

"sine secretum non libertas"
BTC 1ABmTBQ3BAJ8tY6EpPM9a6ZoaWsaJipdGV
LTC LS5ejuvBJFAEZEDhYf3KAN8nGjjayTYxez
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:31:34 AM

What! Who are you and what have you done with Barabbas  !!!
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:46:02 AM

What! Who are you and what have you done with Barabbas  !!!

I was about to same the same thing... that was the oddest post I've seen in months
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:56:15 AM

What! Who are you and what have you done with Barabbas  !!!

I was about to same the same thing... that was the oddest post I've seen in months

You're idiots if you guys ever thought that barabbas was a troll. He was always one of VRC's strongest supporters.

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:59:15 AM

What! Who are you and what have you done with Barabbas  !!!

You're idiots if you guys ever thought that barabbas was a troll. He was always one of VRC's strongest supporters.

I was just having fun... I should have put winkey face to make that clear  Wink Cheesy Grin
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:11:23 AM

Are you guys sure? Or just positive? Because I am so close to unload my stash...

care to share how much it would be?  Smiley

It really isnt much to make a difference in the market if thats what you mean. I am poor Smiley

i think alot of people are waiting on the sidelines right now to see where vericoin is heading.
i dont think the coin is anywhere near dead with the amounts of coins staking right now.
we could see a upwards trend really soon imo.  Wink

but still before that we could lose further 20-30% or even more in a panic.

The road map was needed and a good choise.
We need an overview were the coin is heading and what is up next. It would be nice if the charts would be updated regularly.

But in the end it's all over the same bubble-gum people don't really want to chew anymore.

I am going through the road map to add some comments (it's all just my opinion) starting with weak points going to the important.

1.) New Wallet UI -
iOS Wallet     -> Don't get me wrong it's nice to have pretty and simple working wallets for iOS / android / windows and so on. The problem is, we don't really need them currently. There is simply no use for it. It's more like a waste of time for now.

2.) Multipool Update -> actually creates value for the coin itself. But the multipool is working + there many other multipools

3.) Improved Fiat Purchasing Wallet Integration -> It's just link to an exchange. We have enough exchanges and ways to get VRC currently.

4.) Decentralized ANON -> it's good to have this and a great selling slogan. VRC should have an anon option for sure. But why reinvent the wheel? Take look at DRK they are working hard on Darksend+ and on top it's the only thing they are developing and it still takes months for them to get it right. Since this is not one of the main reasons people are interested in the coin, let it rest and just grab any successful open source anon and implement it.

from here on the better and more important things beginn:

5.) Decentralized Usernames -> interesting and unique. But don't know what it would give me in the end.

6.) New Vericoin Website 95% (already? Wow!) - This will most likely not make the coin itself more valueable in the  short/mid term. But if you guys are able to create unique website with reasons to take a look at more often or even a section for total noobs. Also translation in various langues would be amazing. People will help with that for sure. We should collect tips to get them a small donation for the efford.
The Website could get a great source for new users. Ideas here : Online Wallets which are storing the encrypted wallet online (like Blokchain.info does), direct link to the IRC implement the Road map as a dynamic chart, regular news feeds and so on.

7.) VeriBank - > We would need more data about that. For sure a ticking bomb. I would suggest get it just focus on one Country so we can see how it goes and spread from there. I would suggest get in contact with the german "Fidor Bank" since they are already involved with Kraken.com and also are an online Bank using "Peer-to-Peer-Banking".

By far the most potential:
10.Decentralized Exchange -> Thiis should be the main Focus. Really. There several dev. teams working on solutions for anon/decen exchanges. The first working decen. altcoin-exchange that is bounded to the Blockchain of VRC could make the value of VRC explode and also potentially overtake LTC very rapidly. Remember why DRK is still so big? Yes because they were the first coin with a working anon and on top the first coin with x11. Vericoin needs to achieve the same by beeing the first (also working ofc) of something big and important. Anon sending had it's time and can still be improved ofc. but in the end the run is over.

Finally:
I would suggest to focus everything on the Exchange curently. I am not up to date how you guys want the exchange to work but I would love to see:

++bounded to the blockchain
+++Maybe even change the blockchain so we can get a 2.0 blockchain which can even implement smart contracts and other amazing things.
++Altcoins + other goods tradeable (contracts, betting and so on)
++ Accesable over the internetbrowser.

As an Idea:

Since I know this is so way too much to be expected to ever happen by the VRC deve team I would suggest we open a foundation to directly invest into the exchange development by hiring / finding volunteers to speed up the process and get a great p2p exchange opened and make this hole thing blow up.

After this we can focus on Veribank and Marketing. But Untill VRC can't show anything super special Marketing and beauty shouldn't be a focus point.

Just my 50 VRC.

I couldn't agree more. People are jumping here and celebrating what a great road map we have but that is a fucking joke. I have been moaning here for weeks that features like FIAT wallet, meaningless wallet improvements and complementary functions like VeriBit, Verisend etc. simply don't matter. What matters is the integration of a blockchain 2 technology into VeriCoin. Again, it is easier to say than get it done, but there are lots of materials out there like bitcoin's raw transaction using the OP_RETURN output, CounterParty, Ripple, Skycoin and of course Ethereum to study what others do which should be the starting point of any sensible development process (except if you were Steve Jobs and building something that never existed before).

Implementation wise and about possible blockchain 2 use cases, I wouldn't bother with a decentralized exchange. The decentralized exchange in my opinion is based on the same flawed logic as the FIAT feature is - one assumes that the feature would be used just because it is there. Other issue with the decentralized exchange is that even it solves real life business problems, it won't necessarily generate more interests in VeriCoin. I think VeriCoin need a better use case than the decentralized exchange, something that would make VeriCoin more usable by solving some real life business issues.

So what would be that use case? If I would be the dev, I would implement a blockhain 2 based decentralized market place that supports smart contracts. Having and supporting smart contracts is obviously a must for any blockchain 2 based app and in the case of a decentralized market place app the smart contract would enable to perform escrow agreements. The blockhain 2 based decentralized market place would integrate VeriCoin as a trading currency. Such decentralized market place would create interest in the coin as people would actually need VeriCoin to trade goods. Plus the decentralized market place would be a great show case for the vericoin specific blockhain 2 technology.

Your suggestion about the foundation is also a very good idea. Let see what the devs think about the whole thing.

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:31:04 AM

care to share how much it would be?  Smiley

It really isnt much to make a difference in the market if thats what you mean. I am poor Smiley

i think alot of people are waiting on the sidelines right now to see where vericoin is heading.
i dont think the coin is anywhere near dead with the amounts of coins staking right now.
we could see a upwards trend really soon imo.  Wink

but still before that we could lose further 20-30% or even more in a panic.

The road map was needed and a good choise.
We need an overview were the coin is heading and what is up next. It would be nice if the charts would be updated regularly.

But in the end it's all over the same bubble-gum people don't really want to chew anymore.

I am going through the road map to add some comments (it's all just my opinion) starting with weak points going to the important.

1.) New Wallet UI -
iOS Wallet     -> Don't get me wrong it's nice to have pretty and simple working wallets for iOS / android / windows and so on. The problem is, we don't really need them currently. There is simply no use for it. It's more like a waste of time for now.

2.) Multipool Update -> actually creates value for the coin itself. But the multipool is working + there many other multipools

3.) Improved Fiat Purchasing Wallet Integration -> It's just link to an exchange. We have enough exchanges and ways to get VRC currently.

4.) Decentralized ANON -> it's good to have this and a great selling slogan. VRC should have an anon option for sure. But why reinvent the wheel? Take look at DRK they are working hard on Darksend+ and on top it's the only thing they are developing and it still takes months for them to get it right. Since this is not one of the main reasons people are interested in the coin, let it rest and just grab any successful open source anon and implement it.

from here on the better and more important things beginn:

5.) Decentralized Usernames -> interesting and unique. But don't know what it would give me in the end.

6.) New Vericoin Website 95% (already? Wow!) - This will most likely not make the coin itself more valueable in the  short/mid term. But if you guys are able to create unique website with reasons to take a look at more often or even a section for total noobs. Also translation in various langues would be amazing. People will help with that for sure. We should collect tips to get them a small donation for the efford.
The Website could get a great source for new users. Ideas here : Online Wallets which are storing the encrypted wallet online (like Blokchain.info does), direct link to the IRC implement the Road map as a dynamic chart, regular news feeds and so on.

7.) VeriBank - > We would need more data about that. For sure a ticking bomb. I would suggest get it just focus on one Country so we can see how it goes and spread from there. I would suggest get in contact with the german "Fidor Bank" since they are already involved with Kraken.com and also are an online Bank using "Peer-to-Peer-Banking".

By far the most potential:
10.Decentralized Exchange -> Thiis should be the main Focus. Really. There several dev. teams working on solutions for anon/decen exchanges. The first working decen. altcoin-exchange that is bounded to the Blockchain of VRC could make the value of VRC explode and also potentially overtake LTC very rapidly. Remember why DRK is still so big? Yes because they were the first coin with a working anon and on top the first coin with x11. Vericoin needs to achieve the same by beeing the first (also working ofc) of something big and important. Anon sending had it's time and can still be improved ofc. but in the end the run is over.

Finally:
I would suggest to focus everything on the Exchange curently. I am not up to date how you guys want the exchange to work but I would love to see:

++bounded to the blockchain
+++Maybe even change the blockchain so we can get a 2.0 blockchain which can even implement smart contracts and other amazing things.
++Altcoins + other goods tradeable (contracts, betting and so on)
++ Accesable over the internetbrowser.

As an Idea:

Since I know this is so way too much to be expected to ever happen by the VRC deve team I would suggest we open a foundation to directly invest into the exchange development by hiring / finding volunteers to speed up the process and get a great p2p exchange opened and make this hole thing blow up.

After this we can focus on Veribank and Marketing. But Untill VRC can't show anything super special Marketing and beauty shouldn't be a focus point.

Just my 50 VRC.

I couldn't agree more. People are jumping here and celebrating what a great road map we have but that is a fucking joke. I have been moaning here for weeks that features like FIAT wallet, meaningless wallet improvements and complementary functions like VeriBit, Verisend etc. simply don't matter. What matters is the integration of a blockchain 2 technology into VeriCoin. Again, it is easier to say than get it done, but there are lots of materials out there like bitcoin's raw transaction using the OP_RETURN output, CounterParty, Ripple, Skycoin and of course Ethereum to study what others do which should be the starting point of any sensible development process (except if you were Steve Jobs and building something that never existed before).

Implementation wise and about possible blockchain 2 use cases, I wouldn't bother with a decentralized exchange. The decentralized exchange in my opinion is based on the same flawed logic as the FIAT feature is - one assumes that the feature would be used just because it is there. Other issue with the decentralized exchange is that even it solves real life business problems, it won't necessarily generate more interests in VeriCoin. I think VeriCoin need a better use case than the decentralized exchange, something that would make VeriCoin more usable by solving some real life business issues.

So what would be that use case? If I would be the dev, I would implement a blockhain 2 based decentralized market place that supports smart contracts. Having and supporting smart contracts is obviously a must for any blockchain 2 based app and in the case of a decentralized market place app the smart contract would enable to perform escrow agreements. The blockhain 2 based decentralized market place would integrate VeriCoin as a trading currency. Such decentralized market place would create interest in the coin as people would actually need VeriCoin to trade goods. Plus the decentralized market place would be a great show case for the vericoin specific blockhain 2 technology.

Your suggestion about the foundation is also a very good idea. Let see what the devs think about the whole thing.

Who says the DEVs aren't looking at Blockchain 2.0 or something of their own creation ? (Wink wink)
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:51:01 AM

Aside: I have obviated the absurd post (as usual) of socal, because I don't want to repeat his nonsense again and again. I will say one last time that I believe, like many, that this guy is TOXIC to this coin in whatever next-to-the-dev-team capacity he chooses to position himself. He sells (for profit) silver VCR coins. That should be all. Any volunteerism on his part is detrimental. He's like a virulent chorus boy without any capacity whatsoever to carry any discussion, it's like a religious fanatic, on one side, and a violent maniac with a huge tin foil on another. Deadly mix no matter how restrained it must be at times. And dangerous and, I repeat, detrimental in ANY and all cases. Period.

Now on with the important matters: EXCHANGE

As in many other instances -like anonymity, for instance-, I believe it is quite distracting of time and resources for this project. Exchanges already exist. crypto ebay's wanna-be's various. Some with great platforms supporting them... ALL, no exception, are HUMONGOUS FAILURES. There's no money, nor advantages, to create yet another EXCHANGE. None. Unbreakable coin, the labur of love of Jim Blasko, has an excellent market exchange platform... that lacks both sellers and, above all, buyers. Next have probably the best, and same difference. Outside of the crypto community there are several also that accept payment only in BTC. All FAILURES. ok, SIMPLY PUT, THE COMMUNITY IS minuscule still to support a profitable -viable- exchange... not to mention that ebay without the buyer protection will not even exist at this point, imagine the level of fraud and deceit in a market exchange under these conditions. WORSE yet, even if those "problems" are "solved" somehow through escrows and what not -which couldn't work, no matter what, by the way-, imagine you are selling something for 5000 VRC today -at 12k sat when you listed it- and you wake up tomorrow to find that it has been indeed sold for 5000 VRC... only that those VRCs are now worth HALF what they were worth last night... an occurrence quite frequent, albeit some times the halving is surpassed and others it just gets on the way to it at different stages. Put it simply, the coins need STABILIZATION in price before any idea of exchange can even be entertained, let alone spend time and resources in developing it.

Now, to my most recnet knowledge, we still seem to be having serious problems with the most elemental tool: Wallets. Yes, plural. And including the Microsoft one.
Now, if our development team isn't capable of solving with some degree of brilliance this very basic problem -and haven't in weeks, many weeks- I believe we have a much more serious problem that it would to create an absurdly complicated and resources consuming EXCHANGE, don't you think. Is it any surprise that price is languishing given that we cannot apparently solve the most primal problems, problems every copy/paste hackjob out there DOESN'T have?

Lets keep the perspective on the basic, if you will, and let the "many great things coming" in the future. First, the solid basics. Then, build the best coin ever. It already has the best community and, perhaps -this is more doubtful every day that passes, obviously- the best dev team.

Lets build on that.

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:59:18 AM

It's nice to want things.

But these devs have serious day jobs, VRC is a side project to them. They don't have the time to create the best implementation of these ideas that you all have.

Some devs from other coins are working full time, churning out one after the other.

As for VRC... crickets. Socal had to show the roadmap himself because the devs seem busy with other things right now. I mean, just read their "team" link on the VRC web page:

Patrick:
"He is currently pursuing a dual PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology as well as Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics. He also runs a technology website, www.pnosker.com. Pat holds 3 US patents and is co-inventor of five more including one on influenza therapeutics along with Doug Pike."

Douglas:
"is currently pursuing a PhD at Rutgers University in Biomedical Engineering. His Computational Biophysics work includes being the lead developer of a novel protein design software library, as well as an author of numerous scientific publications. In addition to VeriCoin, Doug and Pat are co-inventors of a process to discover influenza therapeutics."

And David is a cubicle slave at microsoft.

To create a coin with future validity, you have to do it full time. But they're not going to push all that away for a side project which suffers from a tarnished image.

altcoinUK

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:12:21 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 06:59:28 AM by altcoinUK

Who says the DEVs aren't looking at Blockchain 2.0 or something of their own creation ? (Wink wink)

Thanks for the positive message LoL, but I think it was enough from the ridiculous hyping about how great this process is, this coin is steadily declining and lets remain realistic about the blockchain 2 feature.

We heard in the last hang out a week ago that the dev3 is very interested in blockchain 2. That's great but that's all vericoin have terms of blockchain 2. "Interested in the technology" - that's where vericoin is with the blockchain 2 development. In the meantime you can review Gavin Wood's cpp-ethereum source code and try out his fully operation blockchain 2 application, read Buterin's papers, read the white papers from Ripple and Skycoin and Viacoin hired Peter Todd. That's how far veicoin is from others in the blockchain 2 race, no wonder the market that lately only rewards blockchain 2 efforts is not interested in vericoin. I fully understand the devs are not in the position to compete with Ethereum, not even with Viacoin, but it would be nice to see some substance or hear about the plans at least.

Wizrig & the devs pulled off the hype & pump card already, in order to generate more interest in the coin the market need more than the usual hype bollocks, and it would be great some more sensible information about the blockchain 2 development, a lot more info what is in the road map.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:19:19 AM

It's nice to want things.

But these devs have serious day jobs, VRC is a side project to them. They don't have the time to create the best implementation of these ideas that you all have.

Some devs from other coins are working full time, churning out one after the other.

As for VRC... crickets. Socal had to show the roadmap himself because the devs seem busy with other things right now. I mean, just read their "team" link on the VRC web page:

Patrick:
"He is currently pursuing a dual PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology as well as Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics. He also runs a technology website, www.pnosker.com. Pat holds 3 US patents and is co-inventor of five more including one on influenza therapeutics along with Doug Pike."

Douglas:
"is currently pursuing a PhD at Rutgers University in Biomedical Engineering. His Computational Biophysics work includes being the lead developer of a novel protein design software library, as well as an author of numerous scientific publications. In addition to VeriCoin, Doug and Pat are co-inventors of a process to discover influenza therapeutics."

And David is a cubicle slave at microsoft.

To create a coin with future validity, you have to do it full time. But they're not going to push all that away for a side project which suffers from a tarnished image.

Yes, that's absolutely true - that's why the hype creation must stop and better not to mislead people what the devs will deliver and where are they terms of the development of advanced features (like that according to the road map the blockchain 2 feature is at 35% completion which is a nonsense, I would be surprised if it is at 5% even if we are talking about a minimalistic blockchain 2 app).
Pages: « 1 ... 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 [615] 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: