Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Morb

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:00:40 PM

It's a damn bloodbath out there today for all coins.  Yikes.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:20:02 PM

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:41:24 PM

@ ScottAllyn

You recently wrote "A Word on Staking" and, in italics, posted this:

"Note that the coin age is essentially reset and starts all over again once a block of coins is done staking."

While I have some trouble with the unnecessary adjectives, such as "essentially", my question here would be more about the ending of the statement: "... once a block is done staking". What EXACTLY -not "essentially"- does that mean? And what is a "block" in the context of your piece? Is there a minimum requirement, like 1,000 VRCs, 5,000 VRCs to "be a block" or ANY amount of VRCs staking is, de facto, a (or more than one) block?

Adding to the confusion: If I have -I'll use your example- a "block of 10,000 VRC" staking in my wallet, when will it be "done staking"?

And how exactly is the coin age reset? Every time people take coins from their wallets and move to any other wallet?

It would be nice and extremely appreciated if when someone post a piece that pretends to be clarifying existing confusion, first makes sure the piece will not create additional confusion instead of clarifying the existing one.
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:13:09 PM

Doug is laying it down on VRC Radio !  Wink  Can't wait to see the implementations he mentioned.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 05:51:01 PM

Doug is laying it down on VRC Radio !  Wink  Can't wait to see the implementations he mentioned.

I'm not able to listen to it since I'm at work. I'm hoping to listen to it this evening before Socal gets on (if he's on tonight). Kev needs to schedule his show around my work hours! Cheesy

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:16:01 PM

I just wanted to share my buying experience on MintPal during the last few days and how I've reacted to it.  Since the sell bots immediately move the price lower everytime I've made a small buy (maybe to paint the tape downwards?), when I want to buy at a lower price I just make a few small buys before I make a larger one at the Ask while also having one or two strategically placed below the highest Bid.

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:47:35 PM

Hey guys,

It is sad to see such a low value for VRC.  However we are not just motivated by price and this is why we aren't anonymous and haven't walked away.  The most important part of being successful is not giving up and it is the thing most people do. This is a reset, if you must sell so be it.  If you want to build the future, we will be here with the community, working to build it!  If we don't give up, we have already beat most of the competition.  

Words mean very little. Let's see where you are and vericoin is in 1 year from now.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:54:23 PM

Hey guys,

It is sad to see such a low value for VRC.  However we are not just motivated by price and this is why we aren't anonymous and haven't walked away.  The most important part of being successful is not giving up and it is the thing most people do. This is a reset, if you must sell so be it.  If you want to build the future, we will be here with the community, working to build it!  If we don't give up, we have already beat most of the competition.  

Words mean very little. Let's see where you are and vericoin is in 1 year from now.

No matter where he is, at least he will still have integrity and won't be burdened by the negative Karma that's associated with having to constantly spread FUD on other altcoin message boards (unlike some people, who many in the altcoin community seem to loathe).

On the other hand, it's pretty telling to me that this little VeriCoin team seems to be that great of a threat to the other altcoins that they have to send bashers over here to try and scare new investors away.  When you think about it though, it's actually kind of cool.  If VeriCoin was really as dead in the water as so many of the bashers try to say it is then why would they spend so much of their time here?   Huh Shocked

Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:58:39 PM

Hey guys,

warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:09:06 PM

Hey guys,

Real talk hard to see the prices this low.  It sucks!! But!!! I believe in the development team ya are working busting your ass I'm staying I'm supporting!! So please later in the week bust out the big news and enjoy your vacation recharge them batteries and bust it with all the new cool things coming our way.   Cause once the price can rise I can veribit my back side to a vacation!!  Point being I still believe as long as ya three are working vericoin will prosper!!
TomHolden

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:24:56 PM

It's great that this is being circulated, but I would have been rather happier if you'd checked with me first before republishing this. Given the choice, I would have preferred that you just linked to the original article, as I do not want this to end up coming above my personal homepage on google. (The least you could do is to link to my personal homepage, and to the original article there.) I'm also a bit irked that it's being published with someone else's bitcoin address at the bottom. Perhaps it's naive to expect any control over content once it's online though.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

"And right here let me say one thing: After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets.

I’ve known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying and selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine – that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make big money. It is literally true that millions come easier to a trader after he knows how to trade than hundreds did in the days of his ignorance.

The reason is that a man may see straight and clearly and yet become impatient or doubtful when the market takes its time about doing as he figured it must do. That is why so many men in Wall Street, who are not at all in the sucker class, not even in the third grade, nevertheless lose money. The market does not beat them. They beat themselves, because though they have brains they cannot sit tight."

-  Edwin Lefèvre (via Jesse Livermore), Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, p. 57

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471770884

Morb

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:33:10 PM

"And right here let me say one thing: After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets.

I’ve known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying and selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine – that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make big money. It is literally true that millions come easier to a trader after he knows how to trade than hundreds did in the days of his ignorance.

The reason is that a man may see straight and clearly and yet become impatient or doubtful when the market takes its time about doing as he figured it must do. That is why so many men in Wall Street, who are not at all in the sucker class, not even in the third grade, nevertheless lose money. The market does not beat them. They beat themselves, because though they have brains they cannot sit tight."

-  Edwin Lefèvre (via Jesse Livermore), Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, p. 57

I have been trying to learn that lesson for the last few months.  Hopefully I get it right sooner or later.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:36:12 PM

It's great that this is being circulated, but I would have been rather happier if you'd checked with me first before republishing this. Given the choice, I would have preferred that you just linked to the original article, as I do not want this to end up coming above my personal homepage on google. (The least you could do is to link to my personal homepage, and to the original article there.) I'm also a bit irked that it's being published with someone else's bitcoin address at the bottom. Perhaps it's naive to expect any control over content once it's online though.

It looks to me like amesterdamer simply reposted the article so you should probably take that up with the people over at cryptomen.com

http://cryptomen.com/about-cryptomen/

TomHolden

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:40:51 PM

It looks to me like amesterdamer simply reposted the article so you should probably take that up with the people over at cryptomen.com

http://cryptomen.com/about-cryptomen/

Ahh, sorry amesterdamer, I'd assumed you were associated with them. Sorry again.
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:44:05 PM

I published a PDF on my thoughts i had several weeks ago

check out my veritalk.info post .

http://veritalk.info/index.php/topic,101.0.html

have a nice day Smiley

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:50:54 PM

I have been trying to learn that lesson for the last few months.  Hopefully I get it right sooner or later.

It took Jesse Livermore several years to learn it.  That was back after the turn of the last century, years before he started making enormous sums of money.  He allegedly made over $100M during the stock market crash of 1929 and was at one point one of the wealthiest men in the world.

sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:54:30 PM

You are perfectly within your rights. That's plagiarism, plain and simple. It would be best for everyone if the owner of the site removes your content immediately. Otherwise, you may have to file a DCMA complaint with the web host.

amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

It's the link that's running on twitter, you have something to complain do it over www.cryptomen.com // https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptomen/ because they published, I only retweeted as everyone else.
TomHolden

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:00:56 PM

It's the link that's running on twitter, you have something to complain do it over www.cryptomen.com // https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptomen/ because they published, I only retweeted as everyone else.

Yes, sorry amesterdamer. I wrongly assumed you were associated with the site.
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: