Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:11:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:16:02 AM

In my opinion August 30th is too early for a promotion like "World Vericoin Day". ideas and money have to be collected, someone must plan it and the stuff has to be sent all over the world. It also has to be promoted on sites like cryptocoinsnews and others and much more.

Just my 2 cents

Yeah, two weeks is pretty unrealistic for such an undertaking, not to mention the fact that "World VeriCoin Day" just feels a bit amateurish. I can appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think it's best not to bite off more than we can chew. Smiley

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:26:09 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 11:44:38 AM by buy4crypto

In my opinion August 30th is too early for a promotion like "World Vericoin Day". ideas and money have to be collected, someone must plan it and the stuff has to be sent all over the world. It also has to be promoted on sites like cryptocoinsnews and others and much more.

Just my 2 cents

Yeah, two weeks is pretty unrealistic for such an undertaking, not to mention the fact that "World VeriCoin Day" just feels a bit amateurish. I can appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think it's best not to bite off more than we can chew. Smiley

The name/declaration alone, do not undercut the idea! Don't call it WVRC day, but instead lets just all get our asses up and start a new trend. LET'S DO SOMETHING! We should all be doing something. I am a potential "VeriLeader" And I call on myself, and all the other VeriLeaders to step up.

Lets set up a 1 time a month meeting (transcripts for those who cannot attend), and plan ideas. Lets have a "VeriLeader" idea creation lab and start to have the best and brightest minds create value. Lets give the developers a aim while they are developing. As of now the vocal part of the community wants everything that any other short natured PnD has had in the past months. We need to get past this and CREATE A BRAND. Right now the culture in VeriCoin is very diverse. We tried to please everyone for to long. Its time to hear it from the top down what we ARE, what we WILL be, and what we will NEVER be. This will help us create a brand.

If we want to be a professional coin for the world to use our culture needs to change NOW! All the best tech companies have a culture that creates a environment where people are passionate and driven to success. Then you have toxic environments where people are not encouraged to work hard and succeed. Lets work to get the people in place to create value, to create a culture ready to create value. As of today, we are miles away from that goal, with no direction. With the right guidance, and people willing to adapt, we can push a culture and get people who wish to be here for that reason. Until we define what a VeriCoin is, we are lost. Our developers are some of the best quality people in the business (integrity, trustworth, ect). This doesn't make them, or our coin a defacto success. The next move is a big one, the community needs to bring in a wave of new people who completely agree with the premise, are professional, and want to be a part of that culture.

VeriLeaders, VeriCoin developers, and various VRC related project heads should be communicating professionally, and often on any recent events and future plans. What happened in those events? What did we learn? How can we improve? Where are we going, and how to get there!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:53:07 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:23:40 PM by buy4crypto

Culture starts with you, I am talking to everyone in the forum. As much as we all claim to be the good guys here. Many of us good guys are no better than those here who come to express a opinion, whatever it may be. We have no value as a community of professional minded business people to take our conversations to low levels. The net value projected on vericoin with every negative post, or senseless post is projected negative. Posts in which people project future positive value will increase the brand, culture, loyalty, and many other things in a coin that you cannot see, but are as important as any to where a coin will head.

Bitcoin didn't get to where it is today because of Satoshi, he guided the community, who was willing, and ready to hear his idea. VeriCoin today has 3 capable people trying to guide this ship to the homeland. We have a ship that is filled with so much talent, but also those people who wish to argue with each other, bring each other down, and insult each other 10 times in a row without saying much different. How is that ship ride going to be compared to the one with the culture of people who are helping each other, who RESPECT each other?

Our forum thread lacks respect in a major way. Having some professionalism will change that in a heartbeat. Often times when I speak as myself, I can be emotional. Everytime I speak as buy4crypto.com, crypto business developer, its much different. As much as some people argue here, and their reasons may be aweful. That is their right. Many people have terrible lives, have terrible things done to them. They can be jaded, but that doesn't have to change who YOU are, and how YOU act!

The culture around here is getting better, but had been seriously toxic, from all sides recently. The core of the VeriCoin teams, (devs and community leaders) really need to think hard about what vericoin is and the image the project. If that doesn't continue to get better, and become a strong point in the future, the coin will never be able to attain its goals.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:55:18 AM

I would love to spread the word around Upstate NY. Will see what I can do. You guys at the state fair need any VeriCoin shwag made up? what is our time frame? I can see if my buddy with the print shop can't make us up some nick-nacks to giveaway.

What ever you can do to help. As far as time frame goes - I have the booth on 8/30/14. So whatever we can get made up before then would be awesome
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:57:45 AM

Just my 2 cents

Well for now regardless of "World Vericoin Day" we do still have my friends and I representing Vericoin at what I would call a pretty major event. We'll have the ability to get exposure to tens of thousands of people. So IMO we should at least make this first event the focus and depending on how it goes - we go from there  Cheesy
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 12:11:12 PM

I have a laser engraver on order, when it arrives i'm going to make some wooden wallets and donate them to those that need promotion material.

_@/'
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 12:18:40 PM

Just my 2 cents

Well for now regardless of "World Vericoin Day" we do still have my friends and I representing Vericoin at what I would call a pretty major event. We'll have the ability to get exposure to tens of thousands of people. So IMO we should at least make this first event the focus and depending on how it goes - we go from there  Cheesy

Definitely. My comments were only in regard to having some sort of "World VeriCoin Day". Your Event is planned and definitely happening; we should all support it!

Take lots of photos!

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:19:14 PM

Culture starts with you, I am talking to everyone in the forum. As much as we all claim to be the good guys here. Many of us good guys are no better than those here who come to express a opinion, whatever it may be. We have no value as a community of professional minded business people to take our conversations to low levels. The net value projected on vericoin with every negative post, or senseless post is projected negative. Posts in which people project future positive value will increase the brand, culture, loyalty, and many other things in a coin that you cannot see, but are as important as any to where a coin will head.

Bitcoin didn't get to where it is today because of Satoshi, he guided the community, who was willing, and ready to hear his idea. VeriCoin today has 3 capable people trying to guide this ship to the homeland. We have a ship that is filled with so much talent, but also those people who wish to argue with each other, bring each other down, and insult each other 10 times in a row without saying much different. How is that ship ride going to be compared to the one with the culture of people who are helping each other, who RESPECT each other?

Our forum thread lacks respect in a major way. Having some professionalism will change that in a heartbeat. Often times when I speak as myself, I can be emotional. Everytime I speak as buy4crypto.com, crypto business developer, its much different. As much as some people argue here, and there reasons may be aweful. That is their right. Many people have terrible lives, have terrible things done to them. They can be jaded, but that doesn't have to change who YOU are, and how YOU act!

The culture around here is getting better, but had been seriously toxic, from all sides recently. The core of the VeriCoin teams, (devs and community leaders) really need to think hard about what vericoin is and the image the project. If that doesn't continue to get better, and become a strong point in the future, the coin will never be able to attain its goals. If that

Well put, respect is key. Regardless of opinions posted, no need for name calling or it turns in this word-war. As for promoting, word to mouth is key, social media, educate your friends / family / co workers on crypto.

Try this one time, ask a random person in the street if they know what Bitcoin is Smiley

I've suggested we come up with a press kit (which I helped out somewhat already ) but we need more examples of how easy it is to use VRC. Most people have no idea you can use it to buy stuff online like BTC.

We will get there, Loving the positive feedback past few posts from everyone  Cheesy
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 12:39:28 PM

For SHA-256 Miners accumulating more VRC you might want to try out mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com

They have a PPS system, no fees and a current 12.5% bonus for mining through the service. Its a great, steady way to earn a few extra btc with your rigs. They pay directly to your btc address and a big point of that mining pool is they don't want to be a bank, so they pay you out quick direct to your addy. Been working out great for me so far.

Shinraven

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:43:24 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:17:00 PM by Shinraven

Since we are all in agreement we need promotions, let's do this. Feel free to ad to this list  Wink I believe i saw a voting poll a while back, we can use that to pick a main idea(s)  

1) Spread the word social media, word to mouth

2) Promotional booth at trade shows, street fairs, you will will need shirts, buttons, give aways. (all will bring awareness) Post pictures of such events

3) Stickers, QR codes, place them at coffee shops, libraries, small business

4) I mentioned to the devs a while back we should do a easter egg hunt. Place random Vrc wallets ( 5 -10 vrc)  let people know about it.. find it it's yours with instructions to Post it via social media.

5 ) Give out prizes, I have my eyes on this Titanium Wallet I saw Pat with * cough cough

6)...

souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:07:44 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:24:49 PM by souljah1h

I like the way Vericoin is going, refreshing Smiley Lets be all good for each other and remember: Try not to do things to others that you would not like them to do to you.

If you can persuade people to apply this, you will have given them a precept by which they can evaluate their own lives and, for some, opened the door to let them rejoin.

The way to happiness is
closed to those who do not restrain
themselves from committing
harmful acts

_@/'
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:09:42 PM

you guys are one of the most amazing communities out there, and I am proud of all of you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Shinraven

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:11:57 PM

I am going to propose an experiment to coincide with the Minnesota State Fair VRC day. It does appear the VRC now has leaders in 25 countries. And I am sure it has potential leaders in every major city in the US.

LETS MAKE SATURDAY, AUGUST 30th "WORLD VERICOIN DAY"

Lets have massive donations to an account established by the devs so every country's capital and every major city in the US will have similar amounts of paper wallets and Vericoin T-shirts so we will have a major worldwide event. From Manila to Rome, From Melbourne -or Sidney, or both, to Tokyo, Paris, London, Munich, Moscow... everywhere. And have those leaders manage the events and upload pictures of hundreds of thousands of people listening and learning about Vericoin and Vericoin World Day. Timing is tight but it can be done. It will not cost too much but it is worth it to be extra generous. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE before. Success, on a major scale, is quite possible. Press and other media at the local level, could be possible in many cases. Imagine, the Vericoin logo, wallets, T-shirts simultaneously in 30-40 biggest cities in the world. Let's do it! Lets have those leaders show leadership, initiative, dynamism and ACTION!.

THERE'S MY HAT...

I knew you had it in you hehe Smiley It might a bit too short notice but I love the idea of global promotion in general. We can work on the name a bit, or what to do on that day. I am not sure about World Vericoin Day, or V-day ( there is already an anti violence campaign with that name ) You might be on to something.

A World Day promo would need at least 1 month+ to get the word out, promote it etc.  I can see people wearing Shirt in front of city icons, NY, Tokyo, Paris..and to those in remote areas.. we need a catch phrase indicating we can use VRC Here, Accepted here, I did my part ... etc.

Overall great idea man, Glad to see you onboard
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:12:04 PM

Just my 2 cents

I sent you some. Thanks again for doing this!

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:22:11 PM

Just my 2 cents

Well for now regardless of "World Vericoin Day" we do still have my friends and I representing Vericoin at what I would call a pretty major event. We'll have the ability to get exposure to tens of thousands of people. So IMO we should at least make this first event the focus and depending on how it goes - we go from there  Cheesy

Did you send money from the fund or your personal stash? I was thinking Verifund could be used for such projects (or is it already?)

_@/'
ofp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:38:38 PM

@Effects to Cause

Please please send out the text files so we can provide the translation of the wallets to other languages
pnosker

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:49:22 PM

Just my 2 cents

Well for now regardless of "World Vericoin Day" we do still have my friends and I representing Vericoin at what I would call a pretty major event. We'll have the ability to get exposure to tens of thousands of people. So IMO we should at least make this first event the focus and depending on how it goes - we go from there  Cheesy

Did you send money from the fund or your personal stash? I was thinking Verifund could be used for such projects (or is it already?)

Personal stash. VeriFund is being saved for some secret projects.

dimfot

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:59:28 PM

is it possible to use the some address on four different miners in the veripool for example veri-address.1 , veri-address.2 , veri-address.3 ,veri-address.4     or just the same address to all for of them?
I want it for tracking reasons

pnosker

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:01:05 PM

is it possible to use the some address on four different miners in the veripool for example veri-address.1 , veri-address.2 , veri-address.3 ,veri-address.4     or just the same address to all for of them?
I want it for tracking reasons

You can only use a vericoin address as the miner username.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:09:16 PM

Just my 2 cents

Wow, amazing indeed. So instead we should do nothing but continue looking at the price going down another 15% every nigh (USA)?

You don't agree, don't contribute. But don't undermine an idea (an idea, mind you, that in only a few hours has added 25% value to VRC, in itself, without much "moving").

And above all, "World Vericoin Day" sounds "amateurish"? Obviously it does to you... what does sound "professional" to you, a pamphlet of confusing posting called Vericoin news that no one will ever read?

"World Vericoin Day" could be "more than we can chew"?? Why?? Why are you shortchanging what other people can do and do DO? What the fuck do we have to LOSE? We are creating something, quite major, in fact. With a purpose and with a future (World Vericoin Day will be a YEARLY event going forward, bigger every year). We are just making something big out of nothing but depressions and a clear path to non-existence. And that is "amateurish"? You betg ypour ass it is amateurish. What is VRC if not an amateurish idea done by people in their spare time? But it is also an idea that we all believe, strongly, it will work and someday will handle a small or not so small part of all transactions in the economy of the world.

People, forget the naysayers. Market has already added 25%, for the first time in days, to your holdings in VRC. Use that to propell it further. Do the best that you can. Make of World Vericoin Day the day where you are going to make your best effort to explain to all your friends, online and in person, what is it the makes you enthusiastic about VRC and why they should be too. Give them some of your own VRC so they will be on the boat. Leaders, do the best you can, even if it is only to distribute printed pages with info ( a printed page will be available for everyone to translate to their own languages and hand out in the streets, from El Zocalo in Maxico to Buenos Aires, Rio, Johanesbourg, Miami... everywhere!. And take pictures that will be uploaded. It doesn't matter if you don't get one hundred merchants to accept VRC right away, make them heard we are here, we are staying and we can bring an entire, quite big and growing, very enthusiastic community that will buy their products/services with the new coin. If you do the best you can, no one can complain, no one will hold you accountable. Yes two weeks is not much, but it is more than enough. Gather whatever resources you can muster and go out there and do it. If for any reason, you cannot do it on the 30th in your city, do it the following Saturday, but do it. IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

I am pretty sure, if we do this, by the 30th VRC will actually be much, much more valuable than it is now, even after this rebound of 25% already in a few hours. The event, whatever you leaders, all of us put in it, will pay in spades. Do not let the naysayers convince you that you cant "chew" this., You can. You cannot get a great camera, use your phone, you cannot get 10 friends to help you, use two. Or just yourself if need be. Do the best that you can, that's all.

Those who feel they cannot do much, you can donate. BUY your cheap VRC now and be generous donating. You are, after all, donating to yourself for it is your stake in VRC that will double in value or much more even, within weeks. We NEED to do this to show the community and the world, that we have a path to success, not just to survival. That we are going to do whatever is needed, to be successful and to be a valid, viable, different -we are the good guys- alternative to shady schemes, fraud and other sheet that populates the crypto world. We are not just different, we are THE DIFFERENCE!

Every important move in the history of the human race has started with a small step forward. I'm propose not a small step, I'm proposing a quantgum leap forward. And we can easily do it.

It'd be nice if the dev team sanctions this move by openly support it, create and address for donation -or the Verifund- and bring more specific ideas to the plate. Time is of essence. But even if the devs choose not to support it which would be quite baffling), this is a community effort. WE CAN and we MUST do it. NOW.
Pages: « 1 ... 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: