Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 [692] 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Amalgamus

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:00:39 AM

I see many people, including the DEVs, talking about mass adoption and mainstream. But here goes a challenge to all of you:

Does anyone here have even the slightest idea of what it takes and how to get there?

I see people talking about new features and easiness to use. Some claim that marketing and promotion will do the job, bringing "normal" people as new investors. Others want to see new merchants accepting VRC as a way to bring it to mainstream.

So, why doesn't the community focus on developing the vision of what is required to take VRC to the masses and represent this vision in a single roadmap? Don't we have what it takes?

Well this doesn't happen over night... I myself am putting as much effort forward on this front as possible. In less than 10 days I will be hosting a Vericoin booth at the Minnesota State Fair. Saturday 8/30/14 from 11am-4pm to be exact. On any given day our state's fair can see anywhere from 150,000-250,000 people. We are going to see A TON of people in a very short amount of time. We have been working quite hard behind the scenes to make business cards, poster boards, signs & banners. We'll be handing out Vericoin, Vericoin poker chips (which by the way ScottAllyn - if you're reading this I got them today! So thanks!) and helping people download the wallet on their phones. We are also in the works of putting together some PR around this event and the team that got us here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this single event is going to turn Vericoin into a every day technology - but its a step in the right direction. People have to wait 5+ years to get a booth at this fair and they aren't cheap ($25K+ isn't an exaggeration). Aside from this 1 event - I have already gotten 6 other people in my personal network to invest in VRC. And 1 person that I got, got 2 others. So thanks to me alone - there are now 8 more people who own VRC just from simply talking about it.

I'm a firm believer in focusing on the mass adoption direction. This has been a goal of mine not only for Vericoin but for crypto currencies as a whole for almost 2 years now. There are very few others outside the VRC team that I see trying to make strides in this direction. This is why I stand behind the coin and this is why I'll continue to support the coin. The great thing about a lot of crypto currencies is the fact they are open source. Let the other coins worry about anon/2.0/usernames/etc. - Vericoin can always take those features down the road and implement them to their own coin.

I get there are other people who don't see mass adoption as a main priority. That is the beauty of this "alt-coin" world. There are tons of different projects with tons of different goals. This is why the whole argument of "my coin is the best coin" is so retarded. Vericoin has their vision and the dev team and supporters (like myself) are working hard on moving the dial forward. I personally would rather put my time and effort into helping the average Joe understand and get into crypto vs. worrying about anon feature and making sure no one know who I am. That's just me - it's not right or wrong but yeah... I think there are others out there who feel the same way I do.
I am going to donate 400vrc to your fund in a minute. Hope it helps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amalgamus

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:07:18 AM

Someone seems mad about the price. I say cut the lose and sell. If someone feels they made a bad investment blame only yourself. May warning out there about crypto. I remember buying Ltc around this time last year. Everyone was soo down on Ltc (bought almost 9900 LYUzQXeAHRqvvYr2Yps7rnJjvCnMWyKLGC which went on BTC-e for BTC). I remember Dogecoin was a gamble... Ultracoin had promise but I couldn't help selling it off in first 2 weeks. I was there with BC in the beginning but recognized a very unhealthy growth and sold to buy back way cheaper (still a great coin and still have some for a rainy day).  Darkcoin was another nice surprise.

The moral of my story is. I have "luck" with coins. My misses nothing I remember too much about but my grand slams will buy you some items. I'm not going to be the "To Da MooN!" guy but keep your eyes on Vericoin.  I love the direction it is going. I love the fact I can spend it like BTC. I hodl and wait.

But if you mad bro... cut and run. No one is to blame for losing $$$ except the person that clicked the buy button! There is no dev, no cheerleader, no pumper, no scammer NO ONE that can ever be blamed but the person that clicked the magic buy button.

Peace out guys... have fun!

P.S. why do people give devs a hard time if they say "This is the next bitcoin", "This will be accepted by everyone that believes in anything resembling money"Huh?

Would it make you feel better if a dev said "i kinda believe in our coin but it might be crap"Huh? Devs do your thang!
Good to see someone putting things into perspective. So much negative feelings are around and it is not good for vericoin.
libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 12:31:36 AM

Will someone save me the effort of reading the last 5 pages of copy and pastes and let me know if the "weekend" announcement has been made?

Still no announcement, they have apparently been getting it in writing for days now.

Muchos Gracias

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:58:18 AM

Well this doesn't happen over night... [...]
I am going to donate 400vrc to your fund in a minute. Hope it helps.

Every coin helps!! We really appreciate the contribution. Thanks to your 400 VRC we are now up to 11,585 Vericoin to be handed our during the Minnesota State Fair! Our goal is to have enough Vericoin to give out two $25 VRC prize drawings on top of 5-10 VRC to anyone who is interested. We hope to handout coins to at least 1,000 people (on top of all the people we will hand promotional materials too) =)

effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 01:09:59 AM

Hey guys,

Just to give an update, the written agreement needed minor modifications, that is all we are waiting on now.  These things go much slower than I had hoped, if it was only under my control it would have been done days ago.  Nonetheless we are moving forward as expected.
pi933

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:17:04 AM

Hey guys,

Just to give an update, the written agreement needed minor modifications, that is all we are waiting on now.  These things go much slower than I had hoped, if it was only under my control it would have been done days ago.  Nonetheless we are moving forward as expected.

These things damn near always take 10x longer than the innovative and fast moving developer thinks. The last startup I did took 10 months to finalize the agreement for the first investment. That's 10 months from when the investor agreed to do it (legal stuff, minor contract edits, changes to shareholder agreements, etc, etc, all take time)! It all can take a lot of time when real money is on the table...
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:05:33 AM

Xosihc Get back to me regarding the wide vinyl banner. Is that still a go for the event ? if so i can put something together asap.

as for the brochure which i mentioned before, it has multiple pages. I circled back with the devs recently and I think it would be ok to share as some of the content has been made public. Since this is multiple pages to print cost can add up.

Do you have any printed material you plan on handing out, if so let me know how i can help.  Smiley

I see many people, including the DEVs, talking about mass adoption and mainstream. But here goes a challenge to all of you:

Does anyone here have even the slightest idea of what it takes and how to get there?

I see people talking about new features and easiness to use. Some claim that marketing and promotion will do the job, bringing "normal" people as new investors. Others want to see new merchants accepting VRC as a way to bring it to mainstream.

So, why doesn't the community focus on developing the vision of what is required to take VRC to the masses and represent this vision in a single roadmap? Don't we have what it takes?

Well this doesn't happen over night... I myself am putting as much effort forward on this front as possible. In less than 10 days I will be hosting a Vericoin booth at the Minnesota State Fair. Saturday 8/30/14 from 11am-4pm to be exact. On any given day our state's fair can see anywhere from 150,000-250,000 people. We are going to see A TON of people in a very short amount of time. We have been working quite hard behind the scenes to make business cards, poster boards, signs & banners. We'll be handing out Vericoin, Vericoin poker chips (which by the way ScottAllyn - if you're reading this I got them today! So thanks!) and helping people download the wallet on their phones. We are also in the works of putting together some PR around this event and the team that got us here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this single event is going to turn Vericoin into a every day technology - but its a step in the right direction. People have to wait 5+ years to get a booth at this fair and they aren't cheap ($25K+ isn't an exaggeration). Aside from this 1 event - I have already gotten 6 other people in my personal network to invest in VRC. And 1 person that I got, got 2 others. So thanks to me alone - there are now 8 more people who own VRC just from simply talking about it.

I'm a firm believer in focusing on the mass adoption direction. This has been a goal of mine not only for Vericoin but for crypto currencies as a whole for almost 2 years now. There are very few others outside the VRC team that I see trying to make strides in this direction. This is why I stand behind the coin and this is why I'll continue to support the coin. The great thing about a lot of crypto currencies is the fact they are open source. Let the other coins worry about anon/2.0/usernames/etc. - Vericoin can always take those features down the road and implement them to their own coin.

I get there are other people who don't see mass adoption as a main priority. That is the beauty of this "alt-coin" world. There are tons of different projects with tons of different goals. This is why the whole argument of "my coin is the best coin" is so retarded. Vericoin has their vision and the dev team and supporters (like myself) are working hard on moving the dial forward. I personally would rather put my time and effort into helping the average Joe understand and get into crypto vs. worrying about anon feature and making sure no one know who I am. That's just me - it's not right or wrong but yeah... I think there are others out there who feel the same way I do.
snakesoft33

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

I AM HERE TO SEE THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:41:00 AM

Someone seems mad about the price. I say cut the lose and sell. If someone feels they made a bad investment blame only yourself. May warning out there about crypto. I remember buying Ltc around this time last year. Everyone was soo down on Ltc (bought almost 9900 LYUzQXeAHRqvvYr2Yps7rnJjvCnMWyKLGC which went on BTC-e for BTC). I remember Dogecoin was a gamble... Ultracoin had promise but I couldn't help selling it off in first 2 weeks. I was there with BC in the beginning but recognized a very unhealthy growth and sold to buy back way cheaper (still a great coin and still have some for a rainy day).  Darkcoin was another nice surprise.

The moral of my story is. I have "luck" with coins. My misses nothing I remember too much about but my grand slams will buy you some items. I'm not going to be the "To Da MooN!" guy but keep your eyes on Vericoin.  I love the direction it is going. I love the fact I can spend it like BTC. I hodl and wait.

But if you mad bro... cut and run. No one is to blame for losing $$$ except the person that clicked the buy button! There is no dev, no cheerleader, no pumper, no scammer NO ONE that can ever be blamed but the person that clicked the magic buy button.

P.S. why do people give devs a hard time if they say "This is the next bitcoin", "This will be accepted by everyone that believes in anything resembling money"Huh?

Would it make you feel better if a dev said "i kinda believe in our coin but it might be crap"Huh? Devs do your thang!
AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 03:32:38 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

Hallelujah brothers and sisters!!  Hallelujah!!

Thou shall believe in the POWER of Vericoin! Thou shall NOT QUESTION the powers that be!

I shall SPITE the non-believers and condemn them to HELL!

The lord hath spoken and the lord shall speaketh again, at some point, sometime, maybe.

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 03:57:06 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

Hallelujah brothers and sisters!!  Hallelujah!!

Thou shall believe in the POWER of Vericoin! Thou shall NOT QUESTION the powers that be!

The lord hath spoken and the lord shall speaketh again, at some point, sometime, maybe.

Amen, from the Arabic and Hebrew, simply means "so be it", or it can also be translated VERIly, or TRUEly. VERI comes from the Latin word for "truth" - veritas.  Got a problem with that?

PS: Whoever is doing language support for VeriCoin, be sure to call it AmenCoin in Arabic speaking countries. Wink

[So fucking tired of the idiots posting here. -amen]

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:17:29 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

Amen, from the Arabic and Hebrew, simply means "so be it", or it can also be translated VERIly, or TRUEly. VERI comes from the Latin word for "truth" - veritas.  Got a problem with that?

PS: Whoever is doing language support for VeriCoin, be sure to call it AmenCoin in Arabic speaking countries. Wink

[So fucking tired of the idiots posting here. -amen]

What the latin origin of the word 'amen' is really has nothing to do with the price of fish these days.

My point was just to illustrate how fanatical and delusional some of the VRC supporters here are when they PRAISE the devs for stringing them along..

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:18:02 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

This child needs to get a life.

Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:25:58 AM

Xosihc Get back to me regarding the wide vinyl banner. Is that still a go for the event ? if so i can put something together asap.

as for the brochure which i mentioned before, it has multiple pages. I circled back with the devs recently and I think it would be ok to share as some of the content has been made public. Since this is multiple pages to print cost can add up.

Do you have any printed material you plan on handing out, if so let me know how i can help.  Smiley

Hey yo,

I hate to throw this at you like this... cause I'm literally leaving for a camping trip in a few minutes. Yeah we are trying to get a poster. You can connect with Amsterdamer guy on IRC or on here to coordinate. I'm not going to be back until Monday night. So hopefully we can get something figured out by then/or then/after that Wink

I'll see everyone in 4 days Wink
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:37:25 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

I have a life.

I also enjoy making fun of delusional fanatics from all walks of life.

What makes you so special?

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:58:40 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

I have a life.

Maybe if you could find a girlfriend (or boyfriend?) it might help. Just a suggestion.

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:02:13 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

I have a life.

Maybe if you could find a girlfriend (or boyfriend?) it might help. Just a suggestion.

Nice try.

I have a partner of 5 years. She is a Doctor, and hot as hell.

Like I said, I just find this place amusing. I'm really not having a go at anyone personally. Yet YOU insist on trying to make things personal...

So, again, what makes you so special?

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:08:38 AM

AMEN!!
AMEN BRO!!!!

I have a life.

Nice try.

Like I said, I just find this place amusing. I'm really not having a go at anyone personally. Yet YOU insist on trying to make things personal...

Are you trying to tell me that you are actually an adult? No. I don't think so. I guess I'll just put you on ignore with the rest of the children.

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:33:57 AM

@ Sdmathis - Enough quoting

I really couldn't care less if you ignore me. You have basically nothing to say anyway so that is fine with me.

I'd rather have an intense argument with someone who actually has something to say than to listen to your comments which offer nothing. No humor, no substance, nothing..

The ADULT thing to do is to be able to discuss things without degrading to childish insults.

setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:03:57 AM

When i was 5 years old I used to play doctor games with our neighbours daughter. Then we got caught by her mother. Bad mistake! My butt still hurts and it's a loooong time ago. So be careful!

Regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:15:06 AM

When i was 5 years old I used to play doctor games with our neighbours daughter. Then we got caught by her mother. Bad mistake! My butt still hurts and it's a loooong time ago. So be careful!

Regards,
Michael

Haha! That's more like my kind of comment =)

Pages: « 1 ... 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 [692] 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: