Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:56:29 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 12:35:12 PM by buy4crypto

Just a scenario to ponder. The deal sounds really good, like, why not start it yesterday? Its free money right?

I emplore everyone to think of the attempts to bring down this coin in the past. This deal may be great, it may be bad. But please, do think about the implications of giving someone ability to modify codes, and the malicious things they could do.

I have no evidence, or even beliefs its the case here. But with the attacks on MP, DDOS attacks, and the overall hate that VRC seems to get from a vocal few. Remember the hack attempt? They extorted no btc from vericoin, you can imagine that they are not very happy. I believe forces could be at work that are still trying to bring this coin down, for whatever reasons where set out months ago when these attacks began.

If we where a coin, with no enemies, and nothing to lose I would say, start this plan juggernuts yesterday.

Realize VRC has enemies, and giving them access to make potentially malicious code that may seem legit, until its to late.

Why else would we have a RISK free offer to make easy money? I urge you all to think about it. I PM'd Doug some interesting points touching on a few subjects that, if successful will get us to be relevant. Its a unique approach that would benefit all of crypto, especially Vericoin. It won't be easy, people will have to do work, but the vision is there.

What I PM'd Doug about over the past few days. This debate is going the wrong direction, IMO once again. From what I believe the "culture" of VeriCoin should be. The goals I set out could become a reality with proper support and coordination. We need to think about investment differently in virtual currency to overtake bitcoin. We need to open up a new culture, a new market, a new way to invest in virtual currencies. The market opening up in 6-18 months is our chance to separate. This doesn't require immediate action, and failure! It requires thoughtful, quality work, and coordination.

An ETF is a basket of assets. Tell me what coins are positioned to be clean, scrubbed down and ready to be invested in by people who demand accountability? VeriCoin has all the accountability, integrity and connections that a coin would need to be considered for this ETF. We will see if this has legs, and I don't really want to give mention to what I spoke to with Doug, because It was a PM, and I feel that, if he is taking me serious, this could be a step forward to something larger than a "coin" and we could become THE virtual currency. It's not worth the loss of value, and there will only be room for so many coins taking this approach. Without going into detail, this potential shift in strategy would provide a clear vision for the future, with many actionable steps that will be taken along the way. Each of these designed to bring our currency longterm value.

Virtual currencies may look to stop competing with vericoin, and as part of the culture we could build on, many may actually want to work closer with us. A lot of big companies are looking at crypto currencies. Why not be that coin to WELCOME them all into our ecosystem, and culture. I have shown the light in which both coins could benefit from such an "outside the box" approach.

We will see what happens. If you expect the price to jump today, tomorrow, or even after you all know whats going on, don't count on it. I propose a lot of work for everyone in the community. I had Doug mention to me that my words may have inspired him in some way. I hope you all realize that this coin can be much more than the flavor of the month if you guys give them proper support and guidance. These guys want to do the right thing, desperately. Lets get on track and you will see a return to what made vericoin special.

The current state of crypto currency is war. Competing for the same dollars that are invested. I proposed a way to be not only peaceful, but to unite crypto currencies. To be a leader in regulation, to be honest, have integrity.. We need to use our strengths better, and shore up our weakness. The plan I proposed looks at the past months sample of work. I provided reasoning, and strategy that can turn vericoin into a powerhouse with not 1 technological advancement, even though these would be welcome to.

Good post!  Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "clean and scrubbed down"? What other top coins would not fall in that category? Thanks.

Coins with hidden developers, anonymous coins. Anything that would detur an exchange traded fund from owning it. The "COIN" ETF is going to bring in money from inside / outside of crypto. If you look at likely reality, the bubble is still forming in financial markets, if it doesn't and the bubble "pops" Virtual Currencies can win from that to.

I think our goal of bringing in money from outside crypto is the right goal. And, with patience, and willingness to work, our timing might be incredible if we come out with a ready product for the ETF market. When financial markets are bubbling hotter, and people are looking more aggresive than ever at speculative investments. I think you could see some real action next year in virtual currencies. You will have that ETF launch, coinciding with a Bitcoin halving again in about 2 years from now give or take.

Credibility, integrity, honesty. These are all things that people will want to see in a coin they are buying for an ETF. These things are built up over time. The last thing they want is PR that the coins they invest in are scams.

We can pave what the future Virtual Currency landscape stands for, while progressing blockchain technologies in more cooperative settings. Infact I think we can grow exponentially if we are one of the first coins to take on this task, with a credible team.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:12:05 PM

No decision will be made before we do our proper due diligence.

Can we have an eta on when such a decision is going to be made and, if you decide to go with 'juggernaught dev', how long it would take before you announced who he was and what he was intending on bringing to the project?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:20:43 PM

Hey sry guys I have not been able to follow the thread due to being busy and not wanting to dig through the random stupidity to get at the actual conversation, what address is the donation for the new dev (that's what we are talking about right? Lol) Anyway someone PM me plz and I'll shoot over some VRC

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:30:48 PM

Just a scenario to ponder. The deal sounds really good, like, why not start it yesterday? Its free money right?

I emplore everyone to think of the attempts to bring down this coin in the past. This deal may be great, it may be bad. But please, do think about the implications of giving someone ability to modify codes, and the malicious things they could do.

I have no evidence, or even beliefs its the case here. But with the attacks on MP, DDOS attacks, and the overall hate that VRC seems to get from a vocal few. Remember the hack attempt? They extorted no btc from vericoin, you can imagine that they are not very happy. I believe forces could be at work that are still trying to bring this coin down, for whatever reasons where set out months ago when these attacks began.

If we where a coin, with no enemies, and nothing to lose I would say, start this plan juggernuts yesterday.

Realize VRC has enemies, and giving them access to make potentially malicious code that may seem legit, until its to late.

Why else would we have a RISK free offer to make easy money? I urge you all to think about it. I PM'd Doug some interesting points touching on a few subjects that, if successful will get us to be relevant. Its a unique approach that would benefit all of crypto, especially Vericoin. It won't be easy, people will have to do work, but the vision is there.

What I PM'd Doug about over the past few days. This debate is going the wrong direction, IMO once again. From what I believe the "culture" of VeriCoin should be. The goals I set out could become a reality with proper support and coordination. We need to think about investment differently in virtual currency to overtake bitcoin. We need to open up a new culture, a new market, a new way to invest in virtual currencies. The market opening up in 6-18 months is our chance to separate. This doesn't require immediate action, and failure! It requires thoughtful, quality work, and coordination.

An ETF is a basket of assets. Tell me what coins are positioned to be clean, scrubbed down and ready to be invested in by people who demand accountability? VeriCoin has all the accountability, integrity and connections that a coin would need to be considered for this ETF. We will see if this has legs, and I don't really want to give mention to what I spoke to with Doug, because It was a PM, and I feel that, if he is taking me serious, this could be a step forward to something larger than a "coin" and we could become THE virtual currency. It's not worth the loss of value, and there will only be room for so many coins taking this approach. Without going into detail, this potential shift in strategy would provide a clear vision for the future, with many actionable steps that will be taken along the way. Each of these designed to bring our currency longterm value.

Virtual currencies may look to stop competing with vericoin, and as part of the culture we could build on, many may actually want to work closer with us. A lot of big companies are looking at crypto currencies. Why not be that coin to WELCOME them all into our ecosystem, and culture. I have shown the light in which both coins could benefit from such an "outside the box" approach.

We will see what happens. If you expect the price to jump today, tomorrow, or even after you all know whats going on, don't count on it. I propose a lot of work for everyone in the community. I had Doug mention to me that my words may have inspired him in some way. I hope you all realize that this coin can be much more than the flavor of the month if you guys give them proper support and guidance. These guys want to do the right thing, desperately. Lets get on track and you will see a return to what made vericoin special.

The current state of crypto currency is war. Competing for the same dollars that are invested. I proposed a way to be not only peaceful, but to unite crypto currencies. To be a leader in regulation, to be honest, have integrity.. We need to use our strengths better, and shore up our weakness. The plan I proposed looks at the past months sample of work. I provided reasoning, and strategy that can turn vericoin into a powerhouse with not 1 technological advancement, even though these would be welcome to.

Good post!  Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "clean and scrubbed down"? What other top coins would not fall in that category? Thanks.

Coins with hidden developers, anonymous coins. Anything that would detur an exchange traded fund from owning it. The "COIN" ETF is going to bring in money from inside / outside of crypto. If you look at likely reality, the bubble is still forming in financial markets, if it doesn't and the bubble "pops" Virtual Currencies can win from that to.

I think our goal of bringing in money from outside crypto is the right goal. And, with patience, and willingness to work, our timing might be incredible if we come out with a ready product for the ETF market. When financial markets are bubbling hotter, and people are looking more aggresive than ever at speculative investments. I think you could see some real action next year in virtual currencies. You will have that ETF launch, coinciding with a Bitcoin halving again in about 2 years from now give or take.

Credibility, integrity, honesty. These are all things that people will want to see in a coin they are buying for an ETF. These things are built up over time. The last thing they want is PR that the coins they invest in are scams.

We can pave what the future Virtual Currency landscape stands for, while progressing blockchain technologies in more cooperative settings. Infact I think we can grow exponentially if we are one of the first coins to take on this task, with a credible team.

Vericoin ETF. No way mate. Not gonna happen ever.

Bitcoin will be the place to store your wealth, and no coin will compete with this. Something like BitShares will also be used as an investment product, a bit more like investing in a stocks.

Therefore having Vericoin positioned as currency allows us to complement Bitcoin and BitShares(or whichever Blockchain 2.0 coin becomes dominant). So the Devs idea of mass adoption is a good one we just need to make sure we have a solid strategy which I think is lacking so far.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:39:12 PM

Bitcoin will be the place to store your wealth, and no coin will compete with this. Something like BitShares will also be used as an investment product, a bit more like investing in a stocks.

Correct. That's what I have been telling here for weeks, the worldwide mass adoption theme is a delusion. Vericoin won't be able to replace Bitcoin nor seriously compete with it at any level.

Having said that Buy4Crypto's effort is great, at least he realised that the brainless cheerleading won't help and something needs to be done. I think Barrabas' "good guys" theme makes lot of sense, that could work especially if ppl like Buy4Crypto support the idea.
mercury7

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:50:17 PM

Correct. That's what I have been telling here for weeks, the worldwide mass adoption theme is a delusion. Vericoin won't be able to replace Bitcoin nor seriously compete with it at any level.

So you admit you're repeating yourself? Glad someone has the energy in these summer doldrums.

Anyway, who said anything about VRC replacing bitcoin? BTC will likely evolve into digital gold,  a store of value with low velocity. VRC can be cash to that gold.

To progress this cash idea further, is anyone interested in writing a service  to send VRC through Facebook or Twitter? Similar to VeriSMS, they could be called VeriPoke and VeriTweet.
kasman5

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:51:34 PM

Having said that Buy4Crypto's effort is great, at least he realised that the brainless cheerleading won't help and something needs to be done. I think Barrabas' "good guys" theme makes lot of sense, that could work especially if ppl like Buy4Crypto support the idea.

Try reading the rest of my post instead of cherry picking quotes. My point was this is exactly why Vericoin should be positioning as mainstream digital currency because we will see the leading crypto-currencies gravitate towards being cyrpto-equities. leaving room for something like Vericoin to move into the existing crypto-currency void.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
mercury7

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:58:52 PM

Try reading the rest of my post instead of cherry picking quotes. My point was this is exactly why Vericoin should be positioning as mainstream digital currency because we will see the leading crypto-currencies gravitate towards being cyrpto-equities. leaving room for something like Vericoin to move into the existing crypto-currency void.

I was quoting altcoinUK, not you.

But since we are chatting, I'd have to say an ETF or ETC for VRC is highly probable if this currency has any future.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

But since we are chatting, I'd have to say an ETF or ETC for VRC is highly probable if this currency has any future.

If we show the willingness to not only be a part of the ETF, but to get out in front and be pro active to get values in place that will be accepting of the regulation that will come with that territory. it will show we are ready to take that step, being the first one will give us credibility with the large funds out there that may choose to invest in not just bitcoin, but alternatives to increase beta.

We still have ideas in place to not only be a part of moving the technology forward, but to be a "key player" in the alt space. It won't be easy, nor will we be given instant credibility. So this isn't a sure shot. But its the best chance, in the long line of longshots alts are to gain us the credibility to take the next step, and become something more.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:04:42 PM

LoL actually that's true, I didn't read the rest of the post.

I purely speculate when I say worldwide mass adoption theme is a delusion, and you could be right that it is doable. Since vericoin can't even convince the crypto currency literate geeks and the current exchange users to support the coin, I can't see what would convince the general public to adopt vericoin as a digital currency instead if using Bitcoin. As you said it should offer some feature that complement to BTC. Like blockchain 2 features, which I have been banging on here for a while. Again, nothing is a certainly winning recipe, saying the blockchain 2 feature would help is speculation as well.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:09:47 PM

hello folks just checking in see how the VRC family is doing. I have been caught up trying to find miners from actual companies at good prices that not scams lol hard work i tell you.  Wink

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
kasman5

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:11:49 PM

I was also quoting altcoinUK lol.

Maybe I should have been clearer, I don't think an ETF will happen within the current financial system. Like the Winlkle twins are doing. I assume this was the type of ETF he is on about.

I stupidily assumed this was the type of ETF you were on about, if not sorry for jumping to conclusions. We could set up an ETF now on BitShares right now with a cost of about $5000. Could be big if we partner with them officially, and then partner with an exchange to offer BTCX/VRC trading pair.

mercury7

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:12:08 PM

Like blockchain 2 features, which I have been banging on here for a while. Again, nothing is a certainly winning recipe, saying the blockchain 2 feature would help is speculation as well.

Ethereum needs a competitor. Institutional investors and established technology companies will demand it. Vericoin should declare itself to be the competition. Given Dev3's interest in this area and the soon to be expected frenzy that will seek out blockchain 2.0 apps, this would be a smart move.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:15:15 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 08:48:30 PM by altcoinUK

So you admit you're repeating yourself? Glad someone has the energy in these summer doldrums.

Anyway, who said anything about VRC replacing bitcoin? BTC will likely evolve into digital gold,  a store of value with low velocity. VRC can be cash to that gold.

To progress this cash idea further, is anyone interested in writing a service  to send VRC through Facebook or Twitter? Similar to VeriSMS, they could be called VeriPoke and VeriTweet.

I expect a consolidation in the digital currency world and only 1-2 digital currencies survive eventually, probably only Bitcoin. However, there could be many digital currency and blockchain enabled applications such as Ethereum and other platforms, that provides a framework for different type of use cases and in order to perform the use case you need to use the platform specific digital currency, which is in the case of Ethereum ether. In my opinion if vericoin can find that specific use case like decentralized exchange, decentralized marketplace, rolling doughnut hole that accept flying fucks or whatever is a USEFUL USE CASE than it is a good chance to get even 100 million users. If you just want to be the generic digital currency then you directly compete with Bitcoin, and there is no chance in my opinion.
kasman5

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:15:39 PM

I purely speculate when I say worldwide mass adoption theme is a delusion, and you could be right that it is doable. Since vericoin can't even convince the crypto currency literate geeks and the current exchange users to support the coin, I can't see what would convince the general public to adopt vericoin as a digital currency instead if using Bitcoin. As you said it should offer some feature that complement to BTC. Like blockchain 2 features, which I have been banging on here for a while. Again, nothing is a certainly winning recipe, saying the blockchain 2 feature would help is speculation as well.

Haha fair enough.

I'm still not sure I've got my point across. Who will want to use Bitcoin as a currrency when confirmations are so slow. It's OK for some stuff but when things are time critical your gonna want to use something like VRC.

altcoinUK

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:20:54 PM

Like blockchain 2 features, which I have been banging on here for a while. Again, nothing is a certainly winning recipe, saying the blockchain 2 feature would help is speculation as well.

Ethereum needs a competitor.

That's absolutely correct.

Given Dev3's interest in this area and the soon to be expected frenzy that will seek out blockchain 2.0 apps, this would be a smart move.

I am not sure about that seeing the progress and lack of expertise in the area. When I asked EffectsToCause two days ago he couldn't say any concrete information about the progress, it seems to me the devs can't even complete their first white paper. Then how far are they from Gavin Wood's excellent yellow paper that is not only a high level software document but a remarkable scientific paper in my opinion. If you are talking about competing with Ethereum then you compete with Gavin Wood and Buterin, not an easy task at all :-))
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:25:23 PM

Haha fair enough.

I'm still not sure I've got my point across. Who will want to use Bitcoin as a currrency when confirmations are so slow. It's OK for some stuff but when things are time critical your gonna want to use something like VRC.

Haha or not haha ... I am frequently informing about that questions users here who are (just like you) not familiar with the blockchain and the BTC source and programming aspects of the BTC blockchain, what you can do with BTC. Look at the conversation 4-5 days ago when I explained here timed transaction that allows instant transactions in a kind of trustless manner using green addresses on the BTC blockchain.
mercury7

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:26:48 PM

If you are talking about competing with Ethereum then you compete with Gavin Wood and Buterin, not an easy task at all :-))

It won't be easy, but we are all men, so there's no need to be intimidated by others' talents.

I'd say the first step to competing with Ethereum is to declare so publicly. Believe me, the Ethereum devs would welcome this. It would also be a bit of a coup publicity-wise for Vericoin.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:35:36 PM

If you are talking about competing with Ethereum then you compete with Gavin Wood and Buterin, not an easy task at all :-))

It won't be easy, but we are all men, so there's no need to be intimidated by others' talents.

I'd say the first step to competing with Ethereum is to declare so publicly. Believe me, the Ethereum devs would welcome this. It would also be a bit of a coup publicity-wise for Vericoin.

Yeah, you are right, I always say this that vericoin should try to compete in this area. On the other hand, needs to be realistic, because the outcome of the competition doesn't depend on who is the less intimidated and most ambitious, but mainly depend on a) expertise  b) hard work.

I am not sure if you are familiar with East Asia, when I am on business trip I always see the little Chinese guys on the basketball fields in Taipei - they are ambitious and not intimated, but they will never compete with Lebron James, because they are little, slow and by default configuration aren't suited for competitive basketball game.
kasman5

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:40:06 PM

Haha fair enough.

Haha or not haha ... I am frequently informing about that questions users here who are (just like you) not familiar with the blockchain and the BTC source and programming aspects of the BTC blockchain, what you can do with BTC. Look at the conversation 4-5 days ago when I explained here timed transaction that allows instant transactions in a kind of trustless manner using green addresses on the BTC blockchain.

Yes I have neglected Greenadress' but with this adding to the 1mb transaction problem I think there's a need for other Blockchains such as VRC.

Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: