Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 [723] 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:46:22 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 03:57:57 PM by buy4crypto

I think that being a asset to people creating value in crypto, instead of competition could be a unique approach that could seperate this coin from others. Perhaps we can create technological advancements, its not to say we can't. But, IMO, with how fast crypto moves, If we take the approach, of a nimble helper, rather than bunker down with 1 thing or another. It may give us a new approach that will give us the value of many leading edge projects, while keeping our project nimble, and ready for the changing landscape that will come up, and we must be leading the way for. When it comes time to implement things for vericoin we would gain from having relationships with the developer teams. This could pay off in many ways at a later date.

By being focussed on culture, and quality we can pick and choose the best open source projects to make VeriCoin a clean, streamlined currency meant for trade. We can support projects with projects, we support other community, with our community. We can stop a project, and move on when they aren't going to pay off for our vision, and we can pickup projects like that, and increase the value, and integration for both at the same time.

Nobody has taken the roll of Virtual Currency incubator. I think that if we prove that we are capable in our own right, and that people will seek out vericoin for help on projects, this will further the credibility we have, and make clear to everyone what VeriCoin is, and will be. What VeriCoin stands for, and what it doesn't. We would be champions of everything blockchain, blockchain 2.0, and be professional.

We can become much greater than the sum of the parts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

Yes I have neglected Greenadress' but with this adding to the 1mb transaction problem I think there's a need for other Blockchains such as VRC.

I agree with that, as I said you are quite right that there is place for other blockchains - for specific use cases.

All I tried to point out was that the most assumed use case the instant transaction is probably not the best one, because BTC can do that with green addresses and other payment service provider specific solutions. From the generic end users' viewpoint the green address and other existing solutions to perform instant transactions are perfect. The generic end users keep their private keys at online services lately, they could not care less about the implementation and how the BTC instant transaction works, it is there and it is good enough. Vericoin is not going to beat BTC because by offering instant transactions, that's for sure.
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:59:38 PM

Yes I have neglected Greenadress' but with this adding to the 1mb transaction problem I think there's a need for other Blockchains such as VRC.

I agree with that, as I said you are quite right that there is place for other blockchains - for specific use cases.

All I tried to point out was that the most assumed use case the instant transaction is probably not the best one, because BTC can do that with green addresses and other payment service provider specific solutions. From the generic end users' viewpoint the green address and other existing solutions to perform instant transactions are perfect. The generic end users keep their private keys at online services lately, they could not care less about the implementation and how the BTC instant transaction works, it is there and it is good enough. Vericoin is not going to beat BTC because by offering instant transactions, that's for sure.

Yes I would agree with everything you said.

However I believe as Bitcoin moves to being deflationary, technically inflationary at the moment, then Vericoin has an advantage as it encourages people to spend as we have what, 1.5-2.5% inflation or as we are calling it Dynamic interest.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 04:08:17 PM

Hey sry guys I have not been able to follow the thread due to being busy and not wanting to dig through the random stupidity to get at the actual conversation, what address is the donation for the new dev (that's what we are talking about right? Lol) Anyway someone PM me plz and I'll shoot over some VRC

Hey socal, I don't think anything has been decided yet. Discussion/vetting are ongoing.  The escrow address has yet to be setup.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 04:11:32 PM

Hahhaa popped in here after selling along time ago... so many problems still in here LULZ....
pookielax31 :"Sent a nice long email  Grin This would be a nice added feature to dark.. being able to spend where Btc is accepted....." you posted this on the dark coin thread lol looks like you been there awhile..hows that going for you? so you come here to make jokes...but yet are trying to get the dark team to copy vericoin?! LULZ...

Copy Vericoin? AHAHAH[Ignored]

Yet another one...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
mercury7

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:13:21 PM

Nobody has taken the roll of Virtual Currency incubator.

I like this. It's VeriCombinator.  Grin
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:27:41 PM

Hey sry guys I have not been able to follow the thread due to being busy and not wanting to dig through the random stupidity to get at the actual conversation, what address is the donation for the new dev (that's what we are talking about right? Lol) Anyway someone PM me plz and I'll shoot over some VRC

Hey socal the Devs and Dev4 are just talking right now...no decision or fund has been made yet.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 05:46:58 PM

Nobody has taken the roll of Virtual Currency incubator.

I like this. It's VeriCombinator.  Grin
Isnt Veribank incubator?

_@/'
MAD945

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:12:57 PM

Like blockchain 2 features, which I have been banging on here for a while. Again, nothing is a certainly winning recipe, saying the blockchain 2 feature would help is speculation as well.

Ethereum needs a competitor.

That's absolutely correct.

Like blockchain 2 features, which I have been banging on here for a while. Again, nothing is a certainly winning recipe, saying the blockchain 2 feature would help is speculation as well.

Given Dev3's interest in this area and the soon to be expected frenzy that will seek out blockchain 2.0 apps, this would be a smart move.

I am not sure about that seeing the progress and lack of expertise in the area. When I asked EffectsToCause two days ago he couldn't say any concrete information about the progress, it seems to me the devs can't even complete their first white paper. Then how far are they from Gavin Wood's excellent yellow paper that is not only a high level software document but a remarkable scientific paper in my opinion. If you are talking about competing with Ethereum then you compete with Gavin Wood and Buterin, not an easy task at all :-))

How do you know Gavin didn't work for months on that yellow paper? Give Doug a break, I talk to him frequently on IRC and he is working hard on multiple things at once. I know what your going to say "He needs to Prioritize!", while I do agree that there should be a steady follow of releases it doesn't always work out that way.

Mass adoption is a possibility but is a long way off and there may be to many steps to achieve this lofty goal.

I think what Vericoin needs to do is focus on the currency aspect...even bitcoin hasn't even achieved this in my eyes.

We need to focus on the three S's;

1. Simple - simple to use, simple to understand

2. Secure - needs to be the most secure crypto there is, password to send, 2FA, multi-sig

3. Spendable - this one is hardest aspect that all of crypto is dealing with...why do people need to use it? I think we should be focusing on being your own bank, you are in control of your money. How its spent, how its stored, how it's saved! We need to show the long-term and short-term aspects...

Sorry guys these are just random thoughts following out of my brain...just woke up lol
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:39:17 PM

well I'm really happy people are finally talking professionally and getting along... having productive convos and debates. i hope this continues ! I'm useless to help in those departments, not gonna pretend but i think there are tons of great ideas and points made in the last few pages and i really hope you guys who do work on this and have the knowledge to do so keep it up and stay civil so we can actually move forward... I'm just a useless investor/cheerleader Wink according to the aggressive ppl in this thread(no need to mention who everyone knows who they are) so ill just keep doing what i do best and keep accumulating.. i always believed vericoin was gonna be the coin to break through and set new standards, and i still do!

great to see positive ppl again!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:45:12 PM

[...]
How do you know Gavin didn't work for months on that yellow paper? Give Doug a break, I talk to him frequently on IRC and he is working hard on multiple things at once. I know what your going to say "He needs to Prioritize!", while I do agree that there should be a steady follow of releases it doesn't always work out that way.

One of the other coins that I'm invested in is Viacoin, which has dropped ~70% in the last two weeks. As expected, some of the Viacoin community members are getting "fidgety". The more vocal among them are pointing worriedly at the decline and asking why there haven't been any updates (ring any bells?). btcdrak has an excellent reply, which I think can be applied to VeriCoin, as well:

The big problem is, the reality of it, developing technology for a coin is not a linear progression. It's not like baking a cake where you can predict with high degree of success exactly when it will be ready. Software throws up unexpected bugs, or you get unexpected issues that turn out the be more complex than you thought. You discover bugs in upstream libraries which take time to resolve. This is all very time consuming. Coinmarkets are always looking for the next thing, and the next hype, meantime we've got our heads down working so maybe it doesnt look like stuff is going on.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:54:51 PM

Mass adoption is a possibility but is a long way off and there may be to many steps to achieve this lofty goal.

I think what Vericoin needs to do is focus on the currency aspect...even bitcoin hasn't even achieved this in my eyes.

2. Secure - needs to be the most secure crypto there is, password to send, 2FA, multi-sig

3. Spendable - this one is hardest aspect that all of crypto is dealing with...why do people need to use it? I think we should be focusing on being your own bank, you are in control of your money. How its spent, how its stored, how it's saved! We need to show the long-term and short-term aspects...

Sorry guys these are just random thoughts following out of my brain...just woke up lol

aside from vericoin, I invested in bitsharesx - because i find there are a lot of intelligent people on that thread~lol. to be honest tho, my head hurts reading what they are saying - it is very interesting and futuristic, but i doubt the general public can easily grasp what it is for..i'm just picking up on it.

so i agree with your 3's
MAD945

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:00:04 PM

[...]

One of the other coins that I'm invested in is Viacoin, which has dropped ~70% in the last two weeks. As expected, some of the Viacoin community members are getting "fidgety". The more vocal among them are pointing worriedly at the decline and asking why there haven't been any updates (ring any bells?). btcdrak has an excellent reply, which I think can be applied to VeriCoin, as well:

The big problem is, the reality of it, developing technology for a coin is not a linear progression. It's not like baking a cake where you can predict with high degree of success exactly when it will be ready. Software throws up unexpected bugs, or you get unexpected issues that turn out the be more complex than you thought. You discover bugs in upstream libraries which take time to resolve. This is all very time consuming. Coinmarkets are always looking for the next thing, and the next hype, meantime we've got our heads down working so maybe it doesnt look like stuff is going on.

Thanks for that Scott...great quote from btcdrak. Hopefully the people who are complaining that things aren't being released and things aren't progress can be put into prospective. You guys aren't doing the work so how bout show some respect! Let the Devs do their work, be thankful that they are here to continue their work, and they are not giving up when the pressure is on.
MAD945

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

aside from vericoin, I invested in bitsharesx - because i find there are a lot of intelligent people on that thread~lol. to be honest tho, my head hurts reading what they are saying - it is very interesting and futuristic, but i doubt the general public can easily grasp what it is for..i'm just picking up on it.

so i agree with your 3's

Thanks Yoshi!

Like ereborltc, I'm an investor and have limited programming skills(working on that, decided to go back to school for this very thing). But I think people need to share their thoughts and ideas. This is the communities coin, not just the Devs...they've repeated this over and over.

I'm really liking this calm and constructive discussion going on in the last few pages, I'm really hoping this continues. Just in the last few posts; some great ideas and thoughts.

This is how I remembered the Vericoin community and why I invested in it.

For a select few who seem to want to be the bull in the china shop....I think we should just ignore and continue discussing and sharing our thoughts and ideas.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

Going into detail with 'dev4' on the technical aspects, it's very intriguing and potentially very VeriExciting stuff.  Discussions ongoing...
warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

Going into detail with 'dev4' on the technical aspects, it's very intriguing and potentially very VeriExciting stuff.  Discussions ongoing...

If you bring him or a new developer there will be full disclosure of who he is?? He will not be the wizard of Oz??
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:38:36 PM

If you bring him or a new developer there will be full disclosure of who he is?? He will not be the wizard of Oz??

He would make an announcement himself about his working relationship with us.
MAD945

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:39:44 PM

He would make an announcement himself about his working relationship with us.

Veri Nice...please keep us posted!
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:54:23 PM

Prediction: Dev4 is David Zimbeck who will bring BlackHalo to Vericoin.

Who else is there it could be? Peter Todd offers consulting at $50 an hour?

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:57:36 PM

Prediction: Dev4 is David Zimbeck who will bring BlackHalo to Vericoin.

Who else is there it could be? Peter Todd offers consulting at $50 an hour?

No though we have been in talks with him.
Pages: « 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 [723] 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: