Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:40:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

Is "boxxa" 'dev4'?

Although this has absolutely nothing to do with the rumor/possibility, let's get it out of the way first: I don't like "boxxa" at all. I believe he is an insufferable, arrogant SOB.

Now, with that out of the way, is "boxxa" 'dev4'?

I bring up the question because "boxxa" joined the dev team at Pink Coin a couple weeks ago and, after delivering a complex system by which people can send money from their smartphones without having to type the entire wallet address of the receiver -main reason why VeriSMS is actually impossible to use in real life- but rather their email or even a much shortened code made of a few symbols, has now, abruptly, left the Pink team...

Now, Vericoin's devs have said they are developing a similar system to make VerySMS usable (the translation for that would be "we are copying "boxxa's" invention..."), so putting a few dots together, some have come to the "conclusion" that "dev4" could indeed be "boxxa". IF that is the case, I personally would be quite disappointed for the "Good Guys" brand that barely remains Vericoin's only asset, and that in and of itself is quite quickly disappearing, definitely would be sitting on a time bomb with "boxxa" on board.

That said, he cannot be more arrogant than Nosker and Pike have been... the difference being that he can actually code.

Developments regarding this rumor upcoming, I am sure.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tazmania

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:41:57 PM

Why are people arguing with people that were not smart enough to sell after the hack above 30k. There is no hope for these people.

I would say just cash out and move on but that is impossible now. You can hang out with QRK and BC bagholders. WDC and CLOAK guys too. See the trend?

cryptotho

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:47:17 PM

Why are people arguing with people that were not smart enough to sell after the hack above 30k. There is no hope for these people.

I would say just cash out and move on but that is impossible now. You can hang out with QRK and BC bagholders. WDC and CLOAK guys too. See the trend?

sad but true
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 10:24:50 PM

Well, sorry it took me a few moments to provide a recap to the MN State Fair event. It was a long day, long night and I had some family things to attend to this morning before finally getting back to my computer.

Overall I would say the event was a success! I'll be honest and admit there were some things that could have gone better. At the same time we had some good surprises too. So yeah, there were both good and bad surprises, which during an event like this would be expected.

I'll start with the unexpected "bad stuff" first and end with the positive second.

So just to remind people - our Vericoin booth was part of a bigger booth titled the "MN World Fair Expo 2023" aka Expo 2023. The purpose of Expo 2023 is to raise awareness/donations for Minnesota to host the World Fair in 2023. So part of the reason they were excited to have Vericoin be part of the booth was to display "future technology" like digital currencies and 3D printing (for example). So with that being said - they had our Vericoin booth tucked behind everything going on with Expo 2023. I was hoping we'd have more front and center space, which we did not, which was disappointing. I took to MS Paint with my pro graphics design skills to show what the set up looked like:

The brownish/red rectangles were the entrance to the building. Red lines was the way traffic was moving. The blue rectangle was our booth. The black circles on the outside black line was were Expo 2023 posted informational stations. And the orange circles were Expo 2023 volunteers.

With them being all over the place we had no chance to get people to actually come into the area and talk to us about Vericoin. So as a result we had to ditch hanging out behind a table and just force ourselves front and center to stay engaged with everyone walking by. The blue circles where were my friend Jake and I were mainly standing.

So with all that in mind - we basically stood front and center with the laminated Vericoin Flyers, business cards and our phones with VRC loaded into them in hand. Nothing really changed in the sense we talked to as many people as we could about VRC. The disappointing part was the fact we couldn't pull people in to sign-up for the drawing, which to be honest no one really was interested in doing anyway. Which meant we were unable to collect any information to follow-up with people on a mass scale.

So this second "bad piece" was by far the biggest issue of the whole day. There were times when no one could use their phones! We did not see this coming but due to the mass amount of people in such a compacted area (there were seriously tens of thousands of people everywhere) - there were times when no one could get 3G/4G connections to work. It was taking anywhere from 5 minutes to 10 minutes for people to actually get a connection and download the VRC wallet, at the best times! There were a handful of people who were patiently trying (one family stuck around for probably 15 minutes) but just straight up couldn't get a connection at all. We tried walking outside, going around the corner but no matter where you went there were just mass amounts of people everywhere!! So that was a huge unexpected surprise. For those who were interested in collecting some VRC but couldn't receive any - I handed them my personal information and asked them to contact me personally. There were about 5-6 people who seemed interested in following-up - we'll see if they do.

I will also admit when I am wrong. Both altcoinUK and buy4crypto talked days before the event how handing out $1-5 was so insignificant people wouldn't be interested. Being that I work marketing events all the time and see the hoops people will jump through to receive: a sticker, a free candy bar, a free pen, etc. - I thought we'd have no problem handing out $1-5 free dollars in Vericoin. Well they were absolutely correct that people had no interest in that. We had to bump the price tag up to $25/person and even then most people weren't interested in talking. So instead of doing the high volume/high mass interaction as we had planned - we changed gears and did the quality vs. quantity piece. The only people we handed out VRC to were people we spent a good 5-15 minutes talking to us which was really the time it took for them to get the wallet downloaded, account registered, and Vericoin sent over anyway. As a result - depending on how many people do actually follow-up. We have almost half our VRC stash 5,900 left over from the event. I'm going to leave this for another discussion but I am thinking there is 1 of 2 solutions to having this left over VRC. I'm happy to provide a refund to those who donated. Surprisingly enough I know where about 85% of the VRC came from - so given the fact we started the day with a little less than 12,000 VRC I can pretty much give back everyone 1/2 of what they donated. Or I can rollover this stash for the next event I have coming up on 9/4/14. I will only take feedback from those who donated as far as what to do with this. I am open to either idea.

Whew... ok. So I want to turn my attention towards what went well. For the matter of time/space I am going to be more brief on the good parts. I know I was a bit heavy on the details explaining what didn't go as planned above. But again, please realize we had a wonderful day and really felt the event went well. I am not just saying that because I ran it - it was an awesome day!

First piece being: we had some REALLY good conversations with a lot of people. Even though we didn't hand us as much VRC as we anticipated don't let that fool you into thinking we didn't talk to a lot of people, because we did! iPhones, dumbphones, no phones obviously kept many people from receiving any VRC during the event. We made sure to get them the proper information to read more about Vericoin, showed them the website, and gave them contact information to follow-up with, with any questions.

A big positive was the fact all the Expo 2023 volunteers were willing to help us pass out Vericoin business cards. So even though they did get in the way of blocking our booth and really had their own agenda - they were still nice in helping us pass out business cards and were helping pull people in to hear about Vericoin. That was a nice surprise. Also with the remaining 100-150 business cards we had - the Expo 2023 booth said to leave them there and that they would pass them out over the remaining 2 days.

Probably the best surprise of all was that we had a great interview with the Minnesota Secretary of State who was at the event briefly to help support Minnesota businesses. This is something that was recorded and will be edited down. As soon as I have a copy of this piece I will be passing it along to the Vericoin community. The best part of the interview was that he specifically continued to refer to Vericoin (not bitcoin) as a way to help businesses grow. All in all we recorded for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure what the final piece will look like. We also had some great photos during the day - which again are coming from multiple sources and will be passed along when all collected.

I also talked to a few people who seem interested in investing some money into VRC. This is not on any large scale but I do believe as a result of the event we will be getting a few more thousand dollars invested in the coin. I am following up with these people personally and am going to help them get accounts set up to move forward.

I am going to just leave it at that for now. I know this is (another) long post by me. So much time and effort went into planning this event and I really do appreciate everyone help! I don't want to just forget about it and move on but at the same time - I have the next event for VRC coming up in 5 days! 9/4/14 I am hosting my bitcoin meetup's group next meeting to discuss all alt coins, obviously I'll be talking VRC - and should have a very engaging night, given the fact all people attending are already involved in the bitcoin community.

That is exciting that the MN Secretary of State took interest for an interview! Do you think the relationship was strong enough to follow that up with a well thought out letter maybe clarifying any concerns or questions he may have had? Who knows, maybe he could connect us to the commerce dept, or another valuable resource to work with them in the future.

Glad to hear that you all could make the best of the day and bring awareness to more people. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:44:33 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 11:16:37 PM by setup

Mainly because of work - I haven't had the time to post on here to the degree I would like to.

I would however like to take a moment and chime in my 2 cents on the recent debates and say NO WAY should we moderate these threads. Everyone is entitled to their opinions (both good and bad) and it's sad to think people want to ban those who simply disagree with their side.

It's great to hear there are going to be new, moderated forums outside of BTCtalk.org - I will however continue to use this website as my main channel for communication. Why would I want to go to a website where I only hear like minded people agreeing with every thought? The strength any idea gets comes from those who challenge it.

Hi Xosihc,

so did I think a while ago but I changed my mind. Not the arguements are driving me mad, in some points B&A are right and we should think about. It's the way they do it. Would you enter a restaurant, if in front of it two guys are telling you the meat is rotten? You can go in and find out if it's true, but i bet you would go to the next restaurant. That's what is happening here.
They hate VRC and don't want it to succeed, so they try everything to talk it down and keep people out of it.

Whenever VRC was ascending huge sellwalls appeared and I believe the intention is the same.
New customers don't read hours over hours to find out who's right. On every page of the thread you find the negative crap of these guys and run away, that's why I hope this thread will be  closed or at least not be promoted anymore.

Regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:47:12 PM

So the whole website showing the current progress and everything that has already been implemented means nothing???  The fact the price is low is something to be concerned about I agree but just because the Devs are not on here every day like most holding our hands and saying everything is ok and giving us updates doesn't mean there aren't any coming.  Like I have heard numerous times, this is still a coin that's being developed whether it's something we see or it's something that is being done behind the scenes and will see once complete.  This coin is only a few months old at best and I cannot possibly imagine how hard it must be to make everyone happy all at once, develop, have personal lives and still have to come here to listen to all this whining non stop about how this or that sucks and how we as investors are mad about the progress or lack of.  Seems the word patience means very little these days but I honestly think that the ones that have it will be rewarded long term.  

I don't know if you ignore the evidence on purpose or are just trying to convince yourself... it's baffling, really. Look, since the coin was released, there has not been any development, any at all, of any significance. 2 deals with third parties that ONLY benefit those third parties (Moolah and the one behind the Visa prepaid card) and, much more importantly, the already widely evidenced -and, de facto, admitted- incompetence of the three devs. It is admitted and for that reason they are looking at what "dev 4" can offer since they are just not capable of even covering the most basic bases of the current coin (working wallet, even a realistic attempt at a multipool...), much less of progress with the project in any technical -or otherwise- way. There's, I repeat, ample evidence of all of this... even now and in the past 2 months, when the devs have had the luxury of vacation tyime to dedicate to Vericoin... imagine what is going to happen going forward when they have many more pressing obligations.

So it isn't a matter of patience at all. It is a matter of, credibly, honestly, taking a deep look at what the project is and where it stands, not patience.

God I hate to quote but maybe this one last time,

Not ignoring any evidence, I just see more potential in this than in others.  The fact that this coin has Devs who are known and do interact with the community, although I can see why they have stopped in here, says a lot.  I used to agree on some of your points till  your posts became vulgar and rather boring to read due to the overall content and length just going on and on about how you think things should be and there's no other way.  Like it's your way or the highway.  I think the fact the Devs have been looking at other possibilities and have finally admitted their shortcomings also says a lot about their character.  I agree on the "Good Guys" theme but I also believe the job is not done and the ink is still wet.  Everyone has their own views and or opinions and this back and forth "No you are wrong and I am right" has to stop.  We just need to come together as a community, hold hands, give a big group hug, kiss and make up.  Let bygones be bygones and let's move forward, give our Devs the support they so desperately need and see this project though to the end.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:12:08 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 11:28:43 PM by ereborltc

Mainly because of work - I haven't had the time to post on here to the degree I would like to.

I would however like to take a moment and chime in my 2 cents on the recent debates and say NO WAY should we moderate these threads. Everyone is entitled to their opinions (both good and bad) and it's sad to think people want to ban those who simply disagree with their side.

It's great to hear there are going to be new, moderated forums outside of BTCtalk.org - I will however continue to use this website as my main channel for communication. Why would I want to go to a website where I only hear like minded people agreeing with every thought? The strength any idea gets comes from those who challenge it.

Hi Xosihc,

so did I think a while ago but I changed my mind. Not the arguements are driving me mad, in some points B&A are right and we should think about. It's the way they do it. Would you enter a restaurant, if in front of it two guys are telling you the meat is rotten? You can go in and find out if it's true, but i bet you would go to the next restaurant. That's what is happening here.
They hate VRC and don't want it to succeed, so they try everything to talk it down and keep people out it.

Whenever VRC was ascending huge sellwalls appeared and I believe the intention is the same.
New customers don't read hours over hours to find out who's right. On every page of the thread you find the negative crap of these guys and run away, that's why I hope this thread will be  closed or at least not be promoted anymore.

Regards,
Michael
I also was against it awhile ago and have also changed my mind... your post sums up why perfectly.
+1

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:35:28 PM

(Edited to avoid repetition)

God I hate to quote but maybe this one last time,

Not ignoring any evidence, I just see more potential in this than in others.  The fact that this coin has Devs who are known and do interact with the community, although I can see why they have stopped in here, says a lot.  I used to agree on some of your points till  your posts became vulgar and rather boring to read due to the overall content and length just going on and on about how you think things should be and there's no other way.  Like it's your way or the highway.  I think the fact the Devs have been looking at other possibilities and have finally admitted their shortcomings also says a lot about their character.  I agree on the "Good Guys" theme but I also believe the job is not done and the ink is still wet.  Everyone has their own views and or opinions and this back and forth "No you are wrong and I am right" has to stop.  We just need to come together as a community, hold hands, give a big group hug, kiss and make up.  Let bygones be bygones and let's move forward, give our Devs the support they so desperately need and see this project though to the end.

And here, again, the personal perceptions... and back again to square one. Anything to avoid reality. Oh well, it has quite a decisive way to make itself present.

Isokoira

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:48:21 PM

Exactly the response I thought I would receive.  Nothing new.  Sorry you feel that way.  Don't you grow tired of this?  I'm sure you are just here to bash every attempt of this being something more.  If you are a bagholder like you so like to call it, how is what you are doing going to help affect the final outcome?  If you are just here to bash and try to make it like you are the only one who knows it all, sorry to inform you that you are wrong.  No reply needed.  Thank you very much. 
ereborltc

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:01:37 AM

So the whole website showing the current progress and everything that has already been implemented means nothing???  The fact the price is low is something to be concerned about I agree but just because the Devs are not on here every day like most holding our hands and saying everything is ok and giving us updates doesn't mean there aren't any coming.  Like I have heard numerous times, this is still a coin that's being developed whether it's something we see or it's something that is being done behind the scenes and will see once complete.  This coin is only a few months old at best and I cannot possibly imagine how hard it must be to make everyone happy all at once, develop, have personal lives and still have to come here to listen to all this whining non stop about how this or that sucks and how we as investors are mad about the progress or lack of.  Seems the word patience means very little these days but I honestly think that the ones that have it will be rewarded long term.  

I don't know if you ignore the evidence on purpose or are just trying to convince yourself... it's baffling, really. Look, since the coin was released, there has not been any development, any at all, of any significance. 2 deals with third parties that ONLY benefit those third parties (Moolah and the one behind the Visa prepaid card) and, much more importantly, the already widely evidenced -and, de facto, admitted- incompetence of the three devs. It is admitted and for that reason they are looking at what "dev 4" can offer since they are just not capable of even covering the most basic bases of the current coin (working wallet, even a realistic attempt at a multipool...), much less of progress with the project in any technical -or otherwise- way. There's, I repeat, ample evidence of all of this... even now and in the past 2 months, when the devs have had the luxury of vacation tyime to dedicate to Vericoin... imagine what is going to happen going forward when they have many more pressing obligations.

So it isn't a matter of patience at all. It is a matter of, credibly, honestly, taking a deep look at what the project is and where it stands, not patience.
ok gonna try this again... if we can speak as two mature ppl for now...

i understand what your saying and i understand that you've come to that conclusion and are sure about it, but what i really want to know is if you've come to these conclusion ,why do you continue to post here and say those things about the devs etc... anyone who truly believes that should not be invested in vericoin. can u be honest and tell me if your holding a bag and hoping things change so u can recoup and be done with it? or if you actually have hopes that vericoin can be great and are just upset ? i just can't understand your motive..

please try and refrain from being condescending , I'm being 100% neutral right now.
every time someone asks something real, you avoid the question...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
VeryVeriViral

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:39:26 AM

Hey hey hey fellas! My first post! Smiley

Just wanted to address some of the hyperbole and negativity that I've heard about - coming from these here parts.
I'd especially like to speak with two users in particular - "Barabbas" (I apologize if I spelled your name wrong) and "AltCoinUK".

To you two I say, "Hi!". Just have a few questions for you.

1. I was wondering, I suppose, what issues you two were having with VeriCoin specifically?
2. Are you forming compelling arguments and bringing constructive criticism - if not… why do you feel the way you do about VeriCoin?
3. Do you two currently "hold" VeriCoin? If not do you plan on investing in the coin going forward?

These are genuine questions as i'm sincerely interested in knowing why you two hold the positions you currently do atm.

Maybe a quick summary to catch me up on the back story and how everyone reached this unfortunate place?

Appreciate your time and hope we can start some meaningful dialogue!

Thanx!

Jay Jay
@VeryVeriViral

Hi Jay Jay,

Good to see you here, we met on Twitter already, I appreciated your civil comments there and your above suggestion for a civil dialogue is a very good idea :-))

Since I have been writing here a lot, if you don't mind I wouldn't repeat my posts here again. Would you check my posts of last few weeks by clicking on my name and then click on the "Show the last posts of this person" link please? You will get my opinion, view and answers for all your questions by checking out my posts. Once you gathered the info please let me know if you need any more information. Let me know if you disagree with anything in my posts or if you think my views, statements or conclusions are incorrect, or your view differs from mine. Please don't hesitate to point out any errors in my posts in case if you find any - I am willing to admit if anything were incorrect or inappropriate in my posts. Also, I will be more than happy to explain why my seemingly harsh comments perfectly justifiable in my opinion (and of course in case you are interested in that explanation :-))

Also, since it seems you are concerned about the atmosphere of this thread, I would be interested in your view on the personal attacks and insults targeted to any and even the more civil criticisms in this thread or is that your concern at all? Knowing you, I am sure you disagree with the personal attacks and insults and you wish to address that issue as well.

I hope I'm doing this right. lol (Do I just type below the quote etc???)

AltCoinUK - Yeah I guess I'll have to DMOR using your previous posts but honestly… that's a LOT of work. lol

However I remember browsing this forum once… I don't know… weeks ago and I read one of your posts and actually agreed with a good portion of it - but I haven't followed anything in here beyond that.
* I almost wish I had joined earlier when I first became invested in VeriCoin so I could be "up to speed" on everything - then again… coming in a bit late might be a good thing - for everyone.

All that said… Kaz (I think his name is Kaz - apologize if I'm way off the mark) has made some points that I absolutely agree with.

Many of us ARE indeed "bag holders" - although I almost feel as though that's some sort of AltCoin "slur" towards those who believe in the longevity of a coin.
There is definitely some fanaticism and I've always disliked anything overly biased or extreme - politics or otherwise. There ARE legitimate points to be made on both ends of the spectrum but the truth really does reside somewhere near the center.

Here's what happened… the MintPal hack hurt. (Without getting too conspiratorial - there are others out there with agendas who have had VeriCoin in their crosshairs and unfortunately… still do.)

Yet there's something to be said for being one of the first COMPLETELY transparent AltCoin Dev Teams. With the decision to be SO open… they've allowed themselves to become targets at the same time.

Now a FEW people in this "arena" are fairly extreme in their philosophy of everything being ANON - as well as maintaining the so called "purity" of the BlockChain etc.
The irony though lies in the fact that those same people in the AltCoin Community who have used the "Rollback" as a means to beat the "purity of the block chain" drum… are the same people who - after dumping the latest ScamCoin - trade it all in for a fat profit... in FIAT.

Look… VeriCoin… the coin itself, the economic model, the PoS concept, the features, the community, the IDEA… is still in its infancy. This is the beginning. No one is going anywhere. These guys could've taken off just like SO many other coin "Devs" have.
They didn't.
They haven't.
They do NOT WANT to leave.

They're STILL busting their asses determined to make this work.

It's true - they've made a few mistakes - but remember these guys are scientists and programmers… not promoters. They're not marketeers.
They slice up proteins, code and program at their jobs during the day and then ignore their wives and girlfriends at night - working their butts off creating new code, redesigning UI's and generally concentrating on the future of this coin.

So where do I come in?

I've been watching BitCoin since around $17 per share. I had heard of it before that but completely brushed it off. Even at $17 and up… I was too scared to take the risk. I didn't understand the technology… the entire block chain "idea" was foreign to me.
That said... I still kept an eye on it… even on LiteCoin. I ALMOST jumped into mining but when I heard of all the scams of companies not delivering rigs on time or just taking off with other peoples money etc - I said… "Fuck that. That's a big NOPE."

What I do know is… there won't be just ONE "BitCoin". There isn't just ONE Credit Card, ONE bank or even ONE currency. Will it be VeriCoin? I. Don't. Know. Sort of a long shot right?

Well here's what we DO know about VeriCoin. We KNOW it's an awesome piece of tech. We KNOW the Devs are reputable. We KNOW the long term economic model is sound - at least on paper.
We also know that it had a bumpy start - to say the least - and yet the coin didn't die… and the Developers are working harder then ever.
(I'm not sure people realize how much of a toll the MP shenanigans took on these guys. Not just physically - but morale wise too.)

Imagine ALL that work and effort… gone in an instant. POOF! But then you weigh your options and decide to roll back the block chain to BEFORE the thieves did the hack… effectively SAVING… EVERYTHING... only to be berated, accused and burned at the… stake.
(That was a punny.)

Yet, through all of that chaos, here they are.

I'll tell you this… we're building a real team… with real plans… with real investors and one day that entire MP hack fiasco will be an interesting footnote during the humble beginnings of a long term, successful coin.

So yeah… integrity. These guys have it. A whole bunch of it.
They don't have to do this. They have their hands full already! They're breeding promiscuous microbes with raccoons or whatever it is they do in their laboratories. All THREE Devs are going to be successful - WITHOUT VeriCoin.

So give these guys some elbow room. Let them catch their breath.

I know everyone is "down". It's not a great feeling to see your investment lose "perceived value". Listen. Fuck the market. It's full of scam artists and manipulators. The AltCoin market is an UNREGULATED version of penny stocks.
It is NOT an accurate description of the VALUE of ANY company/product/coin and you should not base your opinions on what others think or say.

That includes ME. Don't take MY word for it. Look at what makes VeriCoin FUNDAMENTALLY different from the other coins economically. Look at the features and the transparency.

Most importantly though - look at the resilience. You want perfect? Good luck finding it ANYWHERE else.

You want hard working Devs with integrity and who really believe in something bigger than themselves? VeriCoin.
You want guts? VeriCoin
You want a team with giant balls, a long term vision and the persistence to see it through? VERICOIN.

The next 6 months will be interesting. We'll show you momentum and heart… and ambition - return the favor and we WILL be successful - together.

- Me. VeryVeriViral. Jay Jay. 38. S/W/M. Enjoys long walks in the dark.

PS - I don't get paid a SINGLE SATOSHI for saying ANY of this. Have an amazing night.

Jay Jay
@VeriCoin + @VeriumReserve
Online Media/Marketing
ereborltc

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:05:03 AM

Hey hey hey fellas! My first post! Smiley

Just wanted to address some of the hyperbole and negativity that I've heard about - coming from these here parts.
I'd especially like to speak with two users in particular - "Barabbas" (I apologize if I spelled your name wrong) and "AltCoinUK".

To you two I say, "Hi!". Just have a few questions for you.

1. I was wondering, I suppose, what issues you two were having with VeriCoin specifically?
2. Are you forming compelling arguments and bringing constructive criticism - if not… why do you feel the way you do about VeriCoin?
3. Do you two currently "hold" VeriCoin? If not do you plan on investing in the coin going forward?

These are genuine questions as i'm sincerely interested in knowing why you two hold the positions you currently do atm.

Maybe a quick summary to catch me up on the back story and how everyone reached this unfortunate place?

Appreciate your time and hope we can start some meaningful dialogue!

Thanx!

Jay Jay
@VeryVeriViral

Hi Jay Jay,

Good to see you here, we met on Twitter already, I appreciated your civil comments there and your above suggestion for a civil dialogue is a very good idea :-))

Since I have been writing here a lot, if you don't mind I wouldn't repeat my posts here again. Would you check my posts of last few weeks by clicking on my name and then click on the "Show the last posts of this person" link please? You will get my opinion, view and answers for all your questions by checking out my posts. Once you gathered the info please let me know if you need any more information. Let me know if you disagree with anything in my posts or if you think my views, statements or conclusions are incorrect, or your view differs from mine. Please don't hesitate to point out any errors in my posts in case if you find any - I am willing to admit if anything were incorrect or inappropriate in my posts. Also, I will be more than happy to explain why my seemingly harsh comments perfectly justifiable in my opinion (and of course in case you are interested in that explanation :-))

Also, since it seems you are concerned about the atmosphere of this thread, I would be interested in your view on the personal attacks and insults targeted to any and even the more civil criticisms in this thread or is that your concern at all? Knowing you, I am sure you disagree with the personal attacks and insults and you wish to address that issue as well.

I hope I'm doing this right. lol (Do I just type below the quote etc???)

AltCoinUK - Yeah I guess I'll have to DMOR using your previous posts but honestly… that's a LOT of work. lol

However I remember browsing this forum once… I don't know… weeks ago and I read one of your posts and actually agreed with a good portion of it - but I haven't followed anything in here beyond that.
* I almost wish I had joined earlier when I first became invested in VeriCoin so I could be "up to speed" on everything - then again… coming in a bit late might be a good thing - for everyone.

All that said… Kaz (I think his name is Kaz - apologize if I'm way off the mark) has made some points that I absolutely agree with.

Many of us ARE indeed "bag holders" - although I almost feel as though that's some sort of AltCoin "slur" towards those who believe in the longevity of a coin.
There is definitely some fanaticism and I've always disliked anything overly biased or extreme - politics or otherwise. There ARE legitimate points to be made on both ends of the spectrum but the truth really does reside somewhere near the center.

Here's what happened… the MintPal hack hurt. (Without getting too conspiratorial - there are others out there with agendas who have had VeriCoin in their crosshairs and unfortunately… still do.)

Yet there's something to be said for being one of the first COMPLETELY transparent AltCoin Dev Teams. With the decision to be SO open… they've allowed themselves to become targets at the same time.

Now a FEW people in this "arena" are fairly extreme in their philosophy of everything being ANON - as well as maintaining the so called "purity" of the BlockChain etc.
The irony though lies in the fact that those same people in the AltCoin Community who have used the "Rollback" as a means to beat the "purity of the block chain" drum… are the same people who - after dumping the latest ScamCoin - trade it all in for a fat profit... in FIAT.

Look… VeriCoin… the coin itself, the economic model, the PoS concept, the features, the community, the IDEA… is still in its infancy. This is the beginning. No one is going anywhere. These guys could've taken off just like SO many other coin "Devs" have.
They didn't.
They haven't.
They do NOT WANT to leave.

They're STILL busting their asses determined to make this work.

It's true - they've made a few mistakes - but remember these guys are scientists and programmers… not promoters. They're not marketeers.
They slice up proteins, code and program at their jobs during the day and then ignore their wives and girlfriends at night - working their butts off creating new code, redesigning UI's and generally concentrating on the future of this coin.

So where do I come in?

I've been watching BitCoin since around $17 per share. I had heard of it before that but completely brushed it off. Even at $17 and up… I was too scared to take the risk. I didn't understand the technology… the entire block chain "idea" was foreign to me.
That said... I still kept an eye on it… even on LiteCoin. I ALMOST jumped into mining but when I heard of all the scams of companies not delivering rigs on time or just taking off with other peoples money etc - I said… "Fuck that. That's a big NOPE."

What I do know is… there won't be just ONE "BitCoin". There isn't just ONE Credit Card, ONE bank or even ONE currency. Will it be VeriCoin? I. Don't. Know. Sort of a long shot right?

Well here's what we DO know about VeriCoin. We KNOW it's an awesome piece of tech. We KNOW the Devs are reputable. We KNOW the long term economic model is sound - at least on paper.
We also know that it had a bumpy start - to say the least - and yet the coin didn't die… and the Developers are working harder then ever.
(I'm not sure people realize how much of a toll the MP shenanigans took on these guys. Not just physically - but morale wise too.)

Imagine ALL that work and effort… gone in an instant. POOF! But then you weigh your options and decide to roll back the block chain to BEFORE the thieves did the hack… effectively SAVING… EVERYTHING... only to be berated, accused and burned at the… stake.
(That was a punny.)

Yet, through all of that chaos, here they are.

I'll tell you this… we're building a real team… with real plans… with real investors and one day that entire MP hack fiasco will be an interesting footnote during the humble beginnings of a long term, successful coin.

So yeah… integrity. These guys have it. A whole bunch of it.
They don't have to do this. They have their hands full already! They're breeding promiscuous microbes with raccoons or whatever it is they do in their laboratories. All THREE Devs are going to be successful - WITHOUT VeriCoin.

So give these guys some elbow room. Let them catch their breath.

I know everyone is "down". It's not a great feeling to see your investment lose "perceived value". Listen. Fuck the market. It's full of scam artists and manipulators. The AltCoin market is an UNREGULATED version of penny stocks.
It is NOT an accurate description of the VALUE of ANY company/product/coin and you should not base your opinions on what others think or say.

That includes ME. Don't take MY word for it. Look at what makes VeriCoin FUNDAMENTALLY different from the other coins economically. Look at the features and the transparency.

Most importantly though - look at the resilience. You want perfect? Good luck finding it ANYWHERE else.

You want hard working Devs with integrity and who really believe in something bigger than themselves? VeriCoin.
You want guts? VeriCoin
You want a team with giant balls, a long term vision and the persistence to see it through? VERICOIN.

The next 6 months will be interesting. We'll show you momentum and heart… and ambition - return the favor and we WILL be successful - together.

- Me. VeryVeriViral. Jay Jay. 38. S/W/M. Enjoys long walks in the dark.

PS - I don't get paid a SINGLE SATOSHI for saying ANY of this. Have an amazing night.

spot on Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:18:39 AM

::whistling innocently...::

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Isokoira

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:20:42 AM

Awesome post
FurianSun

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:23:56 AM

Stealthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.0 rips VeriSend and VeriSms and claims all others are just copy of their "StealthSend, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!"
VeryVeriViral

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:32:12 AM

Stealthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.0 rips VeriSend and VeriSms and claims all others are just copy of their "StealthSend, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!"

One thing I have learned is… you don't attack other coins/people/products. You focus on your own coin/product/idea. There's something ethical about that.

And you don't do it for the money. If your coin/product/idea really is THAT great… all of that will come in time.

Smiley

Jay Jay
Online Media/Marketing
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:33:23 AM

VRC already has enough trolls how it is, no need for you to be another.
VeryVeriViral

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:39:45 AM

He actually wasn't trolling. He was simply pointing out that another coin is making certain claims.

This is the kind of stuff that we need to work on in here. I understand that there are lots of trolls etc but I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

It creates unnecessary animosity.

Let's focus on being positive going forward and thinking before we post - effectively taming our impulses a bit.

*Edit - Also… I just want to point out… the MOST EFFECTIVE, MOST POWERFUL TOOL you possess, with regards to trolling or ignorance, is to IGNORE them. Completely.

Smiley

Jay Jay
Online Media/Marketing
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:46:26 AM

He actually wasn't trolling. He was simply pointing out that another coin is making certain claims.

This is the kind of stuff that we need to work on in here. I understand that there are lots of trolls etc but I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

It creates unnecessary animosity.

Let's focus on being positive going forward and thinking before we post - effectively taming our impulses a bit.

*Edit - Also… I just want to point out… the MOST EFFECTIVE, MOST POWERFUL TOOL you possess, with regards to trolling or ignorance, is to IGNORE them. Completely.

Smiley

He is a troll that is doing nothing but trying to stir up shit.
GridWorker

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:47:09 AM

StealthSend is still on target to be released at the end of September. To protect our IP, we are pushing back the whitepaper to about 5 days before that time.

Wait, so vericoin copied something that was never released? How does that work?

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: