Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:58:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 [748] 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:09:42 AM

Well, sorry it took me a few moments to provide a recap to the MN State Fair event [...]

That is exciting that the MN Secretary of State took interest for an interview! Do you think the relationship was strong enough to follow that up with a well thought out letter maybe clarifying any concerns or questions he may have had?

Actually, we talk & text more than most people realize (inside joke). But actually being serious here for a second - we've met prior to this event. I have talk to him already in the past about vericoin and digital currencies as a whole. Being the Secretary of State he's been on top of the bitcoin story for some time now. He's a really sharp guy, knows his stuff and is very interested in integrating digital currencies in the commerce world.

We are continuing to work together to find new ways to help spread the word. Nothing happens over night, but yeah this is something I am constantly working on Wink

It sounds a bit like you (and VeriCoin) already have your foot in the door in MN, which is excellent.  Thank you!!

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:13:13 AM

in ANY other situation i would agree with u ... and i still kinda do, I'm torn.. don't want to shut this thread down but its gotten so crazy seems like the only option.
maybe a vote? i don't know ... maybe somehow someway it'll calm down a bit here but i don't see that happening ...

Well the best thing we could all do on this forum is stop feeding the trolls. Rule #14. If you feed the trolls, they win.
your 100% right lol I'm actually mad at myself i broke and stooped to that lvl... not my character... either way i got it all out now. i assure you it won't happen again Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:14:11 AM

what we have here, Jay Jay, is nothing else but a very few but very rabid beasts, protected by the anon that the internet provides.

You really remind me of a better trained version of Baghdad Bob, barabbas.  I can't say that I admire what you do but I definitely have to give credit where credit is due because after having previously done a considerable amount of research on propaganda and more specifically, the ways that we can all be psychological manipulated by others (including those in the media), I have never actually encountered someone with as much skill as you have in gaslighting.

Check it out, this seems to fit many of your posts to a T:

http://counsellingresource.com/features/2011/11/08/gaslighting/

"In recent years, the term “gaslighting” has come to be applied to attempts by certain kinds of personalities, especially psychopaths — who are among the personalities most adept at sophisticated tactics of manipulation — to create so much doubt in the minds of their targets of exploitation that the victim no longer trusts their own judgment about things and buys into the assertions of the manipulator, thus coming under their power and control.

Effective gaslighting can be accomplished in several different ways. Sometimes, a person can assert something with such an apparent intensity of conviction that the other person begins to doubt their own perspective. Other times, vigorous and unwavering denial coupled with a display of righteous indignation can accomplish the same task. Bringing up historical facts that seem largely accurate but contain minute, hard-to-prove distortions and using them to “prove” the correctness of one’s position is another method. Gaslighting is particularly effective when coupled with other tactics such as shaming and guilting. Anything that aids in getting another person to doubt their judgment and back down will work."

Oh you flatterer you... And I thought no one would notice.... but yes, you caught me pants down... Nothing especially difficult mind you, since for months now I have been "gaslighting" the devs in hopes they would do something, anything, for Vericoin --or just ANYTHING AT ALL, period.

Unfortunately, in spite of my unparalleled skill on the subject, to no success whatsoever.

But be sure I take your appreciation exactly as the compliment I'm quite sure it was intended to be... There are several other denominations for individuals like you, plenty of them in fact, but in the new spirit of civility here, I will go for "flatterer" this time around. You do know perfectly well what those denominations are, indeed.
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:17:37 AM

in ANY other situation i would agree with u ... and i still kinda do, I'm torn.. don't want to shut this thread down but its gotten so crazy seems like the only option.
maybe a vote? i don't know ... maybe somehow someway it'll calm down a bit here but i don't see that happening ...

Well the best thing we could all do on this forum is stop feeding the trolls. Rule #14. If you feed the trolls, they win.
your 100% right lol I'm actually mad at myself i broke and stooped to that lvl... not my character... either way i got it all out now. i assure you it won't happen again Wink

Haha it's definitely not easy!! These guys are seriously good trolls!
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:32:51 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 05:19:21 AM by ELMER_FUD

(tl;dr)

good job avoiding most of the valid points though Wink

"But perhaps no behaviors are as frustrating to someone trying to elicit some degree of accountability from another as are the tactics of evasion and diversion.

A moving target is hard to hit. If you try to confront an issue head on, a person who wants to manipulate you will do their best to side-step the issue. Evading a matter of central concern is a great way not only to dodge responsibility, but also to keep the light of illumination from shining on the behavior needing attention."

http://counsellingresource.com/features/2009/03/05/evasion-and-diversion/

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:49:22 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 05:59:36 AM by ELMER_FUD

It's not in the least bit easy.

They seem to be pros and while VRC itself has come under attack (e.g. the MintPal hack, the DoS attacks on the supernodes, huge sell walls whenever the price starts to rise, etc.), they apparently also want to destroy the entire community as well (via disruptive tactics and their attempts at discrediting the devs). They're waging psychological warfare on us here.  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psychological+warfare

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:54:01 AM

::whistling innocently...::

Looking awesome guys!! Keep up the good work!!

Looks incredible!  I REALLY look forward to posting in a better venue than this one!

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:01:58 AM

(tl;dr)

"But perhaps no behaviors are as frustrating to someone trying to elicit some degree of accountability from another as are the tactics of evasion and diversion.

A moving target is hard to hit. If you try to confront an issue head on, a person who wants to manipulate you will do their best to side-step the issue. Evading a matter of central concern is a great way not only to dodge responsibility, but also to keep the light of illumination from shining on the behavior needing attention."

I am just ignoring an illiterate idiot obsessed with eating dick, but whatever serves your deranged purpose, feel 100% free... For now at least. Wow.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:21:30 AM

I am just ignoring an illiterate idiot obsessed with eating dick, but whatever serves your deranged purpose, feel 100% free... For now at least. Wow.

My gay friends use "eat a dick!" interchangeably with "FU!" so the phrase never struck me as being homophobic. Your reaction to it is certainly interesting, tho. Smiley

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:52:17 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 07:13:14 AM by ELMER_FUD

(tl;dr)

After all of the insults and other crap that you've dished out on this thread over the course of the last few weeks (that I've been watching), you're actually going to try to play the victim after you finally pushed someone to the breaking point?   That's rich  Roll Eyes

"Manipulators often play the victim role ("poor me") by portraying themselves as victims of circumstances or someone else's behavior in order to gain pity or sympathy or to evoke compassion and thereby get something from another. Caring and conscientious people cannot stand to see anyone suffering, and the manipulator often finds it easy and rewarding to play on sympathy to get cooperation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_playing#By_manipulators

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:02:49 AM

On a different note:
Looking back at some old Tweets, I definitely have to agree with LooTz when he said,

Seems VRC have a lot of haters, that just might be good news if they see Vericoin as a threat

https://twitter.com/ScottAllyn/status/494941954887524352

setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:11:20 AM

It's not in the least bit easy.

They seem to be pros and while VRC itself has come under attack (e.g. the MintPal hack, the DoS attacks on the supernodes, huge sell walls whenever the price starts to rise, etc.), they apparently also want to destroy the entire community as well (via disruptive tactics and their attempts at discrediting the devs). They're waging psychological warfare on us here.  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psychological+warfare

I believe that too. Nobody writes books without a reason.

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
ereborltc

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:19:58 AM

i know its actually mind boggling... the time and effort they put in.. nuts Huh

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:23:05 AM

My gay friends use "eat a dick!" interchangeably with "FU!" so the phrase never struck me as being homophobic. Your reaction to it is certainly interesting, tho. Smiley

And now, for reasons that you only know, you choose to apply the homophobic statements, that you yourself denounced earlier, to the clearly obsessed with eating dick illiterate individual, ah? Again, obviously not the sharpest knife in the kitchen... Why don't you re-read YOUR OWN POSTS of earlier today? More clear:

homophobic beast #1 .- the guy that was trying to present AltcoinUK as gay.
beast #2, illiterate idiot obsessed with eating dick .- the other one.

Yes they are interchangeable in their condition of full beasts consumed by hatred, but their obsessions seem to be similar only in what refers to male genital organs.

As for Elmer, no matter how hard your deranged mind works, you continue coming up with stupider and stupider conclusions... Now, me as a "victim"? Paraphrasing the great John Wayne, "that'll be the day!"

ereborltc

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:31:30 AM

And now, for reasons that you only know, you choose to apply the homophobic statements, that you yourself denounced earlier, to the clearly obsessed with eating dick illiterate individual, ah? Again, obviously not the sharpest knife in the kitchen... Why don't you re-read YOUR OWN POSTS of earlier today? More clear:

homophobic beast #1 .- the guy that was trying to present AltcoinUK as gay.
beast #2, illiterate idiot obsessed with eating dick .- the other one.

Yes they are interchangeable in their condition of full beasts consumed by hatred, but their obsessions seem to be similar only in what refers to male genital organs.

As for Elmer, no matter how hard your deranged mind works, you continue coming up with stupider and stupider conclusions... Now, me as a "victim"? Paraphrasing the great John Wayne, "that'll be the day!"

well at least i can always count on you for proving my point... theres no hope for you...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
knox203

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:47:10 AM

All you guys need to grow up and shut up. Like right meow.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:49:38 AM

And now, for reasons that you only know, you choose to apply the homophobic statements, that you yourself denounced earlier, to the clearly obsessed with eating dick illiterate individual, ah? Again, obviously not the sharpest knife in the kitchen... Why don't you re-read YOUR OWN POSTS of earlier today?

You've over-analyzed, misinterpreted, and twisted words to fit your own agenda once again. I am not applying any such statements and I still denounce the behavior that we saw earlier. I simply find it interesting that, out of all of the things that have been thrown back and forth over the past couple of days, you've latched on to the "eating dick" statements. If his posts had been filled with "FU!!" instead of "Eat a dick!!" would you be equally focused on pointing out his apparent obsession with fornication?

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:03:47 AM

Feigning innocence: Manipulator tries to suggest that any harm done was unintentional or that they did not do something that they were accused of. Manipulator may put on a look of surprise or indignation. This tactic makes the victim question his or her own judgment and possibly his own sanity.

Feigning confusion: Manipulator tries to play dumb by pretending he or she does not know what the victim is talking about or is confused about an important issue brought to his or her attention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_manipulation#According_to_Simon

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:51:20 AM

Feigning innocence: Manipulator tries to suggest that any harm done was unintentional or that they did not do something that they were accused of. Manipulator may put on a look of surprise or indignation. This tactic makes the victim question his or her own judgment and possibly his own sanity.

Feigning confusion: Manipulator tries to play dumb by pretending he or she does not know what the victim is talking about or is confused about an important issue brought to his or her attention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_manipulation#According_to_Simon

Well dear child, your "sanity" is not in question here, you are, obviously, totally deranged.

As for any and all harm done by my posts it is fully, 100% intentional, no surprise nor indignation, don't flatter yourself. Confusion? Not likely: It is painfully obvious with what kind of beasts we are dealing here.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:00:00 AM

And now, for reasons that you only know, you choose to apply the homophobic statements, that you yourself denounced earlier, to the clearly obsessed with eating dick illiterate individual, ah? Again, obviously not the sharpest knife in the kitchen... Why don't you re-read YOUR OWN POSTS of earlier today?

You've over-analyzed, misinterpreted, and twisted words to fit your own agenda once again. I am not applying any such statements and I still denounce the behavior that we saw earlier. I simply find it interesting that, out of all of the things that have been thrown back and forth over the past couple of days, you've latched on to the "eating dick" statements. If his posts had been filled with "FU!!" instead of "Eat a dick!!" would you be equally focused on pointing out his apparent obsession with fornication?

I don't have any agenda, you on the other hand, do. And I twist nothing, I clarify who of the two beasts is a homophobe and who is an illiterate idiot  obsessed with the idea of eating dick... which you seemed to have upside down as per your post on the matter.... uuuh, another thing -of the many- that you seem to not have quite clear is what "fornication" actually means: It is NOT, nor has anything to do with eating dick, a practice commonly called "fellatio" that, I repeat, has nothing to do with fornication.

Oh and yes, it calls the general people's attention way more when you post a half dozen times "Eat dick!!!" after gone completely mental than if you instead post "FU!!" or even the more descriptive "Fuck You!!!"... it is for the graphic nature of the of the words and the most common usage, in the case of the second.

But since none of this serves any discernible purpose that I can see, may I ask what is it that you find "interesting" about it? Should you be curious or otherwise interested in my sexual orientation, for whatever reason, you can just ask...
Pages: « 1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 [748] 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: