Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:47:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 [807] 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:17:42 PM

James has offered VRC holders the opportunity to purchase TOKEN (SuperNET IPO coin) for 5% off if paid in VRC-- if we all buy together in one batch.

Is anyone interested in this?

If so, I will set up a TOKEN group buy.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:35:07 PM

James has offered VRC holders the opportunity to purchase TOKEN (SuperNET IPO coin) for 5% off if paid in VRC-- if we all buy together in one batch.

Is anyone interested in this?

If so, I will set up a TOKEN group buy.

im definitly interested please more details, gonna check up irc tonight Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
mushroomfour9

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

Im done with vericoin i sold my bag for a loss, there hasnt been any updates in a couple of months. I moved on to bitmark  it looks like a good investment maybe i can recover my losses. If VRC ever comes up with something new i might come back.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:06:32 PM

What was the reason the wallet - that was 1 month ago 95% completed, a week ago it was 99% completed - still hasn't released yet? What is the status of software development terms of what modules being developed and what is the expected release time for each?

I understand from the new supreme cheerleader commander Jay Jay that the devs work very hard (we know they always do), the coin is very undervalued (yes it should be 1 billion US$ market cap by now given that 3 people work on it part time), the future is bright and and vericoin will do all great things to human kind, and I accept all usual cheerleading mantra ... but is it possible to get a meaningful update on the status of development (apart from that go and check the roadmap)?

Not checked in here for while but saw the wallet was meant to be released Sunday after I saw Doug hyping it. They just never learn when it comes to setting dates for projects to be completed. The fact you pointed out it was 95% a month pretty much discredits the whole roadmap and the little trust we have in the deadlines.

You are quite right that better not to have a roadmap if the only outcome of the roadmap are unfulfilled expectations and endless disappointments in the lack of progress.  

I was also wondering, where is jl777 James? Are there any updates from him terms of VRC development? By now it is clear the jl777 effect on the price  is exactly same as the altcoinUK or AnyRandomUser34753 effect (all of them have zero effect on price), he is obviously not the saviour of VRC as he presented himself, but does he work in the background with the VRC devs and if he does what is being developed?

Jl777 is EXTREMELY BUSY with his other projects (latest one is ATOMIC) which are making him TONS of cash. No one can responsibly blame him for the obvious shortcomings of our dev team. He has, is and hopely will continue helping but, sorry Doug, at this stage having the issues you are having is amateur hour at the level of first year in high school. A joke. No wondrr, in spite of James, the price is starting to reflect it again.

@pnosker - yes I am VERY interested in participating in that group buy discount in the IPO of the SuperNET.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:19:16 PM

What was the reason the wallet - that was 1 month ago 95% completed, a week ago it was 99% completed - still hasn't released yet? What is the status of software development terms of what modules being developed and what is the expected release time for each?

I understand from the new supreme cheerleader commander Jay Jay that the devs work very hard (we know they always do), the coin is very undervalued (yes it should be 1 billion US$ market cap by now given that 3 people work on it part time), the future is bright and and vericoin will do all great things to human kind, and I accept all usual cheerleading mantra ... but is it possible to get a meaningful update on the status of development (apart from that go and check the roadmap)?

Not checked in here for while but saw the wallet was meant to be released Sunday after I saw Doug hyping it. They just never learn when it comes to setting dates for projects to be completed. The fact you pointed out it was 95% a month pretty much discredits the whole roadmap and the little trust we have in the deadlines.

You are quite right that better not to have a roadmap if the only outcome of the roadmap are unfulfilled expectations and endless disappointments in the lack of progress.  

I was also wondering, where is jl777 James? Are there any updates from him terms of VRC development? By now it is clear the jl777 effect on the price  is exactly same as the altcoinUK or AnyRandomUser34753 effect (all of them have zero effect on price), he is obviously not the saviour of VRC as he presented himself, but does he work in the background with the VRC devs and if he does what is being developed?

Jl777 is EXTREMELY BUSY with his other projects (latest one is ATOMIC) which are making him TONS of cash. No one can responsibly blame him for the obvious shortcomings of our dev team. He has, is and hopely will continue helping but, sorry Doug, at this stage having the issues you are having is amateur hour at the level of first year in high school. A joke. No wondrr, in spite of James, the price is starting to reflect it again.

@pnosker - yes I am VERY interested in participating in that group buy discount in the IPO of the SuperNET.

Barrabas, if you are able to characterize this in such a stark and derogatory way, then surely you have the knowledge required to assist us and can push updates to the github.  If not then please do not insult us as if you do, it's disrespectful and unjustifiable without the required knowledge.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:41:24 PM

Small article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/vericoins-near-term-strategy-includes-a-lot-of-new-features
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:58:39 PM

Good for him if he can make money from this nonsense that known to mankind as altcoin, and if he can make money then it is a good sign for all his associates. That's great news if jl777 does assist and help as you said to the VRC devs. Are you aware of what's happening terms of development, is there any chance to get more info about the work, are they working on what? Is it the superNET inegration, blockchain 2 features or something else?

@effectsToCause
I agree with Barabbas that at this stage a compiler issue shouldn't delay the release by weeks. On the other hand I sympathize with the nonsenses that you need to deal in cross platform application development. That has been pain in ass for ages. I haven't seen this in detail nor tried it, but wouldn't be a good idea to try out the new Jetbrains cross platform IDE?  http://www.jetbrains.com/clion/
As you are always having Windows compiler issues, soon or later you would need to come up with a usable environment for cross platform development, and perhaps this would be good time to sort out this issue.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

Barrabas, if you are able to characterize this in such a stark and derogatory way, then surely you have the knowledge required to assist us and can push updates to the github.  If not then please do not insult us as if you do, it's disrespectful and unjustifiable without the required knowledge.

Doug, issues with compiling at this stage, sorry but very primitive ok? That said I posted what I posted because your tease over a week ago was just infantile, not even juvenile. What is it about the negative effects of jumping the gun again and again that you refuse to understand? When you post images the full release should be IMMINENT. Or dont post the pics at all. Same when you say "99% ready"... why the need to anticipate, implicitly or explicitly, to shoot yourself in the foot again and again and again? Come on! You are playing with fire here. This is a project in which people has millions of dollars invested, not your playroom, ok? If you dont have your shit ready shut up until you do, is that so hard to do?
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:39:46 PM

1.4 not working very well
Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0000000000458f5a in hide (this=0x7fffffffc77f) at /usr/include/QtGui/qwidget.h:501
501     inline void hide() { setVisible(false); }
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000000458f5a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus(int) (this=0x7fffffffc77f) at /usr/include/QtGui/qwidget.h:501
#1  0x0000000000458f5a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus(int) (this=0x7fffffffc6e0, status=0) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:889
#2  0x00000000004590ba in BitcoinGUI::setWalletModel(WalletModel*) (this=0x7fffffffc6e0, walletModel=0x7fffffffc670) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:453
#3  0x0000000000431a99 in main(int, char**) (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffc988) at src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:235
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:46:01 PM

Doug, issues with compiling at this stage, sorry but very primitive ok? That said I posted what I posted because your tease over a week ago was just infantile, not even juvenile. What is it about the negative effects of jumping the gun again and again that you refuse to understand? When you post images the full release should be IMMINENT. Or dont post the pics at all. Same when you say "99% ready"... why the need to anticipate, implicitly or explicitly, to shoot yourself in the foot again and again and again? Come on! You are playing with fire here. This is a project in which people has millions of dollars invested, not your playroom, ok? If you dont have your shit ready shut up until you do, is that so hard to do?

Barrabas I posted it to let people know that we are working and making progress, as many often assume we are not, including yourself on numerous occasions.  It's not a compilation issue we are having it is how each operating system handles the new formatting of the UI, again if you don't know you can't comment accurately.  Of course I understand the gravity of the investments, the fact that you assume I do not is more surprising.
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:50:10 PM

Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0000000000458f5a in hide (this=0x7fffffffc77f) at /usr/include/QtGui/qwidget.h:501
501     inline void hide() { setVisible(false); }
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000000458f5a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus(int) (this=0x7fffffffc77f) at /usr/include/QtGui/qwidget.h:501
#1  0x0000000000458f5a in BitcoinGUI::setEncryptionStatus(int) (this=0x7fffffffc6e0, status=0) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:889
#2  0x00000000004590ba in BitcoinGUI::setWalletModel(WalletModel*) (this=0x7fffffffc6e0, walletModel=0x7fffffffc670) at src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:453
#3  0x0000000000431a99 in main(int, char**) (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffc988) at src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:235

What OS did you receive this error? Thanks.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:58:14 PM

I agree with Barabbas that at this stage a compiler issue shouldn't delay the release by weeks.

The issue that Doug is debugging manifested itself just last night, so it hasn't delayed the release by weeks. Smiley

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:00:40 PM

Fedora 20 x86_64 Linux, gcc 4.9.1-9, qt-4.8.6-10, boost-1.55.0-2
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:07:33 PM

Fedora 20 x86_64 Linux, gcc 4.9.1-9, qt-4.8.6-10, boost-1.55.0-2

You should try compiling in Qt5.  Tested and working well on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit Qt5.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:15:13 PM

Barrabas I posted it to let people know that we are working and making progress, as many often assume we are not, including yourself on numerous occasions.  It's not a compilation issue we are having it is how each operating system handles the new formatting of the UI, again if you don't know you can't comment accurately.  Of course I understand the gravity of the investments, the fact that you assume I do not is more surprising.

No Doug what is surprising is that you keep posting teasers and (unrealistic) percentages again and again and again with not one single instance of target fully achieved on time. Its childish and extremely counter productive... let alone very damaging for your personal credibility fully affected already by the "cry wolf" syndrome.

And you know what? No one believes at this stage you do work much on this project. Of course yiur personal perception of what "works" is, when it comes to vericoin is quite loose to say the least. Remember that only weeks after launch and with so many deficiencies and "pending" projects you were on full fledged vacation... can you imagine a similar situation in the real world? Affecting an "enterprise" were people has invested several million dollars? So "work" here means what exactly? Does the time spent on irc or here count on your appreciation? Chats, pms, etc with socal, very viral etc count also? Just general conversations with nosker and dave about those "break balls on btct" count as "working"? Look, nobody cares, ok? All people care about is a weekly briefing on the REAL progress being msde and, WAY MORE IMPORTANTLY, on the FINISHED results of that progress. Percentages have proven as meaningless as your self proclaimed "hard work". And teases? Well...
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:24:06 PM

No Doug what is surprising is that you keep posting teasers and (unrealistic) percentages again and again and again with not one single instance of target fully achieved on time. Its childish and extremely counter productive... let alone very damaging for your personal credibility fully affected already by the "cry wolf" syndrome.

And you know what? No one believes at this stage you do work much on this project. Of course yiur personal perception of what "works" is, when it comes to vericoin is quite loose to say the least. Remember that only weeks after launch and with so many deficiencies and "pending" projects you were on full fledged vacation... can you imagine a similar situation in the real world? Affecting an "enterprise" were people has invested several million dollars? So "work" here means what exactly? Does the time spent on irc or here count on your appreciation? Chats, pms, etc with socal, very viral etc count also? Just general conversations with nosker and dave about those "break balls on btct" count as "working"? Look, nobody cares, ok? All people care about is a weekly briefing on the REAL progress being msde and, WAY MORE IMPORTANTLY, on the FINISHED results of that progress. Percentages have proven as meaningless as your self proclaimed "hard work". And teases? Well...

Ironically I will now get back to work instead of debating with you the meaning of work. Smiley
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:27:20 PM

I agree with Barabbas that at this stage a compiler issue shouldn't delay the release by weeks.

The issue that Doug is debugging manifested itself just last night, so it hasn't delayed the release by weeks. Smiley

OK Scott, I really don't want to be pedantic about this UI release which we both know will change nothing to VRC in the long term anyway, but it is even more confusing now :-)))

It is not a compiler issue right now, but as you said an issue that revealed by last night debugging. Firstly, I would expect if a developer talk about a 99% completion status then already no debugging activity should happen at all. If the application is really 99% completed the debugging as part of the development process should be performed a long time ago. Secondly, effectsToCause indicates above that the issue "is how each operating system handles the new formatting of the UI". On the other hand it was told a week ago that the UI is 99% ready. I would assume if a developer states that an application is 99% ready then the app already passed the system, integration, usability and user acceptance tests, and surely shouldn't have any issues with OS specific rendering. This could only happen if the developer
a) has no idea what he is doing
b) talking bollocks
c) was over excited about the progress and misinterpreted the completion of the application and it was not 99%

I am sure here option "c" was the case :-)))
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:40:30 PM

OK Scott, I really don't want to be pedantic about this UI release which we both know will change nothing to VRC in the long term anyway, but it is even more confusing now :-)))

It is not a compiler issue right now, but as you said an issue that revealed by last night debugging. Firstly, I would expect if a developer talk about a 99% completion status then already no debugging activity should happen at all. If the application is really 99% completed the debugging as part of the development process should be performed a long time ago. Secondly, effectsToCause indicates above that the issue "is how each operating system handles the new formatting of the UI". On the other hand it was told a week ago that the UI is 99% ready. I would assume if a developer states that an application is 99% ready then the app already passed the system, integration, usability and user acceptance tests, and surely shouldn't have any issues with OS specific rendering. This could only happen if the developer
b) talking bollocks
c) was over excited about the progress and misinterpreted the completion of the application and it was not 99%

I agree that Doug was a bit too enthusiastic about the completion when he said that it was at 99%. However, at the same time, he also said, "There is a few finishing touches, a little more testing, compilation for the three OSes, then we will release it."

Maybe you should have jumped on his case about it then. Cheesy

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:44:17 PM

altcoinUK and barabbas, is your only purpose in this community to bitch, complain and cry at every possible moment?

Doug never stated a release date, he said soon(which could mean 1 day, 1 week, 1 month) soon means soon!

Why can't Doug post a preview of the wallet that's being worked on? You two constantly complain about no progress being made or shown, yet when something is produced you shoot it down and shit all over it?

Why is it the dev's job to explain to you that you shouldn't make false expectations when nothing was said by the dev's but you made the assumption?

effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:47:07 PM

b) talking bollocks

I agree that Doug was a bit too enthusiastic about the completion when he said that it was at 99%. However, at the same time, he also said, "There is a few finishing touches, a little more testing, compilation for the three OSes, then we will release it."

Maybe you should have jumped on his case about it then. Cheesy

Also in the context of 98 files edited, 2,700 additions and 565 deletions, 99% is not out of the ballpark of work and time, but it can be misleading, if it was I apologize.  https://github.com/vericoin/master/commit/92a1c96ad828a6bfda2242e54af4e66837369607
Pages: « 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 [807] 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: