Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 [819] 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
VeryVeriViral

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:22:24 AM

Thanx Lootz! Appreciate that dude!

And thanx to all of the community here! We apologize for the syncing issues - they seem to be getting sorted now.

Hope you enjoy the new wallet and would love to see you guys come over to the new forums!

I think you will be impressed. Smiley

Jay jay
@VeryVeriViral

www.VeriCoinForums.com

Jay Jay
@VeriCoin + @VeriumReserve
Online Media/Marketing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VeryVeriViral

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:23:54 AM

The new forum at http://vericoinforums.com is super nice. I like that I can like a post.  So much more interactive...

+1

*That was for your +1 the other day so now we're at 0. lol

Jay Jay
@VeryVeriViral

www.VeriCoinForums.com

Jay Jay
Online Media/Marketing
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:17:18 AM

Wow the new forum puts this forum AND others to shame! Good bye bct ! See you guys at the new forum !

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
cryptozilla

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:02:33 AM

The new forum at http://vericoinforums.com is super nice. I like that I can like a post.  So much more interactive...

http://www.hispanicize.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Dr.-Evil-innovation.gif
kitaco

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:59:08 AM

I don't know if anyone has any interest, but - selling these for Vericoin. Blue/White in a V pattern.

#1 is 7" wrist size and I'll take 250 VRC shipped for it.
#2 is 8"-9" wrist size and i'll take 190 VRC shipped for it.

The brown inside on #2 is invisible when worn, it is just melted paracord as "glue". #1 is my final clean way of doing them.

Any custom requests, ideas can be PM'd to me Smiley

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:18:32 AM

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:05:49 PM

I don't know if anyone has any interest, but - selling these for Vericoin. Blue/White in a V pattern.

The brown inside on #2 is invisible when worn, it is just melted paracord as "glue". #1 is my final clean way of doing them.

Great job bro please post this on https://vericoinforums.com where you will find most people with Vericoin Tongue
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

FYI. We are all here now https://vericoinforums.com
amesterdamer

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:04:19 PM

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

A bit late, but nonetheless!

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/vericoin-wallet-upgrade-includes-gui-overhaul-and-removes-full-wallet-unlock
VeryVeriViral

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

Those are nice!

Jay Jay
Online Media/Marketing
VeryVeriViral

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

jdebunt - My man! Come on over to www.VeriCoinForums.com bro. You'll be impressed. Link your Twitter too.

The forum is already picking up steam! Gotta say… pretty happy with it!

Jay Jay
@VeryVeriViral

Jay Jay
Online Media/Marketing
amesterdamer

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:41:15 AM

Hangout live now on youtube: http://youtu.be/A_23WwJiek4
VeryVeriViral

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:34:13 AM

Hangout live now on youtube: http://youtu.be/A_23WwJiek4

Awesome awesome HangOut with the Devs!

Jay Jay
Online Media/Marketing
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:33:58 AM

A hangout without James...

He was sorely missed and actually ever-present since all everyone was interested in was what only James could have answered. Since he did not, let's get to the REAL questions that people are interested in obtaining answers to... but first let me state here, again, that I believe the new forums is the worst idea ever. Why? because it serves no purpose AND the only one that results from it is quite detrimental to Vericoin since it goes directly against what Vericoin purports to be: An altcoin without anything to hide, with honest developers, total transparency AND a decided vocation to become the digital currency that normal people use . All of it goes squarely against this forum structure where people -new visitors- will get absolutely lost while searching for information that should be readily available with a simple glimpse at the OP here, in BitcointTalk. Needless to say, it will be a total failure as it is, in fact, a not even disguised intent to effect censorship and convert the community that everyone expects to be widespread into a reduced club of inconditionals with nothing to bring to the table except their worshiping of the dev team. Bad, bad mistake that, hopefully, will have no significant effect of any kind in the future of vericoin and it is born condemned to almost immediately be obsolete. Anyway, on with what really matters. James:

-- Although this question belongs probably more in the Supernet forum, it is of evident interest to holders of vericoin. Can you please CLEARLY explain the 10% condition? It is my understanding that any core coin of the supernet will be 10% owned by the Supernet (not you personally) and, in exchange for that ownership -as in a stake swap-, every core coin will have the corresponding equivalent in Supernet. If so, at what time is the value/price locked? The VERY CONFUSING words of Nosker, obviously added confusion instead of clarification... is it because Patrick himself doesn't understand your concept and terms or is it because he is shy in communicating that Supernet will buy 10% ownership of Vericoin IN EXCHANGE for equivalent purchase, by Vericoin, of Supernet?

Now I am ASSUMING that the final figures will be established at the time of integration -if and when it happens-, at which times Supernet will buy whatever amount is needed to complete the 10% stake, and Vericoin will purchase the amount needed to complete similar amount (not in %, which will be determined by marketprice, but in actual value). If my assumption is correct, does it count the amounts already purchased by Vericoin owners or it is something entirely separated? Along those lines, Patrick informed us that you, James, own currently over 400K units of Vericoin. Will those be considered as part of the 10%?

Another question without (logical) answer briefly mentioned, without any depth, by Doug: FIAT from the client. We all know that this is only possible, in the US, through very expensive availability of funds, in the neighborhood of $150-250,000. How is that bridge going to be crossed and when? Whose money will that be from, you James? the Supernet? Vericoin? Without that there's no possibility whatsoever of getting direct FIAT in the wallet... and we already have it through third parties -just like every other alt that wants to have it and some actually do. Again, we have had for months the clear and honest answer of Nosker, so this question is not directed to our devs but to James specifically. Just like the previous ones (although if the devs want to add some CLARIFICATION, needless to say it is welcome).

The only other thing is that it is not fair to even pretend to steal the thunder from James regarding the price of Vericoin which remains solid ONLY because of James, otherwise we would be in the hundreds, not the thousands, by now. Sorry devs, but what's true is true and it is only honorable to recognize it.

James, please try to be as clear as possible in your answers for, as you can see for yourself, the confusion is significant. Thank you.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:39:32 AM

I too missed seeing james make an appearance, as I had wished to finally hear an official detailed account of this deal that has changed soooo many times as well as more about why vrc should want to have anything to do with supernet, what he envisions vrc actually doing as part of supernet, and how that will provide any actual value for vrc from his own mouth.

Also I agree that it is painfully apparent that the new forums is an attempt to censor anyone that is not a so deemed cheerleader. However, I do like the new Vericoin only forums and think it is a good idea, BUT it must be open to anyone to post anything other than spam like that which was posted on veritalk. Vericoin does not need to go the way of Zeta creating private/limited/closed boards like that phony nobs.is. With that said, I as an investor with multiple top 100 wallets am not happy I have had my account deleted more than three times already from the new forums.

As for the age old Money Transmitter Licensing issue plaguing the now coined "BitVeri" process, the corporate support that I had spoken of had that issue solved. A few friends whom work for a MAJOR company that already dominates this aspect of the industry with bitcoin were more then willing to help. Now, not so much.

And Barabbas you give too much credit to JL777 for price. The price is not in the hundreds b/c we have not sold any VRC and left yet. Not b/c of his buy support or his sell walls. For you see, we have been "persuaded" to stay in the market by some friends whom are still tied up in Vericoin. B/c of this we have decided to not just sell and "give" our substantial holdings away, though no more buy support will come from us. So for now, vrc will not follow in the footsteps of CGA, EFL, EMC2, or any of the other coins whos market we crashed by cashing out of.

So I will sum up by saying obviously I feel that joining supernet under these terms was a bad move and not the way to go. Control of 10% of VRC would do SO much more for VRC if given to/obtained by a major company such as apple OR BitPay as opposed to an anonymous figure with the purpose of giving credibility to his supernet idea.

oh and the new wallet is cool too, I suppose.

I have to disagree with you on several points, of course. Nothing new. ALL the credit for the price sustainability, 100% of it, should go to James and James alone. Sorry but it is a fact. NOT SELLING -as you imply- did not stop VRC to crash 8000 sat. Staking at the level of 20+ million, did neither. Now, with the staking at less than 1/3, still maintains the price. And people is not selling, in spite of a practical double since. That is James and James alone. Nothing else. Credit where credit is due.

I cant believe you though, when you say that the Money Transmitter License is -or was- NOT an issue. Patrick Nosker very clearly stated here that it was... only because the project did not have the $150-200,000 needed to get the license. Should "your" group have that ability and will, this was way before James, it would have been implemented within a couple of weeks if offered. It never was. And I for one believe that you or your group lack that capability altogether.

See? It isn't a matter of people selling or not... enough people sold to bring the price under 8000 sat, before James came in, and enough people would have run for the exits to have it now in the hundreds if James would not have come into the picture... whatever you may want to choose to believe.

I believe I can answer your questions regarding what VRC will do for the Supernet and why James in so interested: He, being anonymous, needs a coin that will be a transparent and believable entry door to the Supernet and it's riches. Our 3 devs are still the "good guys" of crypto, so they will fit ideally the image that James wants the Supernet to project while he remains in the shadows and quite away from the US authorities, which is a main objective for him now that he is in the money big time. That's basically the value VRC brings to the Supernet.

The value that VRC gets from the Supernet is enormous. First as an investor in it, of considerable proportions. But, more importantly, it will have the tech wherewithal to be among the leaders in the digital currencies world, therefore reinforcing its intrinsic value in a comparatively significant way since we were, before James, at the bottom of the barrel with no objective possibilities of technical progression. In other words, it is a win-win and then win situation for both.

You also have, as far as my assumptions go -and they are quite punctual-, quite wrong the concept of exchange between the Supernet and it's core coins -of which we hope VRC will be one-. While the Supernet will INVEST in VRC to the tune of getting 2.7 million VRC, it is my understanding that VRC will invest whatever those 2.7 VRC are worth at the time in Supernet units. So Supernet will own 10% of VRC (purchased, not given), while VRC will own whatever % of Supernet can be bought with a similar amount of BTC than the one paid for the 10% of VRC. No one is "giving" up anything. It's a swap. Fair and square. I just questioned the details and timetable of such swap operation.

Of course I do not know -or care- who "persuades" you of not selling. But I am quite convinced that whether you choose to sell or not is quite irrelevant to the fluctuations of the price at this stage. What is this stage? One in which a very credible individual, James, is in full support mode of a coin that he needs for his overall project. The community (of VRC) and of crypto alts in general, has responded and continues responding very positively to that fact. And THAT and only THAT is what's keeping the price stable.  

ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 10:03:45 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 01:27:15 PM by ScottAllyn

With that said, I as an investor with multiple top 100 wallets am not happy I have had my account deleted more than three times already from the new forums.

The only accounts that have been deleted on the new forums are those that were flagged by the 3rd-party anti-spam services at the time of registration. I've seen each of those account rejections and in every case, it is because the ip addresses used for registering those accounts have been associated with over 1000 cases of spam on other forums in a short period of time.

If you're using a proxy service that is frequently used by Spammers, that might explain it. If you want to try again, message me the username and email address that you use for registering the account and I'll manually clear the account.

Edit: Looking over the rejected registrations, I see three that appear to be related; I can only assume that these are the three that you're referring to. They used the same username ("Veri %") and used similar email addresses. I can see why they were rejected. All three were flagged by two separate anti-spam services (ip address-based flags) for a high volume of spam on other forums. Furthermore, one of them used a domain name in the email address that is also associated with spam AND turns up a number of scam warnings when plugged into a Google search.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:43:21 PM

Hey guys, sorry for this issue, it has been a pain. The exchanges, supernodes, block explorer, most nodes are on the correct chain, but some are not after the supernodes went down. We have upgraded the protocol version of this wallet to protect against being on the wrong chain. Please uninstall, clear appdata folder leaving wallet and conf, and install this version if you are not in sync with explorer, or have the checkpoint error. If you are in sync with explorer and don't have checkpoint error, then just install new version, you don't need to clear the blockchain. If you go to console in help after install it says 1.4.1.2. This should resolve any remaining issue. Thanks and sorry for the bother. If you have the old wallet 1.3.4 you can experience the same problem, you should upgrade.

Block Explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/#

New windows wallet: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoin_1.4.1.exe

New Mac wallet: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoin_1.4.1.pkg

This is the main links on the site as well, new bootstrap coming you can wait for, or just start downloading the chain normally by opening the wallet.
libertynow

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:46:51 PM

Hey guys, sorry for this issue, it has been a pain. The exchanges, supernodes, block explorer, most nodes are on the correct chain, but some are not after the supernodes went down. We have upgraded the protocol version of this wallet to protect against being on the wrong chain. Please uninstall, clear appdata folder leaving wallet and conf, and install this version if you are not in sync with explorer, or have the checkpoint error. If you are in sync with explorer and don't have checkpoint error, then just install new version, you don't need to clear the blockchain. If you go to console in help after install it says 1.4.1.2. This should resolve any remaining issue. Thanks and sorry for the bother. If you have the old wallet 1.3.4 you can experience the same problem, you should upgrade.

This is the main links on the site as well, new bootstrap coming you can wait for, or just start downloading the chain normally by opening the wallet.

Thanks, effects.  What's the command to allocate more memory to the Windows wallet?

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:05:09 PM

I downloaded the latest linux wallet and it is still 1.4.1.1

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Pages: « 1 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 [819] 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: