Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 [821] 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:54:46 PM

Yeah they do accept Bitcoin but what if you only have VRC and no Bitcoin?  Then you can pay with your VRC.  That's what he was getting at.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

just ordered flowers on cheapflowers.com.. oh boy, they accept a lot of crypto currencies, some i haven't even heard of, including Godcoin, pyramids coin, and a lot lot more, but not Vericoin! strange

They accept BTC so by default they also accept VRC.

Lol, so many accepted BTC doesn't means they are accepting VRC. Their is ton on crypto currencies.
So every crypto holder will think like that.

VeriBit Cool
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:42:49 AM

just ordered flowers on cheapflowers.com.. oh boy, they accept a lot of crypto currencies, some i haven't even heard of, including Godcoin, pyramids coin, and a lot lot more, but not Vericoin! strange

They accept BTC so by default they also accept VRC.

Lol, so many accepted BTC doesn't means they are accepting VRC. Their is ton on crypto currencies.
So every crypto holder will think like that.

VeriBit Cool

Bingo!  We have a winner! Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/vericoin-altcoin-spend-wherever-bitcoin-accepted/

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:16:09 AM

Not much news here lately.

But no wonder there is no news when the whole crypto market is in a bit of chaos. Probably Bitcoin will survive and consolidate terms of its presence in everyday life, but all these interesting experiments like Litecoin, Vericoin, Blackcoin, Viacoin, etc. will disappear and of course Supernet too. No usage for these aforementioned altcoins whatsoever (we discussed in this and other threads lengthy that slightly better functionalities like quicker transaction time, more attractive wallet, etc. mean no real advantage over Bitcoin), users can do fuck all with altcoins, therefore the altcoins must and will disappear. Sorry, I wish I could bring a better news for you my fellow vericoin bagholders :-))
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:25:41 AM

But no wonder there is no news when the whole crypto market is in a bit of chaos. Probably Bitcoin will survive and consolidate terms of its presence in everyday life, but all these interesting experiments like Litecoin, Vericoin, Blackcoin, Viacoin, etc. will disappear and of course Supernet too. No usage for these aforementioned altcoins whatsoever (we discussed in this and other threads lengthy that slightly better functionalities like quicker transaction time, more attractive wallet, etc. mean nothing), users can do fuck all with altcoins, therefore the altcoins must and will disappear. Sorry, I wish I could bring a better news for you my fellow vericoin bagholders :-))

I think you're too pessimistic. Most altcoins won't go to the moon, but they won't disappear either. There is a community of die-hard supporters around every moderately successful coin and they don't run away because the price goes down -- they go down with it!

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:50:44 AM

But no wonder there is no news when the whole crypto market is in a bit of chaos. Probably Bitcoin will survive and consolidate terms of its presence in everyday life, but all these interesting experiments like Litecoin, Vericoin, Blackcoin, Viacoin, etc. will disappear and of course Supernet too. No usage for these aforementioned altcoins whatsoever (we discussed in this and other threads lengthy that slightly better functionalities like quicker transaction time, more attractive wallet, etc. mean nothing), users can do fuck all with altcoins, therefore the altcoins must and will disappear. Sorry, I wish I could bring a better news for you my fellow vericoin bagholders :-))

I think you're too pessimistic. Most altcoins won't go to the moon, but they won't disappear either. There is a community of die-hard supporters around every moderately successful coin and they don't run away because the price goes down -- they go down with it!

I was not commenting from price viewpoint and I have no doubt that Vericoin, Blackcoin, Pinkcoin, Doge and others will survive as a social club - people are clearly having great time to involve with the process and do the radios, forum software development and all social aspects of the coin, and in that sense I agree with you that it will survive, but it can't be more than a social club. Altcoins are not investment vehicles nor innovation platforms (Ethereum does the innovation not these fairly useless BTC/LTC clones). Since the altcoin has no real world usage (except the social club aspect), there is no point to have any, and therefore in a year time no altcoins will be around. That was the altcoin story. Even Bitcoin struggle to get started, but of course BTC will be eventually OK, but in my opinion there are still lots of disappointments ahead even with Bitcoin.

The expectations that vericoin will be mass adopted just because you can pay with vericoin via the Veribit feature wherever Bitcoin is accepted have been proved nothing more than fantasies. Even seemingly good ideas, intelligent and transparent teams mean nothing when there is no real usage for the currency. Actually the period from the start of Vericoin until this October was the make it or break it for altcoins, and in my opinion all of them failed. But that's fine, the idea was good and sensible and it was a good try :-))
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:58:24 AM

I was not commenting from price viewpoint and I have no doubt that Vericoin, Blackcoin, Pinkcoin, Doge and others will survive as a social club - people are clearly having great time to involve with the process and do the radios, forum software development and all social aspects of the coin, and in that sense I agree with you that it will survive, but it can't be more than a social club. Altcoins are not investment vehicles nor innovation platforms (Ethereum does the innovation not these fairly useless BTC/LTC clones). Since the altcoin has no real world usage (except the social club aspect), there is no point to have any, and therefore in a year time no altcoins will be around. That was the altcoin story. Even Bitcoin struggle to get started, but of course BTC will be eventually OK, but in my opinion there are still lots of disappointments ahead even with Bitcoin.

The expectations that vericoin will be mass adopted just because you can pay with vericoin via the Veribit feature wherever Bitcoin is accepted have been proved nothing more than fantasies. Even seemingly good ideas, intelligent and transparent teams mean nothing when there is no real usage for the currency. Actually the period from the start of Vericoin until this October was the make it or break it for altcoins, and in my opinion all of them failed. But that's fine, the idea was good and sensible and it was a good try :-))

Quoted to ridicule you with it in a year's time  Grin

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:10:57 PM

Quoted to ridicule you with it in a year's time  Grin

We will see and I wish that would be the case that you are correct :-)) but unfortunately in this occasion I am quite right and the BTC/LTC clones like Vericoin won't be around for very long, consequently infrastructure projects like Supernet won't be around too.
Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:21:47 PM

But no wonder there is no news when the whole crypto market is in a bit of chaos. Probably Bitcoin will survive and consolidate terms of its presence in everyday life, but all these interesting experiments like Litecoin, Vericoin, Blackcoin, Viacoin, etc. will disappear and of course Supernet too. No usage for these aforementioned altcoins whatsoever (we discussed in this and other threads lengthy that slightly better functionalities like quicker transaction time, more attractive wallet, etc. mean no real advantage over Bitcoin), users can do fuck all with altcoins, therefore the altcoins must and will disappear. Sorry, I wish I could bring a better news for you my fellow vericoin bagholders :-))

Looks like you didn't get the memo, nearly everyone that was here is in the new Forum.  Plenty of conversations going on in there.  Hard to keep up it's so active.  Vericoin isn't going anywhere, sorry to disappoint.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:46:50 PM

sorry where can i get the correct vericoin.conf file?

could someone post the correct nodes please
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:48:05 PM

Looks like you didn't get the memo, nearly everyone that was here is in the new Forum.  Plenty of conversations going on in there.  Hard to keep up it's so active.  Vericoin isn't going anywhere, sorry to disappoint.

Yeah guys come over and check out the new forums, over 100 posts/day is not uncommon: https://vericoinforums.com/
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:49:02 PM

sorry where can i get the correct vericoin.conf file?

could someone post the correct nodes please

This is the officail conf: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vericoin.conf
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:51:41 PM

thank you very much
VeryVeriViral

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 06:03:16 AM

Hey all! We'll still be stopping by these BitCoinTalk Forums from time to time to say hi (and to kill off ridiculous statements and FUD.)

But the vast majority of our time we will be discussing VeriCoin - as well as the technology and philosophy of Digital Currency in general - at our new forums via www.VeriCoinForums.com

It's a really, REALLY nice, comfortable environment for VeriCoin users and investors to openly be themselves while maintaining a certain integrity which, unfortunately, has been lost here.

We highly recommend and encourage ALL Crypto and AltCoin enthusiasts - not JUST VeriCoin supporters - to register at the new forums too. We're having a blast with the new community and the Devs have been really active as well.

Also we're running a special VeriCoin Media Contest (Photos, Memes and Videos) where the winners will net themselves a nice chunk of $VRC if their media is voted the highest!

We plan on doing lots of great things in the new forums and absolutely understand how vital an active, responsive community is to the longevity and reputation of a Digital Currency or Coin.

Please join up and be a part of something special! We appreciate each and every member!
This is only the beginning.

See you there!  Smiley

*Even our emoticons are awesome!

Jay Jay
@VeriCoin + @VeriumReserve
Online Media/Marketing
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:48:38 AM

Hey all! We'll still be stopping by these BitCoinTalk Forums from time to time to say hi (and to kill off ridiculous statements and FUD.)

But the vast majority of our time we will be discussing VeriCoin - as well as the technology and philosophy of Digital Currency in general - at our new forums via www.VeriCoinForums.com

It's a really, REALLY nice, comfortable environment for VeriCoin users and investors to openly be themselves while maintaining a certain integrity which, unfortunately, has been lost here.

We highly recommend and encourage ALL Crypto and AltCoin enthusiasts - not JUST VeriCoin supporters - to register at the new forums too. We're having a blast with the new community and the Devs have been really active as well.

Also we're running a special VeriCoin Media Contest (Photos, Memes and Videos) where the winners will net themselves a nice chunk of $VRC if their media is voted the highest!

We plan on doing lots of great things in the new forums and absolutely understand how vital an active, responsive community is to the longevity and reputation of a Digital Currency or Coin.

Please join up and be a part of something special! We appreciate each and every member!
This is only the beginning.

See you there!  Smiley

*Even our emoticons are awesome!

Thank you but I will pass... while I am waiting for James answers to my questions a couple pages back. And will continue posting here which is where anyone with real interest in Vericoin will always post. The cheerleaders' bleachers sound a bit juvenile to me... too old for that shit.
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:59:08 AM

damn haven't been here for awhile... feels good ,love the new forums thats where its all happening now Smiley

@barabbas what do u think of architect shutting down the arch coin bct thread?

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:05:56 AM

I don't believe they will disappear and certainly not within a year. What I expect is a fire sale with all the BS disappearing (that will account for about 80% of altcoins, probably more). But there will be survivors. Supernet? I don't know. I believe it could be the basket of the surviving ones. But the surviving ones will have to prove they serve a purpose (use and/or storage of value). You are quite right that, so far, only BTC seems to serve both purposes, but that is changing> For instance, there's a project coming up in less than 2 weeks, BRO, that uses the simplest of concepts: Crypto as chips, as in casino-chips. That will be usable from day one. And with a huge amount of customers already using either real chips in casinos everywhere, or money (fiat) as chips, online. Since it will comply with all the laws of the land and it is professionally supported and launched, I am quite sure it will be successful. And will "live" for many years. In the Supernet? I am quite sure James is already on the case.

Other ones such as Vericoin? I don't know. Whatever magic James can continue to invoke, will be the ONLY means of survival of Vericoin, beyond a couple of years, tops. Meanwhile, who really cares? All people in Alts care about is making money not in one year but in one week. Or less. The bags don't help the cause, of course, but still enough come in with some resources to try while the bag holders choose to believe in fairy tales that would invalidate their... bad luck.

You have to understand, I'm sure you do, that this whole shebang is a hobby... and expensive one at that. Most people involved in it have invested in it some decent money through GPUs, asics and the like and, lacking cash, they will point their "miners" to anything at all for as long as any of the 8 decimals turns a numbers, regardless in what amount of time. So the games will continue, every time in smaller scale, with a few players dominating and pushing the tech forward. The rest, more than happy with being also runs... especially if they can be interviewed in youtube every once in a while... or conduct their own thrilling pow wows.

But there's a future for altcoins way beyond one year threshold, no question about it. Especially when the legislative clean up machine comes through.  
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:06:57 AM

damn haven't been here for awhile... feels good ,love the new forums thats where its all happening now Smiley

Sorry I haven't followed that one. The way you put it, sounds quite entertaining though, so sorry that I missed it.
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:08:51 AM

Sorry I haven't followed that one. The way you put it, sounds quite entertaining though, so sorry that I missed it.
alright Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:41:05 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 02:19:57 PM by altcoinUK

Looks like you didn't get the memo, nearly everyone that was here is in the new Forum.  Plenty of conversations going on in there.  Hard to keep up it's so active.  Vericoin isn't going anywhere, sorry to disappoint.

I am not disappointed that Vericoin is still around, quite the opposite, and I am sorry too to disappoint you by being not disappointed about VRC is still around. I would like Vericoin survive in the digital currency world/war, however the reality is that without a real use case the project is unsustainable. I am not happy about it just stating the obvious fact, that's all.

As for the new forum, thanks, but if this forum is good enough for people like Gavin Andresen, Peter Todd and other accomplished BTC professionals than it should be good enough for no-name random users like myself. Other issue is, not that I ever visited there, but I assume the new forum forum is the perfect place for the nonsenses from vocal supporters (they known as well as hardcore cheerleaders) like Jay Jay. When he talks about some kind of long term project and other nonsensical plans like vericoin mass adoption (in the meantime there isn't a a real world use case whatsoever), then it is better to keep that talk in the fantasy land of the new forum - we would like to talk here about facts and topics that make sense. Anyway, I couldn't be happier that you have a good time there, enjoy your new forum.
Pages: « 1 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 [821] 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: