Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 [828] 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:04:44 PM

VeriCoin needs volunteers to translate texts in english to other languages. VeriCoin precisa de voluntários para traduzir textos em Inglês para outros idiomas. VeriCoin braucht Freiwillige, die Texte in Englisch , andere Sprachen zu übersetzen. VeriCoin necesita voluntarios para traducir textos en Inglés a otros idiomas. VeriCoin需要志愿者的英语文本翻译成其他语言. VeriCoin besoin de bénévoles pour traduire des textes en anglais dans d'autres langues. VeriCoin ha bisogno di volontari per tradurre testi in inglese in altre lingue

More @ https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/volunteers-translators-from-english-to-other-languages.472/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:01:10 PM

lol @ everyone blaming vrc low price on btc going down and upcoming ipos like bro.

put ur blame towards mintpal and supernet.

b/c of mintpal hack we pulled trading support... with the intention to repush once bottomed out. that price rise barabbas claimed was from worldvrc day.... yeah that was a test pump from us looking to see if vrc had bottomed and if it was time to repush the price that just happened to coincide with his post about vrcday or w/e it was. but we will let him keep thinking as he wishes....

then supernet happened and let me ask why would we support a coin when 10% of mrket is going to b given to someone to dump when supernet dies just like UNOCS did when feathercoin left that.

and definatly lol at barabbas now being 110% supernet supporter...

one of our ppl tried to tell u we had plans 4 vrc. and if we had stuck to those vrc price would already b at .00075+

but instead of listening all of ur cheerleaders got scared market might actually be manipulated and that there might really b a group like ours with veri large holdings in the coin so they decided to label us as fud and blame us for attacks on vrc... when u should b looking else where.

we were only trying to speak up and prevent this coins community from making and a coin killing mistake of giving away control of 10% of the market to someone to use as a pump and dump to support something sketchy, questionable, and not even in existence yet.

who in there right mind would make a move to trust such a giant chunk of a multi-million dollar market
to some1 with such little accountability and such a giant conflict of interest in exchange for something that is just vaporware.... no company i know would.

so enjoy ur supernet payoffs paid for by dumping coins ppl have given jl to join supernet... while u keep pushing jls worthless assets...

but vrc price will continue down unless ur one and only whale JL777's buying support out weighs our selling weight...

looking at the charts for bbr and other coins that where given to jl.... still believe in that so called JL effect.

supernet is a joke. only ppl supporting it are nxt'rs and noobs that have only been in btc for less then a yr like all those that were burned by zeta....

bahahahahha no no wait...........bahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahbahahahhahahahah!!! Good pump group so invested in vrc ,didn't even know the 10% is ours .... bahahahahhahaha go back to bed lol

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:59:35 AM

Someone is injecting some coin in VRC. That you James? If so, appreciated but...

It is perhaps time for an update on what your tech plans are for VRC in order to get it to join the core SuperNET. Exactly what would be the tech aspect coming from VRC that will complete the SuperNET? I mean, it really doesn't matter if others start working on developing on their own since that would not gain them access tpo the SuperNET since it will be a copy of what VRC would bring, right? So no need to keep it secret. Amd it is going to be open source anyway...

So please, let us know exactly what VRC will bring to SN, to complete it.

I know you are busy, but not that busy so...
wetwipe

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:12:14 AM

Someone is injecting some coin in VRC. That you James? If so, appreciated but...

It is perhaps time for an update on what your tech plans are for VRC in order to get it to join the core SuperNET. Exactly what would be the tech aspect coming from VRC that will complete the SuperNET? I mean, it really doesn't matter if others start working on developing on their own since that would not gain them access tpo the SuperNET since it will be a copy of what VRC would bring, right? So no need to keep it secret. Amd it is going to be open source anyway...

Maybe its something to do with the fact there has been a change to the vrc escrow fund with supernet apparently I now own some sort of unity nxt vrc asset ?. And cant seem to figure out what its about any Dev got a few to explain this move. Was anything posted about this here cant see anything?.  Thanks in advance.

VGWNxRiC1s3jMi7S6Nzuv2PpDKT9PmqiQy   <-----  VRC treatment fund for the clinically insane. -----> (Barabbass-AltcoinUK).
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:48:56 AM

Maybe its something to do with the fact there has been a change to the vrc escrow fund with supernet apparently I now own some sort of unity nxt vrc asset ?. And cant seem to figure out what its about any Dev got a few to explain this move. Was anything posted about this here cant see anything?.  Thanks in advance.

The initial momentum for yesterday's spike coincided perfectly with Effects2Cause's Twitter tease about BitVeri; it's likely related to that. This is why it's important to keep an eye on all forums and social outlets, IMO, even the ones that you wouldn't normally use. News on Twitter often has a more immediate impact on a coin's short term price than news on BCT.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:03:43 PM

CONCERNING THE RECENT S/N-UNITY 100-1 swap

As I said in my intial response to the swap proffered by James I do NOT have a problem with the donors swapping their 20%

for SN/UNITY. They'll be getting that back at some time anyway.

The other 80% is the communitties and the community should be made aware what the status of the fund is and get a say in

how it's dealings. James is ONE member of the VRC community. He can set his terms and the community can accept them or

not.

This SuperNET Committee ? It's the first I've heard of it and my request for when it was formed? Who's on it? and What is

it's charter? Have not been answered.HuhHuh Why not??

If the Dev's just went ahead and decided to do the deal without discussing it with the community  any semblence of the

Democratazation of the money system went out the window. Calling it Community is reduced to Lip Service.

I see the disposition of 80% of the VEF as something the Community has a say in. Only the Donors Voted. This is (as I've

stated previously)  precisley the issue this thread was started for; to get the rights of the Community and  the voting protocol 

straight so when things like this (The Swap Deal) come along it could proceed in an orderly, transparent manner.

Pnosker states there isn't a way to insure a fair vote. That's his opinion. This isn't a new issue. Solutions are being develop

utilising Block Chain Tech.  Someone in the NXT community has been working on a "voting" procedure. It's at or near end

stage for useage. In either case the communitty should be consulted before any "deal" is signed off on.

The "Shell Game", fast shuffle, of "Here's the Deal.", "But this is the deal", "What is the Deal?" with no clear answer and

the next day the "Deal" is something else are a huge problem for crypto.

People will do what they do.

The Block Chain is "Math". It's uncorruptible.

If you want to Develop a Coin (or anything else for that matter) and be the "Sole Decsion Maker" or have a board or

committee which makes the calls fine.

But don't say it's a community where everyone has a say and then run it with a few, influencial, well placed, or monied

individuals dicating to the community as a whole.

Do what you Say you are going to.  This is Integrity. Anything less isn't moving society forward. 
libertynow

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 04:56:12 PM

lol @ everyone blaming vrc low price on btc going down and upcoming ipos like bro.

put ur blame towards mintpal and supernet.

b/c of mintpal hack we pulled trading support... with the intention to repush once bottomed out. that price rise barabbas claimed was from worldvrc day.... yeah that was a test pump from us looking to see if vrc had bottomed and if it was time to repush the price that just happened to coincide with his post about vrcday or w/e it was. but we will let him keep thinking as he wishes....

then supernet happened and let me ask why would we support a coin when 10% of mrket is going to b given to someone to dump when supernet dies just like UNOCS did when feathercoin left that.

and definatly lol at barabbas now being 110% supernet supporter...

one of our ppl tried to tell u we had plans 4 vrc. and if we had stuck to those vrc price would already b at .00075+

but instead of listening all of ur cheerleaders got scared market might actually be manipulated and that there might really b a group like ours with veri large holdings in the coin so they decided to label us as fud and blame us for attacks on vrc... when u should b looking else where.

we were only trying to speak up and prevent this coins community from making and a coin killing mistake of giving away control of 10% of the market to someone to use as a pump and dump to support something sketchy, questionable, and not even in existence yet.

who in there right mind would make a move to trust such a giant chunk of a multi-million dollar market
to some1 with such little accountability and such a giant conflict of interest in exchange for something that is just vaporware.... no company i know would.

so enjoy ur supernet payoffs paid for by dumping coins ppl have given jl to join supernet... while u keep pushing jls worthless assets...

but vrc price will continue down unless ur one and only whale JL777's buying support out weighs our selling weight...

looking at the charts for bbr and other coins that where given to jl.... still believe in that so called JL effect.

supernet is a joke. only ppl supporting it are nxt'rs and noobs that have only been in btc for less then a yr like all those that were burned by zeta....

LOL, if anyone believes this, PM me because I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:23:41 PM

I find it hilarious that Kevondo, who refused to contribute a dime in massive 20 point font when asked, but now it seems he feels has the right to claim my money and spend it as he wishes in spite of the votes and wishes of the actual people who escrowed the funds and in spite of the wishes of the person we sent the funds to. 
People sent those funds to James, not you.  And James gave them back to the original donators to vote (via how much they donated) and so far 100% of the people voting with their own coins (via the blockchain) have voted to purchase the SuperNET asset UNITY, and yet you still complain.....Kinda shocking actually.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:53:25 PM

I find it hilarious that Kevondo, who refused to contribute a dime in massive 20 point font when asked, but now it seems he feels has the right to claim my money and spend it as he wishes in spite of the votes and wishes of the actual people who escrowed the funds and in spite of the wishes of the person we sent the funds to. 
People sent those funds to James, not you.  And James gave them back to the original donators to vote (via how much they donated) and so far 100% of the people voting with their own coins (via the blockchain) have voted to purchase the SuperNET asset UNITY, and yet you still complain.....Kinda shocking actually.
+1 lol

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:23:54 PM

The initial momentum for yesterday's spike coincided perfectly with Effects2Cause's Twitter tease about BitVeri; it's likely related to that. This is why it's important to keep an eye on all forums and social outlets, IMO, even the ones that you wouldn't normally use. News on Twitter often has a more immediate impact on a coin's short term price than news on BCT.

You are just unintentionally funny... sigh....
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:39:24 PM

People sent those funds to James, not you.  And James gave them back to the original donators to vote (via how much they donated) and so far 100% of the people voting with their own coins (via the blockchain) have voted to purchase the SuperNET asset UNITY, and yet you still complain.....Kinda shocking actually.

I believe -although I must admit I only understand a % of what he writes- that Kevondo is referring not just to the donations but the funds in the Vericoin Fund. I maybe mistaken, of course.

Now, all this said, it is time for James to recognize that his proposal, and request to the community, to raise 10% of the total coins in "donations", was a terrible failure for not only a very small part of the initial request -not even 20% of it- was actually "donated" but those who donated were a very minimal part of the VRC community.

Pretending therefore that the whole community was behind the idea of "donating" (actually be willing to be paid 10k sat for their coins, at a later time), is just not even close to real.

James has a lot of work to do here if he wants to ever reach the goal of getting the VRC community to pony up 10% to buy into the SuperNET. Things would have to change quite drastically for that goal to be achieved, even with the timeline being quite generous in time... which is something that doesn't work in James' influence's favor, as we have been corroborating of late.

Of course BITVERI will save the day...rotflol
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:01:14 PM

People sent those funds to James, not you.  And James gave them back to the original donators to vote (via how much they donated) and so far 100% of the people voting with their own coins (via the blockchain) have voted to purchase the SuperNET asset UNITY, and yet you still complain.....Kinda shocking actually.

I believe -although I must admit I only understand a % of what he writes- that Kevondo is referring not just to the donations but the funds in the Vericoin Fund. I maybe mistaken, of course.

Now, all this said, it is time for James to recognize that his proposal, and request to the community, to raise 10% of the total coins in "donations", was a terrible failure for not only a very small part of the initial request -not even 20% of it- was actually "donated" but those who donated were a very minimal part of the VRC community.

Pretending therefore that the whole community was behind the idea of "donating" (actually be willing to be paid 10k sat for their coins, at a later time), is just not even close to real.

James has a lot of work to do here if he wants to ever reach the goal of getting the VRC community to pony up 10% to buy into the SuperNET. Things would have to change quite drastically for that goal to be achieved, even with the timeline being quite generous in time... which is something that doesn't work in James' influence's favor, as we have been corroborating of late.

I may have the bull by the horns here but as a investor in SuperNET my understanding is that SuperNET will buy 10% of what ever coin makes it into SuperNET. I have never seen anything about any coin donating

10% of there coin supply. As SuperNET is a work in progress and not a completed project no coins have been purchased as yet. When SuperNET is sorted and running the 10% will be purchased at market rates.

The coins raised already where for the purchase of the Unity/SuperNET asset (at discounted rate). If this is the case then what's the problem.

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:14:27 PM

I may have the bull by the horns here but as a investor in SuperNET my understanding is that SuperNET will buy 10% of what ever coin makes it into SuperNET. I have never seen anything about any coin donating

10% of there coin supply. As SuperNET is a work in progress and not a completed project no coins have been purchased as yet. When SuperNET is sorted and running the 10% will be purchased at market rates.

The coins raised already where for the purchase of the Unity/SuperNET asset (at discounted rate). If this is the case then what's the problem.

Jon  Wink

I don't see any problem. As a matter of fact I was the earliest proponent of investing (in supernet assets) the money "donated" before the price of VRC was UNDER 10k as it was inevitably going to be. It appears it will be done at the lowest possible price? Another brilliant move by our stooges...

Where I see a problem, several in fact, is when it comes top the understanding of what the deal is supposed to be (James changes it more times thann I change my underwear). James/Supernet will buy 10% of VRC and, in exchange, VRC will buy the equivalent in value (not %) in SuperNET. How that is going to happen when only 20% of the intended initial "donations" are raised, it is still a mystery to me...

All this is SEPARATED from whatever DONATION the community decides to award James when and IF the price reaches the thresholds of 50k sat and 100K sat, both of which seem quite a tall order the way things are shaping around the altcoin world these days (within a week, and for an entire month, I believe BRO is going to suck in most of the already very thin liquidity in the entire altcoin scene).

Uh... the BITVERI bit -pun absolutely intended- lasted less than a sushi roll in my plate. Grin Grin Grin
jd1959

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:33:21 PM

Jon  Wink

I don't see any problem. As a matter of fact I was the earliest proponent of investing (in supernet assets) the money "donated" before the price of VRC was UNDER 10k as it was inevitably going to be. It appears it will be done at the lowest possible price? Another brilliant move by our stooges...

Where I see a problem, several in fact, is when it comes top the understanding of what the deal is supposed to be (James changes it more times thann I change my underwear). James/Supernet will buy 10% of VRC and, in exchange, VRC will buy the equivalent in value (not %) in SuperNET. How that is going to happen when only 20% of the intended initial "donations" are raised, it is still a mystery to me...

All this is SEPARATED from whatever DONATION the community decides to award James when and IF the price reaches the thresholds of 50k sat and 100K sat, both of which seem quite a tall order the way things are shaping around the altcoin world these days (within a week, and for an entire month, I believe BRO is going to suck in most of the already very thin liquidity in the entire altcoin scene).

Uh... the BITVERI bit -pun absolutely intended- lasted less than a sushi roll in my plate. Grin Grin Grin

I haven't seen anything about accepted coins in SuperNET having to invest back into SuperNET, as for James bonus he put assets into SuperNET and SuperNET owners voted on the whole Bonus issue, no one else.

As you have stated getting the price that far north in the present climate is a tall order, I wish him all the best, as if he does achieve it we will be looking rather good or at least the bottom line will.

Jon  Wink

Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:23:31 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 12:51:05 AM by Reavon

Here is a link for our new comer to get a nice information on the superNET topic that is going on here. Just bump it :

https://soundcloud.com/legendface66/beyond-bitcoin-13-one-to-rule-them-all

As it goes for james , the mastermind behind superNET, i did a littlebit of research about him here on BTCtalk. My result is that i cant say that there will be a success for superNET or not, but i noticed that james has very good reputation on in crypto , on every 9th guy here on the forum that can confirm and argue that james is a legit and hardworking guy comes one who is suspicious or a enemy of IPOs (which James used to distribute TOKEN). But no one from from the negativ side could really say that there is something fishy with that guy and that correlates with the fact that all the Assets that he releases sells like hot dogs. It seems like there is a collective of people  , i call it the "Smartmoney"  ,who invested in all that superNET stuff because they know more than the average crypto dude. After diging more into what superNET finally will be , i for myself regret now that i didnt get myself those TOKEN .

To sum it up:

James is legit if it goes of Legitimacypossibility relied on statistical positiv reputation.

As it goes for superNET, it is something worth read about. And than make your own decisions.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:03:35 AM

Here is a link for our new comer to get a nice information on the superNET topic that is going on here. Just bump it :

As it goes for james , the mastermind behind superNET, i did a littlebit of research about him here on BTCtalk. My result is that i cant say that there will be a success for superNET or not, but i noticed that james has very good reputation on in crypto , on every 9th guy here on the forum that can confirm and argue that james is a legit and hardworking guy comes one who is suspicious or a enemy of IPOs (which James used to distribute TOKEN). But no one from from the negativ side could really say that there is something fishy with that guy and that correlates with the fact that all the Assets the releases sells like hot buns. It seems like there is a collective of people  , i call it the "Smartmoney"  ,who invested in all that superNET stuff because they more than the average crypto dude. After diging more into what superNET finally will be , i for myself regret now that i didnt get myself those TOKEN .

To sum it up:

James is legit if it goes of Legitimacypossibility relied on statistical positiv reputation.

As it goes for superNET, it is something worth read about. And than make your own decisions.

It was never a question that James knows what he is doing terms of software development and he knows how to collect money.

The issues are
a) SuperNet is a vaporware (and most likely it will be nothing more than a great idea, good looking software development initiative and money collection instrument for James)
b) SuperNet has no effect whatsoever on the price of VRC
c) James lost his interest in VRC as he realised that the FIAT feature means very little, he knows that SuperNet will gain as much from the FIAT feature as much VRC gained from the FIAT wallet integration (which was zero gain) and the whole VRC association does not worth his time
d) The VRC devs do even less work than they did in the summer - which is a quite amazing as they managed to deliver absolutely nothing during the summer
e) VRC is a hopeless, stagnating, zero progress coin, nothing more than a fork, one from the 500 BTC/LTC clones, which is quite disappointing as we expected a lot more from the PhD students and MS developer

Apart from a-e everything is cool.

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:25:04 AM

The amount of time that Kev donates to Vericoin is more then your puny donation. Second James did not give it back to the donors but to the community....Yes/No? Also when you get a chance look into the definition of donation.  Third.... how do you know it was 100% of the vote Huh and not 90% or 80% ? I did not see any transparency in the vote I can only trust the people handling the transactions.

Does it shock you every time someone questions something that you feel you are in agreement with ?

Me personally have no interest because I do not donate.... I invest.  I do not have extra money to give away as I live paycheck to paycheck. Try to understand that Kev fought in the war, he is sticking up for you and the community of the coin. Remember he may have a lot more invested then 10 times your VRC honey pot.

When I was new here Barabus had brought up some great points and I was happy that he spoke up because I was thinking many of the things he was saying, he flip/flops and at times he can be a crab apple and thats when I call him out on it Tongue
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:59:18 AM

The amount of time that Kev donates to Vericoin is more then your puny donation. Second James did not give it back to the donors but to the community....Yes/No? Also when you get a chance look into the definition of donation.  Third.... how do you know it was 100% of the vote Huh and not 90% or 80% ? I did not see any transparency in the vote I can only trust the people handling the transactions.

Does it shock you every time someone questions something that you feel you are in agreement with ?

Me personally have no interest because I do not donate.... I invest.  I do not have extra money to give away as I live paycheck to paycheck. Try to understand that Kev fought in the war, he is sticking up for you and the community of the coin. Remember he may have a lot more invested then 10 times your VRC honey pot.

When I was new here Barabus had brought up some great points and I was happy that he spoke up because I was thinking many of the things he was saying, he flip/flops and at times he can be a crab apple and thats when I call him out on it Tongue

I guess Barabus is me, Loon? I haven't EVER flip/flopped, whatever your perception is. MY perception of what Kevondo does is just a self-serving hobby that in no way whatsoever benefits VRC. He does it for himself, no practical result, either way, for VRC. And I don't believe anyone cares who and what Kevondo is/has been in his personal life.

As for James, I have been a staunch supporter of his connection to VRC since minute one. Not for any other reason, initially, that ANYTHING at all whatsoever could only be beneficial for VRC which was doomed to go straight to the ground in view of the nil ability of the stooges to bring any progress at all to the project. AFTER researching James and kind of understanding his future use of VRC, I remained completely supportive because, frankly, he's the only engine behind VRC and he's the only possibility, whatever remote, of the valuation increasing at some point. I was proven right and his initial implication almost instantly doubled the price... in spite of what I was astounded by the incredible lack of brains/will of the community at large to give (to themselves, mind you) 10% of their coins... They have just doubled the price and value of their wallets instantly and yet wouldn't anticipate a donation which was guaranteed to bring them almost 30% more than the price was before James came in. That told me that the large community here, like in many other coins, is just a shitty, very shitty one. Kudos to the ones that gave, very few but, in some cases, above the 10% threshold. That is the ONLY comunity worth speaking of here; the rest, leeches.

As for James' reputation, the guy has to be a veritable saint to be able to keep the reputation that he has in the cesspool of vipers that the digital currency. That, besides the fact that he is as capable as anyone on the tech side and probably the most envied person in crypto. Again, that he retains almost pristine reputation in the world of crypto, is simply unbelievable.

Taking all this into consideration, I fully support James in and out of VRC but not fully supporting him within VRC, with no reservations whatsoever, is, in my opinion, simply dumb.
jd1959

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:01:49 AM

As it goes for james , the mastermind behind superNET, i did a littlebit of research about him here on BTCtalk. My result is that i cant say that there will be a success for superNET or not, but i noticed that james has very good reputation on in crypto , on every 9th guy here on the forum that can confirm and argue that james is a legit and hardworking guy comes one who is suspicious or a enemy of IPOs (which James used to distribute TOKEN). But no one from from the negativ side could really say that there is something fishy with that guy and that correlates with the fact that all the Assets the releases sells like hot buns. It seems like there is a collective of people  , i call it the "Smartmoney"  ,who invested in all that superNET stuff because they more than the average crypto dude. After diging more into what superNET finally will be , i for myself regret now that i didnt get myself those TOKEN .

To sum it up:

It was never a question that James knows what he is doing terms of software development and he knows how to collect money.

The issues are
a) SuperNet is a vaporware (and most likely it will be nothing more than a great idea, good looking software development initiative and money collection instrument for James)
b) SuperNet has no effect whatsoever on the price of VRC
c) James lost his interest in VRC as he realised that the FIAT feature means very little, he knows that SuperNet will gain as much from the FIAT feature as much VRC gained from the FIAT wallet integration (which was zero gain) and the whole VRC association does not worth his time
d) The VRC devs do even less work than they did in the summer - which is a quite amazing as they managed to deliver absolutely nothing during the summer
e) VRC is a hopeless, stagnating, zero progress coin, nothing more than a fork, one from the 500 BTC/LTC clones, which is quite disappointing as we expected a lot more from the PhD students and MS developer

Apart from a-e everything is cool.

I do appreciate your right to express your opinion, however if you believe what you posted why are even here?  We're all big boys and girls now and can think for ourselves, maybe crypto is not the place for you

it's extremely volatile by nature and many days worth of gain can disappear overnight. If you don't like the ride you should just get off.

Jon  Wink

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:26:34 AM

RELATIVELY OFF-TOPIC

In 7 days, there's going to be a huge rush in crypto to participate in an ICO that is going to make history: BRO. Huge amounts of BTC, in the thousand per day, probably even more are going to be sucked in there eliminating, de facto, the already extremely thin liquidity if the crypto-alts market. EVERY COIN will be affected, including, of course, VRC. In more or less measure, even the most established coins will see liquidity leaving and investors leaving to be able to participate in BRO.

For full disclosure, I believe BRO is an idea as simple as brilliant destined to be an instant success the likes of which have never been seen in digital currencies. In the short term and especially in the longer run, it can be extremely profitable for the demand is guaranteed. BUT everyone should be aware that the issuers of BRO will be left is a position of an extremely huge whale, and as such, will be able to manipulate the price in their benefit as they please. They will start collecting BRO from their games from day one, adding to their already huge stack of the coin. They can easy -and fully LEGALLY- stage big dumps in order to purchase BROs that they are going to need always at much lower prices. Rinse and repeat. As a matter of fact, it should be a strategy for them in order to maximize profits from the get go. Be aware that BRO are just chips, nothing else. The casino needs them all the time for they have to convert FIAT to them. But, in the  beginning and in the end, what they need, to support the profits of Brakout gaming, the COMPANY behind BRO, is FIAT, lots of it.

The reason I post this semi-off topic here is to prepare everyone for a possible temporary downside in VRC's price during the long month the IPO of BRO is going to last. Also, whether or no you want to participate in BRO, be aware that, besides VRC, every established and non-established coin's price will be affected, perhaps severely. Many already are. It will get MUCH worse, in my estimations. Therefore, beyond BRO, there will be many opportunities to buy artificially cheap into many cryptos, more than probably, if you are so inclined, into VRC too.

So be aware of the macro influences that are already affecting the markets BUT, by all means, please do your own diligence.
Pages: « 1 ... 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 [828] 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: