Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:57:54 AM

roadmap looking good for this coin. I like the stability of the price also, you know it will not be dumped to 2200 like XST as it is a true value at the moment and can only go up.
It usually floats between 9K and 11K so buying now is smart I think.

Yeah really GREAT looking roadmap,  looks very much like the I/OCoin one. We are more ahead on our developments also. Smiley

The main attribute of a roadmap is that the viewer assumes there is a progress in the project - that's why there are the progress indicator percentages next to each tasks. In that sense and from progress viewpoint the VRC roadmap is nothing more than a lie. There is no progress whatsoever in this project, e.g. the whitepaper, anon features and all other items are exactly at the same point as they were 2 months ago. It gives the impression for bagholders and potential investors that a software development is going on at VRC, which is obviously couldn't be further from the truth.

I suggest stop circulating this deceiving marketing item and stop misleading existing bagholders and potential investors by giving the impression that the 2 PhD students and one MS developer develop anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:10:59 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 04:17:05 PM by Isokoira

Why don't you just chill out AltcoinUK and come back when there is some news you actually agree with and like?  Why put yourself through the misery of this day to day coming here if you're not getting what you want?  Like I said to Barabbas, you don't know what is being done behind the scenes and nobody else besides the Devs does either so either contribute something other than this daily rubbish or chill out and wait like the rest of us.  Seriously getting old but I do still come here for the entertainment.  

For those that are looking for more than just daily entertainment, come on by.

https://www.vericoinforums.com/
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:20:01 PM

Maybe the devs should make some updates on devlopment more often.  I mean compared to many other coins, this one often seems like there ist no development going on, its always "behind the scenes". And this is no fud ....  

Other coins are right about shooting in the Top30 and i dont see vericoin holding its postion atm.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

I read a few threads and I've noticed that many Dev's are not very active unless someone posts a tech issue. Then there allover it like white on rice. I think most Dev's are to busy doing Dev's stuff,like working on tech

and stuff to spend all there time hanging around threads. The coins I've seen where the Dev's are the most active of all posters on the thread, don't seem to do very well. IMO

That being said there is nothing like a heads up to let everyone know that progress is being made even if it's happening slowly

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:17:18 PM

Why don't you just chill out AltcoinUK and come back when there is some news you actually agree with and like?  Why put yourself through the misery of this day to day coming here if you're not getting what you want.  Like I said to Barabbas, you don't know what is being done behind the scenes and nobody else besides the Devs does either so either contribute something other than this daily rubbish or chill out and wait like the rest of us.  Seriously getting old but I do still come here for the entertainment. 

For those that are looking for more than just daily entertainment, come on by.

https://www.vericoinforums.com/

Well, actually I know what is being done behind the scenes and I am willing to share that valuable information with you right now: behind the scenes being done absolutely nothing.
I know this because when anything, even the lamest and most nonsensical thing is being worked on behind the scenes we will know about that immediately from the devs via posts, tweets, and then the cheerleaders are getting super excited saying that history being made behind the scenes - see the lamest idea ever, the VISA card that was hyped well before the actual announcement. So I can assure you, if anything would happen, even a smallest possible development like the first character in a menu item of the wallet UI is about tho change, then we would know about it immediately.

Anyway, don't worry about me, it is not a misery nor excitement for me, I am - as a long time fan and bagholder of the coin - just stating the facts here.

Isokoira

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:26:41 PM

Appreciate your response and sorry you feel that way.  The only thing any of us can do is sit back and wait unfortunately unless you have something more to contribute since the Devs aren't working fast enough for you.  Certainly not being productive in any way whining about how things should be.  We are all in the same boat here.  These Devs have been on this ride with us from the beginning and are still here unlike a lot of coins out there so I'd have to say that is definitely a plus.
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:54:18 PM

Appreciate your response and sorry you feel that way.  The only thing any of us can do is sit back and wait unfortunately unless you have something more to contribute since the Devs aren't working fast enough for you.  Certainly not being productive in any way whining about how things should be.  We are all in the same boat here.  These Devs have been on this ride with us from the beginning and are still here unlike a lot of coins out there so I'd have to say that is definitely a plus.

No need to feel sorry as nothing bad happened. As I said earlier VRC is the worst investment of the year, but in the investment basket naturally must be 1-2 bad investments as well - the bad investment happened to be Vericoin, this disappointing, stagnating, absolutely no progress coin. Since my investment in VRC is minor (compared to my other investments) I can manage the loss of this bad investment, but it's still worth discussing developments and most of the cases lack of developments here.

I wouldn't characterize the being around of devs as a plus - I think it is an absolute must. Since the devs came forward with the capable, competent, transparent professional team image, this  - the devs being around -  is the least investors could expect. If they wouldn't be around then it would be a straight forward scam. It is unfortunate that the devs could not fulfill the rest of expectations and made this coin a failure and very poor investment.

And yes, the devs aren't working fast enough. Also, I have been contributing more than the cheerleader brigade combined as at least I have been talking about topics that matters and contributing nothing to the nonsensical cheerleader hurrahing, so I hope you appreciate my contribution to the VRC process.

What I could agree on with you, that nothing to do, lets wait and see what's happening. (The mass adoption fantasy of the devs and certain vocal cheerleaders is not a rational initiative, so don't even suggest to work on that please)
Isokoira

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:58:07 PM

All we can do is wait and hope for the best, I have heard there are things in the pipeline but of course without seeing anything tangible we can only guess if it's true or not.  Doesn't help sitting here going on and on about what we expect and what is not happening.  You could be wrong in your assumptions as could I but till we see real results, all we can do is speculate.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:12:52 PM

I'm going to leave this right here Cool

Quote from James

VRC has committed to making a cloud storage GUI for SuperNET using the recent DHT API I made. The plan is to create a way for users (and companies or even other coins!) to rent out HDD space to the cloud. All of the details have not been worked out yet, but the VRC community has been quite active with its SuperNET support and with a cloud storage solution will definitely be worthy of SuperNET core inclusion. I will be working with them to solve whatever tech issues come up.

https://nxtforum.org/unity/supernet-funds-request-authorization-thread-official/40/
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:23:58 PM

Quote from James

VRC has committed to making a cloud storage GUI for SuperNET using the recent DHT API I made. The plan is to create a way for users (and companies or even other coins!) to rent out HDD space to the cloud. All of the details have not been worked out yet, but the VRC community has been quite active with its SuperNET support and with a cloud storage solution will definitely be worthy of SuperNET core inclusion. I will be working with them to solve whatever tech issues come up.

https://nxtforum.org/unity/supernet-funds-request-authorization-thread-official/40/

Thanks for letting us know, that's a very good news.

The question is, will be 100BTC spent on VRC?
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

Quote from James

I disagree wholeheartedly with this.  We should clearly bow to the will of the 2 guys who donated not a dime to the SuperNET fund and instead of this plan to develop a first of its kind feature in crypto, we should use the 538,000 VRC to deliver to Kevondo and lootz.  Who cares that the people that actually delivered money to create this fund have voted unanimously to create this tremendous value that only VRC will have.  Who cares that this is awesome news.  We should instead bow to the will of an old would be dictator and his ignorant panty stain of a helper....because to them that is the only democratic way to spend the money.

Hey Drkman,

i was one of the first people saw your engagement to bring VeriCoin and James together.
I think it was on IRC and you where under another Name there which i wont mention for your interest.
I want to thank you for this on this point , i think everyone who invested in vericoin should, you got that ball roling. Smiley

Thx.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:19:41 PM

Quote from James

This is exciting news!!!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
PositivelyInsane

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:46:32 PM

kind of sad.. a weed coin that has 99M coins is worth more than VRC Sad
ereborltc

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:48:01 AM

Its worth more today but it won't be worth more next week that i can promise Wink Those are just weekly pump and dump shitcoins... how many weed coins are there? cann, maryj, pot, theres even another cannabiscoin and dopecoin ... and i know I'm missing another one lol saddest thing is is that potcoin has been around forever and work hard and have great things going on yet its the cheapest one lol. The crypto market is lame and you can't put value on any coin due to its price... only .01% of coins are priced proper to value, the rest are just results of whales and manipulation(gambling)...Thats why without some kind of change, crypto will wither away as all the btc is funnelled into the selected few (whales, sharks, scammers, thieves, blah blah etc...)

99% of all coins out there right now will be dead, gone and never to be heard of again only to be replaced by fresh new shitcoin scams etc...and the cycle continues until were left with the strongest real coins with ppl behind it that never quit and always had the right intentions, the ones that survived the whales and manipulations, the ones that always kept true to the real purpose of change.

Thats why I chose vericoin to be my main bitch, the one i don't toy with, the one i only buy and stake. I know its the one coin that no matter what happens in this early stage cesspool of a gold rush called crypto, vericoin will never be given up on. If you snap shot this post and read it next year or 2 years from now i can promise you 2 things...1- vericoin will be around and 2- those weed coins we were just talking about most probably will be hard to even remember...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:23:30 AM

Quote from James

Jesus H Christ! James got approval for 100 BTC for open market purchase of VRC and the price just hit a 6 week low... This seems too good to be true? Am I missing something?

Edit: lol on a side note - it only takes 4 BTC to knock VRC down to .00000180 on bittrex =)
ereborltc

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:27:53 AM

Its worth more today but it won't be worth more next week that i can promise Wink Those are just weekly pump and dump shitcoins... how many weed coins are there? cann, maryj, pot, theres even another cannabiscoin and dopecoin ... and i know I'm missing another one lol saddest thing is is that potcoin has been around forever and work hard and have great things going on yet its the cheapest one lol. The crypto market is lame and you can't put value on any coin due to its price... only .01% of coins are priced proper to value, the rest are just results of whales and manipulation(gambling)...Thats why without some kind of change, crypto will wither away as all the btc is funnelled into the selected few (whales, sharks, scammers, thieves, blah blah etc...)

99% of all coins out there right now will be dead, gone and never to be heard of again only to be replaced by fresh new shitcoin scams etc...and the cycle continues until were left with the strongest real coins with ppl behind it that never quit and always had the right intentions, the ones that survived the whales and manipulations, the ones that always kept true to the real purpose of change.

Thats why I chose vericoin to be my main bitch, the one i don't toy with, the one i only buy and stake. I know its the one coin that no matter what happens in this early stage cesspool of a gold rush called crypto, vericoin will never be given up on. If you snap shot this post and read it next year or 2 years from now i can promise you 2 things...1- vericoin will be around and 2- those weed coins we were just talking about most probably will be hard to even remember...
and hempcoin lol wow...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:24:02 AM

The worst part about VRC is the community.

Not entirely, but definitely 95% of it. So damn toxic. The other 5% however who are actively supporting the coin how they can, plus the committed dev team are the only things keeping this coin afloat.

TBH, I expected this coin trading at around 3-5k satoshis by now. I guess I still have to wait a bit longer. Maybe another week or two?

Keep up the 'great' work community! So much to be 'envied' & learned from the VRC community about how a community directly affects a coin's value!  Tongue
ereborltc

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:56:50 AM

Not entirely, but definitely 95% of it. So damn toxic. The other 5% however who are actively supporting the coin how they can, plus the committed dev team are the only things keeping this coin afloat.

TBH, I expected this coin trading at around 3-5k satoshis by now. I guess I still have to wait a bit longer. Maybe another week or two?

Keep up the 'great' work community! So much to be 'envied' & learned from the VRC community about how a community directly affects a coin's value!  Tongue
Theres a great community... this thread is definitely not it, go to https://www.vericoinforums.com Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:11:17 PM

The community has nothing to do with the price. What a few random, anonymous users talk here has no effect on the price whatsoever.

The price is determined by the unique features, technical attributes, usefulness and development team of the coin. Vericoin is nothing more than one of the 500 BTC/LTC clones, with no unique features, the coin is petty much useless (there is no real use case for the coin) and the development team hasn't been delivering a thing for months. Therefore, the market values the coin at 9-10K, which is quite a generous valuation knowing the aforementioned issues. What no-name community members and bagholders say here is completely irrelevant from price viewpoint.
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:31:43 PM

The community has nothing to do with the price. What a few random, anonymous users talk here has no effect on the price whatsoever.

The price is determined by the unique features, technical attributes, usefulness and development team of the coin. Vericoin is nothing more than one of the 500 BTC/LTC clones, with no unique features, the coin is petty much useless (there is no real use case for the coin) and the development team hasn't been delivering a thing for months. Therefore, the market values the coin at 9-10K, which is quite a generous valuation knowing the aforementioned issues. What no-name community members and bagholders say here is completely irrelevant from price viewpoint.

You really think a coins community has nothing to do with its value?

Are you new to crypto currency? Have you not heard of DOGE? DOGE's history alone completely shits all over what you just said.
Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: