Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Foundation Must Remove Satoshi as Founder  (Read 6134 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:33:02 PM

As far i know Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of the bitcoin foundation. Where have you found that Satoshi Nakamoto was not a founder of the bitcoin foundation? What is the source of your information?
The Bitcoin Foundation was founded far after Satoshi disappeared.

I seriously doubt that Satoshi actually exists as a unique person but is rather made up of several people.

I seriously doubt that any of these possible several people are part of TBF. TBF wants to bask in credibility and power by adding the most worshipped bitcoin character to their sleazy organization.

They have no justification for doing so, because Satoshi him/her/themself(ves) never proclaimed wanting to be a member in this bog hole. The fact they add Satoshi without justification shows that they are usurpers resorting to the methods of con artists to get credibility.

TBF should be disbanded immediately. It is a danger for a decentralized and free bitcoin.

Good points!

I hadn't thought of those!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
E-C.Guru

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:35:48 PM

As far i know Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of the bitcoin foundation. Where have you found that Satoshi Nakamoto was not a founder of the bitcoin foundation? What is the source of your information?

I seriously doubt that Satoshi actually exists as a unique person but is rather made up of several people.

I seriously doubt that any of these possible several people are part of TBF. TBF wants to bask in credibility and power by adding the most worshipped bitcoin character to their sleazy organization.

They have no justification for doing so, because Satoshi him/her/themself(ves) never proclaimed wanting to be a member in this bog hole. The fact they add Satoshi without justification shows that they are usurpers resorting to the methods of con artists to get credibility.

TBF should be disbanded immediately. It is a danger for a decentralized and free bitcoin.

Yet, if SM is a Group of People it's likely they will say it's 1 person that's now left the Project, so they themselfs get less pressure. And also, if this SM Group wants to be anonymous as creators yet still be active in the Development it's likely they'd Call themself The Bitcoin Foundation.

How does Blockchain.info and the Developers relate to TBF btw?

/Guru
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

You got it wrong.

Then who runs bitcointalk?

Theymos a non-member of the foundation.

Don't forget the mods!   Sometimes they ....... lash out (when you least expect it.)

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:23:11 AM

Exactly.  The bitcoin foundation is innocent until proven guilty.  If you can't prove that they are acting fraudulently by using the name, then they are presumed innocent.

I believe that the Bitcoin Foundation will be found to have acted fraudulently. The investigation into the MTGox failure will continue throughout all of Marie Karpeles' business dealings. At some point they will find out what I found out. That Marie Karpeles transferred assets to the Bitcoin Foundation just days before filing bankruptcy.
I know for a fact that the domain name BitcoinFoundation.org, owned by Marie Karpeles ( Tibanne Ltd), was transferred to Gavin days before MTGox closed down and filed for bankruptcy protection. Did Marie Karpeles also transfer the missing 650K bitcoins as well? Time will tell time lord.

Xtib

I think the "Fraud" assertion depends upon your point of view. This is a political question. Were MK and friends protecting BTC or trying to steal? I am pretty sure they are not trying to walk away with half a billion in US dollars. This is a raindrop compared to the ocean at stake. Most of us using Bitcoin understand that money really doesn't carry value in itself - Bitcoin, Dollar, Euro, or otherwise. The "Fraud" may be another person or group of people trying to destroy Bitcoin. The "Fraud" might also be the founderfounder(s) of Bitcoin. It all depends upon the POV.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:30:23 AM

Well Hello.  Where have you been?
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:25:21 PM

Found this on the bitcoin foundations threads

Satoshi: "I did not ask for nor give permission to be included in the Foundation's "Founding Members" roll.  Please remove me.

Foundation: "Satoshi, it was done to honour the fact that your singular contribution to our collective well being is the very reason for the Foundation's  existence. It was meant to acknowledge your work.

Satoshi: "No, it was meant by you to imbue your organization with legitimacy by association.  Please remove my name.

Foundation: "But...... we're carrying on your work! We're promoting Bitcoin."

Satoshi: "No, you're not.  The subtext of the Bitcoin protocol is that heirchial organizations like yours were the problem, addressed to some degree by my solution.  Others can now deploy similar approaches for different problems.  You are simply promoting yourselves and your own personal ambitions.  Please remove my name.

Foundation: "We're funding the maintenance and progression of your core protocol. Bitcoin needs us!"

Satoshi: "It does not need you.  Bitcoin is my child, not yours.  You do not understand.  It will live or die as an idea.  I cast my child into a violent and unforgiving world.  That was necessary.  I bet the life of my child against the killing powers of constructs like yours.  I am proud of my child so far.  I give your organization less than 18 months before its own irrelevance and infighting consumes itself.  That is the inflexible hallmark of your reality.  Please remove my name."

Foundation: "What? I don't understand."

Satoshi: "I know.  Please remove my name".

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:08:33 AM

Even still, Satoshi could easily contact the foundation to request that his name be disassociated with TBF.

When Newsweek ran the article on the man in CA Satoshi posted that he is not that man.

I am not one that usually thinks up conspiracy theories, and this is pure speculation, but it would be possible that Satoshi is working with TBF and/or other "leaders" in the bitcoin world and doing so in secret.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:47:35 AM

I must admit, that I also thought Satoshis comment ("I am not Dorian Nakamoto") was legit, because it was his original email address. But the fact, that he didn't sign it makes it look fake. If he really wanted to make sure everybody believing it was the original "Satoshi Nakamoto" who wrote this, he would have signed it. He would not simply forget it, facing the fact, that he found it important enough to break his years of silence, just to say that he is not another person. Like there there was no speculation about who he is before.

I think, the inventor of Bitcoin was murdered about the time he wrote his last words to the community and was then buried in a deep deep hole. Noone has his private keys and therefore his BTC stack will reside in his wallet forever as a proof.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:48:03 PM

if you don't like the rotten centralised foundation join the distributed legitimate one here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:37:44 AM

Btw. if SN was still alive, he would be resigning his seat due to infiltration by criminals, pedophiles and other scum.

To all the believers of the "I am not Dorian Nakamoto" message: SNs Gmx email account has been hacked! Did you forget that? It was very easy for the hacker to post messages anywhere in the name of SN, but it was nearly impossible for the hacker to sign that message. Satoshi would know about the importance for a proof, if he wants the people to believe what he wrote, he would definitely sign that.

I am still pretty sure, he is dead.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:41:42 AM

Btw. if SN was still alive, he would be resigning his seat due to infiltration by criminals, pedophiles and other scum.

To all the believers of the "I am not Dorian Nakamoto" message: SNs Gmx email account has been hacked! Did you forget that? It was very easy for the hacker to post messages anywhere in the name of SN, but it was nearly impossible for the hacker to sign that message. Satoshi would know about the importance for a proof, if he wants the people to believe what he wrote, he would definitely sign that.

I am still pretty sure, he is dead.
Satoshi wanted to disappear forever. Coming back, just to resign from his seat, would be a really unnecessary thing.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: