Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Foundation Must Remove Satoshi as Founder  (Read 6127 times)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:53:33 PM

DannyHamilton I wasn't sure if you were trolling or not, but the above post makes it apparent.

Not trolling.  Just trying to make a point that a significant number of people don't seem to be able to grasp.

I think it's silly to put Satoshi's name as a "founder" of the bitcoin foundation.  Honorary or otherwise.

But it doesn't really matter how many bitcointalk.org members come to this thread and complain about it.  They're going to do what ever they want, and all of us wanting them to do something different won't change that.  If they take (or took?) his name off, it's because they decided that's what they want to do.

To a large extent this is all just a bunch of "tilting at windmills"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aquent (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:48:46 PM

DannyHamilton I wasn't sure if you were trolling or not, but the above post makes it apparent.

Not trolling.  Just trying to make a point that a significant number of people don't seem to be able to grasp.

I think it's silly to put Satoshi's name as a "founder" of the bitcoin foundation.  Honorary or otherwise.

You did a good job trolling this thread mate. Keep it up, see where it takes you.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:15:53 PM

bullshit
he was the only guy i knew in the beginning

i am here.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1461
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:13:03 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto was not a founder of the bitcoin foundation. It  is highly unethical for him to be listed as a founder. It is not an honorary title. Satoshi created a decentralised system. He would hate the foundation's centralisation.

Now that a highly controversial figure has been elected to the board I think it is imperative that the foundation stops claiming legitimacy by stating that Satoshi was in any way a founder or in any way approved of that rotten centalisation.

To be clear: Satoshi is a member of the founders class and afforded the rights, privileges, and responsibilities thereof should he chose to participate.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1461
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:16:59 AM

WOW I didn't even know this... This makes me actually hate the bitcoin foundation on so many levels.

As chair of the election committee, I can assure you your hate should be directed at the voters. This was _their_ decision. But, you don't need to trust me. Every voter received the hash of their encrypted ballot and the list of all the ballot hashes is available to each voter.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto was not a founder of the bitcoin foundation. It  is highly unethical for him to be listed as a founder. It is not an honorary title. Satoshi created a decentralised system. He would hate the foundation's centralisation.

Now that a highly controversial figure has been elected to the board I think it is imperative that the foundation stops claiming legitimacy by stating that Satoshi was in any way a founder or in any way approved of that rotten centalisation.

Oh, fiddlesticks.

Who cares, anyway?

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4367

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:42:48 AM

churches with their clergy of pedophiles links themselves to the founder of faith(jesus)
UK BBC links their board members/staff of pedophiles with government.
TBF links their board members of pedophiles with the founder of cryptography

in short. don't trust organizations that try to be tied to a higher power as they all seem to have pedophiles amongst them

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Aquent (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:09:21 AM

WOW I didn't even know this... This makes me actually hate the bitcoin foundation on so many levels.

As chair of the election committee, I can assure you your hate should be directed at the voters. This was _their_ decision. But, you don't need to trust me. Every voter received the hash of their encrypted ballot and the list of all the ballot hashes is available to each voter.

If the foundation is claiming to speak on our behalf then the vote should be open to all and there obviously should be some rules as to who can stand as a candidate and or when they must resign.
E-C.Guru

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:12:41 AM

How can humans complain about the Bitcoin Foundation and say "Don't support them" while they in fact are sitting on a Bitcoin Foundation forum?(Or did I get that wrong? I just noticed the Foundation linked here) It is like eating at McDonalds, complaining about how bad McDonalds hamburgers are, while eating away thinking you're at burger king. If, I didn't get the first part wrong Wink

/Guru
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:20:23 AM

You got it wrong.
E-C.Guru

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:24:59 AM

You got it wrong.

Then who runs bitcointalk?
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:29:12 AM

You got it wrong.

Then who runs bitcointalk?

Theymos a non-member of the foundation.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1129

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:45:11 AM

You must have Bruno on ignore then.  I think he has outdone himself and probably has added over 100 posts to his 20,000 post count on this subject (Brock Pierce) alone.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=593492.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602198.0

(and many, many other threads he has started on the subject)

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
gary08

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:52:03 AM

When he is well known as the founder, there is no any reason to deny this,and no good for bitcoin.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:05:29 AM

How can you speak for Satoshi?  Do you know him personally?  Has he told you that he doesn't want to be associated with the Foundation?  Can you prove that he didn't give the foundation permission to list him?

It is highly unethical for you to be deciding on behalf of Satoshi if he should be listed unless he has given you permission to do so.  Let him speak for himself if he is against it.
It should be up to the Bitcoin Foundation to prove that he wants to be associated with the Foundation, and not vice versa. Burden of proof.

Where is Satoshi on the list of Bitcoin Foundation?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1129

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 08:10:20 AM

When he is well known as the founder, there is no any reason to deny this,and no good for bitcoin.

"Creator/Inventor of Bitcoin" does not equal "Founding Member of the NAMBLA Bitcoin Foundation"

Not even close.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
monim1

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:51:06 AM

As far i know Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of the bitcoin foundation. Where have you found that Satoshi Nakamoto was not a founder of the bitcoin foundation? What is the source of your information?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:55:58 AM

As far i know Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of the bitcoin foundation. Where have you found that Satoshi Nakamoto was not a founder of the bitcoin foundation? What is the source of your information?
The Bitcoin Foundation was founded far after Satoshi disappeared.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 10:39:23 AM

I seriously doubt that Satoshi actually exists as a unique person but is rather made up of several people.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

I seriously doubt that Satoshi actually exists as a unique person but is rather made up of several people.

I seriously doubt that any of these possible several people are part of TBF. TBF wants to bask in credibility and power by adding the most worshipped bitcoin character to their sleazy organization.

They have no justification for doing so, because Satoshi him/her/themself(ves) never proclaimed wanting to be a member in this bog hole. The fact they add Satoshi without justification shows that they are usurpers resorting to the methods of con artists to get credibility.

TBF should be disbanded immediately. It is a danger for a decentralized and free bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: