Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:34:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevoss Twins to List Bitcoin Fund on Nasdaq  (Read 2693 times)
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:55:32 AM

Just what we need - more CFD-type trading assets so that "investors" can trade paper bitcoins from off in the distance without actually participating in and growing the bitcoin economy. These people are not going to buy anything, not going to circulate any coins, not going to add to the liquidity of the economy, not going to hold theirp rivate keys, and not going to get any of the financial freedom and security benefits from using bitcoin. What is the point? To pump the price up by introducing scarcity?

Wake me up when you can buy actual bitcoins on comex.

What does trading do to make bitcoin economy grow? Of course this is great for the bitcoin economy. When there are more money and people involved, even through ETF, is good. More awareness etc.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:02:48 AM

so, bitcoin crypto string streaming on NASDAQ cables ...

so here is my digital "Salvador Dali" style ...paint art hehehe

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 09:30:17 AM

I am not sure whether this Bitcoin ETF is a good thing...

First of all, I see the Winklevoss brothers selling a load of their bitcoin, off the exchange, without putting pressure on the bitcoin price. The price of the ETF will most likely rise in the near term because Wall Street fund managers, who previously were restricted from buying bitcoin from an exchange, may want mild exposure to bitcoins. Then I see their opportunity to manipulate the exchange price of bitcoin through this ETF, and/or future derivatives of this ETF.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:53:25 AM

So the tradition exchange is acknowledging Bitcoin beyond gaming money. When will be able to trade Bitcoin on NASDAQ ?

knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:57:00 AM

So the tradition exchange is acknowledging Bitcoin beyond gaming money. When will be able to trade Bitcoin on NASDAQ ?

I think everybody plays "monopoly money" at some level ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
blatchcorn

Merit: 281

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:15:51 AM

One step closer to full Wall Street adoption.  It is all slow and steady progress Smiley
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:23:50 AM

Full wall street adoption is when I can buy an actual bitcoin with my brokerage account.
CADguy

Activity: 330

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:25:13 AM

From the article, if the SEC has allowed it to come so far means the Winklvoss ETF will become reality soon.

haha love it
blatchcorn

Merit: 281

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:43:28 AM

Full wall street adoption is when I can buy an actual bitcoin with my brokerage account.
And this is a baby step towards that
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:47:48 PM

What's news here? The winkledouches announcement?
I mean, yes, I expect them to "intend" to do many things.

Or is there something actually happening of the sort of some kind approval from the regulators allowing the ETF?
Oh right, they want to become "Bitcoin Incorporated", and issuing shares on Nasdaq - I can't see a problem with that, except what kind of revenue is this Company supposed to generate and from what?  Cheesy
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:53:24 PM

What's news here? The winkledouches announcement?
I mean, yes, I expect them to "intend" to do many things.

Or is there something actually happening of the sort of some kind approval from the regulators allowing the ETF?
Agree. Every time I read a PR from the Twinkies, it includes something about it appears that progress is being made and something is going to happen in the future. However,  it is actually entirely a speculation and a hope created by themselves. They use their own logic to deduce what the SEC is thinking and present this as if it were a fact.

They're also always writing something something incredibly bullish based on their opinions but presented as some kind of fact.  For example their latest twitter  "now that China is priced in"... what???  Is he Chinese? Is a professional global currency/arbitrage analyst? How could he possibly know if China is 'priced in' especially with the exchanges still running and accepting bank deposits? I think btc business owners tend to be very unprofessional.  If he actually ran a company regulated by the SEC, he'd probably get in trouble.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:00:39 PM

“The price could decrease increase tremendously after the market closes, and you won’t be able to do anything about it,” Mr. Luria said.

Just hodl, you noob!

i just had to fix that  Cheesy

theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:34:46 PM

Oh right, they want to become "Bitcoin Incorporated", and issuing shares on Nasdaq - I can't see a problem with that, except what kind of revenue is this Company supposed to generate and from what?  Cheesy
They're forming an ETF not a company. Most commodity/currency ETFs don't have any income. GLD, USO, etc...

If they wanted income that badly though, all they have to do is lend out some of those BTC, like EU does with euros.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: