Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:05:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinsigner decentralized exchange crowd funding campaign and shedding some light  (Read 9552 times)
jiefangqian

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:16:20 PM

I pledged 1btc

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:36:25 PM

They've filed for a preposterous (because trivial) patent on this. Multisig escrow isn't new, and keeping a timestamped log of evidence isn't either, and there are far better distributed logs than the centralised one proposed by Coinsigner, such as virtual-notary.org and lots of others. I'm in favour of doing something like this, in fact I've proposed it myself, but as a distributed service, possibly a new protocol layered on top of Bitcoin.

I call on everybody to boycot this site. Trivial patents like this are essentially a land grab, or theft of other people's potential productivity. It's disgusting.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
giantcrab

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:05:09 AM

They've filed for a preposterous (because trivial) patent on this. Multisig escrow isn't new, and keeping a timestamped log of evidence isn't either, and there are far better distributed logs than the centralised one proposed by Coinsigner, such as virtual-notary.org and lots of others. I'm in favour of doing something like this, in fact I've proposed it myself, but as a distributed service, possibly a new protocol layered on top of Bitcoin.

I call on everybody to boycot this site. Trivial patents like this are essentially a land grab, or theft of other people's potential productivity. It's disgusting.

Hi, mmeijeri, have you done anything on this area? any relevant info?
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:42:32 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 01:43:26 PM by mmeijeri

Hi, mmeijeri, have you done anything on this area? any relevant info?

Lots of multisig activity right now. Several groups are working on multisig auctions / ebay clones. Bitrated.com facilitates third party escrow. Virtual-notary.org layers its services on top of the blockchain. Several people have suggested layering distributed storage protocols on top of the blockchain in a way that allows you to store large amounts of data for a fee without bloating the blockchain, while still securing the stored data.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
kittucrypt

Activity: 300
Merit: 253

Ok Check!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:23:39 PM

I'd agree that patent for using multisig is indeed preposterous.

jiefangqian

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:15:11 AM

In china,coinfinder will test it's p2p system recently .

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: