Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:07:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banned account  (Read 1197 times)
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:26:12 PM

I was banned for a week and felt it was very unfair especially without any sort of warning. I don't think my posts were spam at all. This is my first post back since my ban if anyone want to check them. Very disheartening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 03:09:55 PM

I doubt it's a permaban just for spamming on a sig deal. Maybe the mod who issued it just forgot to write the duration as has seemingly happened before. I'm sure a mod will update you once they see this thread. PM a mod or something after a day if there's no response.
Well they tend to forget stuff then. They left out the appeal email for me. Although I had found it on some picture around here, I though that theymos would probably not answer it so I didn't even bother.

It wasn't left out, temporary bans have never been appealable because only admins could do it. He added the ability for me to add/remove bans and issue temporary bans a while back since he isn't as available as he used to be, and I didn't want to be an admin.

Contact BadBear. He issued the ban, he should know why, for how long and any other info.
I do have a question on this matter though. When you get banned, why are you prevent from sending PMs even to staff members?
You essentially have to create a new account to ask what and why it had happened, don't you?

Most people know why they got banned, they just play dumb and hope we don't realize it, or they want to stir up drama.
You don't have enough time on your hands to be an admin or you just didn't want the responsibility? That is a good thing, since I know that he can't handle all of that alone, I mean, who could?
Most people, yes, what about the ones that don't? Playing dumb is never the solution, yet they seem to do it often (I read a lot of 'why i was banned' threads, on my one week vacation from the forums).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 03:16:00 PM

I was banned for a week and felt it was very unfair especially without any sort of warning. I don't think my posts were spam at all. This is my first post back since my ban if anyone want to check them. Very disheartening.

Maybe they just banned you because of your name.

But really, if you're not posting something productive on a thread then don't post. Things like "Lol that's funny" or "Wow that's cool" are probably going to be marked as spam. Or if you don't read a thread and post an offer or ask to buy something that's already clearly been sold if you read the thread. Maybe try to make being on the computer a good thing by posting constructive posts instead of sitting their posting half-brained comments. It's not that you're stupid it's just people are so use to doing it that it's become a thing. In some cases it's completely fine but I've started seeing it all around the internet, meaningless and pointless posts made on threads, and some of them don't even have anything to do with the thread. Either you're trying to get a higher forum status or you're just not using your brain.
They don't ban people because of their account names, never have and never will (afaik). I still don't really understand how once can be really productive in a thread in the off topic section (okay for the other ones). There are threads basically intended for spam, like that word game, counting with images, reply to the last post with a question and such. How can one be constructive there?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: