Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:40:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids Are Using Bitcoin to Buy Fake IDs Online  (Read 4071 times)
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:03:41 AM

Morality != legality, it might be legal to fuck your mates wife but it is immoral, same thing the opposite. I just don't see how this is bad unless you let the state dictate your morals.

Not quite a morals issue, either.

If you fuck your mate's wife, and she had no say, then it's rape, which is illegal.
If you fuck your mate's wife and she consented, it's her choice over yours, so it's mostly just unfortunate for you  Grin

I think this ad sums it up nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1erIiT0V6Q

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gary08

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:39:44 PM

This news is intent to defame the bitcoin, Money also can buy fake IDs.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:57:46 PM

This news is intent to defame the bitcoin, Money also can buy fake IDs.

That is the real intention. But too many negative stories like this will backfire upon them.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:11:29 PM

A more concerning thing for me is the Military getting involved in video games to desensitize children to killing.
And throw on that offering college to 18 year old kids after a few years of becoming hired killers. (often times).
They should think of raising the minimum age of going in the military to 21, like alcohol.  Grin

We have bigger worries than fake ID's...

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:14:52 PM

I know I'm stating the obvious here but aren't they buying fake IDs and been doing so before Bitcoin? Bitcoin as any other currency or commodity can be misused but that doesn't change the fact that it has nothing to with it, but with the peoples that using it attention
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:36:32 PM

A more concerning thing for me is the Military getting involved in video games to desensitize children to killing.
And throw on that offering college to 18 year old kids after a few years of becoming hired killers. (often times).
They should think of raising the minimum age of going in the military to 21, like alcohol.  Grin

IAS

You know, a few years back, the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) would find its potential fighter pilots in video game arcades.

They'd keep on the lookout for the top scorers and then offer them positions in the air force.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:58:49 PM

IAS

You know, a few years back, the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) would find its potential fighter pilots in video game arcades.

They'd keep on the lookout for the top scorers and then offer them positions in the air force.

Indeed...like the tri letter agencies find all the best hackers and get them to help instead ;-p

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:26:05 PM

They should think of raising the minimum age of going in the military to 21, like alcohol.
This problem will be solved when there is no longer an infinite amount of fiat money being printed and shipped directly to military industrial complex war profiteers.

Please see Bitcoin vs. Political Power

P.S.
Did you know President Eisenhower warned America about the dangers of the military industrial complex?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:10:33 PM

in other news: Kids Are Using Fake IDs to buy Bitcoins Online.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

in other news: Bitcoiners are Using Fake IDs to buy Kids Online. *joke*

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:46:10 PM

kids have used dollars to buy fake id's for a much longer amount of time.  Kids use computers to do the same thing themselves...  So I suggest we ban everything so kids will stay out of trouble forever.. agreed?
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:11:08 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 04:49:31 PM by jbrnt

What is the article trying to say? Bitcoin is evil and is only used for shaddy deals?

Well, kids have been using cash to buy fake ids, drugs, guns (list goes on) with cash for decades. So cash is evil too? I think "bitcoin" has become the magic word in journalism. Pick any old story, stick in the magic word and people will read it.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:11:55 PM

I bought fake ID from adverts in The Viz and HMV using GBP. Once may fake ID even provided the police with my particulars, since I was in no fit state to give them up myself  Grin

Many thousands of these fake ID's must have been sold and yet the adverts were never stopped, never mind slating GBP over it!

It took bloody ages to get those ID's, since money had to be sent using a cheque. Now the lucky wee buggers can send payment in a matter of minutes!
JamesSchofield

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:28:10 PM

I'm sure children use Cash to buy these things also, Can't blame the currency.  Lips sealed
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 11:29:50 PM

I'm sure children use Cash to buy these things also, Can't blame the currency.  Lips sealed

This will be used as a false flag to gain further control over bitcoin and crypto as a whole.

This sort of thing is what government does.

Ask me.

At a very low point in my life I worked for government.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:16:34 AM

What a piece of crap article. Anyone can run an article based on something that can be bought using bitcoins.

I find it ironic that a non-forgable currency/asset can be used to buy a forgeable ID. I mean come on, the problem here is that ID cards aren't robust enough. By discussing the medium in which is used to purchase said fake IDs only shows that officials accept them as a part of our society.

RUEHL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:23:20 AM

I'm sure children use Cash to buy these things also, Can't blame the currency.  Lips sealed

This will be used as a false flag to gain further control over bitcoin and crypto as a whole.

This sort of thing is what government does.

Ask me.

At a very low point in my life I worked for government.
yea, i'm suspecting the big bank illuminati are secretly funding some terrorist cells with bitcoins, via some kind of bitcoin mixer.

once the cell does their evil deeds, a computer or smartphone is conveniently found at an assailant's apartment with the bitcoin addresses used for funding.  local bitcoins was used for conversion to FIAT.

Smoking bullet to ban bitcoin.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
PeterReid

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

Children will be Children.
It could be worse.
griffin

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:33:00 AM

yeah im agree we cant blame the currency
we should blame the kids and the seller maybe  Undecided
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:00:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: