Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crutch: a *very* simple shell script + PHP web front end for miner monitoring  (Read 1535 times)
rouben (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 02:54:33 AM

Hi all,

I did put together a very quick and dirty bash script with the following features:

• Stupidly simple to set up - web interface is optional.
  • Can be run repeatedly (cron) to monitor miners.
  • Restarts stunned/crashed miners, including when the miner hardware hangs.
  • Also comes with a PHP script that can display the logs, system update, etc - extremely simple/dumb, no database required.
  • It was written with /bin/sh (tested with ash), so it should run on embedded systems with stock OSs, like routers (e.g. ASUS RT-N66U) or BeagleBone/Raspberry Pi.
  • Doesn't need a database, just text files. These can be stored in RAM (e.g. /run/shm or /dev/shm) to avoid wear on the SSD storage of an embedded device.

Why did I do it? Well, I checked out some of the paid and free dashboards on these forums and found them to be total overkill. I like simple things. Another annoying thing was that a lot of these dashboards come with Raspberry Pi images. I happen to have a BeagleBoard. I could make the RPi stuff work on my BB, but that's too much work. Tongue

WARNING: my scripts are very basic... for example, crash detection is based on the presence of a process (e.g. cgminer or bfgminer), whereas  stun detection is based on patterns in miner output (e.g. repeated "Dispatching new work to" messages from minerd/cpuminer is a sign of a stunned miner).

You can grab it here, comments/pull requests/contributions welcome. If anyone wants to make the PHP web page look pretty with some HTML/CSS magic, I won't complain, just send me a pull request on Github.
https://github.com/rouben/crutch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: