Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS R9 280x Excellent condition $130 SHIPPED PAYPAL US ONLY  (Read 1116 times)
failedfarmer (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:56:34 PM

Hey guys, I am liquidating a huge farm before I lose any more money on it.  I have about 80 gpu's but these are the first i'll be selling I need to start selling everything really quick because I need the money bad, I paid for most of my farm on my cc's and now that ASICS are everywhere I don't see these ever be appreciating only depreciating, and they have quickly.

I have 5 of these ASUS R9 280x's for sale, the price is not a misprint I will really sell them for $130 each via paypal or bitcoin, but I will only ship within the U.S..  Unless you pay by bitcoin and provide quite a bit of extra shipping costs for my time, I will absolutely not spend the time to ship international, remember, I have 75 more cards to sell :/ .

Pics (sorry not the best!)

https://i.imgur.com/hGTCKbi.jpg

Payment by paypal and bitcoin only, cards will ship USPS First Class mail.  Message me on the forum here or email me at jritter892@gmail.com.  

These will go fast act while you still have time, I have many other brands but these are the best IMO so i'm selling them first because I figure they will sell the fastest.  
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gwapo

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:03:27 PM

willing to trade 1 for this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510022.new#new
failedfarmer (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:30:52 PM

No sorry, no trades I need money to pay the bills brother.  Thanks
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:11:56 AM

Are you willing to use escrow? I just got a new card recently, but I may still be interested at this low of a price.

Also, what condition are the cards in? How long have they been mined on, what temps, any hardware mods (such as modifying/upgrading the coolers), software mods (BIOS), etc.?

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
scyth3

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:59:23 AM

This is most likely a scam. Buyer beware.
failedfarmer (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:06:07 AM

Why would you say that?  Because I refused to sell you 80 graphics cards?  I have a very legitimate concern about anyone who would make such an offer to buy 80 graphics cards especially with paypal constantly reversing bitcoin related transactions.  I offered to post pics for you with a time stamp and my user name, however I will not sell any single individual every graphics card in my farm.  That is just begging to get scammed myself.  

That said, I will not sell to you at all.  Good luck, I don't know why you came by to post your assumptions on my thread, just butthurt your scam didn't work on me I suppose.
scyth3

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:31:28 AM

Why would you say that?  Because I refused to sell you 80 graphics cards?  I have a very legitimate concern about anyone who would make such an offer to buy 80 graphics cards especially with paypal constantly reversing bitcoin related transactions.  I offered to post pics for you with a time stamp and my user name, however I will not sell any single individual every graphics card in my farm.  That is just begging to get scammed myself.  

That said, I will not sell to you at all.  Good luck, I don't know why you came by to post your assumptions on my thread, just butthurt your scam didn't work on me I suppose.

Post that picture then. I would gladly delete my post and apologize.
Dare

Activity: 508

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:04:07 AM

Post that picture then. I would gladly delete my post and apologize.

It does look suspicious when a new member with very few posts tries to sell a lot of stuff at "too good to be true" prices; hence why I asked about escrow, and why he has doubts. Posting a picture with your username and a timestamp helps your credibility somewhat, as does gaining reputation in the forum in general; using escrow greatly increases your chances of making a sale by removing most of the risk for both the buyer and the seller (which is exactly why I asked about it).

Also, I forgot to ask with my earlier questions; are you trying to sell these in bulk or individually? I'd still like an answer to those questions as well, it's hard to determine the value of a card without knowing the state it's in. I don't plan to do much mining, and cards with a few minor issues for mining may be unusable for gaming (a single bad processor when mining is insignificant, but can translate to a problematic broken texture and instability in a game, for example), so they're rather important.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:31:20 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 08:32:45 AM by ssateneth

Hi. I am interested in purchasing 1 2 ASUS R9 280x video cards. I will pay you $130 $260 with my ~10 year old verified paypal account -AFTER- I receive it and verify they are in good, working order. I believe this is a fair offer, seeing as you are new here, and I have a well-established amount of trust. Check my ratings, and my previous trades threads. I've been here for a long time and am true to my word.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=33107
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=ssateneth
http://www.ebay.com/usr/ssateneth
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Ssateneth/

Some threads where I sold/bought stuff.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219185.0;all
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370907.0;all
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142241.0

I also want to add that if you do trade with me and it goes well, I'd be willing to give you a positive trust rating, which will allow others to trust you more and get a better foothold here instead of being called bad names left and right because of your low prices.

Quoting original post, just for the purpose of preserving it.

Hey guys, I am liquidating a huge farm before I lose any more money on it.  I have about 80 gpu's but these are the first i'll be selling I need to start selling everything really quick because I need the money bad, I paid for most of my farm on my cc's and now that ASICS are everywhere I don't see these ever be appreciating only depreciating, and they have quickly.

I have 5 of these ASUS R9 280x's for sale, the price is not a misprint I will really sell them for $130 each via paypal or bitcoin, but I will only ship within the U.S..  Unless you pay by bitcoin and provide quite a bit of extra shipping costs for my time, I will absolutely not spend the time to ship international, remember, I have 75 more cards to sell :/ .

Pics (sorry not the best!)

Payment by paypal and bitcoin only, cards will ship USPS First Class mail.  Message me on the forum here or email me at jritter892@gmail.com.  

These will go fast act while you still have time, I have many other brands but these are the best IMO so i'm selling them first because I figure they will sell the fastest.  

failedfarmer (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:55:11 AM

Guys, I can just take these to ebay if everyone is going to ask me to do ridiculous things like ship them the item before payment.  My accepted payment is clearly stated:  paypal or bitcoin.  If you have a problem with that and don't think the paypal system will take proper care of you if I end up being fraudulent then keep moving to the next listing which is offering a similar card at over $200.  I will have no problem selling these cards to a buyer who is willing to send the payment via paypal without any of these special requests so if you expect me to bend to your personal needs then don't even bother making an offer.  

I am new here and I respect that you guys are used to the buyer doing anything you request since you have a "reputation" however that is not how i'm used to doing things.  Paypal has a buyer protection policy in place to prevent you from being defrauded and it protects me as well, unless I do something stupid like ship it to you before receiving payment, so like I said, if you don't like the terms, move on to the next listing.  Thanks
ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:27:50 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 11:45:26 AM by ssateneth

Guys, I can just take these to ebay if everyone is going to ask me to do ridiculous things like ship them the item before payment.  My accepted payment is clearly stated:  paypal or bitcoin.  If you have a problem with that and don't think the paypal system will take proper care of you if I end up being fraudulent then keep moving to the next listing which is offering a similar card at over $200.  I will have no problem selling these cards to a buyer who is willing to send the payment via paypal without any of these special requests so if you expect me to bend to your personal needs then don't even bother making an offer.  

I am new here and I respect that you guys are used to the buyer doing anything you request since you have a "reputation" however that is not how i'm used to doing things.  Paypal has a buyer protection policy in place to prevent you from being defrauded and it protects me as well, unless I do something stupid like ship it to you before receiving payment, so like I said, if you don't like the terms, move on to the next listing.  Thanks

Why would I throw out my YEARS of legitimate positive feedback for $260 worth of equipment? I'm offering you a fair deal. It's a great way for you to get your foot in the door here by trading with a well-trusted member under their terms here. Assuming it all goes great, you'll get a positive trust rating, probably a vouch saying "Okay guys, this guy is legit, you can feel better trading with him. He's just trying to offload some equipment quickly" and a much more positive experience being here.

I'm just trying to help you out. You get the perk of trading with someone who has years of positive feedback under his belt and getting this whole mess cleared up, and I get the graphics cards I want for gaming. What's so hard about that?

Edit: By the way, I noticed that you said you would mail these first class, but that is not possible since the video cards individually weigh more than 13 ounces. You will have to ship them USPS parcel or priority (the price difference is minor between the two but priority [2-3 days] is faster than parcel [2-9 days]), or similar UPS/Fedex services.

The -only- scenario where I would pay first is if you did list them on ebay, in which I would pay $145 each. That would cover the additional 10% fee that ebay incurs, and you get a little bit extra in your pocket after the fact.

r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:16:55 PM

Still awaiting escrow terms.
Sophokles

Activity: 1204
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:27:02 PM

I would order some as well if listed on Ebay for 145$.
So, OP, your turn. Your chance to disprove all scam accusations   Roll Eyes

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
unimatrixzer0

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:36:54 PM

If you could please do a pic with your username and time stamp in front of your original pic in your opening post and then maybe another one in front of your stash of 80 gpu's. I dunno about anyone else but it would put my mind at ease at least. I'd be interested in maybe 1-2.

There's a different between a "special" request and a "reasonable" request. I hope you see this one as reasonable. Thanks.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:39:38 PM

Guys, I can just take these to ebay if everyone is going to ask me to do ridiculous things like ship them the item before payment.  My accepted payment is clearly stated:  paypal or bitcoin.  If you have a problem with that and don't think the paypal system will take proper care of you if I end up being fraudulent then keep moving to the next listing which is offering a similar card at over $200.  I will have no problem selling these cards to a buyer who is willing to send the payment via paypal without any of these special requests so if you expect me to bend to your personal needs then don't even bother making an offer.  

I personally have NO issues purchasing with Paypal for PHYSICAL goods. PayPal will back the buyer 100%! If I were in the market for another card right now, I would gladly purchase from you using PayPal. I am more weary about BTC payments for physical goods purchases.

PayPal has been around much longer than Bitcoin mining ever has been and people are questioning those who choose to use PayPal. I personally feel tat is someone is selling physical goods and is NOT willing to accept PayPal is most likely scamming, especially if the buyer offers to cover any/all fees etc.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:44:52 AM

Yes, I understand that I am protected should he fail to deliver, but it's the principle of the thing. In my mind, if the seller is not legit, it'll play out like this.

I send him money, he sends nothing or sends an empty box. During this period where I wait for the package or tracking number, he withdraws the money and gets cash in hand. I start the chargeback process, I win, paypal sends me back my money, minus shipping costs for sending back the empty box. He's $260 richer, throws away/ignores his paypal account, which may or may not even belong to him, and disappears.

If it was in no way possible for the seller to withdraw the money until I confirmed I had the graphics card and it was in good working condition, then by all means, I would pay up, but this is not the case.

avanboekel11

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:02:11 AM

This sounds way too good to be true. People, please use an escrow to avoid scams. I'm not saying that I don't trust OP, but exercise common sense before buying.
sang

Activity: 282

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:45:56 PM

I'm in for 4, paid with bitcoin, if you can accept escrow. PM me.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:48:26 PM

What he said.

Please use escrow!!

This sounds way too good to be true. People, please use an escrow to avoid scams. I'm not saying that I don't trust OP, but exercise common sense before buying.

Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:32:20 PM

130$ that's insane

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: