Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s1 problem  (Read 677 times)
maxvolts (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:09:13 PM

Hi all,

I received my 2nd Antminer S1 from Bitmain today, plugged it in and the fan went straight to what seemed 100%- way way much louder than my first. I turned it off to investigate and noticed the cable from the control board to one of the blades was loose (the blade with the fan plug on it)
Anyway, i plugged this in correctly and turned it on. no fan- but the other blade started hashing. I unplugged the blade that had the initial loose connection, and the fan started again.
So basically, it will hash on the blade without the fan connection with the fan running like mad, but as soon as i plug second blade in the fan stops.

Any ideas folks?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boris-The-Blade

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

Hi all,

I received my 2nd Antminer S1 from Bitmain today, plugged it in and the fan went straight to what seemed 100%- way way much louder than my first. I turned it off to investigate and noticed the cable from the control board to one of the blades was loose (the blade with the fan plug on it)
Anyway, i plugged this in correctly and turned it on. no fan- but the other blade started hashing. I unplugged the blade that had the initial loose connection, and the fan started again.
So basically, it will hash on the blade without the fan connection with the fan running like mad, but as soon as i plug second blade in the fan stops.

Any ideas folks?

Replace the fan  Shocked
maxvolts (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:28:58 PM

You think a faulty fan would stop one of the blades from hashing!!??

SecureErase

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:03:59 PM

Hi all,

Any ideas folks?

Remove fan and attach it to other end of AntMiner.

maxvolts (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:44:27 PM

I will try that when I get home from work, using the other fan plug though- won't that make the fan run on full all the time though? I didn't think the far end fan plug was speed controllable?

helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:41:41 AM

Check the temps, does one blade show 127C?.  I received an S1 that did that and it turned out to be a bad temp sensor.  The sensor is located right in the middle of the blade. 

It is an 8-pin device that has "LM75" on top.  After I replaced the sensor, the fan(s) behaved normally.

Hope this helps! Smiley
maxvolts (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:06:33 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for all your help, all sorted now, I removed all the ribbon cables and refitted them, and all is good now!
Both Hashing away at 375 now quite happily!
Just need to put a pull fan on the back of my new S1 now, I can see around -3 degrees on my first unit with a cougar fan.
Cheers guys!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: