Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:34:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardbit hardware wallet?  (Read 4931 times)
awrelll

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

that's the hardbit wallet.
i found a back-door by going to Set time > actual android interface > drag the drawer> you should see settings and all about this device.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xu2gang1

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:31:02 AM

We have launched the version 2 of HB01.

As promised, this version has no antenna-physcically no wireless connections, no drivers for wireless commnucations,enables manual input of private key, enables importing of backup wallet files. And we will provide an open source safety-checking app to ensure we have no back door.

please see:http://hardbit.cn/index.php/techonology/8-hardbit/6-hardbit-bitcoin-hardware-wallet-theoratically-absolute-safety-and-0-trust
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:18:11 AM

http://www.dcmagnates.com/physical-bitcoin-wallet-hardbit-launched-in-china-rest-of-the-world-to-follow/

Just heard about this and supposedly launches internationally tomorrow?  Alternative to trezor and bitsafe?

http://www.hardbit.cn
this sounds good news for us all .. china country that normally reject online payments it receives for bitcoin. they certainly have a strong reason for it. I can not wait to see Hardbit hardware this wallet, because it's the first time. of course there are some drawbacks and improvements needed. however, we can say bitcoin will continue to grow until he would be a future payment
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:05:07 PM

I would not trust any device that was not open source. How do we know this cannot be hacked? How do we know that this isn't sending our private keys to the firm?

Is it not an offline device? I thought that was kind of the point of a hardware wallet

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:24:23 PM

We have launched the version 2 of HB01.

As promised, this version has no antenna-physcically no wireless connections, no drivers for wireless commnucations,enables manual input of private key, enables importing of backup wallet files. And we will provide an open source safety-checking app to ensure we have no back door.

please see:http://hardbit.cn/index.php/techonology/8-hardbit/6-hardbit-bitcoin-hardware-wallet-theoratically-absolute-safety-and-0-trust

this atleast sounds interesting.

I would not trust any device that was not open source. How do we know this cannot be hacked? How do we know that this isn't sending our private keys to the firm?

Is it not an offline device? I thought that was kind of the point of a hardware wallet

a true hardware wallet will only display a signed tx as its output. meaning no other communications go out. and due to it being a visual output (QR code) you can verify by having your computer read the QR code.. and then your computer transmits the signed TX.

just one warning. do not use any privkeys supplied or generated by hardbit. as they may have the solution to the generation code.
instead import your own fresh paper wallet from an offline source (if our that paranoid)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kryptz

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:44:48 PM

I have 40 btc in my hardbit wallet.  I check the blockchain and it shows funds but on my hardbit it shows 0.07, i've tried every type of sync and rescanning last transactions.  I cannot retrieve my money.  IS THIS A SCAM.  Please get back to me, i have my wallet.dat file
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:11:32 PM

I have 40 btc in my hardbit wallet.  I check the blockchain and it shows funds but on my hardbit it shows 0.07, i've tried every type of sync and rescanning last transactions.  I cannot retrieve my money.  IS THIS A SCAM.  Please get back to me, i have my wallet.dat file

you should be able to back up your wallet. then use the privkey elsewhere

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kryptz

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:18:24 PM

Hi problem sorted, the hard bit team helped me resolve my issue.  for 40btc which i thought I lost, I was very happy, the team were happy to help me and for what its worth they were very patient and professional and I learned it is impossible to lose the bit coins due to how the system works!!!

THANKYOU SO MUCH
gonnafly

Activity: 53
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:04:52 PM

I will be returning this device because I need a device that fulfills the following requirements:

1) I have control of the private keys not a third party
2) If something were to happen to my private keys outside of the hardbit device then I can export the keys within the device to my computer in a format that can be loaded into any other bitcoin wallet.
3) USB is used to transmit data to the device to allow for the device to receive private keys generated outside of the device. If those keys are lost usb is used to send private keys within the device to an application running on my computer such as blockchain.info. USB is used to receive payment requests and it is used to send sign transactions to a wallet software such as blockchain.info.

If the above is your expectation also then DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.
wordman267645

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:13:42 PM

Hardware wallet can provide offline-signing which is the only way to avoid exposing private key to internet. So i think it is more secure than any of other wallets..But off course there's still remain chances for hack if you do not use proper security.
frankh13

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

http://www.dcmagnates.com/physical-bitcoin-wallet-hardbit-launched-in-china-rest-of-the-world-to-follow/

Just heard about this and supposedly launches internationally tomorrow?  Alternative to trezor and bitsafe?

http://www.hardbit.cn

Good idea, but i think, cards would be better for physical wallet using.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: