Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: These mining companies cost this guy $46,000 (coindesk article)  (Read 1019 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:16:57 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/46k-spent-mining-hardware-happened-next/

I feel bad for the guy that spent $46,000 on these miners.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grahvity

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

That image of KNC's poorly packaged boards being damaged is bad news.

COINIGYProfessional Tools For Cryptocurrency Traders ◾️ The Rational Investor’s School For Trader Development
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:37:16 AM

Read the article
Particularly shocked that some of the newer guys like cointerra would be ripping off early customers by withholding discounts offered to newer clients

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:32:29 AM

That image of KNC's poorly packaged boards being damaged is bad news.

That's just bad business. Where are quality control and shipping analyses to prevent this to happen. They know everyday we wait for our products cuts in to our profit so why skip the bubble wrap or better shipping practices? It's going to be under warranty so it's pretty much wasting their time and ours. Quite disgusting.

103deltafox

Activity: 491

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:59:45 PM

They don't care...They know that miners NEED the latest and greatest. They also already have your preorder money. They know you lose $$$ everyday you have to wait to get it back from them under an RMA. They know that they can simply offer you 2% off your next order (which is likely to occur about a week after you finally get your miner back from them, as that is when they'll be pre-releasing their doubled/tripled hash rate models)...

Its a vicious cycle...and we (the small time miners) are in the wash...  Tongue

Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:05:35 AM

Hmm maybe he should have stopped ordering them after the first few failed to materialise?  Cheesy
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:33:20 PM

I would just put that money towards buying btc.
epctechno

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:58:10 AM

Yikes! I live and breed building boxes not just for mining (since I'm only three weeks in) however 46k for no results even five months later?

Never know who you can/cannot trust when you deal with companies online when they have no actual storefront to walk into and slap the salesman upside the head if he doesn't carry through on such a huge investment as such.

I feel really bad for this guy to a degree though since people are taken advantage of at all costs all over this internet anymore.

I would do this project for him / anyone for free personally if they flew me in, fed me coffee and chips, I would order all of the required parts necessary, and made sure it was built right there in front of them for that sort of cost, then to make sure they were deployed immediately thereafter. 
madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:37:15 PM

They said they will send out board and chip to customers who have received the shipment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: