Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:40:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation members are resigning!  (Read 8316 times)
cryptos

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:47:00 PM

Don't just walk away from the Bitcoin Foundation post you resignation at the link below.
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/951-post-your-bitcoin-foundation-resignations-here/
Xtib

Thanks for the heads up, this is big news.  Dropping like flies abandoning the titanic.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:07:09 AM

I wish I could change my avatar image.  Embarrassed

From profile settings.
Changing avatars is currently not possible.

I'm sure that the geek that didn't have a website and got a $350K USD down payment from theymos of the projected $1M USD to upgrade this forum a couple months ago will be fixing that issue soon. This post would be so fuckin' funny if it weren't true.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:17:36 AM

Don't just walk away from the Bitcoin Foundation post you resignation at the link below.
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/951-post-your-bitcoin-foundation-resignations-here/
Xtib

Thanks for the heads up, this is big news.  Dropping like flies abandoning the titanic.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/SOS-503/

Due to reasons beyond on control, this page has received too many submissions, thus all resignations will be denied until further notice. Meanwhile, enjoy the band and the puree turnips while they're still hot.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:40:36 AM

Never been a fan of TBF, and I don't think they have done anything enough meaningful for bitcoin

But if the foundation members could jointly provide some fiat reserve as backing for bitcoin, to ensure its price stability, I might consider join Cool

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:11:16 AM

Never been a fan of TBF, and I don't think they have done anything enough meaningful for bitcoin

But if the foundation members could jointly provide some fiat reserve as backing for bitcoin, to ensure its price stability, I might consider join Cool

The dumbest thing i have heard this year.... i hope nothing can top this. This forum never cease to amaze me tho.

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:12:29 PM

From profile settings.

it's easy. Log out. Register new account. Done  Wink
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:45:22 PM

i wonder how they still have lots of companies as members, there must be a big scam going on that is more worth than the companies image
adub

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:46:46 PM

From profile settings.

it's easy. Log out. Register new account. Done  Wink

And start all over as a noob?  Roll Eyes

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:53:33 PM

I wish I could change my avatar image.  Embarrassed

From profile settings.

it's easy. Log out. Register new account. Done  Wink

And start all over as a noob?  Roll Eyes

Not just any n00b, but one that founded the bestest ASIC-based bitcoin miners on the market today. Sell and deliver a few, then announce your next line taking pre-orders. But, remember: Offer refunds; guarantees; MPP; Visit the office anytime; Keep updating the renditions on the site; Support; Free shipping; Coupons; Vouchers; Cheap hosting; Accountability; Transparency; Free beer on Thursday.

The hardest part will be giving your sockpuppets clever names so that they can espouse your venture. One more thing: Pick a country to pretend to be operating from that's known for corruption, albeit most have already been use, thus just make one up, i.e. Ufuctonia.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:37:30 PM

From profile settings.

Never thought I would read something like this so soon when I (among a few others) criticized TBF from day one. At that time such criticism was not well received at all.

Thumbs up for admitting a mistake.

TBF has already done a lot of damage. Disband it asap.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

The only reason I joined was to go to the conference in San Jose.  That was a watermark event here in the US.  A great conference and an important milestone.  The foundation (Patrick Murck specifically) make great progress with the US government in Washington.

With the election of Pierce they are just a travesty and it negates much of the good they have done in the past.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 10:16:38 PM

Since The Bitcon Foundation is big too fail, I propose saving it with Save TBF at savetbf.org.

Here's the plan. Start a company and register it in Cyprus, calling it SunAdo, named after Lot's wife. With me so far? Good! Then we raise VC capital of $10xM USD and buy it out. Then, we get theymos' website builder guy who improved this forum with the $350K USD he received to-date of the $1M USD projected to finish the job to revamp TBF. Then, we put some low-lives on the board and fucked it all up again.

The other option is to let Bitcoin Association fill the role of TBF... WHAT THE FUCK AM I PENNING?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:50:27 PM

The dumbest thing i have heard this year.... i hope nothing can top this. This forum never cease to amaze me tho.

To be a currency, you need some degree of price stability, otherwise it is just a speculative commodity with wild price swings. If all the bitcoin-accepting merchant immediately convert coins to fiat money to avoid exchange risk, bitcoin will not become a true net currency that is fiat money independent

With a large bitcoin and fiat money reserve, the volatility can be greatly reduced, to make it function more like a normal currency

Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:33:04 PM

Please remove my name from the Bitcoin Foundation, I, Polycoin, am resigning.

Roll Eyes

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:49:01 PM

He points to Charlie Shrem (former BitInstant CEO and accused money launderer), Mark Karpeles (former Mt. Gox CEO), and Brock Pierce (newly-elected board member who has dealt with legal issues of his own) as reasons why the Foundation is headed the wrong way.

it's beginning to look like 'the heads of the 5 families' from the Godfather.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 11:52:09 PM

Please remove my name from the Bitcoin Foundation, I, Polycoin, am resigning.

Roll Eyes

Dude, you need to go here https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/951-post-your-bitcoin-foundation-resignations-here/ then come back and let us know your queue position, unless you want to sell it, then I suggest going to the Marketplace section.

Hey, I just thought of something. As people resign, I move up the ladder. Having never been in any bitcoin mining hardware queues, I find this... Not sure what I find, but I move up nonetheless.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:54:39 PM

This just in:
Brock Pierce, Associate Of Embattled X-Men Director, Joins The Bitcoin Foundation
http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolasmedinamora/brock-pierce-associate-of-embattled-x-men-director-joins-the
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:59:09 PM

To be a currency, you need some degree of price stability, otherwise it is just a speculative commodity with wild price swings. If all the bitcoin-accepting merchant immediately convert coins to fiat money to avoid exchange risk, bitcoin will not become a true net currency that is fiat money independent

With a large bitcoin and fiat money reserve, the volatility can be greatly reduced, to make it function more like a normal currency

I am a fan of most your ideas johnyj, but I don't think your proposed fiat bidwall idea would work.  Let's imagine that for several months it actually accomplishes what you want and we see a reduction in bitcoin price volatility.  If this happens, then bitcoin becomes more useful as a currency like you said.  But if it becomes more useful, then demand to hold bitcoin will increase, thereby pushing up the price.  Eventually, the price will explode upwards again, rise too high too fast, and eventually crash--increasing volatility all over again.  

So I think the only way to reduce volatility is to increase adoption (and thus bitcoin's market cap) organically .

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:00:11 AM

He points to Charlie Shrem (former BitInstant CEO and accused money launderer), Mark Karpeles (former Mt. Gox CEO), and Brock Pierce (newly-elected board member who has dealt with legal issues of his own) as reasons why the Foundation is headed the wrong way.

it's beginning to look like 'the heads of the 5 families' from the Godfather.

http://two-bit-idiot.tumblr.com/

"Just wanted to thank you for writing this. It was a courageous move, but I think very important.  I don’t know what to make of this whole story, and I feel terrible for Brock if he’s just a victim in all this as well.  But, we just can’t afford more scandal for the industry or the foundation in particular right now."

Courageous move my fuckin' ass! Prior to me posting on Brock Pierce ~3 weeks ago, there were only 3-4 mundane posts pertaining to him on this forum. Now, his cohorts are exposing their user accounts on this forum, some stemming back over three years.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:15:56 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 12:40:27 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

This just in:
Brock Pierce, Associate Of Embattled X-Men Director, Joins The Bitcoin Foundation
http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolasmedinamora/brock-pierce-associate-of-embattled-x-men-director-joins-the

I have first dibs on posting the first Brock Pierce meme: https://bitcorati.com/2014/05/11/leave-brock-pierce-alone-rumors-bitcoin-foundation-board-member/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: