Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:14:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
BTCTT

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:10:11 PM

we must have more folders
or Hardware.no will overtake us in the future !!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=

I did see in the team's chart that PPD is increasing over time
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

I'm sure that if we could get speculators to launch the rocket to 1usd per coin people would be folding like crazy

Until then It will be hard to have more folders

lets hope CC 2.0 will move people away from POW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:40:38 PM

we must have more folders
or Hardware.no will overtake us in the future !!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=

I did see in the team's chart that PPD is increasing over time
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

I'm sure that if we could get speculators to launch the rocket to 1usd per coin people would be folding like crazy

Until then It will be hard to have more folders

lets hope CC 2.0 will move people away from POW

if it will reach too quick to something big like 1$
won't it will cause Stanford getting flooded too much by new folders ? rise should be slow, and folding more and more profitable every day
can their infrastructure support a sudden big jump in folding power ?

the good thing with this kind of POW, is that we actually want difficulty to go up (or your daily share to go down) Smiley

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
BTCTT

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:43:03 PM

Would be nice to have an update for CC 2.0
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 01:20:15 AM

Programming projects always seem to take orders of magnitude longer than it seems they should... but here's my optimistic timeline:
2.0.0a5 (PoS testnet update) will hopefully be in private team testing today, and public testnet release tomorrow, on Github and with compiled binaries here.
2.0.0a7 (Code cleanup) will hopefully see public release December 17th. No new (major) features, but the code will be far easier to read and work with. Bug fixes, etc.
2.0.0a9 (Variable difficulty, network timing, more advanced peer seeking mechanisms) will hopefully be public by Jan 3rd.

Hey everyone, 2.0's still chugging along, a tad behind schedule. I'm rolling the plans for the next two public betas (2.0.0a7 and 2.0.0a9) together, because when significantly overhauling the code, I realized it didn't make sense to re-write and optimize things that are going to be removed (such as the static difficulty calculations, some PoW/PoS code chunks, the dead weight of a lot of the block parsing code introduced from bolting PoS onto 2.0.0a3, etc.) so 2.0.0a7 is going to be cleanup + variable difficulty/block timing/peer seeking.

Life is extremely busy, but I'm hoping to have something in public hands in the next few weeks.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
BTCTT

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:13:09 PM

I lost so many BTC on this coin lets hope we have better days ahead
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:09:43 PM

this is unacceptable (to me) that some sh*tcoins are more profitable to mine, and lately going to the 'moon'
and that the the guy posting above lost BTC for investing in such a project...

i hope in the future investors will go more for useful POW

huffnpuff

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:38:56 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 07:40:49 AM by huffnpuff

Looking at the results i got from running the calculator is a scary thing with the current price it may take many years to roi on my 2 gtx if ever.

Yes, a little scary but also paints a disheartening picture of the crypto currency and gamer community(ies). The critical mass which has yet to be reached deals with obsolete GPU equipment formerly used by scrypt miners re-directed at folding. Instead (IMHO) many scrypt miners simply sold their GPUs to Gamers who, unlike old PS3 owners who created a true paradigm shift for folding@home, actually have a lower than expected interest in participating in research. For that matter, a lower than expected interest in building a futuristic "Epistemic Standard Economy" around research instead of precious metals or credit default swaps.

The calculator was put out there to underscore the value of our collective participation. Many in the crypto-community either don't realize the actual costs of folding proteins (the long-time folders know this quite well), and that it follows Moore's Law too. Some of the research results from 7 years ago are just beginning to affect drug advancements today. What's really required is an exa-scale computational effort (10x the current level of participation in folding@home today). This is one of the paradigms that CureCoin want's to change as more people learn about the system.  

There is (what I believe) a mis-conception that CureCoin is a clone (like many others), which is mined independently of the actual molecular calculations (thereby burning 2x the energy). Outside the 19% SHA-256 layer set aside in 1.0 to secure the network and allow traditional miners to transition into folding proteins, this assumption is simply incorrect. Misconceptions (IMHO) are still due to posts by naysayers dating back to early days in 2014 or even pre-ANN that are still floating out on the internet.

There are, hrrrhmm, "entities" who criticize CureCoin participants for profiteering from medical research philanthropy, yet have no qualms about promoting parallel BTC mining to support other DCN projects ... a hypocritical viewpoint if there ever was one.

Finally, another community who seem to be totally missing the boat is the Sci-Fi fan community. Despite repeated efforts to garner interest in CureCoin (or Folding@home in general) on Sci-Fi fan social media sites, they are more likely to contribute $500000 USD to crowdfund Star Trek Axanar than to load an NaCl job in a Chrome browser. A celebrity endorsement would probably go a long way here, but they are too concerned about being hacked through the FAH software. It may seem funny, but that's not speculation, that's first hand information from people I know in Hollywood.

One simple thing I can suggest is more mentions of #curecoin on social media. Post your points output, tell people about Folding@Home and the over 120 published scientific papers. There are only a handful of CureCoin team members who post periodically about their CureCoin and Folding@Home experiences. Statistics show that media attention to DCN research projects dramatically increases participation. Without the "pop" of huge breakthroughs from the research, media attention has been waning in our instant gratification culture. I've had friends ask "So who am I going to be 'curing' if I do this?'" The truth is, not only does the research cover molecular biology across over 500 active projects, but additionally helps advance big data, machine learning and deep learning research.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:29:01 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2016, 03:40:43 AM by SalimNagamato

Still looking.. I mean folding eh ?

troll. the folding coins helps humanity more than all coins

my Nvidia working on http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fahproject.overusingIPswillbebanned?p=9212
Cystic fibrosis (CF).
can't stop it and mine shitcoins for profits

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:17:44 PM

1 CURE in 10 years = ??$

cryptohunter2

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:51:24 AM

SNAP me too. This could have been an amazing project. They pretty much dropped the ball on this one.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 02:52:44 PM

https://youtu.be/Tx7W662gd8M

my Nvidia working on http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fahproject.overusingIPswillbebanned?p=9212
Cystic fibrosis (CF).

If that is so.. then why did you remove the link I had posted ?

Are you afraid of the information provided there ?

Do you mind if I call you Mr. Quack ?

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:44:05 PM

Cystic fibrosis (CF).

yes you can call me Mr. Quack
i didn't want the whole image posted in quote
and yes the link scares me

and i wish someone will find the ultimate cure to kill cancer

cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 11:18:09 PM

Updated OP

Added some vendor information, link to coinpayments.net if you want to accept cure or shop with cure.

Added some direct vendor links accepting CureCoin

Added a few of the many news references to CureCoin

minor other changes...

For those looking for more information please follow community links in OP to get involved or just do some reading about the project.

Well said Wink

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 11:30:42 PM

A quick note on some items from news links, as many have noticed, news outlets sometimes take their own spin on things, like the title to this interview:

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/curecoin-founder-my-cryptocurrency-can-end-all-disease-in-100-years/#

"curecoin founder: my cryptocurrency can end all disease in 100 years"

They took a bit of a creative license on the title, not my words, but it sure would be neat wouldn't it?

The interview itself is an ok read. I was up late compiling openssl on a fresh Linux build for compiling when the interviewer caught up with me. The interview only covers about 1/3 of what I'd like to have published about CureCoin.

The team is working on some informative videos, some of which you can already find in our community links, and social media pages like facebook.com/curecoin and @CureCoin_Team .

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
assistresearch

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:15:17 AM

SNAP me too. This could have been an amazing project. They pretty much dropped the ball on this one.

Usually FUD is introduced in financial markets when people want to exert selling pressure so they can "back up the truck" and load up :-)
But OK, fair enough - nobody is happy about the valuation when everyone is aware of how much goes into folding:

But, “dropped the ball”!? In two years they've been:

• Listed on over three exchanges, including livecoin (which allows BTC to fiat exchange)
  • Available on coinpayments.net … exposing CURE to over 18,000 potential vendors
  • Set records in Work Units & Points Produced by a single team in the shortest time
  • Very minimal security breaches (the IRC bot incident) unlike other coins in the same space
  • Ongoing communications with retailers and charities (if you watch social media)
  • Periodic media articles (most recently in Finance Magnates)
  • Practically all self-funded by the core team
  • Attending several Bitcoin conferences plus participated in a Tedx
  • Influential force: TM's actively participate on folding forums & folding reddits (and in FAH beta testing)
  •   Actually introduced the idea of CureCoin funding new research in the future
  • Fast assistance on the forum from a supportive community
  • And yes, 2.0 is still in beta, BUT you can download it from testnet and become a beta tester.

If you have a lot of skin in the game, let’s ask some questions:

• Have you done anything to promote the fundamental principles that underly CureCoin's value?
  • Made any social media posts about CureCoin’s potential lately?
  •     Look what Andreas Antonopoulos does for Bitcoin, and he’s not even a core dev!!!
  • Talked to local businesses into accepting CURE, or give discounts to folders?
  • Have you given CURE wallets to friends and family?
  • Donated any CURE to the addresses published on the homepage over the last year?
  • Are you staking your wallet to help secure the network?
  • Are you folding?

Sorry - had to chime in on this thread. Hopefully this didn't come off as a rant - I'm just trying to remind people of all the accomplishments rather than dwelling purely on valuation. I had a conversation with a friend who really KNOWS PEOPLE. He loves this project as many of us do, but after attending a retreat with his company in LA, where the key-note speaker was a famous geneticist, he looked around and noticed - no one was paying attention. He concluded (paraphrasing here, he used harsher language) "<most people> just aren't yet savvy enough to grasp the concept of protein folding - let alone adding a crypto-currency layer like CureCoin on top of it"

With the right exposure, this can be much more than a "coin", it can be a global movement against a common enemy - disease.
It just takes time for these things to crystallize in people's minds in an instant gratification world. Hopefully sooner than later.

Cheers!

first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 12:16:22 PM

Cystic fibrosis (CF).

You are not making any sense.

Why does proof that cures and preventative measures exist, scare you ? lol

huffnpuff

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:44:57 PM

Cystic fibrosis (CF).

You are not making any sense.

Why does proof that cures and preventative measures exist, scare you ? lol

I don't think "scared" is the right word here ... more like "concerned".

I do not doubt doctors and veterinarians have stumbled on effective herbal cures for some carcinomas in some patients. But your original question "Still looking.. I mean folding eh ?" suggests all research could stop, if only we could find these lost herbal formulas, while never needing to study the underlying mechanisms by which cancer first takes root.

You're also assuming Folding@home and other DCN research only covers cancer. What about Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, HIV, Malaria, Ebola, and Pandemic Influenzas?

The cancer statistics from the Latin American countries mentioned in the video are admittedly low - but then again, so are their life expediencies (they are dying of other diseases first) furthermore living an agrarian lifestyle exposes individuals to fewer industrial chemicals and processed foods.

The theory that a one-size-fits-all treatment for all carcinomas ignores the cause and effect. There is no single form of "cancer". One doesn't really have cancer, one is "cancering". There are interactions (or lack of interactions) between oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes (see list below). Each individuals body and tumor do not react equally to every cure presented. Dr. Hoxey claimed that those who failed his treatments merely had a "bad attitude".

One of the ultimate goals of cancer research (not the only goal) presented by Folding@Home is to enable the design of personalized medicines coded to individual patient's bodies. We do not only differ from eachother genetically, but also epigenetically (those are the proteins outside of the cell's nucleus). Those variations between humans (even between twins) can be practically infinite, leading to a need for individualized solutions for optimal results.

Notice that many of the over 500 projects studied by Folding@home cover natural compounds like Bryostatin (a natural deep-sea compound showing unique activity against cancer, HIV/AIDS, and Alzheimer's). The results of all those studies are made PUBLIC! Also, some of the projects deal with subjects outside the "human condition" such as custom enzyme designs to create bio-fuels more efficiently and perhaps, in the future, a cure for the Yellow Dragon virus plaguing citrus crops - causing massive damage and raising food prices.

Hippie Tech, I appreciate the video and I agree the pharma industry has many elements of corruption  - but do you feel because of that, we should stop learning about life science and go back to randomly applying herbal remedies and basing results on anecdotal evidence as they did in the 18th century and before?

I really hope you can join us in the quest for knowledge (and get paid in CURE  Smiley )

List of some Oncogenes:

PDGF Codes for platelet-derived growth factor. Involved in glioma (a brain cancer)
EGFR Codes for the receptor for epidermal growth factor. Involved in glioblastoma (a brain cancer) and breast cancer
HER-2 or ERBB2. Codes for a growth factor receptor. Involved in breast, salivary gland and ovarian cancers
RET Codes for a growth factor receptor. Involved in thyroid cancer
KRAS Involved in lung, ovarian, colon and pancreatic cancers
NRAS Involved in leukaemias
MYC1 Involved in leukaemias and breast, stomach and lung cancers
NMYC Involved in neuroblastoma (a nerve cell cancer) and glioblastoma
LMYC Involved in lung cancer
BCL2 Codes for a protein that normally blocks cell suicide. Involved in follicular B cell lymphoma
CCND1 or PRAD1 Codes for cyclin D1, a stimulatory component of the cell cycle clock. Involved in breast, head and neck cancers
CTNB1 Codes for beta-catenin, involved in liver cancers
MDM2 Codes for an antagonist of the p53 tumor suppressor protein. Involved in sarcomas (connective tissue cancers) and other cancers

List of some Tumor Suppressor Genes:
APC Involved in colon and stomach cancers
DPC4 Codes for a relay molecule in a signalling pathway that inhibits cell division. Involved in pancreatic cancer
NF-1 Codes for a protein that inhibits a stimulatory (Ras) protein. Involved in neurofibroma and pheochromocytoma (cancers of the peripheral nervous system)
and myeloid leukemia
NF-2 Involved in meningioma and ependymoma (brain cancers) and schwannoma (affecting the wrapping around peripheral nerves)
CDKN2A or MTS1 Codes for the p16 protein, a braking component of the cell cycle clock.
Involved in a wide range of cancers
RB1 Codes for the pRB protein, a master brake of the cell cycle. Involved in retinoblastoma and bone, bladder, small cell lung and breast cancer
TP53 Codes for the p53 protein, which can halt cell division and induce abnormal cells to kill themselves. Involved in a wide range of cancers
WT1 Involved in Wilms’ tumour of the kidney
BRCA1 Involved in breast and ovarian cancers
BRCA2 Involved in breast cancer
VHL Involved in renal cell cancer

ryohazuki89

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:37:43 AM

I didn't even notice that gridcoin exploded the last few months. Did anyone here catch that train? I should've bought.. any guess on what they have that we don't? They claim to be decentralized, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm that?
assistresearch

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:07:16 AM

I didn't even notice that gridcoin exploded the last few months. Did anyone here catch that train? I should've bought.. any guess on what they have that we don't? They claim to be decentralized, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm that?

Any science coin is only as decentralized as the source of its proof of work (in this case, distributed University Consortiums (Stanford or Berkeley)).

Their initial model (GridCoin Classic) was somewhat inefficient, and suffered from a few damaging hacker attacks. They switched to a decentralized blockchain model (they call it proof of research) by April 2015 which induced some further growing pains, but it looks like they stabilized the wallets. Their security algo I believe is based on Peercoin (like CureCoin) but they got rid of their pre-mine. CureCoin's decentralized 2.0 design has a more ambitious quantum-computer-proof algo (and a mini-blockchain designed for faster transactions), as such it has taken longer to implement in order to avoid being a "me too" decentralized science coin and to avoid introducing unnecessary churn. Notice CURE has only needed one security update since inception, Gridcoin has had numerous wallet updates to patch security and usability issues. This stuff isn't childs-play Smiley

This is just my biased opinion, and I do participate in Gridcoin myself - Crunchers have many projects to chose from on BOINC, and as such tend to concentrate crunching on projects which award the most points (or that they personally decide are worth-while). They aren't necessarily medical research related (like Rosetta@Home, or WGC), instead Milky Way seemed to be high on the list of priorities last I checked. While Milky Way is a very interesting distributed computing model predicting orbital mechanics of our galaxy, projects like it don't necessarily address more immediate needs, yet can be a priority for Grid crunchers.

An interesting dilemma with pure medical research - I've recently tried convincing a couple of people into Folding@Home participation (not even talking about coins), but they'd rather use their computational power to help SETI since they feel folding proteins only serves to help Big Pharma, as misguided as that may be. FAH results are made public.

Gridcoin valuation represents a POW on a mixture of diverse projects. Due to this diversity, Grid's user-base is broader. But their computational output in PetaFLOPs is lower due to most projects being CPU rather than GPU based (someone correct me if I'm wrong). In fact the CureCoin team at one point was producing more PetaFLOPs than the entire BOINC network (not just Grid) primarily due to the efficiency and optimization of GPU folding.

In conclusion - you have several choices in the Science Coin realm, and diversification is never a bad thing where financial matters are a concern.
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:16:57 AM

Any idea if a pi cluster could work fine at folding?  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: