Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 02:40:01 AM

Good question! Yes, certificate authorities will sign certificates which certify that a particular user (as identified by a Curecoin address) did a certain quantity of work. The certificate gives a range of nonces that that user is allowed to try mining with, and if they get a nonce in the provided range that, when combined with the previous block hash (as defined by the certificate), and their address (as defined by the certificate), they are allowed to make a block.

This sounds like you're now expecting Folders to mine as well to get our rewards?

Or am I being confused?

Folders will also 'mine' but in a similar way to PoS (as far as how many computations are done). The certificate might give, say, 400,000 nonces for 8 hours of folding work, but the miner could run through those 400,000 nonces on a CPU in far less than a single second.

Does it mean that folders will have to run a specific mining software to perform that task?
Or will it be included in the wallet?
And what if somebody doesn't want to keep his wallet "open"/online fulltime?
If the computer/rig holding that software crashes, will the folder lose the coins corresponding to what he folded during the crash if the computer isn't rebooted?
Will it be possible to have several instances of that mining software running in parallel on different computers/rigs to prevent this problem?

Oh and by the way, what about SigmaX? Will it finally also be released? Do you have more information about the distribution process?

Lots of questions Smiley

Lots of good questions!

The folder will not necessarily have to run specific mining software, since they could opt to join a pool instead (where their certificate goes to the pool, and an 'extraData' section of the certificate becomes the worker, or similar).

If they want to 'solo-fold' then they'll have to run a small additional 'bridge' software or similar, which receives the certificates and tries to process them. Most likely, this will be part of the Curecoin wallet itself, which would need to be open for solo folding.

There is a potential for downtime being an issue if, immediately before or upon receipt of a certificate, the client crashed and was unable to actually mine with the certificate (and the network passes them by, creating other valid blocks instead). There would be the option for serious folders to have some redundancy system wherein all certificates mined by a particular individual would be sent to multiple machines which all attempt mining. This wouldn't increase any mining odds, but only prevent a system's failure from interfering with mining a block using an awarded certificate.

Not sure what exactly SigmaX will look like, but it's still on the docket. Basically cc2.0 but with the certificate system replaced by traditional PoW. It'll be released after cc2.0, and the distribution is still up for discussion (although we'd like to give SigmaX tokens to existing Curecoin holders, perhaps similar to the Byteball distribution mechanism?).

Given the problems with the Stanford stat server, will there be a distributed system for the certificate authorities.  If they can't be bothered to maintain a simple server I'm not sure how much faith I have in them issuing certificates.

Great question! Two things will be in place:
-Multiple CAs (if one goes down, their difficulty just falls while the other CAs (say, GPUGrid) continue to successfully issue certificates)
-Curecoin devs will also have the ability to automatically create blocks with no reward/fee during times of DCN disruption as a "last resport," simply to help network congestion [fees of included transactions will either be burnt, provably sent to charity, or forwarded to future block minters]

Obviously still a semi-centralized solution as anything like Curecoin is bound to be, but it's designed to best handle any issues in the best possible manner considering the constraints of a blockchain designed around DCNs. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3980

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 12:12:32 PM

Russian  Video Tutorial for Getting Started Folding, give me please
I'll try to make such a video after I'm cured of a cold. How to merged folding you can read in russian FLDC topic -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=886185.msg13067173#msg13067173

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:58:41 PM

The basics for merged FLDC + CURE folding is simple.
 Set up a folding account for FLDC per their instructions.
 Then join the Curecoin Team and sign up for the cryptobullions pool using that folding account.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
solidus-crypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:10:06 AM

Good luck - looks very interesting
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 02:37:53 AM

Pre release of Curecoin 1.9.4.1 for Windows here  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Fc443aXWIAWWpGdTdKTnV1LTg/view?usp=sharing

Curecoin 1.9.4.1 source code for  Linux users https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_PoRrj3QF5sYUlSeGVWcEl1SVE/view?usp=sharing

This wallet includes the staking indicator and the easy unlock features. Enjoy Smiley

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:24:18 AM

Goodbye.

Vorshalk's "farm" is killing profitability on both CureCoin AND Foldingcoin, which I classify as ABUSE BY A DEVELOPER and am not willing to put up with any more.

This is NOT going to "increase the price of the coin" - the SAME number of coins still get generated, they STILL end up getting spent - "donating them to charity" just means the CHARITY ends up spending them at which point they're right back into circulation.

The ONLY effect of this massive farm is to KILL PROFITABILITY FOR THOSE OF US PARTICIPATING IN BOTH PROJECTS.

If he really wanted to increase the price of the coin, he'd put the $100,000 (OR MORE, since he said he was using rigs with ONE GPU PER RIG) into BUYING CURECOIN instead - which WOULD increase the price of the coin, and if he then HELD ON to the Curecoin he bought it would also reduce the supply FOR REAL helping prop the price up.

I am also starting to wonder VERY SERIOUSLY where he is getting the money to BUILD this farm - he's not like Ed Olkkola who is KNOWN to have a high-pay type job as an executive for an "investment banker" type company and has built his farm up over years.

I can see it being reasonable for a Developer of a coin to have a FEW rigs for testing with.
 100+ RIGS that are eating over 10% of the profitability of the coin AND STILL GROWING IN NUMBER AND PROFITABILITY KILLING is not reasonable by ANY standard.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:43:54 AM

Goodbye.

Vorshalk's "farm" is killing profitability on both CureCoin AND Foldingcoin, which I classify as ABUSE BY A DEVELOPER and am not willing to put up with any more.

This is NOT going to "increase the price of the coin" - the SAME number of coins still get generated, they STILL end up getting spent - "donating them to charity" just means the CHARITY ends up spending them at which point they're right back into circulation.

The ONLY effect of this massive farm is to KILL PROFITABILITY FOR THOSE OF US PARTICIPATING IN BOTH PROJECTS.

If he really wanted to increase the price of the coin, he'd put the $100,000 (OR MORE, since he said he was using rigs with ONE GPU PER RIG) into BUYING CURECOIN instead - which WOULD increase the price of the coin, and if he then HELD ON to the Curecoin he bought it would also reduce the supply FOR REAL helping prop the price up.

I am also starting to wonder VERY SERIOUSLY where he is getting the money to BUILD this farm - he's not like Ed Olkkola who is KNOWN to have a high-pay type job as an executive for an "investment banker" type company and has built his farm up over years.

I can see it being reasonable for a Developer of a coin to have a FEW rigs for testing with.
 100+ RIGS that are eating over 10% of the profitability of the coin AND STILL GROWING IN NUMBER AND PROFITABILITY KILLING is not reasonable by ANY standard.

Its a free and open project any one including the dev can participate as they see fit imo. Suggesting anyone should buy the coins and hold them so you can profit more is just out right crazy, its not how free systems work. Likewise telling anyone what they can or can't do with their cure or foldingcoin rewards is crazy.
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:20:07 AM

Didn't he say he was just renting rigs temporarily?
I think it's a good thing for devs to own or 'mine' some of their coin, just so you can be sure that they will continue to have an interest in the price and development, etc....but 10% of the team's folding power does seem a little excessive.
Still, I agree there's no reason he shouldn't be able to spend his own money renting those servers. On the flip side though if enough folders have issues with that it may not be the best stance to take.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:57:17 AM

I’d have to say that it’s all about perspective (most specifically the broadness or narrowness of it). My 2¢ primarily ignores outliers and those that are “well off” financially and (rambling as it may be at 5am) it goes something like this:

The main project of folding is one that is largely meant to be altruistic in nature. The advent of CURE and FLDC, by the nature of their existence and having financial value, changes that dynamic. Since they do exist, no one is spending 25, 50, 100 thousand dollars and expecting a negative long-term financial return; in other words, we’re expecting to get more out of this, now, than purely that which is altruistic.
We have a vested interest in seeing positive returns and, with a capped disbursement, for each dollar that each of us spends, the rest of us make less. That’s just a simple fact of how it all works. This is especially true given that the market price of the coin tends to stay hovering around specific USD based values. I find that absurd, but I’ll not digress into that topic until another day.

52.7 million PPD has an impact on the profit of every folder. There can be no question of that. While it is true that anyone in the world, including devs, have the “right” to rent, buy, or borrow whatever equipment they so choose, from my perspective, it’s actually worse that it’s not dedicated than if it were. We’re now in a position where we are forced to make decisions based on the whims of a 3rd party (will he be renting today? If so, will he be folding with it? … etc.) The confusion/problem/issue is compounded by the fact that that 3rd party is a dev.

Tldr; If you’re not in it for the altruism, you’ll end up with a higher, steadier income if you mine other stuff with your GPUs instead of fold.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Sofar

Activity: 128
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 04:22:57 PM

Hi there,

is there any working mining pool?
I've try all the one on the main thread, no one works...

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:41:07 PM

Hi there,

is there any working mining pool?
I've try all the one on the main thread, no one works...

AFAIK, Cryptopools was the last remaining public PoW pool (and since the format of the coin is so ASIC-unfriendly, I can't imagine there's much of a likelihood of anyone opening a new one).

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 02:23:30 AM

Goodbye.

Anyone is free to build and deploy any number of servers for Curecoin folding (or any other type of mining in the cryptocurrency ecosystem); the entire ethos of this space relies on the permissionless nature of blockchain technology. No projects in this space can be built with any expectation of profit--the availability of hardware and performance of software will dictate the amount of folding/mining. It's a free market, and anyone is able to participate at any level. Curecoin developers don't have any advantage over anyone else in the ecosystem; would people be upset if a large folder unrelated to the development team were to come in and do the exact same thing? The fact that I'm involved in the project shouldn't limit my ability to participate compared to anyone else who isn't contributing code/ideas to the project. I'm not making any changes to the protocol or otherwise modifying the project in any way that benefits me, I'm simply paying money to build out infrastructure, and using it for folding for now.

I'm not going to purchase Curecoin for the sake of holding up the market--the goal of Curecoin is to drastically improve the computational resources put towards groundbreaking medical research, not ensure a profit margin for a particular user. The farm is no longer growing (and hasn't for a while), and it's around 8% of the total folding power, I believe. Building a mining rig is a calculated risk, and decisions should be made based on expected market growth/decline, profit margin predictions, alternative uses for the hardware that also generate profit, etc. Assuming that someone won't step in and benefit from an economic incentive is a bit silly, whether they're a developer of the project or not.

Sorry to see you go Sad

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
coins_all_

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:42:55 PM

Goodbye.

Anyone is free to build and deploy any number of servers for Curecoin folding (or any other type of mining in the cryptocurrency ecosystem); the entire ethos of this space relies on the permissionless nature of blockchain technology. No projects in this space can be built with any expectation of profit--the availability of hardware and performance of software will dictate the amount of folding/mining. It's a free market, and anyone is able to participate at any level. Curecoin developers don't have any advantage over anyone else in the ecosystem; would people be upset if a large folder unrelated to the development team were to come in and do the exact same thing? The fact that I'm involved in the project shouldn't limit my ability to participate compared to anyone else who isn't contributing code/ideas to the project. I'm not making any changes to the protocol or otherwise modifying the project in any way that benefits me, I'm simply paying money to build out infrastructure, and using it for folding for now.

I'm not going to purchase Curecoin for the sake of holding up the market--the goal of Curecoin is to drastically improve the computational resources put towards groundbreaking medical research, not ensure a profit margin for a particular user. The farm is no longer growing (and hasn't for a while), and it's around 8% of the total folding power, I believe. Building a mining rig is a calculated risk, and decisions should be made based on expected market growth/decline, profit margin predictions, alternative uses for the hardware that also generate profit, etc. Assuming that someone won't step in and benefit from an economic incentive is a bit silly, whether they're a developer of the project or not.

Sorry to see you go Sad

I folded a long time before Curecoin or foldingcoin was a thing, and Merged folding made it possible to fold much more, and i think that people like Quintleo who i have seen jumping from coin to coin to fold should not be folding, he does not appreciate what folding is. i would fold even if i earn 0 but would not be able to fold this much.

Yes, money is a part of it, but srsly who doesnt have a relative that has had cancer and died, or have it and struggle.
This is just as important as the money.  1 out of 3 gets cancer in their life.

And i think you should fold as much as you like, you are the future of this coin, and you definitely in my opinion should hold a lot of curecoin, i have never in the 5 months i have been tracking curecoin charts seen this big of a buy wall.

I hope the progress with curecoin 2.0 and sigmax goes smoothly, curecoin will probably hit a dollar per one coin after that.
and the more the price rises the better, we will get more and more folders, so we can beat this shit cancer.

I just felt the need to write this since i think you are getting way to many hate comments from butthurt people who complain about profitability.
shaka256

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:22:44 PM

I just felt the need to write this since i think you are getting way to many hate comments from butthurt people who complain about profitability.

Some fold for the cause, some for profitabilty, some for both.

Keep in mind that CURE/FLDC team's folding results skyrocketed once the profitability of CURE+FLDC was high enough to beat other altcoins.

Profitability is a tool and the higher it is the more people will join the fold and therefore the higher the chance to defeat diseases.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 08:50:45 PM

Curecoin 1.9.4.1
only 59 more wallet releases until curecoin 2.0  Grin

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:17:34 PM

And I thought that exact same thing a year ago  Tongue

nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:44:18 PM

Goodbye.

I know Vorshalk already replied but someone posted a complaint about this on reddit and I thought Vorshalk's there response was pretty good:  https://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin/comments/6xiwf8/almost_a_million_premined_coins_wasnt_enough/

IMO I think the only reason this seems like a big deal is the sticker shock of the PPD going over a billion.  I've only been folding since this summer but when I started it was around 700 million.  Yes Vorshalk is part of that, but the rest of the PPD didn't appear out of thin air.  The fact is that right now, merged mining curecoin and foldingcoin is without a doubt the most profitable coin you can mine on almost any GPU.  Personally I wouldn't fold if there wasn't a monetary incentive.  Its not that I'm heartless but I'm not a gamer nor do I work in any field that requires me to own a GPU, so the hardware I have was purchased to make a profit.  There are however a lot of people who here who fold who primarily look at the good that it does, and the money are a secondary bonus.  If you see it from their point, buying and holding curecoin does nothing to cure disease.  Its like me buying biotech stocks on the NASDAQ and claiming I'm helping the world.  

I asked Vorshalk where he was renting the GPUs from and he straight up told me:  https://www.hetzner.com/?country=us    So its not like he hiding some lucrative resource.  Like they say, if you can't beat them, join them.  You are more than welcome to rent 80 instances Smiley
Steven363

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:53:33 PM

Goodbye.

I know Vorshalk already replied but someone posted a complaint about this on reddit and I thought Vorshalk's there response was pretty good:  https://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin/comments/6xiwf8/almost_a_million_premined_coins_wasnt_enough/

IMO I think the only reason this seems like a big deal is the sticker shock of the PPD going over a billion.  I've only been folding since this summer but when I started it was around 700 million.  Yes Vorshalk is part of that, but the rest of the PPD didn't appear out of thin air.  The fact is that right now, merged mining curecoin and foldingcoin is without a doubt the most profitable coin you can mine on almost any GPU.  Personally I wouldn't fold if there wasn't a monetary incentive.  Its not that I'm heartless but I'm not a gamer nor do I work in any field that requires me to own a GPU, so the hardware I have was purchased to make a profit.  There are however a lot of people who here who fold who primarily look at the good that it does, and the money are a secondary bonus.  If you see it from their point, buying and holding curecoin does nothing to cure disease.  Its like me buying biotech stocks on the NASDAQ and claiming I'm helping the world.  

I asked Vorshalk where he was renting the GPUs from and he straight up told me:  https://www.hetzner.com/?country=us    So its not like he hiding some lucrative resource.  Like they say, if you can't beat them, join them.  You are more than welcome to rent 80 instances Smiley

Aaand like this we had PPD almost touching 1.4 billion the day after this post.
Not saying that this one is to blame ... all I'm saying is the rented server power reeeeally eats up the profits of the little guys (those who can't rent)
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:06:31 AM

Curecoin 1.9.4.1

Sepaking of....how is that beta test going?

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:51:04 PM

Curecoin 1.9.4.1
only 59 more wallet releases until curecoin 2.0  Grin

Sepaking of....how is that beta test going?

Curecoin 2

Let's hope all this ppd is directed towards longevity studies and as special reward for wasting my btc on it we get free treatment or can pay in curecoins (value magnified at x1000000 to the usd) so that we can be told about the coming of cure coin 2 for a few more centuries before it doesn't happen.

This project is amongst the most disappointing ever on bct.

The volume on the one remaining good exchange is at delisting levels.

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: