Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696199 times)
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:39:33 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 03:36:20 AM by ChristianVirtual

2) Lets try to recruit people from other Folding@home team. surely their is forums etc where we can write
5) We need the ability to spend the coins. I.e shops, gambling etc.

Ad 2) that would be an mistake when too aggressive done. Perceived as unfriendly. Plus to my understanding the original goal of the coin was to attract new folders from the mining area reuse their now mining-inefficient hardware for something better. Moving resources from one team to another not helping the project is it not increasing resources. I'm an example of those: I switching between my home team and CC. No gain for the project, only "pain" for me to change config.

Ad 5) spending coin would be nice. But gambling will scare people off from. Those interested in science and folding could be turned away when they see CC is only good for gambling or XXX content.
That said I would be happy to spend my few CC on Amazon to buy new gadgets or other parts. Or reinvest in cloud computing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:22:49 AM

Hi,

I believe a few things need to be done in order to attract more folders:

1) Marketing the Idea out there; Reddit, Wikipedia, Youtube, Facebook etc. (How did Doge coin do?)
2) Lets try to recruit people from other Folding@home team. surely their is forums etc where we can write
3) We need a better Logo.
4) We need "Quality" media interest please write to Coindesk (I already did)
6) Dev. be innovative and work with trezor wallet

Will Curecoin 2.0 resolve the issue of premine coin and miss allocation of coins?

We need a decentralized coin...

I hope the dev team is serious because otherwise this coin will die after the launch of curecoin 2.0

thanks,

Yup, Jake and Curtis are working through a large pile of media contacts. We are holding off on massive marketing for the time being though, as this project hasn't yet hit its full technological potential.

As for logos, we had a logo competition a while ago which resulted in the current logo designed by Carp which we are using, the voting for the logo ended up being easily cheated.

The goal is to have Curecoins spendable through a variety of coin payment processors, however we don't want to build too many services around the old codebase, to minimize potential issues when moving over to cc2.0.

I have a more in-depth blog post over at http://curecoinfolding.com/progress-updates-p2p-networking/ from this morning, detailing our progress thus far. To summarize, cc2.0 will remove the folding premine, and switch the dev funds over to a block subsidy system. Instead, the payouts will be issued by the network based on certificates signed by computational research facilities, mostly universities.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:56:37 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 07:04:59 AM by ChasingTheDream

Hi,

1) Marketing the Idea out there; Reddit, Wikipedia, Youtube, Facebook etc. (How did Doge coin do?)

Will Curecoin 2.0 resolve the issue of premine coin and miss allocation of coins?

I hope the dev team is serious because otherwise this coin will die after the launch of curecoin 2.0

thanks,

Yup, Jake and Curtis are working through a large pile of media contacts. We are holding off on massive marketing for the time being though, as this project hasn't yet hit its full technological potential.

As for logos, we had a logo competition a while ago which resulted in the current logo designed by Carp which we are using, the voting for the logo ended up being easily cheated.

The goal is to have Curecoins spendable through a variety of coin payment processors, however we don't want to build too many services around the old codebase, to minimize potential issues when moving over to cc2.0.

I have a more in-depth blog post over at http://curecoinfolding.com/progress-updates-p2p-networking/ from this morning, detailing our progress thus far. To summarize, cc2.0 will remove the folding premine, and switch the dev funds over to a block subsidy system. Instead, the payouts will be issued by the network based on certificates signed by computational research facilities, mostly universities.

Thanks for the link to the in-depth blog post regarding cc2.0!  I just read it and I have to say I really like what the team is doing and the direction the project is going!  In the mean time I'll just keep on folding.   Grin
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:49:36 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 09:59:37 AM by cryptoconomist

Hi,

thanks,

Impressive... Good work Wink

Any kind of time line for CC 2.0 launch?
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:03:50 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 05:04:36 PM by ChasingTheDream

For anyone using AMD cards that may have been experiencing bizarre issues with R9 290X TRI-X cards, the 14.7rc3 drivers cleared up all the issues I was having on several different computers.  I can finally get all my GPU's folding again without driver crashes constantly.  It is definitely worth giving the latest beta drivers a try.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:54:32 PM

Hi,

thanks,

My goal is to have an alpha for people to test and play around with (testnet, basically) sometime in January of 2015, but there may be smaller public tests leading up to that to test specific features, performance, etc.

cryptoconomist

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:24:00 AM

Hi,

thanks,

My goal is to have an alpha for people to test and play around with (testnet, basically) sometime in January of 2015, but there may be smaller public tests leading up to that to test specific features, performance, etc.

4/6 months to launch is way too much in the crypto world... by then who know what might happen! I think and it is probably only my view that you should ask the community dev. for help, It might also attract more people to the project and make it more transparent.

If you can reduce to 2/3 months we have a better chance to make it a success especially since we getting competition from foldingcoin whom seems to be working hard on updating the coin.

I hate for you to work hard and found out in 6 months that their is 3 coins using the same idea with a better platform and a wider community.

only my 2cents. keep up the great work.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:04:40 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 11:06:45 PM by ChasingTheDream

Hi,

thanks,

4/6 months to launch is way too much in the crypto world... by then who know what might happen! I think and it is probably only my view that you should ask the community dev. for help, It might also attract more people to the project and make it more transparent.

If you can reduce to 2/3 months we have a better chance to make it a success especially since we getting competition from foldingcoin whom seems to be working hard on updating the coin.

I hate for you to work hard and found out in 6 months that their is 3 coins using the same idea with a better platform and a wider community.

Just my two cents as well but here it goes.  I'm more interested in a smooth release than speeding up the release of cc2.0.  I understand the desire to have it as soon as possible but that isn't the way development works.  Also adding programmers doesn't necessarily help.  Read The Mythical Man Month for an example of what happens when people get added to projects thinking it is going to speed things up.  In short, it usually doesn't help.

Additionally if someone comes along and does it better than Curecoin then so be it.  The Curecoin development team is obviously highly skilled and they are taking the project seriously so I'm sure they can adapt.  Since the ultimate goal is to get as many people as possible to put their processing power to good use (research), the competition would do all the projects some good.  May the best mouse trap win.   Grin

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:16:50 AM

Hi,

thanks,

Just my two cents as well but here it goes.  I'm more interested in a smooth release than speeding up the release of cc2.0.  I understand the desire to have it as soon as possible but that isn't the way development works.  Also adding programmers doesn't necessarily help.  Read The Mythical Man Month for an example of what happens when people get added to projects thinking it is going to speed things up.  In short, it usually doesn't help.

Additionally if someone comes along and does it better than Curecoin then so be it.  The Curecoin development team is obviously highly skilled and they are taking the project seriously so I'm sure they can adapt.  Since the ultimate goal is to get as many people as possible to put their processing power to good use (research), the competition would do all the projects some good.  May the best mouse trap win.   Grin

For sure, adding additional team members makes sense to a point, but it just isn't practical after that. Personally I believe a few devs will take longer but will produce more maintainable, consistent code, and will have a much smoother launch. While I wish I could launch cc2.0 today, as crypto does move so fast, we're developing a long-term project, and to do so we need a quality product to release. We have a placeholder right now, people can fold, earn Curecoins for folding, and everything works. However, it isn't a long-term solution, of course, but it should be sufficient leading up to release.

As to your second point, if someone can give Curecoin a run for its money, that's great! The purpose of the project is to build a cryptocurrency which computationally supports important medical and scientific computational research. We build the coin because we have the skillset and want to see the idea happen--and competition can only be good for to central purpose of any like-minded coin. While foldingcoin seems to be taking an approach similar to our current system rather than our future plans, only good can come from causing, whatever way, people to allow their computers to do computational research.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:40:28 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 06:52:46 PM by ChasingTheDream

Congrats to team CureCoin for reaching position #8 in the F@H standings   Grin

Well done everyone!
seljak

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:47:02 PM

is there any new folding client available? Any speed improvements in the last 2 months? Can i continue where i left 2 months ago or should i at least update to latest drivers? How many ppd can r9 270 achieve?
tnx
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:38:25 PM

is there any new folding client available? Any speed improvements in the last 2 months? Can i continue where i left 2 months ago or should i at least update to latest drivers? How many ppd can r9 270 achieve?
tnx

Core 18 was released, though it's very similar to Core 17. I've heard good things about the latest drivers for people on R9 290x cards, though I don't have an R9 270 to do any testing on, so I can't tell you for sure. Driver updates usually don't reduce performance, though there's been a few counterexamples.

ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:21:35 PM

Actual client remain on version 7.4.4 for all three OS

Core 18 is for Windows only at this point in time

AMD-driver, no idea , sorry, I'm a nV guy
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:47:01 AM

My r9 270x's with 14.4 catalyst and windows 8.1 are pulling 82-92k ppd. I have yet to find out how to increase more.

Go CureCoin!
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:22:57 AM

The new listings for MintPal have been announced after they were bought by moolah.io.  I'm the second comment on the that page (there are only two  Grin).  I specifically asked them to add CureCoin and provided my reasons for the request.

Here is the link.

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/#comments

Just an FYI.
shigataganai

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:01:43 PM

I don't see your comment there... removed maybe? According to their listing policies - "8. A request is made by the development team to review the coin." 
So devs ? Smiley
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:00:29 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 07:32:46 PM by ChasingTheDream

I don't see your comment there... removed maybe? According to their listing policies - "8. A request is made by the development team to review the coin."  
So devs ? Smiley

On my screen it shows that my comment is awaiting approval by a moderator so apparently nobody can see it yet but me.  I had not seen their listing policies so I may have gone about it the wrong way.  I was referencing this "We will be listening to comments and suggestions from the public in relation to this list." when I decided to post a comment there and use my actual name rather than my ChasingTheDream id.

My comment is this:

I would like to see CureCoin added to your list. I’ve seen what you have done for the Dogecoin community and I’ve got millions of Dogecoins. However, since the release of CureCoin I have switched to protein folding for Curecoins simply because I want to use the energy that would have gone into mining for a very productive purpose (research). It would be nice to have an exchange that I trust where I can trade both Dogecoin and Curecoin!

I would have zero concern sending my coins to MintPal for trading simply because I trust you. That isn’t the case anywhere else. I’ve already lost coins on an exchange that essentially unplugged. I don’t want to go through that again.

Regarding CureCoin, we are already ranked #8 in the world in the folding at home rankings and in a little over a month we will be up to #5. A soon to be top 5 folding team needs a top notch exchange and the dev team is actively trying to improve the coin and will release a CureCoin 2.0 next year that will address many concerns the community has brought up.

I am not associated with the CureCoin dev team in any way, but I do believe in the cause. I just want to feel secure in trading my coins and I would certainly feel that way on MintPal!

I hope you will consider it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is unfamiliar with moolah, they are very active in the Dogecoin community and have done a great deal to help them with fundraisers etc.  They are a great company to have interested in a project so if they became interested in CureCoin it would certainly help our community.  That is why I expressed my trust in them as I did in the comment above.
shigataganai

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:51:22 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 04:43:51 PM by shigataganai

So devs ? Smiley

On my screen it shows that my comment is awaiting approval by a moderator so apparently nobody can see it yet but me.  I had not seen their listing policies so I may have gone about it the wrong way.  I was referencing this "We will be listening to comments and suggestions from the public in relation to this list." when I decided to post a comment there and use my actual name rather than my ChasingTheDream id.

My comment is this:

I would like to see CureCoin added to your list. I’ve seen what you have done for the Dogecoin community and I’ve got millions of Dogecoins. However, since the release of CureCoin I have switched to protein folding for Curecoins simply because I want to use the energy that would have gone into mining for a very productive purpose (research). It would be nice to have an exchange that I trust where I can trade both Dogecoin and Curecoin!

I would have zero concern sending my coins to MintPal for trading simply because I trust you. That isn’t the case anywhere else. I’ve already lost coins on an exchange that essentially unplugged. I don’t want to go through that again.

Regarding CureCoin, we are already ranked #8 in the world in the folding at home rankings and in a little over a month we will be up to #5. A soon to be top 5 folding team needs a top notch exchange and the dev team is actively trying to improve the coin and will release a CureCoin 2.0 next year that will address many concerns the community has brought up.

I am not associated with the CureCoin dev team in any way, but I do believe in the cause. I just want to feel secure in trading my coins and I would certainly feel that way on MintPal!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is unfamiliar with moolah, they are very active in the Dogecoin community and have done a great deal to help them with fundraisers etc.  They are a great company to have interested in a project so if they became interested in CureCoin it would certainly help our community.  That is why I expressed my trust in them as I did in the comment above.

I completely agree... that's why I suggested that devs should reach out to moolah and submit the coin for review.
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:50:06 PM

So devs ? Smiley

On my screen it shows that my comment is awaiting approval by a moderator so apparently nobody can see it yet but me.  I had not seen their listing policies so I may have gone about it the wrong way.  I was referencing this "We will be listening to comments and suggestions from the public in relation to this list." when I decided to post a comment there and use my actual name rather than my ChasingTheDream id.

My comment is this:

If anyone is unfamiliar with moolah, they are very active in the Dogecoin community and have done a great deal to help them with fundraisers etc.  They are a great company to have interested in a project so if they became interested in CureCoin it would certainly help our community.  That is why I expressed my trust in them as I did in the comment above.

I completely agree... that's why I suggested that devs should reach out to moolah and submit the coin for review.

Sounds good to me.   Grin
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:54:23 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:07:07 PM by ChasingTheDream

@Vorksholk,

Here is the link to MintPals new coin adding and removal process that shigataganai was referring to in a previous post.

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/06/mintpal-v2-policies-on-addition-removal-verified-markets-and-ico-escrows/

Based on what the process says I don't see any reason why CoinCoin wouldn't be added but the request does need to come from a member of the CureCoin development team.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: