Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NFDv2] - NFD Coin - Thread locked  (Read 209416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MaWo (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:45:50 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 11:18:34 PM by MaWo

Nobody is selling at 2, but nobody is buying at 3.. Volume is 0. We need some influx of new people I guess :S

2 satoshi seems to be about the avarage IPO price, guess that is why it is stable?

It's calm before the storm Wink

NFD need an active community! This thread is already dead

Development discussions happen in a skype group chat. (not public)

We started a public  trello board to test organizing things with trello.
https://trello.com/b/kK7UMifS/nfdcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaWo (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:17:32 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 11:28:37 PM by MaWo

Maybe comming weekend we will finish localizing main parts of nfd client.

screenshot current zh-CN translation:

this testnet version is accessable via http://woll-e.net:9876/

At the moment we have partial translations for en, de and zh-CN

I'm looking for contributor who translate the following files to french, spain, ...

https://bitbucket.org/NFDcoin/nfdcoin/src/19d84d7b48756c544a7a346d193f0335ab434132/html/ui/js/lang/lang.en.json?at=localization
https://bitbucket.org/NFDcoin/nfdcoin/src/19d84d7b48756c544a7a346d193f0335ab434132/lang/responseCodes.properties?at=localization

xxxxx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:49:53 AM

I have bought some, but no move at all.
boioiong

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:07:27 AM

We have created a gateway for exchanging NFD / FBT.

Asset name: NFDFBT
Asset id: 14961561317849223821
Issuer: NFD-23FD-PJ3N-PC7L-9JW8K

Description:
FairByte (symbol FBT) is a X13 PoW/PoS experimental coin.
One NFDFBT represent one FBT. In order to withdraw FBT you need to transfer your shares of NFDFBT to NFD-23FD-PJ3N-PC7L-9JW8K with attached FBT address in comment field.
You may download the fairbyte wallet at http://fairbyte.ninja

To add asset use the asset id only (14961561317849223821). In order to process withdrawals transaction needs 130 confirmations.
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:31:56 PM

Description:
One NFDFBT represent one FBT. In order to withdraw FBT you need to transfer your shares of NFDFBT to NFD-23FD-PJ3N-PC7L-9JW8K with attached FBT address in comment field.

To add asset use the asset id only (14961561317849223821). In order to process withdrawals transaction needs 130 confirmations.

Maybe you can provide a link to the FairByte Bitcointalk thread?

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
ciappa

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:35:20 PM

I have bought some, but no move at all.

Yo must be patient, NFD is strongly undervalued at the moment!

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
ciappa

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:38:09 PM

Nobody is selling at 2, but nobody is buying at 3.. Volume is 0. We need some influx of new people I guess :S

2 satoshi seems to be about the avarage IPO price, guess that is why it is stable?

It's calm before the storm Wink

NFD need an active community! This thread is already dead

Development discussions happen in a skype group chat. (not public)

We started a public  trello board to test organizing things with trello.
https://trello.com/b/kK7UMifS/nfdcoin

Everyone can and wants contribute something in NDF is welcome to sign up in Trello board! There you'll find a lot of tasks that can be completed for NFD

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 06:16:47 PM

Hi, everyone! As noted above, there is active discussion of development for NFD. MaWo was good enough to show the first innovation that's already in the pipe: localization. It's taken a lot of delicate work, so that's why he, lordoliver and richwang have spent so much time on it. The time they spent shows the core philosophy of NFD tech development: take it slow, be thorough, test, test and test before adding it to the NFD infrastructure. That way, we don't offer you any unpleasant surprises. Wink

This dev philosophy, which I'm living up to in my own way during my 'testnet phase' of Relationship Marketing around this board, makes NFD the very opposite of a scamcoin.

Unfortunately, this philosophy has a downside: you already know what it is. In part because your tech team takes our time and gets it right, the usual band of punters have decided that NFD is a go-nowhere coin. That's the real reason why it sluggishly trades between 2 and 3 satoshis. There's a nice thick bid stack at 2 and 1 satoshis, but there's an imposing sell wall all the way up to 9 satoshis. NFD has some volume behind it, but not much at the moment. Although it might be a bit of a disappointment for Bter at the moment, it is active enough for the Bter guys to rightfully consider listing NFD to be a good business decision for them.

As for myself, I'm "testnetting" my rusty writing skills by working on an outside project. Unfortunately, I'm so out of shape at the moment that I have to write in adrenaline spurts followed by post-adrenaline exhaustion when I'm kind-of listless. Nonetheless, I've managed to bang out ~25,000 words - half a full Kindle book - in about a week an a half. And the quality of the content, according to the editor to which I've submitted the first two parts, is pretty durn good.

Once I'm through the 'testnet' part of my Relationship Marketing foray in the wide outside world, and once I'm through the 'testnet' phase of getting my daily word count up to hack speed Wink , I'll put my keyboard to writing books and articles, articles and more books and articles to spread the word about NFD. First on the list is a small series of get-started how-to short books. And - I'm sure you know why - the first book will be a how-to book on using Keepass to generate and maintain a secure passphrase. Since Keepass is free and open source, I'm going to write this one in part out of duty. But, it will be tied to NFD by using the NFD online wallet as the first walk-though example for using the Keepass properly.

As for the rest of the NFD team, the Trello board MaWo mentioned will give you a good idea of what we're up to. High priority right now is coming up with a simpler client that the ordinary Internaut can use simply to buy and sell with NFD. In other words, your dev team has an eye on the long-term prize: NFD being used as a real cryptocurrency for commerce. That's what NFD should be. Not a speculator's plaything, not a hypey coin whose peaks and inevitable valleys leave a swath of disappointed bagholders, but a solid slow-growing but growing cryptocurrency that will eventually be used for real buying and real selling.

And of course, the Asset Exchange is fully developed and ready to go. This part, we're leaving up to the community in the near term.

So that's where we are right now. Each active participant in NFD development, including badly-needed volunteers like CoinKombinat, ciappa and l8orre (sorry if I missed your name), are working methodically and steadily. Subject to the constraints of their outside responsibilities.

But we do need your help!

The best thing you can do, as an NFD community member, is to follow ciappa's advice above and please be patient! Please give us the time we need to get things right for you.

I know that the current price performance of NFD is disheartening; it's sometimes got me feeling a little depressed myself. Smiley But I ask you to consider the silver lining, the compensatory upside, of NFD's listless performance and current unpopularity:

Right now, NFD's order book is strikingly like that of Reddcoin's back in the spring, when it was mostly seen around here as yet another write-off. There was a solid bid stack for RDD at 4, 3, 2 and 1 satoshis but an imposing sell wall at 5 satoshis and above. Back in the late spring, had I had twenty Bitcoins, I could have bought four hundred million Reddcoins and have the entire order filled at five satoshis in less than a day. If I had had fifty bitcoins, plus enough for Cryptsy trading fees, I could have become an RDD billionaire at five satoshis. I just checked Cryptsy and saw Reddcoin last trading at thirty-one satoshis, and that's after a pullback whose peak was forty.

If you know the Redd story, you know that it came alive after the RDD dev team unveiled a new network-securing algorithm called "Proof-of-Stake Velocity" which they're in the process of implementing. In the early days, when I was involved with Redd, the team had no plans to unveil PoSV; at that time, in fact, they hadn't even thought about it. It took them several months of active community-building, developing new tipbots, and facing recurrent complaints about Redd's then-listless price performance, before they hit upon the idea.

That's what it takes to come up with a real innovation that wakes up a blah coin. Real, unique, new innovations actually take a lot of time, including a lot of time to come up with the original idea in the first place. After all, it if were easy to come up with, it's a safe bet that someone else has already thought of it.

Right now, the trading and order book of NFD is strikingly like that of Reddcoin in its listless blah days (months, really.) That's the reason why I'm asking for your help, why I'm asking you to be patient and stay the course with us.

If you're of a mind to, NFD's listlessness actually gives you lots of chance to "leg in" through buying more when you want. That's what I'm planning to do if I scrape together a little fiat or if my currently stuck-in-limbo investments wake up and pay off. You can take this self-disclosure as a "whale alert" if you like.

I'm also withdrawing my NFD after I've bought them. Thanks to those of you who are doing the same. We need more forgers to keep the network robust. (FYI: when I open up my NFD client, I make sure that my forging is turned off because I don't want to whale-tilt the forging lottery.)

So that's where we are right now. On the tech side, development is proceeding slowly but steadily and carefully. On the promotion side, I still need to limber up but I'll come out of the gate with reasonably quick speed. Once I've mostly recovered my flabby writer's muscles.  Wink  NFD's price performance and volume are disheartening at the moment, but so was Reddcoin's back in its dog days. All we need is that One Big Catalyst and NFD will finally wake up! We're already quite ready to join the ranks of serious coins; we just need to be recognized...   

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

boioiong

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 06:36:58 PM

Description:

Maybe you can provide a link to the FairByte Bitcointalk thread?

Sorry about that, here is the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700920
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:01:38 PM

Hi, everyone! As noted above, there is active discussion of development for NFD. MaWo was good enough to show the first innovation that's already in the pipe: localization. It's taken a lot of delicate work, so that's why he, lordoliver and richwang have spent so much time on it. The time they spent shows the core philosophy of NFD tech development: take it slow, be thorough, test, test and test before adding it to the NFD infrastructure. That way, we don't offer you any unpleasant surprises. Wink

This dev philosophy, which I'm living up to in my own way during my 'testnet phase' of Relationship Marketing around this board, makes NFD the very opposite of a scamcoin.

Unfortunately, this philosophy has a downside: you already know what it is. In part because your tech team takes our time and gets it right, the usual band of punters have decided that NFD is a go-nowhere coin. That's the real reason why it sluggishly trades between 2 and 3 satoshis. There's a nice thick bid stack at 2 and 1 satoshis, but there's an imposing sell wall all the way up to 9 satoshis. NFD has some volume behind it, but not much at the moment. Although it might be a bit of a disappointment for Bter at the moment, it is active enough for the Bter guys to rightfully consider listing NFD to be a good business decision for them.

As for myself, I'm "testnetting" my rusty writing skills by working on an outside project. Unfortunately, I'm so out of shape at the moment that I have to write in adrenaline spurts followed by post-adrenaline exhaustion when I'm kind-of listless. Nonetheless, I've managed to bang out ~25,000 words - half a full Kindle book - in about a week an a half. And the quality of the content, according to the editor to which I've submitted the first two parts, is pretty durn good.

Once I'm through the 'testnet' part of my Relationship Marketing foray in the wide outside world, and once I'm through the 'testnet' phase of getting my daily word count up to hack speed Wink , I'll put my keyboard to writing books and articles, articles and more books and articles to spread the word about NFD. First on the list is a small series of get-started how-to short books. And - I'm sure you know why - the first book will be a how-to book on using Keepass to generate and maintain a secure passphrase. Since Keepass is free and open source, I'm going to write this one in part out of duty. But, it will be tied to NFD by using the NFD online wallet as the first walk-though example for using the Keepass properly.

As for the rest of the NFD team, the Trello board MaWo mentioned will give you a good idea of what we're up to. High priority right now is coming up with a simpler client that the ordinary Internaut can use simply to buy and sell with NFD. In other words, your dev team has an eye on the long-term prize: NFD being used as a real cryptocurrency for commerce. That's what NFD should be. Not a speculator's plaything, not a hypey coin whose peaks and inevitable valleys leave a swath of disappointed bagholders, but a solid slow-growing but growing cryptocurrency that will eventually be used for real buying and real selling.

And of course, the Asset Exchange is fully developed and ready to go. This part, we're leaving up to the community in the near term.

So that's where we are right now. Each active participant in NFD development, including badly-needed volunteers like CoinKombinat, ciappa and l8orre (sorry if I missed your name), are working methodically and steadily. Subject to the constraints of their outside responsibilities.

The best thing you can do, as an NFD community member, is to follow ciappa's advice above and please be patient! Please give us the time we need to get things right for you.

I know that the current price performance of NFD is disheartening; it's sometimes got me feeling a little depressed myself. Smiley But I ask you to consider the silver lining, the compensatory upside, of NFD's listless performance and current unpopularity:

Right now, NFD's order book is strikingly like that of Reddcoin's back in the spring, when it was mostly seen around here as yet another write-off. There was a solid bid stack for RDD at 4, 3, 2 and 1 satoshis but an imposing sell wall at 5 satoshis and above. Back in the late spring, had I had twenty Bitcoins, I could have bought four hundred million Reddcoins and have the entire order filled at five satoshis in less than a day. If I had had fifty bitcoins, plus enough for Cryptsy trading fees, I could have become an RDD billionaire at five satoshis. I just checked Cryptsy and saw Reddcoin last trading at thirty-one satoshis, and that's after a pullback whose peak was forty.

If you know the Redd story, you know that it came alive after the RDD dev team unveiled a new network-securing algorithm called "Proof-of-Stake Velocity" which they're in the process of implementing. In the early days, when I was involved with Redd, the team had no plans to unveil PoSV; at that time, in fact, they hadn't even thought about it. It took them several months of active community-building, developing new tipbots, and facing recurrent complaints about Redd's then-listless price performance, before they hit upon the idea.

That's what it takes to come up with a real innovation that wakes up a blah coin. Real, unique, new innovations actually take a lot of time, including a lot of time to come up with the original idea in the first place. After all, it if were easy to come up with, it's a safe bet that someone else has already thought of it.

Right now, the trading and order book of NFD is strikingly like that of Reddcoin in its listless blah days (months, really.) That's the reason why I'm asking for your help, why I'm asking you to be patient and stay the course with us.

If you're of a mind to, NFD's listlessness actually gives you lots of chance to "leg in" through buying more when you want. That's what I'm planning to do if I scrape together a little fiat or if my currently stuck-in-limbo investments wake up and pay off. You can take this self-disclosure as a "whale alert" if you like.

I'm also withdrawing my NFD after I've bought them. Thanks to those of you who are doing the same. We need more forgers to keep the network robust. (FYI: when I open up my NFD client, I make sure that my forging is turned off because I don't want to whale-tilt the forging lottery.)

So that's where we are right now. On the tech side, development is proceeding slowly but steadily and carefully. On the promotion side, I still need to limber up but I'll come out of the gate with reasonably quick speed. Once I've mostly recovered my flabby writer's muscles.  Wink  NFD's price performance and volume are disheartening at the moment, but so was Reddcoin's back in its dog days. All we need is that One Big Catalyst and NFD will finally wake up! We're already quite ready to join the ranks of serious coins; we just need to be recognized...   

Could anyone explain to me why ORA is more expensive than NFD ?

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:29:49 PM

Could anyone explain to me why ORA is more expensive than NFD ?

Sorry, but I don't know why. I've been losing track of the gen-2.0 stream because I've had to focus on NFD. Maybe someone else here can help you.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:21:59 PM

Can someone go to here to add NFD information? - https://o.info/index.php/How_to_issue_a_cryptosecurity

Overstock set up a wiki to compare the crypto security/asset trading platform and each community can edit and add its platform for reference.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:11:07 AM

Can someone go to here to add NFD information? - https://o.info/index.php/How_to_issue_a_cryptosecurity

Overstock set up a wiki to compare the crypto security/asset trading platform and each community can edit and add its platform for reference.

Someone beat me to it...Whoever that was, thanks!

SomeRelax

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:17:10 AM

i just read about Lamassu ATM, they released their platform as open source on github
it would be great if you could implement the NFD on it as a real world currency, if it's doable of course
actually there is already a coin which is trying to do this
just a suggestion  Smiley
CoinKombinat

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:10:41 AM

Someone beat me to it...Whoever that was, thanks!

But that shouldn't be enough infos about NFD. These are only the basic one. It would be nice, if someone could add some more details  Wink
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:56:02 AM

The first objective of NFD should be to find more developers.

And then create a good Community.

This can take a while though.
mydearvoice

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:36:51 PM

Thank you for your development

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:38:17 PM

i just read about Lamassu ATM, they released their platform as open source on github
it would be great if you could implement the NFD on it as a real world currency, if it's doable of course

Thanks for the suggestion. I just added the Lamassu Website to my bookmarks.

richwang

Activity: 605

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:58:59 PM

Continue to vote on exchanges

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:02:24 PM

If it could be implemented then it would be great.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: