Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 898 times)
turtlehurricane (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:04:30 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 01:18:41 PM by turtlehurricane

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 01:37:24 AM

If there's any lesson I took from this episode, it's that the scammers are getting much slicker and more sincere. This bojo actually put in a lot of organizing work before scatting off.

tl;dr: The scammers are much, much harder to detect now. WATCH IT!

Oh yes...you haven't heard the last of NFD.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603932.0;all

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:38:08 AM

Coins launch with IPO are must SCAMS. Beware about them.

Vendettacoin

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:58:20 AM

So many iPo scams?

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:04:11 AM

Unless there is a trusted escrow, IPO just means scam. It gives hope to noobs that they'll make money

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:31:39 AM

In future cryptocommunity should lay down public CryptoCurrency AntiScam Comittee (CCASC) and all new coin creators should apply qualification in this.

danel

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:49:45 AM

So many iPo scams?

But still many people investing in IPO and they will continue to do so.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:01:56 PM

So many iPo scams?

But still many people investing in IPO and they will continue to do so.

And still people will keep on losing money on these scams , Emiratecoins debacle.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:12:03 PM

In future cryptocommunity should lay down public CryptoCurrency AntiScam Comittee (CCASC) and all new coin creators should apply qualification in this.

what if a scammer runs the comittee, then you're all fucked

No! People that want to invest in a coin should do their own diligence and research a project well before putting money in. That's part of investing in cryptocoins.
You are probably lazy and are willing to put responsibilities in the hands of others, a big mistake.
Teracoin

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:32:51 PM

another day another name.this kind of ipo scam wont end.
dont be greedy and stay away from ipo.
gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:33:33 PM

Good thing I only blew 0.007BTC on this. Theymos  should be IP banning IMO.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:47:18 PM

I have a VPN with 20 different IPs, it costs $6 a month. Look at the bottom of the forum, private internet access actually sponsors bitcointalk (the VPN i use).

So IP banning doesn't do shit.

Not everybody has a VPN. It would certianly make their lives a little harder.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
keats3

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:35:50 PM

This kind of thing spoils it for all the legitimate IPO's. I was thinking of investing myself, but luckily decided not to.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:52:53 AM

I have a VPN with 20 different IPs, it costs $6 a month. Look at the bottom of the forum, private internet access actually sponsors bitcointalk (the VPN i use).

So IP banning doesn't do shit.

Not everybody has a VPN. It would certianly make their lives a little harder.
Perhaps, but considering this edgecoin/nfd-coin scammer made $80,000 in the past few months, and is tech savvy, he probably has a VPN. I think any scammer worth his salt has a VPN.

He'll be back again, I'm quite sure. The scammer ran the Edgecoin scam starting March 27th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540017.0

And he ran the NFD scam starting April 22nd.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580537.0

There's about four weeks between the two. Four weeks from his latest one is about a week from now. From now 'til the end of the month, I'd be on my guard.

Here's his MO:
- comes up with a tantalizing proposal.
- doesn't have anything against escrow, and may solicit an escrower behind the scenes. This lulls people into thinking direct send is ok because he doesn't have a bee in his bonnet about escrowing. So far, this profile fits a lot of other scammers (and, sadly, it also fits legitimate IPCOs)

- This next one makes him somewhat unique in the world of scammers: The fellow actually works hard while running the scam! Not only is he responsive, but also (in the case of NFD) he spent a lot of time putting together a distribution list. As part of the NFD revival project, I'm doing a comprehensive audit, check and correct of his disbursement list - and it's a huge task. The scammer may not have anticipated the workload he'd have to undertake when running the NFD scam, but he did step up to the plate: he did do the pre-allocation work. This work ethic of his makes him more dangerous than the typical scammer. It lulls you, because you assume that if he's working hard while running the scam he's also working hard on the launch.

And here's how to protect yourself against him:
- Don't invest directly! Use an escrow.
- Demand to see code snippets. You need to be an experienced programmer to tell the difference between a dev with a viable project and a vapourware scammer. Only an experienced programmer in the language of the project can read between the lines and judge if the project is do-able in the timeframe specified or if it's exciting fantasy. If you're not an experienced programmer, don't send a satoshi unless you see code excerpts! To be extra careful, you might want to run them by an experienced programmer to see if they're original or a copy-and-paste from some other project!
- Ask technical questions politely and publicly, on the IPCO thread, and look hard for any glib or evasive answers. If your question-post is deleted, run! And please, tell everyone!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:41:39 PM

If everyone insisted on esrow these scams would soon die out. The only reason they work is because people send directly to the scammer's bitcoin address.
vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:32:14 PM

Unless there is a trusted escrow, IPO just means scam. It gives hope to noobs that they'll make money

Look at Edgecoin.
payyy

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

yes i know i know ..

be careful , so many scamer here ,we need admin of BTT to do sth .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: