Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:31:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fractional Reserve Lending IS NOT bad - its unavoidable  (Read 12714 times)
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:40:03 AM

Inflation steals from everyone.  But it's worse than that - rising property prices steal from the young and disadvantaged people.

Ridiculous.  The young are more than compensated for inflation with rising wages.  Did you ever work?  Did you get raises?  Were you raises keeping up with inflation?  Or...

Funny...  somehow young people's wages haven't kept up:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/actu-to-seek-rise-in-minimum-wages-as-home-ownership-becomes-a-pipedream-20140324-35eb1.html

Why is that? Can you explain to us all how that happened?  Thanks buddy.  Wink

Let me quote:

While the minimum wage was equivalent to 14 per cent of the mean house price in 1993, it is now at less than 7.5 per cent.
ACTU secretary Dave Oliver said a 250 per cent increase in average house prices in the past 20 years had made it impossible for those earning minimum wages to buy a home.
"For those on a low wage, home ownership is a now pipedream," he said. "Someone on a minimum wage of $622 per week has enough to cover their basic costs and that's about it. These workers tell us it's impossible to save up a deposit, let alone afford the weekly repayments."
Mr Oliver said the minimum wage had increased by 91.2 per cent from 1993 to last year, and would have needed to rise by 254.7 per cent - $1154.42 a week or $60,029.84 a year - to keep up with house prices.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/actu-to-seek-rise-in-minimum-wages-as-home-ownership-becomes-a-pipedream-20140324-35eb1.html#ixzz31Sg7UvWC

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:41:36 AM

Its no secret that banks create money from loans (out of thin air).  But they don't need FRB to do this, its just a balance sheet operation.  And the fact that they do this is NOT bad.  In most cases its done cause people need to borrow money.  The WORSE thing that can happen is if NOBODY is willing to borrow money and the economy comes screeching to a halt.

Read this article to understand how banks create money.  From the horses mouth.  http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1prereleasemoneycreation.pdf

Now the idea that FRB creates inequality that's hogwash.  Inequality is a side effect of free market Capitalism.  The more money you have the harder it is for others to compete w you, every child who has played Monopoly understands this.  That's why in places like USA there are anti-trust regulations.  

I laugh at all the bitcoiner BS here.  They are all as greedy as any other Captitalist except they pretend to rail against the "1%" so they can lure the lemmings into driving up price of BTC.  If you are really concerned about inequality then you should spend your time figuring how to redirect money flow from rich to poor.  Not spew BS about how some banker is stealing your money.

Bitcoin is not the answer to any economic problems in the world.  It might become a useful tool to transmit money -- and that's all it'll ever be

Seeing as you laugh at all bitcoiners here, and one presumes you don't laugh at yourself, which therefore means that you are not a bitcoiner.  So mate, what are you???  lol

And what are you doing here?  lol

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:48:57 AM

In that case don't shit up this thread with your posts.  You cite yourself as a primary source -- only on bitcointalk, folks Cheesy

[angry, scathing words]

References:
[Austrian School, lol

^See?  There's your problem Smiley
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:52:58 AM

Its no secret that banks create money from loans (out of thin air).  But they don't need FRB to do this, its just a balance sheet operation.  And the fact that they do this is NOT bad.  In most cases its done cause people need to borrow money.  The WORSE thing that can happen is if NOBODY is willing to borrow money and the economy comes screeching to a halt.

Read this article to understand how banks create money.  From the horses mouth.  http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1prereleasemoneycreation.pdf

Now the idea that FRB creates inequality that's hogwash.  Inequality is a side effect of free market Capitalism.  The more money you have the harder it is for others to compete w you, every child who has played Monopoly understands this.  That's why in places like USA there are anti-trust regulations.  

I laugh at all the bitcoiner BS here.  They are all as greedy as any other Captitalist except they pretend to rail against the "1%" so they can lure the lemmings into driving up price of BTC.  If you are really concerned about inequality then you should spend your time figuring how to redirect money flow from rich to poor.  Not spew BS about how some banker is stealing your money.

Bitcoin is not the answer to any economic problems in the world.  It might become a useful tool to transmit money -- and that's all it'll ever be

Seeing as you laugh at all bitcoiners here, and one presumes you don't laugh at yourself, which therefore means that you are not a bitcoiner.  So mate, what are you???  lol

And what are you doing here?  lol

I'm an options trader w background in economics & finance.  I'm here to warn people to stay away cause some bucket shop operation phoned up my very old and retired father to try to sell BTC investments.  I get the feeling that the Bitcoin world is full of scammers as bad if not worse than Wall Street.  

I've seen the same crap in penny stock land all the time.  Wolves pumping & dumping on newbies.  Like you pumping your ozziecoin
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:56:39 AM

And what are you doing here?  lol

I'm an options trader w background in economics & finance.  I'm here to warn people to stay away cause some bucket shop operation phoned up my very old and retired father to try to sell BTC investments.  I get the feeling that the Bitcoin world is full of scammers as bad if not worse than Wall Street.  

I've seen the same crap in penny stock land all the time.  Wolves pumping & dumping on newbies.  Like you pumping your ozziecoin

Options trader.  Haha.  You're in the biggest ponzi system on the planet mate.  Let me prove it to you:

Libor = rigged
Metal markets = rigged
Short term interest rates = rigged
Long term interest rates = rigged
FX markets = rigged

You worried bitcoin?  Seriously???  FRB is stealing from your father by paying him ZERO interest my friend.

When we get the ozziecoin blockchain to the Australian public, we're going to have every ozziecoin accountable on the Blockchain.

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:59:57 AM

Inflation steals from everyone.  But it's worse than that - rising property prices steal from the young and disadvantaged people.

Ridiculous.  The young are more than compensated for inflation with rising wages.  Did you ever work?  Did you get raises?  Were you raises keeping up with inflation?  Or...

Lol, you're gauging the standard of living by house prices?  That's your basket?
Bro, do you realize that population has at least doubled since you were a kid?  For house prices to stay the same, we'd have to make houses smaller (we don't) or colonize another planet for moar, u know, 4 Lebensraum Cheesy
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:00:40 AM

Explain me one thing: how can I pump up ozziecoin when it has zero value, it's not listed on any cryptoexchange that I know of, we have not requested for such a listing and we're giving our half of all ozziecoins to the Aussie public free?

How do I pump that?  Can you please be my pump manager?

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:03:47 AM

Lol, you're gauging the standard of living by house prices?  That's your basket?
Bro, do you realize that population has at least doubled since you were a kid?  For house prices to stay the same, we'd have to make houses smaller (we don't) or colonize another planet for moar, u know, 4 Lebensraum Cheesy

And the price of rice in China is...  lol  Seriously, explain to me why house prices have to be smaller?  Are we running out of land?  Are your kids getting smaller?

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:03:52 AM

In that case don't shit up this thread with your posts.  You cite yourself as a primary source -- only on bitcointalk, folks Cheesy

[angry, scathing words]

References:
[Austrian School, lol

Awww don't cry. I know the links are hard to understand. Look there's a rainbow

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:06:07 AM

Explain me one thing: how can I pump up ozziecoin when it has zero value, it's not listed on any cryptoexchange that I know of, we have not requested for such a listing and we're giving our half of all ozziecoins to the Aussie public free?

How do I pump that?  Can you please be my pump manager?

By not being an idiot who thinks every con must be a short con.  You create enough interest in the coin, you distribute some coin, you wait for people to start using and trading the coin, and, when it finally has sufficient value, you start selling your reserves.  
Simple.  Surprised I need to explain such basics.

@CoinCube:  Austrian School Cheesy Cheesy  Crazy old people with your souped-up Babbage Engines! Cheesy
twiifm

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:08:30 AM

And what are you doing here?  lol

Options trader.  Haha.  You're in the biggest ponzi system on the planet mate.  Let me prove it to you:

Libor = rigged
Metal markets = rigged
FX markets = rigged

You worried bitcoin?  Seriously???  FRB is stealing from your father by paying him ZERO interest my friend.

When we get the ozziecoin blockchain to the Australian public, we're going to have every accountable on the Blockchain.

Give up dude.  Your too stupid to understand finance and economics.  Everything you post sounds like its coming out the mouth of a High Schooler who just watched a Zeitgeist video on YouTube.

My father doesn't keep his money in a savings account you fool.  He has a income generating portfolio catered towards retirees.  
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:11:15 AM

By not being an idiot who thinks every con must be a short con.  You create enough interest in the coin, you distribute some coin, you wait for people to start using and trading the coin, and, when it finally has sufficient value, you start selling your reserves.  
Simple.  Surprised I need to explain such basics.

You want a really long con.  Here you go mate, introducing you to the Federal Reserve:

The history of fiat money, to put it kindly, has been one of failure. In fact, EVERY fiat currency since the Romans first began the practice in the first century has ended in devaluation and eventual collapse, of not only the currency, but of the economy that housed the fiat currency as well.

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:12:47 AM

Libor = rigged
Metal markets = rigged
FX markets = rigged

When we get the ozziecoin blockchain to the Australian public, we're going to have every accountable on the Blockchain.

Give up dude.  Your too stupid to understand finance and economics.  Everything you post sounds like its coming out the mouth of a High Schooler who just watched a Zeitgeist video on YouTube.

My father doesn't keep his money in a savings account you fool.  He has a income generating portfolio catered towards retirees.  

Calling me a fool, mate?  Haha. Must've touched a nerve.

When I read options trader with a background in finance and economics - I thought unemployed ex-investment banker.  Next thought was: schmuck.

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:14:17 AM

Here is a real options trader worth following: http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:17:08 AM

You asked "Explain me one thing: how can I pump up ozziecoin when it has zero value..."
I explained.
You forget to thank me and start sperging about fiat.  Again.

Rudeness Angry
twiifm

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:22:48 AM

Here is a real options trader worth following: http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/

Yeah I'm a big fan of Taleb.  What does this have to do with the topic? 

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:30:41 AM

[angry, scathing words]

References:
[Austrian School, lol

Awww don't cry. I know the links are hard to understand. Look there's a rainbow

Disgusting 80s failbears only bring poverty, tears and despair.  You know why you don't see them around anymore?  Yeah, that's right.  They're doing time for buttraping defenseless shota.  Here's a mugshot of one of those disgusting deviants:

Thanks for nothing.  Pervert Angry
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:32:51 AM

I am surprised your father is getting cold calls regarding Bitcoin. I would have thought it was far too new for such things.

I agree that Bitcoin has a lot of pyramid/ponzi features built into it and very well may end in tears for a lot of investors (but I think the price is likely to go much higher before that happens). I own all of 1 Bitcoin which I bought to familiarize myself with the technology so I guess that technically makes me a Bitcoin investor.

The difference between Bitcoin and your typical pump and dump, however, is that the underlying innovation cryptocurrency is fundamentally groundbreaking and revolutionary which makes bitcoin an interesting case.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:37:45 AM

Disgusting 80s failbears only bring poverty, tears and despair.  You know why you don't see them around anymore?  Yeah, that's right.  They're doing time for buttraping defenseless shota.  Here's a mugshot of one of those disgusting deviants:

Thanks for nothing.  Pervert Angry

Wow just wow. The utility of this conversation is rapidly approaching 0.
I think I will bow out and leave you to your illusion that all is well in fiat land.

Good Day

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:48:43 AM

Yeah I'm a big fan of Taleb.  What does this have to do with the topic? 

Well if you understood Taleb then you would realise that options trading is not an option.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: