Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember why you are here  (Read 1865 times)
Serge (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:05:29 PM

Don't sell into naysayers

Leave them behind

disclaimer: this is not trading advice, this is ideological principle

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:09:58 PM

Leave them behind
this manipulate too...

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:27:03 PM

Leave them behind
this manipulate too...

remember bigger picture: you want better independent future. lets make it happen
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:37:00 PM

Leave them behind
this manipulate too...

this manipulate three...
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:40:27 PM

either we'll be going places or we won't, the choice is yours
naima53

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:44:01 PM

Leave them behind
this manipulate too...

remember bigger picture: you want better independent future. lets make it happen
I want a "real use, recognition" rather than "toy for the venturesome people" first "inflate" the price and then "who first stood up (wake up) - and that would get the shoes" (Russian proverb)

Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:49:53 PM

I want a "real use, recognition" rather than "toy for the venturesome people" first "inflate" the price and then "who first stood up (wake up) - and that would get the shoes" (Russian proverb)

then don't "toy" with it yourself on the markets.
naima53

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:55:25 PM

then don't "toy" with it yourself on the markets.
in the long term, another bubble - this is completely spoiled reputation project

Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 05:07:56 PM

i personally believe in the long term the project will be in much greater shape

too bad greed rules human nature and we dump at first chance to reenter at lower points

ps i  don't speculate on markets with all my assets, only a small portion just for fun learning a bit about trading and to provide liquidity along the way
of course i seek profits like anyone else and dump a little into panic sell-offs too

naysayers and nonbelievers shouldn't be here.
the greedy one's trying to drive price down to their own entrance points and dumpers following them is what slowing us down, community should be more resilient to their words and actions is what i'm preaching in this thread, and always remember the bigger picture why we are here in the first place.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 05:37:15 PM

Bitcoin is not an ideology of inflated prices. At least I hope so, or else it will probably run into serious problems. If it is pure ideology really, I want to see it preached by people who do not hold any BTC. And not on a speculation forum. Otherwise, I don't believe a single word.

What exactly would the ideology behind high prices even be? Leave out people with less money? Push the risk of a drop onto newcomers? Making sure the early adopters get rich fast enough?

The mania decreases price stability, which damages the Bitcoin project in a run for fast profits! Don't try to put some noble badge onto that. That bullshit with Bitcoinica a few days ago? And afterward, continue crashing then bounce above 6.5 for the lulz? The merchants will surely be pleased with the glorious endeavor.
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 06:03:47 PM

i personally believe in the long term the project will be in much greater shape

too bad greed rules human nature and we dump at first chance to reenter at lower points

ps i  don't speculate on markets with all my assets, only a small portion just for fun learning a bit about trading and to provide liquidity along the way
of course i seek profits like anyone else and dump a little into panic sell-offs too

naysayers and nonbelievers shouldn't be here.
the greedy one's trying to drive price down to their own entrance points and dumpers following them is what slowing us down, community should be more resilient to their words and actions is what i'm preaching in this thread, and always remember the bigger picture why we are here in the first place.

Interesting comment. I view investing and speculating in BTC as two separate entities, but reaching for the
same goal.

Investing in BTC is to me is supporting, promoting, and growing the acceptance of BTC and its community.
So I invest in BTC in GLBSE publicly shared companies, make bets on gambling services, donate BTC to
developers and other causes. I also buy BTC long for the future in a BTC Savings Fund. So I am trying to
help grow, in my own small way, the BTC economy.

Speculating in the BTC exchange (Mt Gox for me) is day trading hobby for me, perhaps like for you. Trying to learn
some trading fundamentals and also things that are unique to BTC trading. I get the sense that the more we trade,
despite all the crazy manipulation and bitcoinica stuff, the price is going to get more and more stable as time goes on.
And that will only serve to make BTC better for everyone and more accepted in the long run.

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 06:16:59 PM

This thread is a bearish sign.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 06:21:07 PM

the slow grind UP.
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:18:58 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 09:26:17 PM by Serge

Bitcoin is not an ideology of inflated prices. At least I hope so, or else it will probably run into serious problems. If it is pure ideology really, I want to see it preached by people who do not hold any BTC. And not on a speculation forum. Otherwise, I don't believe a single word.

What exactly would the ideology behind high prices even be? Leave out people with less money? Push the risk of a drop onto newcomers? Making sure the early adopters get rich fast enough?

The mania decreases price stability, which damages the Bitcoin project in a run for fast profits! Don't try to put some noble badge onto that. That bullshit with Bitcoinica a few days ago? And afterward, continue crashing then bounce above 6.5 for the lulz? The merchants will surely be pleased with the glorious endeavor.

imagine glorious days of stable double-triple digit rates, think bitcoin won't find greater utilization at those levels than being in a single digit?  i think on contrary it will find greater utulisation and i'm not talking from speculation point of view.  

i don't want to drive and see huge bubbles for the obvious reason that bubbles cause many people lose their balances and faith although i'm afraid bubbles are inevitable in highly speculative markets.
but those who argue about value of bitcoin that it shouldn't be anywhere as high as now only pursue personal interests and are here for get quick rich ideas along with pump and dumpers.
you want to see bitcoin grow and blossom - we need to move forward, not backwards.

i don't believe single digits will get us anywhere on a wide scale recognition and acceptance - although those are great opportunities to accumulate more.
question is why do people want to acquire more at lower rates? - the answer is simple: they believe bitcoins worth much more! else it doesn't make sense at all.  

if you noticed my other previous posts, i support slow stable growth and i'm sticking with that!  although i admit sometimes rally spirit gets best of my judgement for a short time)

all i'm saying basically: don't give in without a fight to those who want to get your precious coins at bargain rates. you know Bitcoin worth much more than that.
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:21:47 PM

This thread is a bearish sign.

because i mentioned word "dump"?  Grin  this is highly over analysed interpretation, i'm not politician Wink
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 09:21:11 PM

A much higher market cap is something we should definitely aim for. It will increase stability. There are of course bubbles on the way if you try to go there too fast but that's to be expected. Right now it certainly seems that there is room to go up and the foundation is strong. I've said this before and I'll say this again, Bitcoin has already grown enough that it will never be stable at single digits.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 09:36:30 PM

Leave them behind

Thanks for the reminder, sometimes I forget that I'm here to serve my lord and master Satan in helping to bring suffering, desolation and hopelessness to all human beings. Be careful how you request something, otherwise you may not get the response you expect  Wink

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 09:43:07 PM

Leave them behind

Thanks for the reminder, sometimes I forget that I'm here to serve my lord and master Satan in helping to bring suffering, desolation and hopelessness to all human beings. Be careful how you request something, otherwise you may not get the response you expect  Wink

i meant our local downpushers, rest of the world will catch up )
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 11:04:14 PM

What makes a higher market cap good, to me, aside from questions of how hard it is to push the currency around, is that it represents a bigger economy.

Right now, a certain amount of bitcoin is actually being exchanged as currency (rather than being held for reason X or Y), and a certain amount of intrinsically valuable stuff is being traded using bitcoin. The theoretical value of each bitcoin is the total value of that stuff divided by the number of bitcoins available to trade it around (rather than being held for reason X or Y).

If the price goes up, what does that mean? In the absence of speculation, it means that there's more trade in bitcoin. It means bitcoin is becoming a real currency, to a greater extent than it was yesterday.

If the price goes up from speculation, what does that mean? It means people have confidence in the future size of the market - the future value of goods being traded using these coins.

The problem with wanting prices to go up, and up, and up from speculation is that large groups of humans have a tendency to overreact to everything. If your speculation is overly-optimistic, that's a bubble. And when the bubble bursts, people's confidence will deflate, and with it the number of people willing/able to use bitcoin to trade their things of value. And it takes a lot of time to recover from that.

So, yes, I want prices to go up, and I agree that the choice is ours as to whether it happens or not. But I think, somehow, that if we want prices to go up, the right way to do it is by buying and selling goods in bitcoin, rather than trying to make ramps and waves and heat in a market unconnected to the fundamentals.

*shrug* Just my two cents on the matter.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: